Welcome Guest Active Topics | Log In

6 Pages «<23456>
FID Wiki Options
C-King Impact
#61 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2011 1:30:49 PM

Contributor Medal: User recieved this medal for the huge amount of work put into enhancing the FID experience.Key User Group: User recieved this medal for taking part in the FID Key User Group (KUG)

Zoddao wrote:
There is a problem now.
If i see a very old player (for example: http://footballidentity....General/U59.aspx?id=827) i don't see all him statistics, because statistics start from season 4.

I cannot write correct statistics in a page than this: http://footballidentity....i/Footballidentity_Wiki

Well unfortunately, this is something that is completely out of our control at the FiDwiki website - this is something you would have to address with FIDAdmin - we have no influence over their decision to append Player Histories on the FID-website... on the other hand, this example shows why it could be a good reason to keep an up-to-date record on FiDwiki - if you want to have a complete and accurate historical record of Players, Teams, etc...

Wink

C-King Impact
#62 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2011 1:45:29 PM

Contributor Medal: User recieved this medal for the huge amount of work put into enhancing the FID experience.Key User Group: User recieved this medal for taking part in the FID Key User Group (KUG)

C-King Impact wrote:
Important Notice for All Active FiDwiki Members!

During this upcoming weekend, and possibly extending into early next week - we are moving the FiDwiki website to a new Host.

This is a somewhat complicated process (in the background), so it may require an extended period of trouble-shooting, and for that reason we can not give a specific time-frame for this task to be completed.

We had hoped to provide more warning for when this task would occur, however a technical urgency to get the wiki-software upgraded (we're being spammed again) has created a situation where we decided that since we MUST perform this upgrade as soon as possible, we might as well expedite the move of the website and perform the upgrade at the same time. Moving the website to the new Host will make future upgrades of the wiki-software much easier, and requiring little to no "down time".

We will disable the ability to edit the Wiki from the moment we begin the migration. If you access the Wiki while we are moving the website, if you try to edit a page, a warning message will appear at the top of the page indicating that any changes will not be saved.

I will post a message here when I begin the move, and I will post another message when the move is complete, and editing is re-enabled.

The really good news about this temporary shut-down is that once the move is complete, it will give us greater flexibility to manage the website and updates to any of the software, scripts and components, plugins and modules. There is a long list of new features we have been holding back from adding to the website until this move was complete - so look for a few more fun things to do on the website soon!

Due to unforeseen circumstances (a personal family crisis), I was unable to complete this work on this past weekend as originally planned.

The move of the website will still happen, it's just a matter of time. It is still very important to complete this task as soon as possible as there is still some (so far) insignificant activity to attempt to post SPAM pages on the website through scripted "attacks" - but our administrators are working together collectively to make sure the website is watched closely, and that these Pages are removed very soon after they do get posted in the Wiki - just note that if you come across any Pages in the Wiki that have nothing to do with FID - eg. Pages appearing to be Advertisements for Jobs, Dating-websites, Automobiles-for-sale, etc. - do not click on any external links on those pages. You may choose to notify a wiki-administrator, however I can assure you the page would be removed very quickly, whether or not we receive notification from any of our Members.

... and, just for fun, you may want to create an account on the Portal Section of the website to try out the latest upgrade of the Texas Hold'em Poker game that is available to play to all registered members. Chris has also been gracious enough to open a channel on the FID-Ireland TeamSpeak server just for Poker Chat! Now, there is always a Table open to play, as there is a robot-player sitting at each table just waiting to take all your chips!

C-King Impact
#63 Posted : Monday, July 11, 2011 10:18:39 PM

We've added a Module that shows the status of the FID-Ireland TeamSpeak-3 Server to the Front Page of the FiDwiki Community Portal... if you have the proper add-on software installed, you can also log into the FID-Ireland TS Server through your Internet browser via this component!

Dance

Since the FID-Ireland TS Server is also the first official Sponsor of http://footballidentity....i/Footballidentity_Wiki (BIG Thanks for the Donation Chris!! Biggrin ), you'll also find their Banner on some of the Tables in the FiDwiki Community Portal Texas Hold'em Poker game!

Woot

C-King Impact
#64 Posted : Tuesday, July 19, 2011 2:28:00 PM

We will be shutting down the FiDwiki Website today at approximately 16:00 UTC.

Sorry for the short notice, but a sudden and dramatic escalation in the spam-attacks (trying to post pages with links to malicious websites) necessitates immediate action on our part in order to do our best to protect our members in case anyone comes across one of these pages before we find and delete them - mind you, you should always be careful when clicking on ANY external links - whether it's our website or any other!

During this time, we will be taking the opportunity to complete other planned work, including moving the website to a new Host, which as previously stated can be a somewhat complicated process, adding to the complexity in that we will also be applying some updates and upgrades to a number of components, modules, plug-ins and other scripts - including the Wiki-software - and we will also be trying to install a bridge between the two Member/User databases (Community Portal and the Wiki), so that there will be a single-sign-on to what are (essentially) two different websites.

If all goes well, we may even be changing the Template used for the Community Portal so that this section of the website can be FireFox-friendly too.

If you try to access the website during this time, you will be re-directed to an "under maintenance" page on a partner-website (in other words, a different internet address away from the fidwiki domain). We are doing this to insure that ALL traffic to the website, including direct-traffic from browser bookmarks, will go to the maintenance page, and that no pages are served from our server cache, and this way, we can be sure that no one will be disappointed by making edits to the Wiki that won't be saved.

Due to the nature and extent of the work to be performed, it is impossible to give an estimate of how long the maintenance period will last, nor can we guarantee that we will be able to complete all of the updates and upgrades as planned - we are pretty certain that even after we re-enable the website, there will still be work to be completed in the background, and maybe the foreground too if we are unable to implement the new template due to unforeseen difficulties.

I will post updates here as work progresses.

C-King Impact
#65 Posted : Tuesday, July 19, 2011 6:12:36 PM

The process of moving and updating the website fidwiki.info is underway.

While the site currently remains accessible and the Wiki can be updated, it is ONLY because there is a process occurring that requires the site to be active.

DO NOT DO ANY EDITING THE WIKI UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE!!

The website will be taken offline shortly, please be patient! Wink

C-King Impact
#66 Posted : Wednesday, July 20, 2011 2:18:16 AM

C-King Impact wrote:

While the site currently remains accessible and the Wiki can be updated, it is ONLY because there is a process occurring that requires the site to be active.

The move and upgrades are still ongoing!

This is going to be taking a lot longer than I anticipated... in fact, it could be a couple of days before everything is back to an operational status (that I am happy with).

I know, I know... if you have a bookmarked page in the Wiki-Section of the website and you try to access it, you get an error page displayed... however if you input the website Homepage address , you will see the maintenance and upgrade image. Check this homepage if you are interested in knowing if the site is anywhere close to being fully operational again.

Do not worry about your work or data... the original website remains intact, and will remain so up until the point that I am satisfied that I can apply to have the DNS-settings changed to point to the new Host. In a worst-case scenario, I will re-activate the site on the Host where it was before I started the move/upgrades (upgrading at least the wiki-software so that we can stop the effects of the current spam-attack that prompted the expedited move of the website) and I'll make a new plan to move it another day.

C-King Impact
#67 Posted : Wednesday, July 20, 2011 4:33:30 PM

C-King Impact wrote:
C-King Impact wrote:

This is going to be taking a lot longer than I anticipated... in fact, it could be a couple of days before everything is back to an operational status (that I am happy with).

I know, I know... if you have a bookmarked page in the Wiki-Section of the website and you try to access it, you get an error page displayed... however if you input the website Homepage address, you will see the maintenance and upgrade image. Check this homepage if you are interested in knowing if the site is anywhere close to being fully operational again.

Do not worry about your work or data... the original website remains intact, and will remain so up until the point that I am satisfied that I can apply to have the DNS-settings changed to point to the new Host. In a worst-case scenario, I will re-activate the site on the Host where it was before I started the move/upgrades (upgrading at least the wiki-software so that we can stop the effects of the current spam-attack that prompted the expedited move of the website) and I'll make a new plan to move it another day.

The major part of the move of the website is completed.

Maintenance and upgrade work continues...

... however I must now turn to my responsibilities to my FID Teams! I have 6-matches to play today.

If I had to give a guesstimate, I would say that I would expect to complete the upgrades and maintenance sometime tomorrow, however the work could extend into Friday - at worst, it will be the weekend when things return to "normal" and I will re-open the Wiki-section for editing.

C-King Impact
#68 Posted : Thursday, July 21, 2011 7:33:19 PM

C-King Impact wrote:
C-King Impact wrote:
C-King Impact wrote:

I know, I know... if you have a bookmarked page in the Wiki-Section of the website and you try to access it, you get an error page displayed... however if you input the website Homepage address, you will see the maintenance and upgrade image. Check this homepage if you are interested in knowing if the site is anywhere close to being fully operational again.

The major part of the move of the website is completed.

Maintenance and upgrade work continues...

... however I must now turn to my responsibilities to my FID Teams! I have 6-matches to play today.

If I had to give a guesstimate, I would say that I would expect to complete the upgrades and maintenance sometime tomorrow, however the work could extend into Friday - at worst, it will be the weekend when things return to "normal" and I will re-open the Wiki-section for editing.

It might be later today... more likely tomorrow that I will "re-open" the FiDwiki website.

I've completed moving and updating the Wiki-Section of the website.

Now I have the task of getting the Bridge between the Wiki-Member Database and the Community Portal Member Database working, so we can (hopefully) have a single login for both sections.

I also have the tidying up of the Menus and "stuff" to do, and to test a couple of new Templates for the Community Portal (so we can have a Firefox Friendly template), and then all should be good!

Either way, it won't be too much longer!

C-King Impact
#69 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2011 9:33:26 PM

http://footballidentity....i/Footballidentity_Wiki is LIVE again!

You can return to editing/updating your Wiki-pages now!

I have completed the vast majority of all upgrades, and although there is still a little bit of clean-up to do here and there, it's nothing that will affect using the website "normally".

I still have a little problem to work out with the author of the Bridge to be able to login to both the Wiki- and the Community-Portal-Section with a single sign-on... so that still remains to be a "faite accompli", however I'm hoping it will not take long for the solution! Still, if you create accounts in both Sections using the same username/password combination, then once the Bridge is functioning, there shouldn't be any problems.

Besides that... there's a new look-and-feel for both the Wiki and the Community Portal - I hope you all enjoy!

bluelightning
#70 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2011 10:05:58 PM

C-King Impact wrote:
http://footballidentity.wikia.com/wiki/Footballidentity_Wiki is LIVE again!

You can return to editing/updating your Wiki-pages now!

I have completed the vast majority of all upgrades, and although there is still a little bit of clean-up to do here and there, it's nothing that will affect using the website "normally".

I still have a little problem to work out with the author of the Bridge to be able to login to both the Wiki- and the Community-Portal-Section with a single sign-on... so that still remains to be a "faite accompli", however I'm hoping it will not take long for the solution! Still, if you create accounts in both Sections using the same username/password combination, then once the Bridge is functioning, there shouldn't be any problems.

Besides that... there's a new look-and-feel for both the Wiki and the Community Portal - I hope you all enjoy!

Woohoo, got something to do now besides bot bashing!Dance
C-King Impact
#71 Posted : Wednesday, August 24, 2011 5:49:50 PM

Be advised that as of (some point in the day) on Wednesday September 7, 2011 we will be implementing and enabling a "bridge" extension that will allow us to synchronize the Member- and User- IDs between the Community Portal and the Wiki Databases.

What does this mean?

Simply put, it means one Login for both Sections of the website. To access either the FiDwiki Community Portal or the Wiki, you will now have to Login to the website from the Community Portal Homepage

For more details, please see this post in the Wiki Current Events Section by clicking here.

C-King Impact
#72 Posted : Thursday, September 08, 2011 2:03:27 PM

As stated in the above posting, the Member databases for the FiDwiki Community Portal and the Wiki itself have now been merged.

All Logins to the FiDwiki website, including the Wiki-Section are now done via the Community Portal Homepage.

bluelightning
#73 Posted : Sunday, September 25, 2011 6:28:00 PM

Hi guys,

Thought i'd drop this here in case you all start panicking and wonder why they aint there anymore. I have spent most of today updating the .gif versions of the flags on the Wiki and deleted some duplicates. Now i have only done this on the .gifs(.jpg and .png's are still the same). So you may notice that your flag may show up as text. All you would have to do to sort it is to retype in the spelling in capitals(for example the Swedish flag used to appear as Swe.gif, now have it as SWE.gif).

I know its a little bit of an inconvenience and i didnt figure out an easier work around until i got to the American flag(sorry) but i thought id just let you know.
Benfikix
#74 Posted : Friday, September 30, 2011 4:39:21 PM

hi, i need help, please on my Wiki Page.

When i go to edit the page of my team on rich editor it shows the next error
"Fatal error: Call to a member function getName() on a non-object in /hermes/bosweb/web152/b1523/nf.fidwiki/public_html/fidwiki.info/fidwiki/extensions/FCKeditor/FCKeditorSkin.body.php on line 123"

This shows when i try to edit the whole page and when i go and edit each section it only shows the error on Current Squad and Previous Players.

What should i do to edit the page the squad and the previous players, please.

Thank you very much
see here my VideoCast about FootballIdentity (doing it since season 13)

follow me on Twitter to know when there is new Episodes

C-King Impact
#75 Posted : Sunday, October 16, 2011 11:56:53 PM

Benfikix wrote:
hi, i need help, please on my Wiki Page.

When i go to edit the page of my team on rich editor it shows the next error
"Fatal error: Call to a member function getName() on a non-object in /hermes/bosweb/web152/b1523/nf.fidwiki/public_html/fidwiki/fidwiki/extensions/FCKeditor/FCKeditorSkin.body.php on line 123"

This shows when i try to edit the whole page and when i go and edit each section it only shows the error on Current Squad and Previous Players.

What should i do to edit the page the squad and the previous players, please.

Thank you very much

This issue was solved shortly after this FiDwiki Member emailed our help/support email address.

I highly recommend and encourage people to email one of the administrators listed on the Webpage if you need some help - we check there more often than this Forum Thread, and you'll likely have a quicker reply!

Wink

Barzini
#76 Posted : Friday, July 06, 2012 5:33:22 PM

Latest news from fidwiki

Here
C-King Impact
#77 Posted : Tuesday, September 24, 2013 10:15:56 PM

With regrets, I will be shutting down the FiDwiki website, effective November 10th, 2013.

Activity on the site and the Wiki has diminished to the lowest levels ever, which was surprising since our activity contest last year was quite successful in getting quite a few new people editing and adding... for a short time anyways. Now, I can no longer absorb the costs and expenses for the private Domain and website hosting... budgets are tight everywhere, including my own, and I only ever got one small donation to help defray those costs over the last 3+ years, I just can't justify the out-of-pocket expenses for this particular hobby anymore!

So much of the basic stuff (League/Team Pages) is and will be out-of-date (especially with all the upcoming changes to Leagues next season), that it just doesn't seem worth it anymore as it will be too time-consuming and somewhat overwhelming for less than a handful of volunteer people to try to bring it all up-to-date and current - let alone (as mentioned above) the co$t of it.

I encourage anyone who wishes to retain any editing they have done to visit the site prior to the November 10th deadline and to copy any pages you wish to keep, and save that info into a file you will have access to after that date. It might be useful for any Team that has a website for their Club and might wish to add a wiki to their content... after all, this Wiki started out as a private wiki for a single Club back in 2009/2010 then eventually expanded into a dedicated website to include the entire FID-World...

Thanks to everyone who contributed to the Wiki over the past 3+ years... for a long while there was regular and consistent updating, it was fun when it was active, it's a shame it never really reached near it's full potential as a "fun" place to keep personalized pages for Team and Character "stories", but we tried!

joe shank
#78 Posted : Tuesday, September 24, 2013 10:18:11 PM

C-King Impact wrote:
... who will be the 100th Footballer to "officially" create (and categorize) their Page in this Wiki?

Shifty
there should be a part on the greatest player of all time really

THE KING!

Most famous FID user!

The king is dead, long live the king!

C-King Impact
#79 Posted : Tuesday, September 24, 2013 10:27:57 PM

joe shank wrote:
C-King Impact wrote:
... who will be the 100th Footballer to "officially" create (and categorize) their Page in this Wiki?

Shifty
there should be a part on the greatest player of all time really

Thinking

Great idea shanksie... I think you'd be the perfect person to do a VERY LONG page dedicated to just this subject! Thanks for volunteering!

Dance

I think 50,000 words MINIMUM ought to do the subject justice, and I know you can do it (whether or not anyone will understand the diatribe is irrelevant...), it MUST be done!

Better hop onto the job buddy... you only have 46 days to get it done before it'll disappear into the ether-web of expired websites!

Whistle

C-King Impact
#80 Posted : Wednesday, October 23, 2013 4:55:07 PM

C-King Impact wrote:
With regrets, I will be shutting down the FiDwiki website, effective November 10th, 2013.

Activity on the site and the Wiki has diminished to the lowest levels ever, which was surprising since our activity contest last year was quite successful in getting quite a few new people editing and adding... for a short time anyways. Now, I can no longer absorb the costs and expenses for the private Domain and website hosting... budgets are tight everywhere, including my own, and I only ever got one small donation to help defray those costs over the last 3+ years, I just can't justify the out-of-pocket expenses for this particular hobby anymore!

So much of the basic stuff (League/Team Pages) is and will be out-of-date (especially with all the upcoming changes to Leagues next season), that it just doesn't seem worth it anymore as it will be too time-consuming and somewhat overwhelming for less than a handful of volunteer people to try to bring it all up-to-date and current - let alone (as mentioned above) the co$t of it.

I encourage anyone who wishes to retain any editing they have done to visit the site prior to the November 10th deadline and to copy any pages you wish to keep, and save that info into a file you will have access to after that date. It might be useful for any Team that has a website for their Club and might wish to add a wiki to their content... after all, this Wiki started out as a private wiki for a single Club back in 2009/2010 then eventually expanded into a dedicated website to include the entire FID-World...

Thanks to everyone who contributed to the Wiki over the past 3+ years... for a long while there was regular and consistent updating, it was fun when it was active, it's a shame it never really reached near it's full potential as a "fun" place to keep personalized pages for Team and Character "stories", but we tried!

Just a little more than 2-weeks before the website is shut down permanently.

Before the shut down, I will be making backups of the wiki-database and files... so, if anyone would ever be interested in reviving the project at a later date, I'll be glad to provide copies of the backups so there is something to work from (including all past entries and edits), rather than re-starting from scratch.