Welcome Guest Active Topics | Log In

4 Pages 123>»
Read this before posting new footballers!! Options
SyN
#1 Posted : Friday, November 20, 2009 5:47:00 AM

I see a lot of people posting here with just a "hi i'm looking for a job i'll train and im ready to go" but in reality, that doesn't really tell us very much.

As a manager, I need to know some crucial things so I came up with a little format for you guys to follow:

First off - READ THIS POST about creating a link to your character profile. That's the #1 key.

Next up - a simple set of informations is needed for manager to make a decision on whether to offer you a contract or not. Here it goes:

Quote:
Name: (with a link to your profile)

Position:

Times available: (in CET since it's universal) This is very important - US games are at 3 AM CET... so most euros are not going to be able to sign with a US team, however there are some that can, and some US players that can play euro times. This also should be for match nights (Wednesday and Sunday)

Anything extra you want to add:

I will give an example

Quote:
Name: Darryl Kucmerowski

Position: Keeper

Time available: 16CET-4CET (10AM EST - 10PM EST)

Extra: dedicated and experienced keeper looking for a new team

This saves a lot of time and questions that a manager might have. It also gives the manager a quick and easy way to offer you a contract! I hope this helps and GL to all you new footballers!

CURRENT CHARACTERS

Player/Manager Awards and Championships

Sponsor  

levski
#2 Posted : Friday, November 20, 2009 3:57:42 PM

It'd be very nice if they can further incorporate the most important info (time available and country) in the thread title.
SyN
#3 Posted : Friday, November 20, 2009 6:38:09 PM

levski wrote:
It'd be very nice if they can further incorporate the most important info (time available and country) in the thread title.

yeah I agree there too... at min should be in the thread but in the title makes it even easier smiling

CURRENT CHARACTERS

Player/Manager Awards and Championships

Alex Tempest
#4 Posted : Friday, November 20, 2009 6:42:28 PM

Key User Group: User recieved this medal for taking part in the FID Key User Group (KUG)

Applause very good idea
levski
#5 Posted : Friday, November 20, 2009 6:50:08 PM

And let's sticky this please.
Kingstown
#6 Posted : Saturday, November 21, 2009 5:28:01 PM

levski wrote:
And let's sticky this please.

I agree. A very usefull topic, so i made it sticky and let's hope it helps a lot of our new users when they come here to advertise their player.

Thnx @ SyN for making this topic!Applause

Kingstown, Manager of Djup United
Forum HeadModerator
Pukko7
#7 Posted : Sunday, December 06, 2009 12:34:57 PM

We need to make this thread in a way so everybody see it before they post. Almost not a single on has gone after this lately.
Coolingen

my swag's jehovah witness it never takes a holiday
Kingstown
#8 Posted : Sunday, December 06, 2009 12:57:06 PM

Pukko7 wrote:
We need to make this thread in a way so everybody see it before they post. Almost not a single on has gone after this lately.

This is the 1st topic you see when entering this forum, since it has been made sticky and although i agree that not everyone read it according to the postings in this forum, there certainly has been a positive increase in the number of users advertising themselves more clearly.

Let's not forget that if you're new on this forum it can be difficult to find the right topics and there will allways be a number of users that won't read topics before posting, that's unavoidable.

Forum HeadModerator
Pukko7
#9 Posted : Sunday, December 06, 2009 1:26:24 PM

Yes of course Kingstown! What I ment was more that I wan't people to see this, even if I know that there's nothing more you guys can do.

And I also know that it might be difficult when you are new, I would probably be like them (well, at least a coupple of years ago).

// Puk
Coolingen

my swag's jehovah witness it never takes a holiday
Jester
#10 Posted : Friday, December 11, 2009 4:40:28 PM

My opinion about the Footballer Advertisement Forum:

This section of the forum is way too confusing the way it is now... i think it needs some changes...

So... why doesnt the forum have rules?

one rule i think the forum should have is, the users that create a topic should have to use informative titles...

some info i think that is important:
Quote:
Character Position
(this is what most managers/scouts need when looking for a player for their team)

Character Rating
(also another very important info)

Time Available for Matches
(managers/scouts know what time their team have matches... why bother opening the topic if the player cant be online at that time?)

(not very important atm but i believe it will be, in the future)

User Experience
(could be optional?)

example: [WF] 999 | 15-20 GMT | 32 | 2 months

This would make the forum tidier and it would really help managers/scouts finding the players that they want without opening 500 topics...

About this Sticky:

The topic would be more visible if the title was in CAPS, and if it had some "look at me" simbols...

...something like this: >>>READ BEFORE POSTING<<<

Sport Funchal e Benfica . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Gothenburg Phoenix
Kingstown
#11 Posted : Friday, December 11, 2009 5:17:54 PM

@ jestar:

I agree with you that this part of the forum and also some other parts for that matter are not the way we would like it to be and restructuring the complete forum is one of my main goals.

In general the forum is too large, there are too many announcements a lot of stickies etc. etc. , so there is a lot of work to do, besides the daily stuff. (creating private forums, answering questions, remove topics etc.)

At this moment i'm the only moderator, so the restructure progress is slow and the first priority was to make the urgent announcements and news by admins better visible for all users.

We hope to get some extra moderators to do the daily stuff and then i will have more timeto focus more on the restructuring part, which also includes this forum. When this exactly will happen, i don't know yet (we'll try to have new moderators before the end of this year) and it's a big job to do, so there definitely will be a lot of changes coming on, but one step at the time....we want to do it properly and that takes some time.

Forum HeadModerator
Couriant
#12 Posted : Friday, December 11, 2009 8:03:16 PM

Kingstown wrote:
@ jestar:

I agree with you that this part of the forum and also some other parts for that matter are not the way we would like it to be and restructuring the complete forum is one of my main goals.

In general the forum is too large, there are too many announcements a lot of stickies etc. etc. , so there is a lot of work to do, besides the daily stuff. (creating private forums, answering questions, remove topics etc.)

At this moment i'm the only moderator, so the restructure progress is slow and the first priority was to make the urgent announcements and news by admins better visible for all users.

We hope to get some extra moderators to do the daily stuff and then i will have more timeto focus more on the restructuring part, which also includes this forum. When this exactly will happen, i don't know yet (we'll try to have new moderators before the end of this year) and it's a big job to do, so there definitely will be a lot of changes coming on, but one step at the time....we want to do it properly and that takes some time.

if there is some pay involved... i'll moderate smiling
"If you can't do something smart, do something right"

Justin Credible - WF (USA) - STATUS: #9 - Olympian FC

Season 3 Stats: GP:5 (2) G:5 Assists:8 MoM:0 SR: 8.1 (twice robbed of a MoM and a goal)
Season 2 Stats: GP:8 (0) G:7 Assists:3 MoM:0 SR: 7.2

Signatures are evil... they should be deleted
AndreZ
#13 Posted : Saturday, January 30, 2010 1:29:44 PM

I don't know if this is possible, but can't you put that template on top of every post in this part of the forum? I've made an ugly paint picture to show you what I mean: Post Design

Hope you'll understand what I mean because I think it will make it easier for us managers if they use this template.
MY CHARACTERS:

André Christiansen, Side Midfielder, Kickers Katzenfurt

Jerry Blitzkreiger, Central Defender, Tidelagets IF

Roman Blitzkreiger, Assistant Manager, Inglorious Bastards

overthetop2
#14 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2010 6:31:49 AM

ATTN!

I see a lot of people attempting to link to their footballer but getting it WRONG!!!!
PlayerGeneral/U58 WILL NOT link to your footballer for anybody other than yourself, hence you may not know your link is bogus until somebody tells you.

It's a flash that makes it hard to link as the link at the top is missing an ID number to distinguish your page from somebody else's character.

So, once again, Follow these steps to avoid this mistake.

Examples of correct links to a league, player, and team are in my sig.
Chris Robertson, SD of Atletico Pathetico. League 1A AUS.
tosspot wrote:
It just seems like you are using this game to do whatever is best for you at any particular point in time.

Isn't that what everybodies trying to do toss Flapper?
SVGN, Manager of The Onetouchables, another team in League 1A AUS.
Jeffuss
#15 Posted : Saturday, May 01, 2010 2:05:39 PM

Name: jeffuss

Position: Middfielder

Time available: monday 4 o'clock till 7
tuesday 4 o'clock till 7
wednesday 4 till 24:00
thursday 16:00 till 19:00
friday 16;00 till 21:00 can chance sometimes
saturday from 12:00 till 24:00
sunday from 17:00 till 24:00

Extra: tijden kunnen veranderen vraag als je iets wilt weten zeg het maar
times can chance if you want to know anything about it you can ask
jeffuss

__________________________________________________________________________________
real-7-
#16 Posted : Monday, May 24, 2010 5:39:05 PM

SyN wrote:
I see a lot of people posting here with just a "hi i'm looking for a job i'll train and im ready to go" but in reality, that doesn't really tell us very much.

As a manager, I need to know some crucial things so I came up with a little format for you guys to follow:

First off - READ THIS POST about creating a link to your character profile. That's the #1 key.

Next up - a simple set of informations is needed for manager to make a decision on whether to offer you a contract or not. Here it goes:

Quote:
Name: http://footballidentity....neral/U59.aspx?id=29943

Position:CF

Times available: (in CET since it's universal) This is very important - US games are at 3 AM CET... so most euros are not going to be able to sign with a US team, however there are some that can, and some US players that can play euro times. This also should be for match nights (Wednesday and Sunday)

I will give an example

Quote:

This saves a lot of time and questions that a manager might have. It also gives the manager a quick and easy way to offer you a contract! I hope this helps and GL to all you new footballers!

StevieBoy
#17 Posted : Sunday, June 13, 2010 3:54:47 PM

SyN wrote:

Quote:
Name: (with a link to your profile)

Position:

I will give an example

Quote:

Great Idea Applause
manz
#18 Posted : Monday, June 14, 2010 6:16:48 AM

name : manz vikerz

position : ACM

online ever day
chelayzabala
#19 Posted : Monday, June 14, 2010 2:36:48 PM

Name: Juan Román Riquelme

Position: offensive center midfielder

Time available: 13 ARG (12 New York) - 18 ARG (17 New York) Wednesday and every time Sunday

Extra: dedicated midfielder looking team to play and train.
thesameAlex
#20 Posted : Saturday, July 03, 2010 12:11:06 PM

Name: Alexandru Avram

Position: Central Defender

Time available: anytime

Extra: dedicated and serious defender looking for a team