Welcome Guest Active Topics | Log In

5 Pages 123>»
Preferred Kick-Off Time Options
CUFC_Mike
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 19, 2010 12:27:45 PM

Contributor Medal: User recieved this medal for the huge amount of work put into enhancing the FID experience.Key User Group: User recieved this medal for taking part in the FID Key User Group (KUG)

If you haven't got a preferred kick off time, you risk playing at unfavourable times. See 'How Are Kick-Offs Scheduled?' for more information. To specify a preferred kick off time, please email fid.HeadGM@communisport.com, using 'Preferred Kick-Off' as the subject title. Please be sure you include a link to your manager character and team page. Preferred kick off times can only be specified by the Manager/Assistant of a team. All other requests will be ignored.

Please bear in mind that the preferred kick off times are specified in UTC, therefore if your own time zone changes, it is YOUR responsibility to update the Head Game Master.

The deadlines for specifying a preferred kick off time is as follows:
To take effect from Qualification Round 1 onwards: Thursday 23rd December @ 19:59 UTC
To take effect from Group Stages onwards: Saturday 15th January : 23:59 UTC
Guess who's back? It's not Slim Shady...

Sponsor  

gone44
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 06, 2011 11:32:58 PM

Hello, me does not understand, I proposed one schedule to the coach, I had no answer.
Thus I sent to the link contact my schedules.
It looked good, and I look at the match is posted at 11:30 am (GTM 1)
Now I had, asked for 20 hours (GTM 1)
Thus given that the coach did not follow up has my message why t-on not in my schedules play?
Furthermore, I find that they are too much favored given that they they play in championship has 12 hours (GTM 1) and they would play at 11:30 am ( GTM+1)

Usually playing us at 8 pm, and thus we are extremely disadvantaged, and their coach not having followed up has our proposition of schedules why should t-on play has 20 hours?

( Saddened if I am not clear in my explanation, but I find it inequitable)
Favid Benkhalbellion (CD) ==> Coalition Al Dente (L1 Italy)
Mo-Mo-Mo-Mo-Mo Tusssssssssssss (GK) ==> Coalition Al Dente (L1 Italy)

Thierry Trollent (GK) ==> FC Piedscarrés (L1 Portugal)
Uh Oh (CD) ==> FC Piedscarrés (L1 Portugal)
Renan Messi (SM) ==> FC Piedscarrés (L1 Portugal)
gone44
#3 Posted : Friday, January 07, 2011 3:27:10 PM

Up, anybody to help me maybe?

niko333
#4 Posted : Friday, January 07, 2011 3:49:30 PM

gone44 wrote:
Up, anybody to help me maybe?

nobody to help us, apparement

FIDA Slovenia [League Coordinator]
Nikolasi Civano#53GoalkeeperCastors Academy
Salik Ovčina#89GoalkeeperGalactic Dublin
Alvin Okasionić#23ForwardAmicale Trophiste Youth
widjerd
#5 Posted : Friday, January 07, 2011 7:09:31 PM

Can you be more precise in your issue? What team and match are you referring to? Are you asking about a kickoff time? If so you have had ample opportunity to attempt to rearrange the kickoff and it is now too late.

Better than Joe Shank
gone44
#6 Posted : Friday, January 07, 2011 7:33:13 PM

I refer to the match ufec of Shibuya 16 (Japan) vs Espérence Sportive European (Egypt).
Then yes, I sent a message to the unfavourable trainer, it did not answer me
I sent an e-mail to give my kickoff time (by saying that I wanted to play has 20:00 (GTM+1)
My message was read and answered and the match remains has the same hour is 11.30h (GTM+1).
How that this fact?

FIDHeadGM
#7 Posted : Friday, January 07, 2011 9:25:52 PM

Head Staff Medal: Medal rewarded for being part of the Head Staff at FootballidentityGame Master Icon: Medal received for taking part in Footballidentity's Game Master teamModerator: Medal received for taking part in Footballidentity's Moderator team

As I advised via email, the deadline for you to reschedule the match was missed. You emailed fid.headGM@communisport.com too late, and therefore we were unable to reschedule the match for you. The rules are quite clearly outlined on the UFCL/UFEC site:

Quote:
Step 2
a) If the opposing Team Manager responds, and agrees, BOTH managers must email fid.HeadGM@communisport.com, using '[Team A] v [Team B] ' as the subject title, with details of the agreed re-schedule time. The match time will then be re-scheduled.

b) If the opposing Team Manager responds, and disagrees, the match time will NOT be changed.

c) If the opposing Team Manager has not responded by 17:00 UTC on Monday, please email fid.HeadGM@communisport.com by no later than 17:00 UTC on Tuesday advising of the manager (linked) you are trying to contact, and the re-scheduled time you are proposing. Any emails sent through to fid.HeadGM@communisport.com after 17:00 UTC on Tuesday will be ignored, and the match time will NOT be changed.
gone44
#8 Posted : Friday, January 07, 2011 9:30:43 PM

Hi, it was the first time I asked a rescheduled match so I didn't know the procedure.
As you can see, I sent a message on monday
the opponent's manager was inactive ( last connection monday 30/12)
But he logged on wednesday...
Next time, I will send soonner but I you can see I sent a message on Monday
And with my bad english, it was hard to understand your procedure.

FIDHeadGM
#9 Posted : Friday, January 07, 2011 10:00:43 PM

Head Staff Medal: Medal rewarded for being part of the Head Staff at FootballidentityGame Master Icon: Medal received for taking part in Footballidentity's Game Master teamModerator: Medal received for taking part in Footballidentity's Moderator team

I appreciate it was your first time of rescheduling, but that doesn't mean deadlines can be stretched, and procedures bent. As you will see by your 'next match', the matches have been input into the database therefore it is not possible to reschedule them.

As you're now aware of the procedure, I'm sure the mistake won't happen in future smiling
gone44
#10 Posted : Friday, January 07, 2011 10:10:37 PM

It is sure the error will not reproduce because Japanese usually play at 12 am (GMT + 1), and the UFEC match will start at 11:30 am, thus we are certainly going to lose. I don't understand why Shibuya is favored...

The former method to choose hour was easier and fairer
It's a pity...

Legionari0
#11 Posted : Monday, January 10, 2011 1:01:40 AM

I have a question:

Quote:
Scenario 3:
NEITHER team has a Preferred Kickoff Time.

In this instance a kickoff time is derived from both teams regular league kickoff time. This is also detailed further below.

PLEASE NOTE: We will try our best not to schedule a match to kick off more than 10 hours earlier than a teams normal kick off time, or more than 1 hour later than a teams normal kick off time; however this is not always possible, therefore it is in each team's best interest to specify a 'Preferred Kick-Off Time'.

Example A:
Team A (Sweden (UTC+1)) has specified a kickoff of 20:00 UTC, Team B (India (UTC+5.5)) has specified a kickoff of 16:00 UTC
Initial Kickoff = 18:00 UTC (average time) | 19:00 Swedish local time / 23:30 Indian local time
Actual Kickoff = 16:30 UTC | 17:30 Swedish local time / 22:00 Indian local time

Because the initial kick-off time scheduled was 23:30 Indian local time, the kick-off was moved to the latest acceptable time of 22:00 Indian local time / 16:30 UTC; this is 1 hour later than the normal 15:30 UTC kick off time for India 1A.

Example B:
Team A (Sweden (UTC+1)) has specified a kickoff of 20:00 UTC, Team B (India (UTC+5.5)) has not specified a preferred kickoff.
Initial Kickoff = 20:00 UTC (Team A's preferred time) | 19:00 Swedish local time / 01:30 Indian local time

Because the initial kick-off time scheduled was 01:30 Indian local time, the kick-off was moved to the latest acceptable time of 22:00 Indian local time / 16:30 UTC; this is 1 hour later than the normal 15:30 UTC kick off time for India 1A.

In this Scenario, If both teams prefer an hour and they agree to do so, is there a problem?

How could so advise to the admins?

What is needed? A message from the manager/assistant for each of the two teams?
(Click on the userbars to follow the link to each player)

3 UFCL, 2 UFIC, 2 SuperCups, 2 World Championship, 2 U-25 World Championship, 1 U-21 World Championship
Legionari0
#12 Posted : Monday, January 10, 2011 1:09:38 AM

Sorry for double post, but...

Also, why is set this time as an officer but is the average between the two teams?

https://sites.google.com/site/footballidentityufcl/current-competitions/season-7/ufec/qual-round-3

Ball No. Seeded Versus Unseeded Ball No. Kick Off Time (UTC) Results
F.K Zmaj od Bosne (BIH)
v GPOR (ITA) 9 20:00
3 Stirling City (SCO) v Esperance Sportive Europeenne (EGY) 14 19:00
6 Arsenal F.C. v ФК Фортуна (RUS) 12 20:30
8 Garuda Parnu FC v NK Dinamo Zagreb (CRO) 15 18:30
1 Athletico Pathetico (AUS) v Mundo Azulgrana (ARG) 10 16:30
5 The Pirates v FC BOLLYWOOD (IND) 16 15:30
7 O Garitinho C.F. v Camiseta Blanquiroja (PER) 13 15:30
2 Unfinished Business (EST) v Fc Vardar (MKD) 11 21:00

That is -6h45min in our team, Portugal.

But is a -10h for Camiseta Blanquirroja... Confused
(Click on the userbars to follow the link to each player)

3 UFCL, 2 UFIC, 2 SuperCups, 2 World Championship, 2 U-25 World Championship, 1 U-21 World Championship
Nameci
#13 Posted : Monday, January 10, 2011 2:02:42 PM

Key User Group: User recieved this medal for taking part in the FID Key User Group (KUG)

Just out of curiosity: FC Fortuna XIII and HISPANIA have a preferred kick off time which is actually outside the -10h range. (9:00 vs 19.15)

What happens if they meet for example Footstar Celebrities, with a preferred kickoff time at 6:00? If you take the average you would get 7:30, which is -11:45 compared to their normal kickoff, but only -1:30 compared to their preferred kickoff... would you put the kickoff at 9:15 then considering the -10hr rule? That wouldnt make much sense as their preferred kickoff is earlier.

Or if they meet Black Flag FC. Average of both preferred times is 5:15 (or 5:30 if you round up), way outside the -10 for Fortuna. But if you put it on 9:15 its way outside the -10/+1 for Black Flag. Would you put it on 17:15 (which is also the average of both preferred times, but the other way around the clock)?
Retired pro FID player and head-mod.

Titles: Belgium S5,7,8,9,10,11,12 - 2A S8- Ireland S5 - England S11,12,15 - UFCL S11 and probably some I forgot.

Wickerbasket wrote:
When you go to a country as a visitor such as Belgium, if you don't try their drinks until you throw up you offend them.

widjerd
#14 Posted : Monday, January 10, 2011 2:12:14 PM

Legionari0 wrote:
I have a question:

Quote:
Scenario 3:
NEITHER team has a Preferred Kickoff Time.

In this instance a kickoff time is derived from both teams regular league kickoff time. This is also detailed further below.

PLEASE NOTE: We will try our best not to schedule a match to kick off more than 10 hours earlier than a teams normal kick off time, or more than 1 hour later than a teams normal kick off time; however this is not always possible, therefore it is in each team's best interest to specify a 'Preferred Kick-Off Time'.

Example A:
Team A (Sweden (UTC+1)) has specified a kickoff of 20:00 UTC, Team B (India (UTC+5.5)) has specified a kickoff of 16:00 UTC
Initial Kickoff = 18:00 UTC (average time) | 19:00 Swedish local time / 23:30 Indian local time

Because the initial kick-off time scheduled was 23:30 Indian local time, the kick-off was moved to the latest acceptable time of 22:00 Indian local time / 16:30 UTC; this is 1 hour later than the normal 15:30 UTC kick off time for India 1A.

Example B:
Team A (Sweden (UTC+1)) has specified a kickoff of 20:00 UTC, Team B (India (UTC+5.5)) has not specified a preferred kickoff.
Initial Kickoff = 20:00 UTC (Team A's preferred time) | 19:00 Swedish local time / 01:30 Indian local time

Because the initial kick-off time scheduled was 01:30 Indian local time, the kick-off was moved to the latest acceptable time of 22:00 Indian local time / 16:30 UTC; this is 1 hour later than the normal 15:30 UTC kick off time for India 1A.

In this Scenario, If both teams prefer an hour and they agree to do so, is there a problem?

How could so advise to the admins?

What is needed? A message from the manager/assistant for each of the two teams?

Please, do read the site it has answers to questions like this:

https://sites.google.com...-to-re-schedule-matches
Better than Joe Shank
joham
#15 Posted : Monday, January 10, 2011 2:14:18 PM

Nameci wrote:
Just out of curiosity: FC Fortuna XIII and HISPANIA have a preferred kick off time which is actually outside the -10h range. (9:00 vs 19.15)

What happens if they meet for example Footstar Celebrities, with a preferred kickoff time at 6:00? If you take the average you would get 7:30, which is -11:45 compared to their normal kickoff, but only -1:30 compared to their preferred kickoff... would you put the kickoff at 9:15 then considering the -10hr rule? That wouldnt make much sense as their preferred kickoff is earlier.

Or if they meet Black Flag FC. Average of both preferred times is 5:15 (or 5:30 if you round up), way outside the -10 for Fortuna. But if you put it on 9:15 its way outside the -10/+1 for Black Flag. Would you put it on 17:15 (which is also the average of both preferred times, but the other way around the clock)?

at least Hispania has as preferred Kick-Off time 9:00 UTC, which is 10:00 local time. It is not outside any range.

Global Forum Moderator
Feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns via Email or PM

GK,CD,SM,WF&Manager... see spoiler

Mr Levice
#16 Posted : Monday, January 10, 2011 2:14:59 PM

Maybe you can answer mine too mate, how have Hessa been lumbered with a kickoff time of 11am?? Angry

Both teams sent in their prefered kickoff times which were later than this time if I'm reading correct and nowhere near the middle ground the examples suggest.
Paulo di Cumpstona of FC Estuera
HoT DoG Retired
Martin Jolly Retired.
Ronald Koeman of Hessa
Mr Tickle of Cymreig All Stars
Michael Dawson now retired from my ownership.
Deadly Leadly now retired from my ownership.
Gary Lineker now retired from my ownership.
Neil Lancaster now retired from my ownership.
The Fridge now retired from my ownership.
Leviniho. Retired.
joham
#17 Posted : Monday, January 10, 2011 2:19:08 PM

So, Aussie team must play between 10 and 22 h local time. Their latest time 22h is 11:00 UTC, which is "acceptable" for european countries following admins-GM minds. I said last week that playing vs. Australian teams with this format means playing at 11:00 UTC, no matter other team´s preferred Kick-Off time neither any other thing.

Global Forum Moderator
Feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns via Email or PM

GK,CD,SM,WF&Manager... see spoiler

widjerd
#18 Posted : Monday, January 10, 2011 2:19:13 PM

Mr Levice wrote:
Maybe you can answer mine too mate, how have Hessa been lumbered with a kickoff time of 11am?? Angry

Both teams sent in their prefered kickoff times which were later than this time if I'm reading correct and nowhere near the middle ground the examples suggest.

I'm not sure - there is still a bit of human input here with the timezone differences so i will have to ask for specific answers. I think the reason would be playing against an Australian team who are 11 hours ahead, a match at 16:00 would be 3am for them so is scaled back to an acceptable time for them.

I'll ask but hopefully you should be able to get to 14:00 at least as that is the end of their time range they have asked for
Better than Joe Shank
Mr Levice
#19 Posted : Monday, January 10, 2011 2:24:09 PM

widjerd wrote:
Mr Levice wrote:

I'm not sure - there is still a bit of human input here with the timezone differences so i will have to ask for specific answers. I think the reason would be playing against an Australian team who are 11 hours ahead, a match at 16:00 would be 3am for them so is scaled back to an acceptable time for them.

I'll ask but hopefully you should be able to get to 14:00 at least as that is the end of their time range they have asked for

That seem logical to me, not asking them to play in the middle of the night (16:00) but surely if they put 14:00 as an ok timezone should be used to suit both parties.
Paulo di Cumpstona of FC Estuera
HoT DoG Retired
Martin Jolly Retired.
Ronald Koeman of Hessa
Mr Tickle of Cymreig All Stars
Michael Dawson now retired from my ownership.
Deadly Leadly now retired from my ownership.
Gary Lineker now retired from my ownership.
Neil Lancaster now retired from my ownership.
The Fridge now retired from my ownership.
Leviniho. Retired.
widjerd
#20 Posted : Monday, January 10, 2011 2:39:41 PM

Legionari0 wrote:
Sorry for double post, but...

Also, why is set this time as an officer but is the average between the two teams?

https://sites.google.com/site/footballidentityufcl/current-competitions/season-7/ufec/qual-round-3

Ball No. Seeded Versus Unseeded Ball No. Kick Off Time (UTC) Results
F.K Zmaj od Bosne (BIH)
v GPOR (ITA) 9 20:00
3 Stirling City (SCO) v Esperance Sportive Europeenne (EGY) 14 19:00
6 Arsenal F.C. v ФК Фортуна (RUS) 12 20:30
8 Garuda Parnu FC v NK Dinamo Zagreb (CRO) 15 18:30
1 Athletico Pathetico (AUS) v Mundo Azulgrana (ARG) 10 16:30
5 The Pirates v FC BOLLYWOOD (IND) 16 15:30
7 O Garitinho C.F. v Camiseta Blanquiroja (PER) 13 15:30
2 Unfinished Business (EST) v Fc Vardar (MKD) 11 21:00

That is -6h45min in our team, Portugal.

But is a -10h for Camiseta Blanquirroja... Confused