Welcome Guest Active Topics | Log In

3 Pages 123>
What do the Attributes Do? Options
Alex Tempest
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2009 12:25:34 AM

Key User Group: User recieved this medal for taking part in the FID Key User Group (KUG)

You have joined Football Identity and you are not sure what to do. Well here is a list of descriptions of what each attribute means that I complied with the help of Chris Laye, Hawkmoon and Seishun

Physical:

Acceleration: This is used to calculate how quickly it takes for you to move from point a to point b (e.g. If you and a defender are standing exactly at point A and then chase to get a ball at point B whoever has the best acceleration will get to point B first) It also contributes how far you can go in subsequent turns
Agility: This is used in calculating the success of dribbles
Balance: This is used in calculating the success of dribbles
Jumping: This is used in calculating the success of winning headers and controlling the ball inside the yellow zone of the arrow
Speed: This determines how far you can move per turn
Stamina: This determines how much fitness you regain at half time and inbetween matches
Strength: This is needed when challenging for a ball with another player (might be needed for dribbles too)

Technical:

Ball Control: Used when recieving a ball
Blocking: Used when blocking a shot or clearance
Curving: This determines how likely a pass/shot/cross will be block, it is most important with cross
Dribble: Chance of a successful dribble
High Pass: Chance of an accurate high (long) pass
Low Pass: Chance of an accurate low pass
One Touch: Chance of a successful direct action
Tackling: Chance of a successful tackle

Mental:

Anticipation: used when recieving a ball
Defensive Positioning: used anytime a player makes a defensive action (there is currently a debate in progress on this attribute)
Fearlessness: used anytime a player makes a tackle/save or challenges for a ball
Scoring Positioning: used anytime a player attempts to score
Vision: chance of making a sucessful pass and passing further

Finish:

Heading: Chance of header being accurate
Shooting Accuracy: Chance of shot being accurate
Shooting Strength: Chance of shot beating the keeper and from how far out you can shoot

Keeper:

Aerial Ability: Chance of saving a ball in the air, also used when trying to punch a cross
Handling: Chance of holding on to the ball in a save and claiming a cross
Keeper Positioning: Aids in all Saves
Passing with Hands: Chance of pass from hands going where it was aimed
Reflexes: Aids in saves

You will have to watch the match-engine demo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEj0mQV2e-M to understand fully everything here

Please not that this is not 100% concrete. (also if any other more experianced users want to add to it I will do they edit)
Sponsor  

easepace
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2009 12:27:09 AM

eww dont call me Easepace Flapper I'm Chris smiling
I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!

If The Above Post Has The Following: Spelling Mistakes , Grammar Mistakes, it's not my fault Biggrin

Chris Laye - GK
Chris Longhurst - CF

Alex Tempest
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2009 12:31:07 AM

Key User Group: User recieved this medal for taking part in the FID Key User Group (KUG)

easepace wrote:
eww dont call me Easepace Flapper I'm Chris smiling

What!!?? I never did Flapper
easepace
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2009 12:33:17 AM

thanks smiling
I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!

If The Above Post Has The Following: Spelling Mistakes , Grammar Mistakes, it's not my fault Biggrin

Chris Laye - GK
Chris Longhurst - CF

Injuman
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2009 7:06:22 PM

Alex Tempest wrote:

Finish:

Heading: Chance of header being accurate

The fact that heading is at the Finish-section confused me, but in your opinion this heading means headers all over the pitch, not just at goalscoring attempts? Can't see heading anywhere else so you must be right, but in that case I'd put it in the Technical-section.
Alex Tempest
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2009 7:09:00 PM

Injuman wrote:
The fact that heading is at the Finish-section confused me, but in your opinion this heading means headers all over the pitch, not just at goalscoring attempts? Can't see heading anywhere else so you must be right, but in that case I'd put it in the Technical-section.

Yes it is an interesting one alright, I thought it was just basically winning headers until I saw jumping, I think your right though it should be in technical
Dell Boy
#7 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2009 7:15:19 PM

What should a midfielder focus his training on?

How many times a day can you train?

How many states are in the US?
seadog
#8 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2009 7:37:37 PM

Well you train once a day, though once a week theres team training, if you train within half an hour of the set-time for team training you get improvements in 3 skills, but again its just a daily click of the mouse.

I'm not sure what skills are best, being new to the game like you, I'd hope they are intuitive and what you'd imagine is good for a midfielder works as you'd think.
Thomas DAlessandro, Irelands best AMC, currently playing for Sporting Skeheenarinky.
Alex Tempest
#9 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2009 7:37:45 PM

1) depends on how you want to play and how your manager wants to play

2) once

3) always found this one difficult it's 50 or 51
Alex Tempest
#10 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2009 7:40:30 PM

seadog wrote:

I'm not sure what skills are best, being new to the game like you, I'd hope they are intuitive and what you'd imagine is good for a midfielder works as you'd think.

They pretty much are, you will all get a better understanding of everything when you all play a match. There has been some problems with keeper skills a bit but they seem to be in the process of ironing them out anyway
yawp
#11 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2009 8:20:21 PM

This should be a sticky!
Pesh
#12 Posted : Tuesday, August 18, 2009 10:07:52 PM

Dell Boy wrote:
What should a midfielder focus his training on?

How many times a day can you train?

How many states are in the US?

I would train those if i was midfielder, depends on what position in the midfield. But middlemidfielder i would: Accel little bit, good low passes and high pass, ball control and balance.

Once in a day, im pretty sure about that.

Dont know i dont belong there.

Pride of sweden

Swedish SWE 1A Champions S04 2010

mrMallorca
#13 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2009 3:32:40 PM

Great post Alex ... as always. But I have a question regarding one of your descriptions:

"Defensive Positioning: used anytime a player makes an action in defense"

What is an "action in defense"? From what I've heard during a match if your footballer gets outside his "area of habitat" (CM in the middle, CF up front, DC defending and so on) you immediately get a bit worse, that is, calculations of the probability for success in your action are lowered.

So, action in defense, what do you think that is? A tackle from the DC in the defensive area or could it be a blocking from my part in the midfield? 2 different areas of habitats, 2 different actions in 2 different areas in the field.

Ooh yeah ... and I vote this thread to be a sticky and with your permission I will link it in my beginners corner thread.

Alex Tempest
#14 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2009 3:43:56 PM

mrMallorca wrote:
Great post Alex ... as always. But I have a question regarding one of your descriptions:

"Defensive Positioning: used anytime a player makes an action in defense"

What is an "action in defense"? From what I've heard during a match if your footballer gets outside his "area of habitat" (CM in the middle, CF up front, DC defending and so on) you immediately get a bit worse, that is, calculations of the probability for success in your action are lowered.

So, action in defense, what do you think that is? A tackle from the DC in the defensive area or could it be a blocking from my part in the midfield? 2 different areas of habitats, 2 different actions in 2 different areas in the field.

Ooh yeah ... and I vote this thread to be a sticky and with your permission I will link it in my beginners corner thread.

This was one of the attributes that I had big doubts about how to discribe.

The "area of habit" loss in skills you talk about is not in place at the moment as far as I understand but it could shed some light on the subject. It could only be used when someone is trying to make a tackle or block within their third of the pitch (their defensive area) so if you blocked a pass in midfield it wouldn't come into play, but if you were to block a pass inside the box they maybe it would. However after typing that out it sounds a bit strange. So my stance on it at the moment would be that "action in defense" is any "defensive action" (tackle, block). Saying that maybe heading should come into it in some way (possibly the pitch division aspect). As I said it was one of the tough ones for me.

link away

edit: before I put it up in the discription I want to hear what some of you think about Agility. I thought the other day that as well/instead of as being used in dribbling could it be used when changing direction. As in you can move further in a turn if you switch the direction from the previous turn
Seishun
#15 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2009 4:47:31 PM

Agility... yeah..I think you are on to something there. Noticed how all the speeding bullets have high agility? This would suggest that agility has something to do with the movement. Other than that I can't contribute with anything... =/

Another idea you can shoot down if you like:
Could jumping have something to do with recieving the ball in the yellow zone?
Rikhardur Skulason (Manager) - FC Valhalla
Xudong You (CF) - Real Mani
Jack Valentine (GK) - International Tallinn

mrMallorca
#16 Posted : Thursday, August 20, 2009 7:17:40 AM

Seishun wrote:

I believe it does anyways. Think of the ball looping in the air. The red zone is way above jumping distance but the two yellow zones are there to show you that you can reach the ball. Another attribute that comes into play here is heading ;)

Pesh
#17 Posted : Thursday, August 20, 2009 1:34:17 PM

Are you sure about this? I though vision and goal posistion stuff was for AI's?

Pride of sweden

Swedish SWE 1A Champions S04 2010

Alex Tempest
#18 Posted : Thursday, August 20, 2009 2:02:06 PM

Pesh wrote:
Are you sure about this? I though vision and goal posistion stuff was for AI's?

No, this has been discussed before and Mental attributes are not just for the AI. I will try and find where and post the link to the topic

edit: http://forum.footballide...t.aspx?g=posts&t=368
Seishun
#19 Posted : Thursday, August 20, 2009 6:48:33 PM

mrMallorca wrote:
Seishun wrote:

I believe it does anyways. Think of the ball looping in the air. The red zone is way above jumping distance but the two yellow zones are there to show you that you can reach the ball. Another attribute that comes into play here is heading ;)

It's logical but it's not sure if it's worked into the match engine. I don't really know how to prove this though =P
Rikhardur Skulason (Manager) - FC Valhalla
Xudong You (CF) - Real Mani
Jack Valentine (GK) - International Tallinn

Hawkmoon
#20 Posted : Thursday, August 20, 2009 7:05:00 PM

Maybe those with high jumping will have a longer yellow zone than those with low jumping skills?