Welcome Guest Active Topics | Log In

6 Pages 123>»
FID Wiki Options
C-King Impact
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 22, 2010 12:17:33 PM

Contributor Medal: User recieved this medal for the huge amount of work put into enhancing the FID experience.Key User Group: User recieved this medal for taking part in the FID Key User Group (KUG)

Windy City United Players and Management, and the WCU-Net "Staff" are very pleased to annouce the return of an FiD-Wiki! Click the following link to open the Main Page for:

This is a "clean slate" Wiki Project, just waiting for the FiD World to make it everything it can be! The only thing we have defined to start everyone off are the FiD-World Regions, and the lists of the currently active Leagues in each Country within those Regions. As FIDwiki grows, we will create and/or maintain Categories and Templates as one of the small measures to make this Project more appealing and more functional.

To edit FIDwiki, we require that you create an account before you can make any edits or additions to the Project. Anonymous editing of this Wiki has been disabled.

We are accepting requests from anyone to join the FIDwiki Development and Maintenance Teams, if you have any previous experience, please do not hesitate to send an email to our FIDwiki Project Management Team at administrator@fidwiki.info

Sponsor  

NoMercy285
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 22, 2010 12:57:30 PM

A shame for everybody who put effort into the first wiki that it went offline, but nice to see you guys are trying to create one again!
Daniel Masson - SM # - NED1A Team Se7en
World Awards: S9, S8, S7, S6 Golden Assist - S5 Golden Pass - S6, S9, S10 NED1A Champions - S7, S8, S11 Runners-Up
Mr. Masson - Assistant Manager - NED1A Team Se7en

C-King Impact
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 22, 2010 1:15:41 PM

Contributor Medal: User recieved this medal for the huge amount of work put into enhancing the FID experience.Key User Group: User recieved this medal for taking part in the FID Key User Group (KUG)

NoMercy285 wrote:
A shame for everybody who put effort into the first wiki that it went offline, but nice to see you guys are trying to create one again!

Theoretically...

if anyone has a backup of the old Fidipedia Database, it might be possible to import the parts that aren't corrupted. We'd test backups on our Test Server environment before restoring anything of course... but this in and of itself could turn into a Monster Task if everyone would want us to attempt restoring "their part" (if a viable backup that is not completely corrupted even exists, of course). Despite everyones already "lost" efforts, it might be good just having the clean slate, no?
Wink

levski
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 22, 2010 1:36:32 PM

Why not FIDipedia as opposed to FIDtionary? We're not defining things.
LazyDays
#5 Posted : Wednesday, June 23, 2010 12:18:41 AM

Mainly because we want others to understand that this and Fidipedia are completely different projects and want to show minimal connection to it. [Right..?]

~Some Dude, WCU
Brugselaar
#6 Posted : Saturday, June 26, 2010 9:41:26 AM

I'm not going to participate in this one. Did my very best on the other one for my team, the Belgian league etc. they even don't answer. It sickens me...
I used to be all of this, then I took an arrow in the knee.
Moderator of Belgium, the Netherlands & Dutch language | Admin of #FIDBEL on IRC
Verstuur me een PB of zend me een email als je ooit een probleempje hebt.
Send me a PM or drop me an email if you ever have a problem.

Diable Rouge
#7 Posted : Saturday, June 26, 2010 9:48:06 AM

Brugselaar wrote:
I'm not going to participate in this one. Did my very best on the other one for my team, the Belgian league etc. they even don't answer. It sickens me...

Same here for the fidipedia page. Not much of a reply I got. Sad
So I will pass for this one too.
Cândeleşti Córdoba - CM - Red Star Mayhem - 1A SER
Saúl Ñíguez - CM - Assassins FC - 1A ENG

† Juventus Gent
† Guinness Football
† Top Notch FC
N.O.T.C.H. - CF
Hannibal Lecter - CD
Călineşti Córdoba - DCM
C-King Impact
#8 Posted : Saturday, June 26, 2010 3:42:06 PM

Diable Rouge wrote:
Brugselaar wrote:

Same here for the fidipedia page. Not much of a reply I got. Sad
So I will pass for this one too.

That's too bad that you both had troubling experiences with the old Wiki, and mostly due to a lack of participation from other Teams and Players in your respective Leagues.

Hopefully with time, as this new Wiki grows, you'll be tempted to be creative one more time, and you'll start contributing to this Project (even if it's only maintaining the individual Pages for your own Player Characters - you don't need to try to make it good for your Team or your League, but you can make a darn nice page for yourselves!).
Wink

However, it WILL be there for a long time to come, so who knows, maybe it will get even better this time around, and perhaps you'll change your minds!

Vinity
#9 Posted : Sunday, July 25, 2010 11:17:28 PM

FID Ambassador Medal: Head Ambassador of the FID Ambassador ProgramKey User Group: User recieved this medal for taking part in the FID Key User Group (KUG)

NoMercy285 wrote:

that was NukeWink
you can find one of his character in Gazellerna (Kevin Buis)

Quotes.
Nuke
#10 Posted : Monday, July 26, 2010 2:32:14 PM

LazyDays wrote:
Mainly because we want others to understand that this and Fidipedia are completely different projects and want to show minimal connection to it. [Right..?]

~Some Dude, WCU

That's ridiculous, the idea is the same (stolen even).. I've been accused of not putting effort into it. I dropped my idea after the database crashed, where the whole site got f**ked up.. have been busy for 2 months to repair it.

Right at that moment someone comes up with "oh.. lets create fidtionary". He never contacted me about it, I had some database backups which he could implement on his wiki, so he could start with a nice full database.. but I could only be blamed for "not putting effort in it".
C-King Impact
#11 Posted : Tuesday, November 16, 2010 2:26:23 PM

The wiki that is currently named FIDtionary will be re-named and is going to be moved to it's own private Website Domain.

I have set the target date to complete the re-branding of FIDtionary to FIDwiki, and to move it to it's own Domain at:

http://footballidentity.wikia.com/wiki/Footballidentity_Wiki

Date: Tuesday November 23, 2010

At approximately 8:00 AM Eastern Daylight Savings Time in North America, I will disable the FIDtionary Wiki on the Windy City United Website, and then begin the migration process.

Preliminary testing indicates that this data transfer process alone can take up to one (1) hour, then there will be an undetermined period of time needed for testing the database, links and image indexes, and troubleshooting any issues that manifest.

If all goes well, I hope to officially open the new Domain at 12:00 Noon (EDST - NA)

In the event of a catastrophic failure, I will revert back to the original FIDtionary database on the Windy City United Website, and then set a new migration date after I figure out what went wrong.

C-King Impact
#12 Posted : Tuesday, November 23, 2010 1:50:48 PM

C-King Impact wrote:
The wiki that is currently named FIDtionary will be re-named and is going to be moved to it's own private Website Domain.

I have set the target date to complete the re-branding of FIDtionary to FIDwiki, and to move it to it's own Domain at:

Date: Tuesday November 23, 2010

At approximately 8:00 AM Eastern Daylight Savings Time in North America, I will disable the FIDtionary Wiki on the Windy City United Website, and then begin the migration process.

Preliminary testing indicates that this data transfer process alone can take up to one (1) hour, then there will be an undetermined period of time needed for testing the database, links and image indexes, and troubleshooting any issues that manifest.

If all goes well, I hope to officially open the new Domain at 12:00 Noon (EDST - NA)

In the event of a catastrophic failure, I will revert back to the original FIDtionary database on the Windy City United Website, and then set a new migration date after I figure out what went wrong.

The migration of the Wiki to the new unique Domain has been completed.

Once again, the new URL is: http://footballidentity.wikia.com/wiki/Footballidentity_Wiki

Any Bookmarks you had to either WCUpedia or FiDtionary should now automagically redirect to the new Domain's Wiki Main Page, please let me know if you notice that this is not the case! You will not be able to edit the "old" Wikis - they are locked, but I haven't removed them yet... just in case.

If you encounter any errors with pages and/or images that used to link that do not link anymore, please note the specific pages and image names and send an email to administrator@fidwiki.info, and someone will re-index the database tables where appropriate.

Thanks - and let's start filling out some of those over 1100 "wanted" pages that people have created links for (when creating their League and/or Team Pages)!

SyN
#13 Posted : Wednesday, November 24, 2010 7:48:46 PM

PimpTastic!

CURRENT CHARACTERS

Player/Manager Awards and Championships

C-King Impact
#14 Posted : Friday, November 26, 2010 4:03:33 PM

Thanks everyone!

There has been a tremendous Community response to the re-branding and move of the Wiki to it's own Domain... Wiki-membership increased by almost 50% since the migration only 3-days ago!!

Woot

A HUGE Thanks to our Game Hosts, namely FIDAdmin1 for graciously cross-promoting the re-branding and move of the FIDwiki through Facebook and Twitter, the Visitor stats show that a large majority of the Hits to the Website came from those links!

Love

Best of all, everyone who has been creating New Pages has been Categorizing the vast majority of their Pages and Images as they have adding them, which makes the Administrator's and Bureaucrat's jobs all that much easier!

Applause

Keep up the terrific work everyone... we're well on the way to making this a fantastic Wiki for FID!

bajenmiffo
#15 Posted : Friday, November 26, 2010 4:47:11 PM

You're doing a fantastic job on the Wiki C-King Impact! How much sparetime do you actually got?Flapper

And thanks for the reminder about categorizing as I know I tend to forget that part. Last time I saw you'd done it for me so thanks. Next time I'll try to remember that to ease some of your workload.smiling

Robin Hero #27 - CF - Tufte IL NOR 1A

SunfoolD
#16 Posted : Friday, November 26, 2010 5:51:44 PM

http://footballidentity....i/Footballidentity_Wiki
It is not 'final version'
Thanks for FIDwiki!

Zoddao
#17 Posted : Friday, November 26, 2010 6:18:23 PM

Hi C-King.
If you can give me a link to the old fidtionary pages? I am committed personally to deliver the most pages are "good" in the new wiki and encourage those who had worked in the old to the new improved also.
I'm working also to fidwiki, but i disappointed that the old wiki user do not use the new one.
C-King Impact
#18 Posted : Friday, November 26, 2010 7:11:00 PM

Zoddao wrote:
Hi C-King.
If you can give me a link to the old fidtionary pages? I am committed personally to deliver the most pages are "good" in the new wiki and encourage those who had worked in the old to the new improved also.
I'm working also to fidwiki, but i disappointed that the old wiki user do not use the new one.

Sorry Zoddao, for one, this IS the FIDtionary Database... we just moved it here and re-named it... and this Project has no relation to the previous Wiki-Project from last year, and the web-links to the old pages from that Project are dead.

From my understanding, there was some sort of a problem with the database, that for one thing was not linking the images correctly to the pages, so I'm not sure that I would want to even attempt to merge any of the data even if the database was available... just in case something was corrupted.

C-King Impact
#19 Posted : Sunday, November 28, 2010 3:24:33 PM

!! VERY IMPORTANT !!

When adding a NEW LOGO OR BADGE for a Team on a LEAGUE PAGE

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE...

DO NOT load the Logo to REPLACE the FILENAME:

No_Logo.jpg

Rather, change the name of the File "No_logo.jpg" to the name of the file that you will upload to replace the No_Logo.jpg image ONLY in the column/row for where you want the Logo/Badge to display.

When you save the page, the "No Logo" image will change to red-colored text that you can click, which will lead you to a page where you can upload the Logo/Badge to link to the text you created for the filename you created to replace No_Logo.jpg.

No_Logo.jpg is the image that shows for EVERY Team in the Wiki where there is not a Logo or Badge already uploaded for that Team... so if you upload your image to replace No_logo.jpg, this becomes the image to show for all teams that do not currently have a Logo or Badge uploaded to the Wiki yet!

It's happened a couple fo times in the 6-or-so-months that this Wiki has existed, and it's not usually a big problem to fix... but the way that someone did it today took me about 20-minutes to fix, and I ended up having to delete the files from the database, because no matter what I tried in order to revert back to the original "No_Logo.jpg", the image that was set overnight kept creeping back up as the default "no Logo" image for some odd reason that I could not determine.

I've re-indexed everything, and all is OK now... but please try to avoid this somewhat common error in the future!

Thanks!

C-King Impact
#20 Posted : Monday, November 29, 2010 5:18:34 PM

... who will be the 100th Footballer to "officially" create (and categorize) their Page in this Wiki?

Shifty