Welcome Guest Active Topics | Log In


6 Pages «<3456>
FID Wiki Options
Nuke
#81 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2013 5:21:33 PM





Rank: Expert
Joined: 10/7/2009
Posts: 1,678
Points: 7,483
C-King Impact wrote:
C-King Impact wrote:
With regrets, I will be shutting down the FiDwiki website, effective November 10th, 2013.

Activity on the site and the Wiki has diminished to the lowest levels ever, which was surprising since our activity contest last year was quite successful in getting quite a few new people editing and adding... for a short time anyways. Now, I can no longer absorb the costs and expenses for the private Domain and website hosting... budgets are tight everywhere, including my own, and I only ever got one small donation to help defray those costs over the last 3+ years, I just can't justify the out-of-pocket expenses for this particular hobby anymore!

So much of the basic stuff (League/Team Pages) is and will be out-of-date (especially with all the upcoming changes to Leagues next season), that it just doesn't seem worth it anymore as it will be too time-consuming and somewhat overwhelming for less than a handful of volunteer people to try to bring it all up-to-date and current - let alone (as mentioned above) the co$t of it.

I encourage anyone who wishes to retain any editing they have done to visit the site prior to the November 10th deadline and to copy any pages you wish to keep, and save that info into a file you will have access to after that date. It might be useful for any Team that has a website for their Club and might wish to add a wiki to their content... after all, this Wiki started out as a private wiki for a single Club back in 2009/2010 then eventually expanded into a dedicated website to include the entire FID-World...

Thanks to everyone who contributed to the Wiki over the past 3+ years... for a long while there was regular and consistent updating, it was fun when it was active, it's a shame it never really reached near it's full potential as a "fun" place to keep personalized pages for Team and Character "stories", but we tried!


Just a little more than 2-weeks before the website is shut down permanently.

Before the shut down, I will be making backups of the wiki-database and files... so, if anyone would ever be interested in reviving the project at a later date, I'll be glad to provide copies of the backups so there is something to work from (including all past entries and edits), rather than re-starting from scratch.


can't you transfer it to a free-domain website just to keep it up? It's time the admins use this as "official" wiki anyway, to help new users and store important parts of history.
C-King Impact
#82 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2013 5:30:49 PM



Contributor Medal: User recieved this medal for the huge amount of work put into enhancing the FID experience.Key User Group: User recieved this medal for taking part in the FID Key User Group (KUG)

Rank: Professional
Joined: 8/14/2009
Posts: 473
Points: 4,550
Location: Fulford
Nuke wrote:
C-King Impact wrote:
C-King Impact wrote:
With regrets, I will be shutting down the FiDwiki website, effective November 10th, 2013.

Activity on the site and the Wiki has diminished to the lowest levels ever, which was surprising since our activity contest last year was quite successful in getting quite a few new people editing and adding... for a short time anyways. Now, I can no longer absorb the costs and expenses for the private Domain and website hosting... budgets are tight everywhere, including my own, and I only ever got one small donation to help defray those costs over the last 3+ years, I just can't justify the out-of-pocket expenses for this particular hobby anymore!

So much of the basic stuff (League/Team Pages) is and will be out-of-date (especially with all the upcoming changes to Leagues next season), that it just doesn't seem worth it anymore as it will be too time-consuming and somewhat overwhelming for less than a handful of volunteer people to try to bring it all up-to-date and current - let alone (as mentioned above) the co$t of it.

I encourage anyone who wishes to retain any editing they have done to visit the site prior to the November 10th deadline and to copy any pages you wish to keep, and save that info into a file you will have access to after that date. It might be useful for any Team that has a website for their Club and might wish to add a wiki to their content... after all, this Wiki started out as a private wiki for a single Club back in 2009/2010 then eventually expanded into a dedicated website to include the entire FID-World...

Thanks to everyone who contributed to the Wiki over the past 3+ years... for a long while there was regular and consistent updating, it was fun when it was active, it's a shame it never really reached near it's full potential as a "fun" place to keep personalized pages for Team and Character "stories", but we tried!


Just a little more than 2-weeks before the website is shut down permanently.

Before the shut down, I will be making backups of the wiki-database and files... so, if anyone would ever be interested in reviving the project at a later date, I'll be glad to provide copies of the backups so there is something to work from (including all past entries and edits), rather than re-starting from scratch.


can't you transfer it to a free-domain website just to keep it up? It's time the admins use this as "official" wiki anyway, to help new users and store important parts of history.


I thought about it, I looked at options, but ultimately I just decided I don't want to have to keep doing the upgrades (to the wiki app) and maintenance... and most free sites have some kind of limit or other "hook" that needs attention to keep it online... simply, there was good help with some of these tasks for some periods, but I ended up doing most of the "upkeep", and I just don't want to do it anymore.

The database and files will be available to anyone who wants them... isn't that enough? smiling


ethernaldreams
#83 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2013 5:32:50 PM





Rank: Guru
Joined: 3/13/2010
Posts: 21,961
Points: 85,086
Location: Zaragoza
Nuke wrote:
C-King Impact wrote:
C-King Impact wrote:
With regrets, I will be shutting down the FiDwiki website, effective November 10th, 2013.

Activity on the site and the Wiki has diminished to the lowest levels ever, which was surprising since our activity contest last year was quite successful in getting quite a few new people editing and adding... for a short time anyways. Now, I can no longer absorb the costs and expenses for the private Domain and website hosting... budgets are tight everywhere, including my own, and I only ever got one small donation to help defray those costs over the last 3+ years, I just can't justify the out-of-pocket expenses for this particular hobby anymore!

So much of the basic stuff (League/Team Pages) is and will be out-of-date (especially with all the upcoming changes to Leagues next season), that it just doesn't seem worth it anymore as it will be too time-consuming and somewhat overwhelming for less than a handful of volunteer people to try to bring it all up-to-date and current - let alone (as mentioned above) the co$t of it.

I encourage anyone who wishes to retain any editing they have done to visit the site prior to the November 10th deadline and to copy any pages you wish to keep, and save that info into a file you will have access to after that date. It might be useful for any Team that has a website for their Club and might wish to add a wiki to their content... after all, this Wiki started out as a private wiki for a single Club back in 2009/2010 then eventually expanded into a dedicated website to include the entire FID-World...

Thanks to everyone who contributed to the Wiki over the past 3+ years... for a long while there was regular and consistent updating, it was fun when it was active, it's a shame it never really reached near it's full potential as a "fun" place to keep personalized pages for Team and Character "stories", but we tried!


Just a little more than 2-weeks before the website is shut down permanently.

Before the shut down, I will be making backups of the wiki-database and files... so, if anyone would ever be interested in reviving the project at a later date, I'll be glad to provide copies of the backups so there is something to work from (including all past entries and edits), rather than re-starting from scratch.


can't you transfer it to a free-domain website just to keep it up? It's time the admins use this as "official" wiki anyway, to help new users and store important parts of history.


Meh, how much space do you need C-King Impact? one of my friends works in a hosting company and probably he can offers me a free hosting, but i need to know how much space do u need for your wiki. Dont let die FIDwiki mate Wink
Retired

C-King Impact
#84 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2013 5:47:49 PM



Contributor Medal: User recieved this medal for the huge amount of work put into enhancing the FID experience.Key User Group: User recieved this medal for taking part in the FID Key User Group (KUG)

Rank: Professional
Joined: 8/14/2009
Posts: 473
Points: 4,550
Location: Fulford
ethernaldreams wrote:
Nuke wrote:
C-King Impact wrote:
C-King Impact wrote:
With regrets, I will be shutting down the FiDwiki website, effective November 10th, 2013.

Activity on the site and the Wiki has diminished to the lowest levels ever, which was surprising since our activity contest last year was quite successful in getting quite a few new people editing and adding... for a short time anyways. Now, I can no longer absorb the costs and expenses for the private Domain and website hosting... budgets are tight everywhere, including my own, and I only ever got one small donation to help defray those costs over the last 3+ years, I just can't justify the out-of-pocket expenses for this particular hobby anymore!

So much of the basic stuff (League/Team Pages) is and will be out-of-date (especially with all the upcoming changes to Leagues next season), that it just doesn't seem worth it anymore as it will be too time-consuming and somewhat overwhelming for less than a handful of volunteer people to try to bring it all up-to-date and current - let alone (as mentioned above) the co$t of it.

I encourage anyone who wishes to retain any editing they have done to visit the site prior to the November 10th deadline and to copy any pages you wish to keep, and save that info into a file you will have access to after that date. It might be useful for any Team that has a website for their Club and might wish to add a wiki to their content... after all, this Wiki started out as a private wiki for a single Club back in 2009/2010 then eventually expanded into a dedicated website to include the entire FID-World...

Thanks to everyone who contributed to the Wiki over the past 3+ years... for a long while there was regular and consistent updating, it was fun when it was active, it's a shame it never really reached near it's full potential as a "fun" place to keep personalized pages for Team and Character "stories", but we tried!


Just a little more than 2-weeks before the website is shut down permanently.

Before the shut down, I will be making backups of the wiki-database and files... so, if anyone would ever be interested in reviving the project at a later date, I'll be glad to provide copies of the backups so there is something to work from (including all past entries and edits), rather than re-starting from scratch.


can't you transfer it to a free-domain website just to keep it up? It's time the admins use this as "official" wiki anyway, to help new users and store important parts of history.


Meh, how much space do you need C-King Impact? one of my friends works in a hosting company and probably he can offers me a free hosting, but i need to know how much space do u need for your wiki. Dont let die FIDwiki mate Wink


I had an option with a friend of mine too, but ultimately it's the upkeep and trying to get help to keep it "fresh" that I want to put behind me...

... as for space needed for a move to a new Host, not much probably... I haven't looked at the EXACT number, but my backup files for the wiki and the Joomla frontend are about 400 MB... and even that contains some "fluff" that could be trimmed out of the file-structures to be made smaller.

Eliminate the "fluff" and the Joomla Frontend, and I'd estimate it to be a package of between 200-300 MB (mostly image files).

I can make auto-extracting backups (upload a file to a new host and a restore is a couple of clicks away) of the whole site and both databases (Joomla and Wiki)... and I could make another backup file that would just be the wiki-files and database. I'll also be making "manual" backups of the databases using SQL export, and a simple copy of the file structure... from there, anyone wanting to take it over would have limitless options on how to restore it.

I used a Joomla frontend as an added protection layer (there's a lot of scripts out there aimed at exploiting "simple" wiki sites, Joomla "hid" the wiki from those scripts). So, the thing to consider for anyone taking it over is that if they only want to publish the wiki, they will have to be on top of upgrading with EVERY new release of the wiki program, or risk being bombarded by scripts until they do.

Bottom line, I'll be glad to do a handover and help anyone to get things "working", but then it's "theirs" to manage. Wink


ethernaldreams
#85 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2013 5:52:07 PM





Rank: Guru
Joined: 3/13/2010
Posts: 21,961
Points: 85,086
Location: Zaragoza
Ok, let me see if i can help with a new host and at least we can let the wiki alive...
Retired

Nuke
#86 Posted : Friday, October 25, 2013 11:19:49 AM





Rank: Expert
Joined: 10/7/2009
Posts: 1,678
Points: 7,483
http://www.wikia.com/Wikia

ever thought of this? A few games I play use wikia, and as far as I'm concerned it's free to use. I just don't know whether your database can be imported there, but I think it should be possible.

The wiki is also an excellent tool to help new users getting into the game, better than the forum actually. I just don't get it why the FIDAdmins don't see these possibilities.
ethernaldreams
#87 Posted : Friday, October 25, 2013 4:21:39 PM





Rank: Guru
Joined: 3/13/2010
Posts: 21,961
Points: 85,086
Location: Zaragoza
Nuke wrote:
http://www.wikia.com/Wikia

ever thought of this? A few games I play use wikia, and as far as I'm concerned it's free to use. I just don't know whether your database can be imported there, but I think it should be possible.

The wiki is also an excellent tool to help new users getting into the game, better than the forum actually. I just don't get it why the FIDAdmins don't see these possibilities.


Ye, try with wikia... if we cant with wikia the next Monday i meet with my friend and seeing if can get a host.
Retired

C-King Impact
#88 Posted : Friday, October 25, 2013 5:12:43 PM



Contributor Medal: User recieved this medal for the huge amount of work put into enhancing the FID experience.Key User Group: User recieved this medal for taking part in the FID Key User Group (KUG)

Rank: Professional
Joined: 8/14/2009
Posts: 473
Points: 4,550
Location: Fulford
Nuke wrote:
http://www.wikia.com/Wikia

ever thought of this? A few games I play use wikia, and as far as I'm concerned it's free to use. I just don't know whether your database can be imported there, but I think it should be possible.

The wiki is also an excellent tool to help new users getting into the game, better than the forum actually. I just don't get it why the FIDAdmins don't see these possibilities.


I checked that out, briefly. I couldn't find anything in the FAQ about importing existing databases... and beyond the first click of any "Help" Categories takes you to end endless and unsorted list of Forum queries... even a search of "import" and/or "database" brings up a long list of results, but none that I quickly checked suggested anything about importing an existing database for the creation of a new wiki there... and I have no time to dig through all that or create an account just to get an answer to that question.

While reading through the terms of Service, there was something that concerns me about Media files... fidwiki has extensions to handle different media, and some videos have been uploaded... not sure what it all meant, but the way I read it, they have "ready to use" and "acceptable" media content that members can link to on their pages, but there was no suggestion or indication of being able to upload custom media content.

One of the reasons I eventually went with the decision to make fidwiki it's own site was because of limitations (disk-space, file-sizes/types, etc.) I had experienced on other "free" sites, starting from when this wiki was a private Team wiki on a free site back about 4-years ago. It was the freedom to do whatever I/we wanted to without restriction that motivated a move to a private site, so we could have complete control of what we could include for content... I suspect there might be great difficulty, or at the very least a lot of "cleanup" of the content to do if moved to a free service.

I agree that the Wiki has enormous potential for (especially) new Users.

The "How-To's" could be expanded greatly... we tried assembling some of the better Tutorials out there, but that content remained quite poor compared to what it could have been.

I have suggested that IFIDA could "take it over" and make it part of the overall FIDA tool-kit for presenting FID-tutorials (including custom videos, not just links to YouTube... part of that "complete control" thing I mentioned above), as well as a showcase for League/Player Histories, and a pretty good "value-added" experience for Users to create very unique custom pages for their own character stories... something to do when there isn't a match to play... I can't say there wasn't interest, but there have been no further discussions.... and to be fair, they have been busy since before the end of last season, so maybe the door is open... I think it would be a good match (short of FID fitting into the site itself, but that's never been approached or discussed).

OK, look... I understand the expressed desire to maintain the Wiki. Time is running short, so here's what I'll do to buy a bit more time to figure something out... and if nothing else, brainstorm how it can evolve into something better than it is right now...

... the only thing due to expire right now is the Domain Name - my Hosting Account is pre-paid for some time to come (I have other projects I'm working on that I'm still hosting).

I'll renew the Domain Name for another year.

So, that will give us a year to figure out what to do with it, but I don't want to see it take ALL year to make a transition.

Options to consider:

1) Transfer the Domain Name and site (database(s) and content) to a new Host

2) Move it to a "free" Host before the Domain expires next year

Things that MUST happen:

1) Recruit and maintain a decent number of active wiki-Admins

2) We did a major cleanup of Leagues and Teams last season, but not much got done after that... things have changed, so there's another cleanup to do.

3) Have a clear plan to update (keeping it "fresh" with new content being added regularly), especially the Tutorials section, including Translations (a Google Translate extension is installed on the wiki, but we all know how good that is... but at least there is that, for now)... also, figure out a plan to get more than a very small handful of people editing pages... for over a year now, even after the relatively successful "Editing Contest" we ran, there's currently only 3-4 people who update/edit regularly.

4) I can always "help" with technical stuff after a transition, but ultimately, I do not want to be the "owner" or "Head Admin" anymore... this implies a couple of things;

a) a decision will have to made whether or not to keep the Joomla Front-end as an added layer of security. It's out-of-date, and would need someone who really knows the current version of Joomla to be able to do a proper upgrade of all the components and extensions AND, continue to manage it.

b) the wiki in it's current format has quite a few custom extensions installed... whether it stays as a stand-alone wiki on it's own site, or moved somewhere else, someone is going to have to understand the implications of either maintaining the Extensions and Add-ons and the LocalSettings file, or if moved to a free site (which probably won't allow you to access a LocalSettings file), what will and will not work in their custom environment after a move.

Believe me, it was kind of heart-breaking to come to a decision to let it go... countless hours have been spent by many good people on this Project, which is my main motivation to "somehow" keep it available, so I will do what I can to extend the time needed to come up with a good plan for a proper handover and keep it alive "somewhere". But, for a variety of reasons, it's time for me to start taking a few steps away from the Project... so a handover is the only solution that works for me.

Contact me via PM if your interested in sorting out access rights to start working on the transition together.


Nuke
#89 Posted : Friday, October 25, 2013 5:53:35 PM





Rank: Expert
Joined: 10/7/2009
Posts: 1,678
Points: 7,483
C-King Impact wrote:
Nuke wrote:
http://www.wikia.com/Wikia

ever thought of this? A few games I play use wikia, and as far as I'm concerned it's free to use. I just don't know whether your database can be imported there, but I think it should be possible.

The wiki is also an excellent tool to help new users getting into the game, better than the forum actually. I just don't get it why the FIDAdmins don't see these possibilities.


If I were you I wouldn't renew, don't waste more money if you don't want to. It can easily be transferred to a free hosting site (there are hostingsites with over 1gb diskspace, just bandwidth limit) until there is a proper solution.

You know I made the first wiki-page for FID on a free hosting site, and I didn't like that you "took over" my idea back then Flapper (season 4/5 when I was in Andromeda). I got a little knowledge of how it works. Ultimately the admins/iFIDA should take this over, I'll spam them.
C-King Impact
#90 Posted : Friday, October 25, 2013 7:17:37 PM



Contributor Medal: User recieved this medal for the huge amount of work put into enhancing the FID experience.Key User Group: User recieved this medal for taking part in the FID Key User Group (KUG)

Rank: Professional
Joined: 8/14/2009
Posts: 473
Points: 4,550
Location: Fulford
Nuke wrote:
C-King Impact wrote:
Nuke wrote:
http://www.wikia.com/Wikia

ever thought of this? A few games I play use wikia, and as far as I'm concerned it's free to use. I just don't know whether your database can be imported there, but I think it should be possible.

The wiki is also an excellent tool to help new users getting into the game, better than the forum actually. I just don't get it why the FIDAdmins don't see these possibilities.


If I were you I wouldn't renew, don't waste more money if you don't want to. It can easily be transferred to a free hosting site (there are hostingsites with over 1gb diskspace, just bandwidth limit) until there is a proper solution.

You know I made the first wiki-page for FID on a free hosting site, and I didn't like that you "took over" my idea back then Flapper (season 4/5 when I was in Andromeda). I got a little knowledge of how it works. Ultimately the admins/iFIDA should take this over, I'll spam them.


Not to argue the point, and with all due respect... if I remember right, something went wrong on that free site, and for one, images were not displaying anymore for anyone, not even newly uploaded images (there was another problem too, something about it expiring because some terms-of-service stipulation not being honoured... a minimum amount of posting in the Host-site Forum wasn't being done by the "owners" or Admins of the Wiki, or it was some other background-activity-requirement for the Host Agreement to keep the wiki live and accessible, if I remember right again) - but what I do remember most, was people being upset that their work wasn't displaying right,, not getting fixed, and ultimately, *poof*, one day it wasn't even accessible anymore... and that was before anyone "took over", as you suggest.

At the time, a team I was with had a website with a private team Wiki, which we had linked to in your Wiki... when your Wiki wasn't getting fixed, and then stopped working entirely (was no longer accessible), people started adding to our Team Wiki... so, it wasn't so much anyone taking over an idea, as much as it was the idea being copied to a place that was still accessible, and wasn't having technical problems (and by that I mean that people were doing it of their own accord, nobody was actively pushing or forcing anyone to copy/edit there instead of "your" site). That Team website went inactive, and only then did I decide to "take over" anything from a Community and World-wide perspective. I moved the Wiki to another free site, but then there were "limitation" issues to the things we were trying to publish... only then did it evolve to it's own site to overcome those limitations.

The point is... I quite frankly don't care who wants to claim ownership of an idea, I certainly don't try to make that claim... I know it was "the 2nd one" (for FID that is... but Community and/or User-driven game-Wikis are certainly NOT a unique idea, as your pointing to the Wiki-site link proves, so if it wasn't you, then I'm sure someone else would have eventually started one for FID, it would have just been a matter of time), and I never tried to claim I was an innovator... I remember your reaction at the time VERY well, but the fact remained that your site was not working right and people starting migrating on their own... the bottom line is that what was started and added-to by the Community remained open and accessible, and I think that's more important than who started it.

My only interest now is to make what is out there (the work that has been contributed by Users) able to continue to be made available (and hopefully improved to meet it's full potential)... I just don't want to have to maintain it anymore... 3+ years of trying to get active Admins and trying to get people editing has been difficult, period. Never mind what I've paid to do that (if I worried about how much this game has cost me overall... I would have stopped the wiki a long time ago, and I wouldn't have so many characters). I feel I've done my part, and it's time for someone else to try and take it to places that I couldn't, that's all. If you want to take it over so you can re-claim the idea... then more power to you, but the motivation should be aimed more at preservation, and somehow renewing Community cooperation in the Project, that's what I think anyways. I always thought of it as "by the Community, for the Community"... who is running it or administering it should be secondary, at best.

I'd just suggest that in it's current state and from my own experience, moving it to a free-host could be troublesome, and has proven in the past to be "problematic" and "limiting" in the long run. But, that won't be my choice, I'm just handing off what there is - what happens to it after will be someone else's concern.

;)


Nuke
#91 Posted : Friday, October 25, 2013 11:07:48 PM





Rank: Expert
Joined: 10/7/2009
Posts: 1,678
Points: 7,483
I remember I made a mistake in my database without backing it up, ruining the whole site yes. After that people lost interest and moved to your wiki, as far as I'm concerned. Ever since I stopped looking at it and yes, it probably disappeared. Anyway, it's not regarding getting credits for it, was just to let you know that I got some knowledge of wiki-pages backends (although I did screw it up once Flapper). I'm more laid back nowadays, I found out the spirit of not giving a sh it, and it feels good and relaxing ;).

Anyway, to save that money, stalling the site on a free webhosting is no harm I think, as long as you don't go play around in the database. I did pm the admins about this to take it over, and seen that at least FIDAdmin read it (sent it to FIDAdmin and FIDAdmin1), let's hope they are interested enough to at least reply to the matter.

Ultimately it's your decision what's best to be done, I'm just hoping the admins will reply to this topic.
Mini Miudo
#92 Posted : Friday, October 25, 2013 11:51:42 PM





Rank: Senior Master
Joined: 1/30/2010
Posts: 9,814
Points: 34,202
Location: Porto
is it not possible for the admins to create it under a footballidentity domain? Like activitychallenge.footballidentity.com etc., we could have FIDWiki.footballidentity.com, and actually could have some info for noobs, telling them what to do first etc. Then if there was a link included in the main site (on the menu or something) as well it would make people more aware and probably more interested in creating their pages. Just a thought, not sure if this is possible for the admins. I've never really gotten into this myself, but the thought behind it is fantastic and would be a shame to let it go to waste.
Silent Assassins FC
1x England Champions (S30)
10. Mini Cristiano Ronaldo - CF // 7. Mini Ricardo Quaresma - SM // 21. Mini Mauro Zárate - CF


Northern Assassins FC
7x Italy/Ireland Champions (S21, S23, S25, S26, S27, S28, S31), 1x UFCL Winners (S23)
1. Mini Rui Patrício - GK // 7. Mini Dries Mertens - SM // 24. Mini Alessandro Florenzi - SD



Titles: 7x Italy/Ireland Champion, 5x Sweden/Serbia Champion, 4x England Champion, 3x WC Winner, 2x France Champion, 2x UFCL Winner
World Awards: 4x Forward of the Year, 4x Golden Assist, 3x Golden Boot, 3x Golden Technique, 2x Golden Pass, 1x Midfielder of the Year, 1x Defender of the Year, 1x Keeper of the Year



Nuke
#93 Posted : Saturday, October 26, 2013 11:07:19 PM





Rank: Expert
Joined: 10/7/2009
Posts: 1,678
Points: 7,483
Mini Miudo wrote:
is it not possible for the admins to create it under a footballidentity domain? Like activitychallenge.footballidentity.com etc., we could have FIDWiki.footballidentity.com, and actually could have some info for noobs, telling them what to do first etc. Then if there was a link included in the main site (on the menu or something) as well it would make people more aware and probably more interested in creating their pages. Just a thought, not sure if this is possible for the admins. I've never really gotten into this myself, but the thought behind it is fantastic and would be a shame to let it go to waste.


Thats what I asked them, but I'm not getting a response, despite that it has been read.
ethernaldreams
#94 Posted : Sunday, October 27, 2013 5:42:08 PM





Rank: Guru
Joined: 3/13/2010
Posts: 21,961
Points: 85,086
Location: Zaragoza
Nuke wrote:
Mini Miudo wrote:
is it not possible for the admins to create it under a footballidentity domain? Like activitychallenge.footballidentity.com etc., we could have FIDWiki.footballidentity.com, and actually could have some info for noobs, telling them what to do first etc. Then if there was a link included in the main site (on the menu or something) as well it would make people more aware and probably more interested in creating their pages. Just a thought, not sure if this is possible for the admins. I've never really gotten into this myself, but the thought behind it is fantastic and would be a shame to let it go to waste.


Thats what I asked them, but I'm not getting a response, despite that it has been read.


Meh, give them a bit of time... we have still a bit of time. Tomorrow i will know if i have the host or not, praying for yes smiling
Retired

Nuke
#95 Posted : Tuesday, October 29, 2013 2:26:56 PM





Rank: Expert
Joined: 10/7/2009
Posts: 1,678
Points: 7,483
ethernaldreams wrote:
Nuke wrote:
Mini Miudo wrote:
is it not possible for the admins to create it under a footballidentity domain? Like activitychallenge.footballidentity.com etc., we could have FIDWiki.footballidentity.com, and actually could have some info for noobs, telling them what to do first etc. Then if there was a link included in the main site (on the menu or something) as well it would make people more aware and probably more interested in creating their pages. Just a thought, not sure if this is possible for the admins. I've never really gotten into this myself, but the thought behind it is fantastic and would be a shame to let it go to waste.


Thats what I asked them, but I'm not getting a response, despite that it has been read.


Meh, give them a bit of time... we have still a bit of time. Tomorrow i will know if i have the host or not, praying for yes smiling


They have poopiesloads of time, as this is the only thing they do, unless they need a 2nd job beside this ;)
C-King Impact
#96 Posted : Tuesday, October 29, 2013 4:55:30 PM



Contributor Medal: User recieved this medal for the huge amount of work put into enhancing the FID experience.Key User Group: User recieved this medal for taking part in the FID Key User Group (KUG)

Rank: Professional
Joined: 8/14/2009
Posts: 473
Points: 4,550
Location: Fulford
OK, time for an update... first of all,

The entire website is currently down for extensive maintenance.

Some crucial background work has begun, which is what requires the full shut-down of the website. In the end, there will be a complete overhaul of the Website and the Wiki... it's all part of that "cleaning up" and getting all the apps, extensions and plug-ins updated to current versions, and/or removed (if current versions are incompatible with either the Joomla (CMS) front-end or the Wiki-app), which I wrote about a bit in previous posts.

Don't worry, don't panic... but it will be down for some time.

I won't be updating the info in the Wiki (League structures. open/closed Leagues. etc.), just the Wiki-app itself. Hopefully, once re-opened, we'll start getting more people on board for editing and updating... as well as figuring out who will take-over, and where/when it moves to a new Host.

I hope I can get to it towards the end of this week... the primary concern here is to get the CMS and the Wiki-app up-to-date, and get the files structures "cleaned up", remove all the "fluff" and get the backups as small as possible for FTP-ing to a new Host - wherever that will be.

It's impossible for me to say when I will complete the work, my personal schedule is pretty hectic these days, but I will endeavor to get the work completed within the next 2-weeks. I'll post here when it's done, and the site and wiki are re-opened... then we'll take it from there.


FIDAdmin
#97 Posted : Friday, November 01, 2013 11:53:52 AM



Head Staff Medal: Medal rewarded for being part of the Head Staff at Footballidentity

Rank: Administration
Joined: 3/10/2009
Posts: 5,070
Points: 14,885
We will discuss this within the admin team and see if we can find a solution for this.
FAQ: http://footballidentity.com/Help/Content/

Read our FAQ to find out more about:
- Getting Started
- My User
- Life of a Footballer
- Playing the Matches
- Life of a Manager
- Teams and Competitions
- Life of a Journalist
- Newspapers and Articles
- Communicating within Footballidentity
- General Navigation
- Having more than one Character


Match Engine Tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEj0mQV2e-M

Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Footballidentitycom/177223154315?ref=nf
statik
#98 Posted : Friday, November 01, 2013 3:40:40 PM


Key User Group: User recieved this medal for taking part in the FID Key User Group (KUG)

Rank: Professional
Joined: 7/30/2009
Posts: 1,397
Points: 5,437
Location: Skövde
include s1-3 in that solution pls! smiling
ethernaldreams
#99 Posted : Friday, November 01, 2013 3:56:59 PM





Rank: Guru
Joined: 3/13/2010
Posts: 21,961
Points: 85,086
Location: Zaragoza
FIDAdmin wrote:
We will discuss this within the admin team and see if we can find a solution for this.


If you dont find a solution... i have a host, so say to us smiling
Cant help updating & editing, but i can give the host if needs.
Retired

NightDevil
#100 Posted : Sunday, January 12, 2014 7:01:41 PM



Translator: User has received this medal because of helping out in improving Footballidentity by translating it.

Rank: Professional
Joined: 3/26/2010
Posts: 436
Points: 3,973
Location: Grugliasco (Turin - TO)
Hi guys... there's any news about this topic?
"I complimenti fatti con i MA e con i PERO' non sono complimenti"
Users browsing this topic
guest
6 Pages «<3456>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Official FID Theme by FIDAdmin1 (the one and only)
Powered by YAF 1.9.3 | YAF © 2003-2009, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.429 seconds.

© 2010 CommuniSport AB - User Agreement and Policy

Advertise on Footballidentity