Welcome Guest Active Topics | Log In

7 Pages «<34567>
Formation Guide Options
Sir_Mica
#81 Posted : Sunday, August 14, 2011 3:12:16 PM

As this topic any purpose? I mean, any admin is thinking on updating more formation options during the next seasons?

#82 Posted : Sunday, August 21, 2011 11:59:33 PM

McManager wrote:
Edo_Majka wrote:
Theow wrote:
DON_MItchi wrote:
tibor_tisza wrote:
Runeic wrote:
Angel_Eye wrote:
4-4-2 Diamond (WF) Formation

1 GK
______
2 CD
2 SD
______
1 DCM
2 CM
1 ACM
______
1 CF
1 WF

change the CM's to SM's! This formation needs SM's

+1
Shouldn't be so hard, I don't understand why there was no SM positions in this formation or others without SM's in the first place

+2
It's a really good formation, but not with 2 CM's.

+3 for 2 SM Cool

+4 Wink
+5Whistle

+6...this needs sm's

+7 this formation need 2 SM's for sure

My Characters + my teams
My championschips and awards:
FIDwiki:

Billi de Joy
#83 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2011 12:02:26 AM

13 wrote:
McManager wrote:
Edo_Majka wrote:
Theow wrote:
DON_MItchi wrote:
tibor_tisza wrote:
Runeic wrote:
Angel_Eye wrote:

1 GK
______
2 CD
2 SD
______
1 DCM
2 CM
1 ACM
______
1 CF
1 WF

+1
Shouldn't be so hard, I don't understand why there was no SM positions in this formation or others without SM's in the first place

+2

+3 for 2 SM Cool

+4 Wink
+5Whistle

+6...this needs sm's

+8 this formation need 2 SM's for sure

equisiteblue
#84 Posted : Monday, August 22, 2011 6:30:05 PM

Billi de Joy wrote:
13 wrote:
McManager wrote:
Edo_Majka wrote:
Theow wrote:
DON_MItchi wrote:
tibor_tisza wrote:
Runeic wrote:
Angel_Eye wrote:

1 GK
______
2 CD
2 SD
______
1 DCM
2 CM
1 ACM
______
1 CF
1 WF

+1

+2

+3 for 2 SM Cool

+4 Wink
+5Whistle

+6...this needs sm's

+9 Definitely!!
mr-twilight
#85 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2011 1:31:54 PM

equisiteblue wrote:
Billi de Joy wrote:
13 wrote:
McManager wrote:
Edo_Majka wrote:
Theow wrote:
DON_MItchi wrote:
tibor_tisza wrote:
Runeic wrote:
Angel_Eye wrote:

1 GK
______
2 CD
2 SD
______
1 DCM
2 CM
1 ACM
______
1 CF
1 WF

+1

+2

+3 for 2 SM Cool

+4 Wink
+5Whistle

+6...this needs sm's

+9 Definitely!!

+10
| Manager | Martijn Vermeulen | Football Legacy (NED) | NED 1A |
| Side-Midfielder | Clarence Seedorf | Boondock Saints | Ned 2A |
| Ass. Manager | Martijn Vermeulen II | Football Legacy (IRL) | IRL 2A |
| Side-Midfielder | Marc Overmars | Football Legacy (IRL) | IRL 2A |
| Ass. Manager | Martijn Vermeulen III | Football Legacy (BIH) * | BIH 2A |

*At the moment the name of Football Legacy (BIH) is F.C. Štrumfovi, after season 12 the name will be changed.
Molnhulden
#86 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2011 2:44:18 PM

mr-twilight wrote:
equisiteblue wrote:
Billi de Joy wrote:
13 wrote:
McManager wrote:
Edo_Majka wrote:
Theow wrote:
DON_MItchi wrote:
tibor_tisza wrote:
Runeic wrote:
Angel_Eye wrote:

1 GK
______
2 CD
2 SD
______
1 DCM
2 CM
1 ACM
______
1 CF
1 WF

+1

+2

+3 for 2 SM Cool

+4 Wink
+5Whistle

+6...this needs sm's

+9 Definitely!!

+10

+11

Istai Orion - Manager

Current manager of:
-Juventus Moldova

RSCA
#87 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2011 3:42:49 PM

Molnhulden wrote:
mr-twilight wrote:
equisiteblue wrote:
Billi de Joy wrote:
13 wrote:
McManager wrote:
Edo_Majka wrote:
Theow wrote:
DON_MItchi wrote:
tibor_tisza wrote:
Runeic wrote:
Angel_Eye wrote:

1 GK
______
2 CD
2 SD
______
1 DCM
2 CM
1 ACM
______
1 CF
1 WF

+1

+2

+3 for 2 SM Cool

+4 Wink
+5Whistle

+6...this needs sm's

+9 Definitely!!

+10

+11

+12
didothunder
#88 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2011 5:36:49 PM

RSCA wrote:
Molnhulden wrote:
mr-twilight wrote:
equisiteblue wrote:
Billi de Joy wrote:
13 wrote:
McManager wrote:
Edo_Majka wrote:
Theow wrote:
DON_MItchi wrote:
tibor_tisza wrote:
Runeic wrote:
Angel_Eye wrote:

1 GK
______
2 CD
2 SD
______
1 DCM
2 CM
1 ACM
______
1 CF
1 WF

+1

+2

+3 for 2 SM Cool

+4 Wink
+5Whistle

+6...this needs sm's

+9 Definitely!!

+10

+11

+12

-1 Honestly....

In my view... a SM is a wide player that plays in the wide midfield but makes the attacking runs up the wing. This formation has a WF which is meant to be the wide player. It would not be logical to play the WF with 2 SM's and we can't have formations put in just for the sake of making them, despite the fact even making this formation with a WF and CF was a stretch.

To be more realistic, I could see a formation with 2xsd 2xcd 2xcm 1xacm 1sm 1wf and 1cf

set up like the 4-4-1-1 except having the WF on one side and be really aggressive and the SM on the other side play more like a midfielder.

Anyway, if it comes in it comes in. Not really fussed. Just think we can't bring in formations just to accommodate that don't make true sense... it is the managers job to bring players in to suit the formations not the other way around.

Brent Little - Hendon - England 1A
Simply... the best keeper in the game
World Keeper of the Year - Season 20 - Hendon

Formerly from

#89 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2011 7:05:30 PM

didothunder wrote:
-1 Honestly....

In my view... a SM is a wide player that plays in the wide midfield but makes the attacking runs up the wing. This formation has a WF which is meant to be the wide player. It would not be logical to play the WF with 2 SM's and we can't have formations put in just for the sake of making them, despite the fact even making this formation with a WF and CF was a stretch.

Anyway, if it comes in it comes in. Not really fussed. Just think we can't bring in formations just to accommodate that don't make true sense... it is the managers job to bring players in to suit the formations not the other way around.

It's like you sayed in your view but each player got his style and the reason the tactik would be better with 2 SM's instead off 2 CM's. is 1 cause there are more SM's in fid then CM's. 2th and for me to most important one is that it give's more freedom to the ACM, SM and WF to play. Cause like you sayed a wf and sm play wide so 3 players wide would be wierd. But with 2 cm you got only 1 side to attack from unless your acm plays the other side but then you just got a 4-3-3 Wall So with 2 sm's you get more attacking force on the side but also free mids while defending + it give's the ACM (in my case a playmaker) more options to pass to will attacking. + the WF doesn't really need to play on the side cause WF normally got more shooting then a sm so they can play like a shadow striker looking for a gap in the opponent defends. Hope you get why i'm in favoure off 2 sm's instead off 2 CM's Wink

My Characters + my teams
FIDwiki:

tygra
#90 Posted : Thursday, August 25, 2011 7:11:44 PM

didothunder wrote:

-1 Honestly....

To be more realistic, I could see a formation with 2xsd 2xcd 2xcm 1xacm 1sm 1wf and 1cf

set up like the 4-4-1-1 except having the WF on one side and be really aggressive and the SM on the other side play more like a midfielder.

Have to disagree with you. If the original diamond 4-4-2 uses SM's this one should also.
tibor_tisza
#91 Posted : Friday, August 26, 2011 10:57:14 AM

tygra wrote:
didothunder wrote:

-1 Honestly....

Have to disagree with you. If the original diamond 4-4-2 uses SM's this one should also.

Amen !
Whenever any form of government becomes destructive, it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it."

Headmanager :

Sigma
#92 Posted : Friday, August 26, 2011 4:54:45 PM

RSCA wrote:
Molnhulden wrote:
mr-twilight wrote:
equisiteblue wrote:
Billi de Joy wrote:
13 wrote:
McManager wrote:
Edo_Majka wrote:
Theow wrote:
DON_MItchi wrote:
tibor_tisza wrote:
Runeic wrote:
Angel_Eye wrote:

1 GK
______
2 CD
2 SD
______
1 DCM
2 CM
1 ACM
______
1 CF
1 WF

+1

+2

+3 for 2 SM Cool

+4 Wink
+5Whistle

+6...this needs sm's

+9 Definitely!!

+10

+11

+12

+13
didothunder
#93 Posted : Friday, August 26, 2011 6:05:34 PM

tygra wrote:
didothunder wrote:

-1 Honestly....

This is not a traditional 4-4-2 diamond. It was a make shift formation to begin with to give a WF another option that has one "Wide Player" and one "Striker". So it has nothing to do with it.

I see what your saying more teams have SM's and it would give them another option. but if you make an SM with a WF they are essentially running the same routes if played properly... just the SM a tad deeper when in the defensive end which really to me defeats the purpose of OOP's and finding the right players to fit your style of play. It's not a bad thing for me to disagree, as I say I don't care really. Just saying "logically" it is not a viable formation. Will it be better for the game, perhaps. But strongly feel it is just another make shift formation to get rid of OOP's and not one that would logically be used.

Formerly from

DanielDimovski
#94 Posted : Friday, August 26, 2011 7:41:05 PM

Maybe adding SS (Second Striker) in some formation won't hurt?

p.s. SS is a player that plays just behind the CF and in front of the ACM and he is playing all-over in the attack.

p.p.s. +1 to Brent's opinion
Macedonian Moderator

#95 Posted : Friday, August 26, 2011 10:13:43 PM

didothunder wrote:
tygra wrote:
didothunder wrote:

-1 Honestly....

This is not a traditional 4-4-2 diamond. It was a make shift formation to begin with to give a WF another option that has one "Wide Player" and one "Striker". So it has nothing to do with it.

I see what your saying more teams have SM's and it would give them another option. but if you make an SM with a WF they are essentially running the same routes if played properly... just the SM a tad deeper when in the defensive end which really to me defeats the purpose of OOP's and finding the right players to fit your style of play. It's not a bad thing for me to disagree, as I say I don't care really. Just saying "logically" it is not a viable formation. Will it be better for the game, perhaps. But strongly feel it is just another make shift formation to get rid of OOP's and not one that would logically be used.

Still disagree with the WF part overlapping in running routes with a SM. A side mid plays more to the side then a WF does. So the defenders will have to choise who to mark when they show up on one side. So like i see the tactic logicly the Wf will need to creat the space into the attack.

My Characters + my teams
FIDwiki:

didothunder
#96 Posted : Friday, August 26, 2011 10:21:53 PM

13 wrote:
didothunder wrote:
tygra wrote:
didothunder wrote:

-1 Honestly....

Still disagree with the WF part overlapping in running routes with a SM. A side mid plays more to the side then a WF does. So the defenders will have to choise who to mark when they show up on one side. So like i see the tactic logicly the Wf will need to creat the space into the attack.

Ah well, agree to disagree then Biggrin.

Not really fussed either way, just stating my opinion as I don't think I have ever seen a team play like that.

Formerly from

#97 Posted : Sunday, October 02, 2011 9:22:31 PM

didothunder wrote:
13 wrote:
didothunder wrote:
tygra wrote:
didothunder wrote:

-1 Honestly....

Ah well, agree to disagree then Biggrin.

Not really fussed either way, just stating my opinion as I don't think I have ever seen a team play like that.

Barca plays like this as there CM's play more to the side like SM's

My Characters + my teams
FIDwiki:

ARINHO
#98 Posted : Monday, October 17, 2011 11:35:44 PM

No + or - from me, just thanks for this topic smiling

Best player EU

Funny quote below

Best excuse EU below

ARINHO's school of GKing
Halamario
#99 Posted : Thursday, October 20, 2011 9:16:20 PM

Sigma wrote:
RSCA wrote:
Molnhulden wrote:
mr-twilight wrote:
equisiteblue wrote:
Billi de Joy wrote:
13 wrote:
McManager wrote:
Edo_Majka wrote:
Theow wrote:
DON_MItchi wrote:
tibor_tisza wrote:
Runeic wrote:
Angel_Eye wrote:

1 GK
______
2 CD
2 SD
______
1 DCM
2 CM
1 ACM
______
1 CF
1 WF

+1

+2

+3 for 2 SM Cool

+4 Wink
+5Whistle

+6...this needs sm's

+9 Definitely!!

+10

+11

+12

+13

+14
Sanderr
#100 Posted : Friday, October 21, 2011 6:57:12 AM

Halamario wrote:
Sigma wrote:
RSCA wrote:
Molnhulden wrote:
mr-twilight wrote:
equisiteblue wrote:
Billi de Joy wrote:
13 wrote:
McManager wrote:
Edo_Majka wrote:
Theow wrote:
DON_MItchi wrote:
tibor_tisza wrote:
Runeic wrote:
Angel_Eye wrote:

1 GK
______
2 CD
2 SD
______
1 DCM
2 CM
1 ACM
______
1 CF
1 WF

+1

+2

+3 for 2 SM Cool

+4 Wink
+5Whistle

+6...this needs sm's

+9 Definitely!!

+10

+11

+12

+13

+14

+15. Wanted to use this but thought it was with two SMs. Who the hell would want 4 central midfielders anyway?
Vicestab wrote:
tears there were, yes, but all yours.