Welcome Guest Active Topics | Log In

Problems with lagging? Use Google Chrome! Options
FIDAdmin1
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 07, 2009 11:57:46 AM

Head Staff Medal: Medal rewarded for being part of the Head Staff at Footballidentity

We want to give you some important information on how to make as much as possible to avoid lagging during matches.

1. Minimize/hide the main Footballidentity.com site. If you are experiencing lagging, we have found that by having the main site minimized in the background you may discover differences in performance.

2. If you often find that lagging starts to appear after some time of playing we recommend that you quickly close the match window (not click refresh or F5) and then open it again by clicking on the "Next Match" link. It is proably a good idea to make it your standard procedure to do this always in halftime just to avoid having to do this while match is ongoing.

3. There is also a way of decreasing the flash quality in your browser. This will however make the resolution look worse in the match engine but it is a way of decreasing the resources used by flash on your local PC. We strongly recommend performing step 1 and 2 above before going into this option since it is not so easy to find the settings for this i the browsers.

All of the lagging that we mention above is really due to your local PC's performance and it behaves differently for different users. Some users don't experience any lagging at all and some experience more. Therefore you will have to try to find what works out best for you given our recommendations.

At the same time, there is also a different kind of "lagging" that we are working on seperately. This is related to network connections and the amount of time it takes for the data package to travel from your PC to the server. If it reaches the server too late the AI will take the decision for you. This problem we are currently working on trying to build a dynamic solution that will incorporate a bit of extra "waiting time" (we are talking milliseconds here) on the server depending on how long it has taken for packages to travel to the server during previous communication. As you may understand this is not an easy task and it requires a lot of testing before we can deploy it so it will take some time before you see this change. Hopefully we will be able to start our internal testing next week and depending on how that goes... yes... we'll see smiling

Help and FAQ

Stay updated by following us on:

...and follow my blog.

See how matches are played in this Youtube Tutorial.
Sponsor  

FIDAdmin1
#2 Posted : Friday, October 09, 2009 9:35:20 PM

Head Staff Medal: Medal rewarded for being part of the Head Staff at Footballidentity

It has come to our knowledge that there could be a connection between Firewall and Internet Security settings and some problems experienced when trying to play matches or view replays.

If you encounter problems with viewing replays or Connection Error during matches please check your Firewall, Internet Security and Anti-virus settings (try for instance turning it off shortly to see if it has any positive effect). If you find anything that could be of use to other users, please post your findings in the following topic:

http://forum.footballide...aspx?g=posts&t=2093

Help and FAQ

...and follow my blog.

FIDAdmin1
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 11, 2009 4:22:47 PM

We have found that some versions of Norton Internet Security currently creates the following problem with regards to watching replays:

1. The replay only displays loading picture
2. After some time the following error message appears:

Connection Error
Could not connect to server. Do you want to try refresh the match?
Yes / No

We have not yet found how to configure Norton Internet Security to avoid this but we have tested to inactivate it shortly and that makes the replay load as it should. We therefore ask you for help on this matter. If you find that you have the same problem and also find out how to configure Norton Internet Security, then please post in the following topic letting us and other users know how to do this!

http://forum.footballide...aspx?g=posts&t=2093

Many thanks!

Help and FAQ

...and follow my blog.

FIDAdmin1
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 25, 2009 8:55:01 AM

For those of you who are still having some problems with lagging during matches (even after having minimized the main FID window etc.) it seems our strongest recommendation right now would be for you to use Google Chrome as browser. It seems the brightest shining solution to this problem.

Take for instance our member Altah who after some really bad lagging problems and after having tried all the things we recommend asked me for help. I recommended Altah to try Google Chrome and yesterday I received the following message:

Altah wrote:

Mate, google chrome did NOT make it better. IT MADE IT ABSOLUTELY PERFECT!
I feel I want to hug you for this. There is no lag whatsoever. It´s so funny to play!

Thanks a lot for your help, much appreciated. And good luck to you with working on this fantastic game!

Allie.

Some "simple" background info that explains why Google Chrome could very much be more suitable for running the matches in:

Google are developing some quite resource heavy "applications" to be run over the web. They have noticed that these "applications" are too heavy for Firefox and Internet Explorer so what do Google do? Well, of course they develop their own browser that is more efficient and that can handle these more advanced applications. At least that is the story that has been told to me but don't quote me on that smiling

So for those of you who do not mind downloading and installing a new browser, Google Chrome could very much be the solution to any lagging problems you may be facing.

Edit: It has come to my attention that it is the very latest version of Google Chrome that is also the very much fastest... so if you have an older version of the browser you may want to upgrade to the latest.

Help and FAQ

...and follow my blog.

FIDAdmin1
#5 Posted : Tuesday, December 29, 2009 3:09:39 PM

We have received a suggestion from User Kevinbro who says the following:

I'm using this one for other games:
Close your Vista Sidebar while not using it. It's a RAM-eater on Vista.

So for those of you using Vista and experiencing lagging during matches it may be a good idea to follow this suggestion. Thanks for the suggestion Kevinbro!Applause

Help and FAQ

...and follow my blog.

markg7777
#6 Posted : Friday, July 02, 2010 1:05:54 AM

why is this site so hard to get on at 800 p.m. est?
MateusBR93
#7 Posted : Monday, August 23, 2010 5:44:02 PM

I'm in trouble entering the FI with Google Chrome.

Every time I enter my user, the homepage of my character is loading and never stops.

When I go through Internet Explorer works normally.

What is this?

Thanks.
Ivan Marinho
#8 Posted : Monday, August 23, 2010 6:22:18 PM

MateusBR93 wrote:

Every time I enter my user, the homepage of my character is loading and never stops.

What is this?

Thanks.

Mateus, vou te responder em português porque sei que és brasileiro. Isso é por causa da penúltima atualização. Vai no google chrome e aperta CTRL + SHIFT + DEL, seleciona tudo e bota pra "limpar". Depois loga normalmente.

Abraço.

Solution (in english) for similar cases:

1. Open chrome;
2. Press CTRL + SHIFT + DEL;
3. Clean all your navigation data of all time.
1st World User - #1 Usuário do Mundo

Click the button bellow for links and details of my 10 players

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Vicestab
#9 Posted : Monday, August 23, 2010 6:50:06 PM

Ivan Marinho wrote:
MateusBR93 wrote:

What is this?

Thanks.

Mateus, vou te responder em português porque sei que és brasileiro. Isso é por causa da penúltima atualização. Vai no google chrome e aperta CTRL + SHIFT + DEL, seleciona tudo e bota pra "limpar". Depois loga normalmente.

Abraço.

Solution (in english) for similar cases:

1. Open chrome;
2. Press CTRL + SHIFT + DEL;
3. Clean all your navigation data of all time.

I approve this message Wink

Had the same problem, but finally now it's solved. In that same day I had to use Firefox and I discovered it no longer lags. Which is amazing Woot
MateusBR93
#10 Posted : Monday, August 23, 2010 8:19:30 PM

Obrigado Ivan. Funcionou corretamente.

Abraços. Applause
scotty196222
#11 Posted : Friday, September 17, 2010 7:42:34 PM

This game is so great, thats why, I guess, its so annoying having all these lag and connection issues.

Before I start, can I say, I have tried every possible workaround and more.

Wink

The best browser for me, and FID, I have found is Google Chrome. Although there are still flaws when running FID with it.

For starters..even finding the site can be an issue. 'Webpage not found'

2nd is the login..sometimes, whack, bam !! shabooom Im in, other times....hanging...hanging....Laugh Out Loud Nightmare !

3rd...That little annoying circle in the top left of Google Chrome, just keeps a spinning...and spinning...and....Biggrin

4th...we are getting there...phew...Dance Character space...here we go again...hanging...hanging...

5th...WERE IN !!!!! WAHOOOOOOOOO WOOOOOT !!! Flapper Ok...ok...footballer improvement WOOOOOOOSH....DONE AND DUSTED !! Dance Applause First time all the way thru...Woot

My main gripe, have I said how much I love this game ? Love Is on matchday... Goto match..loading...still loading....even had a security error message the once ??Thinking Refresh Pray loading...loading...like the new footballs flying in touch Biggrin , Im in ...great! Then I type in the in-game chatbox.. HTTP ERROR ! ?? click OK, and hope Im alright...Wall major lag when game starts...D'oh! ok...refresh...refresh...Back to loading..back ingame...no probs for abit, until its time I get the ball....D'oh! BANG ...'HTTP ERROR' ....

Nightmare, dont recieve the ball, team mates want to kill me...Laugh Out Loud ok maybe not kill me, but some sort of torture is in mind for me...Flapper

Like I said, Il stick with it, as this is such a great idea and game, well done the creators !!

Applause

Quote:
I wonder what shenanigans I was getting up to on that evening.....

levski
#12 Posted : Friday, September 17, 2010 7:51:30 PM

That might be the best post I've seen. A work of art. Take a step back and just look at it, enjoy the aesthetics seeping in. Had this been created 85 years ago it would be invaluable right now.
scotty196222
#13 Posted : Saturday, September 18, 2010 12:53:20 PM

Shhh

You must mean, anesthetic ?

Whistle

Flapper

NB:Reward...reward...rewardWink

Should I pass you the bucket...??

Shifty

Quote:

bajenmiffo
#14 Posted : Saturday, September 18, 2010 2:17:01 PM

scotty196222: You don't thing you could have used some more smileys in your repliesBiggrin Must be the starangest posts I've ever seen on the fid forums. I hope you have a journalist character, I would read every single article!

On topic: For me google chrome works best. I've tried firefox and ie and both of these works fine but I just like it better. Earlier when I used firefox I had to scroll up and down to see everything in the match interface, in chrome I don't have to. I'm usually playing on my laptop and it fits perfectly in full screen on google chrome.

Robin Hero #27 - CF - Tufte IL NOR 1A

scotty196222
#15 Posted : Saturday, September 18, 2010 6:35:49 PM

bajenmiffo wrote:
scotty196222: You don't thing you could have used some more smileys in your repliesBiggrin Must be the starangest posts I've ever seen on the fid forums. I hope you have a journalist character, I would read every single article!

Ta.

Biggrin

I prefer being a inept side defender rather than a Journo...Hand Those guys are a bunch of ****s...Laugh Out Loud

Without my connection issues, I reckon I would make the FID's England squad !!!!!! Laugh Out Loud Dance

Anyway, thx mate for your post, Wink I do like a good rant every now and then...Angel and I do love the odd....Dance Love Dance
Flapper

Applause

Quote:

Mr.Shepherd
#16 Posted : Saturday, April 23, 2011 10:48:44 AM

For some reason today mint keeps freezing, it doesn't just freeze the internet browser but my whole laptop.. not sure what the problem is Confused
DON_MItchi
#17 Posted : Wednesday, June 01, 2011 6:35:49 PM

Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused

EDIT: i use Chrome Crying

Adriatic Premier League:
Dinko Bilic
S 14 Vucini Apostoli
S 16 Vucini Apostoli

The one and only SD #88
Klepa
#18 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2011 7:20:31 PM

FID is starting to be very ridiclious game , wtf is going on with your servers you cant have 700 online players ??? wtf ???

Klepa Klepinho | FC Balkan United (BiH 1A) CF #14

Hobotnica Hvatiloptic | Dundee Devils (SCO 1A) GK #1

Klepa Klepinho Career stats , Teams:

francesco20
#19 Posted : Tuesday, July 12, 2011 5:24:20 AM

hey...
ive been playing for few seasons now...but this season the game just lags like hell....
75% my movement is done by AI!!

how am i to play...its not my internet or pc...i play other heavier games just fine...

fix the LAG!!
Name: francesco roshan
Main Position: CM
Team: F.C. DESTROYERS