Welcome Guest Active Topics | Log In

14 Pages «<11121314>
Promotion and Relegation Rules Options
markg7777
#241 Posted : Friday, August 27, 2010 5:20:36 PM

Fleet wrote:
CUFC_Mike wrote:
Fleet, the '4th place' rule was first introduced for the Season 4 promotion/relegations:

See the bottom of this topic.

Read it three times and didn't see it.

It is there under one of the countries, but you need a magnifying glass to see it.
Fleet
#242 Posted : Friday, August 27, 2010 5:26:25 PM

Key User Group: User recieved this medal for taking part in the FID Key User Group (KUG)

markg7777 wrote:
Fleet wrote:
CUFC_Mike wrote:
Fleet, the '4th place' rule was first introduced for the Season 4 promotion/relegations:

It is there under one of the countries, but you need a magnifying glass to see it.

This?

"We will not go further down in the leauge than 4th place so therefore currently only × Footbâll Indonèsia Addict ×™ (2nd place) will promote directly from League 3A IDN."

I don't see how that is a rule... Under the USA is says they will not go further than 1st place...

It seems like a decision based on the circumstances of the league, but HARDLY a rule.

Any RULES should be listed in the Rules section.

I think after having read it a few times that in no way can that statement be construed as a hard and fast rule.

USA MODERATOR

Please send requests through PMs rather than in-game chat.

FORUM RULES / GUIDELINES

CUFC_Mike
#243 Posted : Friday, August 27, 2010 6:30:59 PM

Contributor Medal: User recieved this medal for the huge amount of work put into enhancing the FID experience.Key User Group: User recieved this medal for taking part in the FID Key User Group (KUG)

Using the word 'rule' was maybe my fault, but this is the way it was ran this season, I don't see why it would be ran any differently for another league. If they wouldn't do it for Indonesia last season, why would they do it for USA this season?

I wonder if there was an Indonesian team that finished 5th that wanted to promote?
Guess who's back? It's not Slim Shady...

markg7777
#244 Posted : Friday, August 27, 2010 6:36:41 PM

Fleet wrote:
markg7777 wrote:
Fleet wrote:
CUFC_Mike wrote:

This?

"We will not go further down in the leauge than 4th place so therefore currently only × Footbâll Indonèsia Addict ×™ (2nd place) will promote directly from League 3A IDN."

I don't see how that is a rule... Under the USA is says they will not go further than 1st place...

It seems like a decision based on the circumstances of the league, but HARDLY a rule.

Any RULES should be listed in the Rules section.

I think after having read it a few times that in no way can that statement be construed as a hard and fast rule.

Yeah, those were my sentiments exactly when reading that. One of things about being a manager in FID is there is no set place for all the rules regarding transfers, contracts, playing time and now promotion/relegation. If you get lucky you might stumble across a place that vaguely mentions some obscure rule like this one that is causing such a headache. There needs to be a better place to find ALL the rules and regulations in FID.

Granted this is a side topic, but as a new manager, I am tired of hearing, "That is a rule, or that is the way it is" Show me in black and white so I can understand my obligations.
Fleet
#245 Posted : Friday, August 27, 2010 8:20:35 PM

Key User Group: User recieved this medal for taking part in the FID Key User Group (KUG)

CUFC_Mike wrote:
Using the word 'rule' was maybe my fault, but this is the way it was ran this season, I don't see why it would be ran any differently for another league. If they wouldn't do it for Indonesia last season, why would they do it for USA this season?

I wonder if there was an Indonesian team that finished 5th that wanted to promote?

Well... in the past promotion and relegation was always tied to a consideration of the leagues involved.

FIDAdmin3 said this in the initial post in the thread you cited:

"What we have taken into consideration to come up with this list is mainly the following:
1. How long the League has been existing
2. The amount of User-controlled teams in the League at the moment.
3. How active the 11-12th positioned teams in the upper division are"

There never appears to be a hard and fast rule, but rather the Admins considered factors in order to determine how leagues would promote/relegate. As all leagues are a bit different and in different stages of development, this makes sense.

So.. for the USA D1 and D2 situation:

Factor 1 - USA D1 has been around since Season 2 (formed prior to the first games), and D2 since the end of Season 3 (four games remaining). Both are well established leagues.

Factor 2 - USA D1 "technically" has 12 user controlled teams, although two appear to be more bot than human and are struggling. USA D2 has 9 user controlled teams (in various stages of development) and 3 bot teams. Both have teams that are very competitive and active, although those teams tend to be higher on the table (as one would expect).

Factor 3 - The 11th and 12th teams in USA D1 are very inactive. The team in the #12 spot is currently attempting a rebuilding process under new management, however, team #11 is languishing.

Considering those factors, I would think a playoff match between Uprising United (Ranked 5th, and very active) and Brazilian Sporting (Ranked #11, and dead) would be appropriate.

USA MODERATOR

Please send requests through PMs rather than in-game chat.

FORUM RULES / GUIDELINES

Astroz
#246 Posted : Friday, August 27, 2010 8:59:39 PM

I'm obviously biased as a player for uprising, but I also feel that if the teams above us (Manhattan in particular) choose not to promote, the opportunity (not the right) to promote should be passed on...meaning that, while manhattan/whoever's automatic promotion being passed down is crazy, giving the lower position teams the chance to play their way in seems fair.

Red_Lion
#247 Posted : Friday, August 27, 2010 9:08:33 PM

Astroz wrote:
manhattan/whoever's automatic promotion being passed down is crazy, giving the lower position teams the chance to play their way in seems fair.

Amen!

Also I wouldn't asked too much of advices from those teams and players there who chose not to promote... because it's crazy...
The bigger the real-life problems, the greater the tendency for the discipline to retreat into a reassuring fantasy-land of abstract theory and technical manipulation. by Tom Naylor

Football is simple, but it is difficult to play simple. by Johan Cruijff

Hey, you got a typo in my name there... FIX IT...
FallenEFC
#248 Posted : Friday, August 27, 2010 10:29:15 PM

Well i'm uprising player so i want to promote, but i would say it would be fair to play a playoff match.

i think if we prove we're better than their worst team we deserve and we would improve the 1A
Ary Moraes #17 CF - Pittsburgh Steelers F.C.
(2) Brazil 1A Champion (Season 9, 13)
UFCL Champion (Season 13)

Nelson Dida #12 Keeper - Pittsburgh Steelers F.C.
(3) Brazil 1A Champion (Season 9, 10,13)
UFCL Champion (Season 13)

From the moment you start believing that attributes are more imporant than team play and player intelligence, you're fated to failure
markg7777
#249 Posted : Saturday, August 28, 2010 2:26:26 AM

There is now a playoff game scheduled for the USA. Not sure who it is though. And it looks to be happening Saturday at 2045 EST, September 5th. Which is weird, cause that is not even a normal game night for either league.
CUFC_Mike
#250 Posted : Saturday, August 28, 2010 10:45:41 AM

Contributor Medal: User recieved this medal for the huge amount of work put into enhancing the FID experience.Key User Group: User recieved this medal for taking part in the FID Key User Group (KUG)

markg7777 wrote:
There is now a playoff game scheduled for the USA. Not sure who it is though. And it looks to be happening Saturday at 2045 EST, September 5th. Which is weird, cause that is not even a normal game night for either league.

Ignore that. I'm guessing it's related to the "Season 6 has already started!!!!" bug that people have noticed this morning.

The play-off match for USA 1A (if there is one) will take place at the normal League 1A time, 00:45 UTC on Sunday 5th September.

CUFC_Mike
#251 Posted : Saturday, August 28, 2010 10:46:25 AM

See the Play-Off Schedule for more information.

ChrisD
#252 Posted : Saturday, August 28, 2010 11:36:42 AM

Thanks Mike... any help with a question on the following please?

CUFC_Mike wrote:
Here we will maintain a list of teams that has chosen NOT to promote:

Britannia Blues FC (League 2A ENG)
Hope & Glory FC (League 2A ENG)

League 1A ENG Playoff:
Sunday 5th of September at 19:45 UTC - 2nd in 2A v 1st in 2B
Wednesday 8th of September at 19:45 UTC - 11th in 1A v Winner of above.

1. Hope and Glory FC (62)
2. Old Swan United (59)
3. Britannia Blues FC (51)
4. ItsAGoal.com (49)

So, is that Old Swan Utd likely to get auto promoted and ItsAGoal.com as 2nd in 2A ?

I realise there are things like days/time to pass etc..
Leaving once all my characters expire.. will hog the free account though to annoy those I can..

Your training increase in understanding the ME decreased by 4.97 to 3.01%

CUFC_Mike
#253 Posted : Saturday, August 28, 2010 11:39:16 AM

Chris, you are correct, yes.

ChrisD
#254 Posted : Saturday, August 28, 2010 11:46:21 AM

Appreciate your prompt reply fella.. Wink
Leaving once all my characters expire.. will hog the free account though to annoy those I can..

Your training increase in understanding the ME decreased by 4.97 to 3.01%

kurosagi
#255 Posted : Monday, August 30, 2010 9:10:37 PM

Mike,

just remind you about

League 2B IDN
2nd place 3C IDN vs 1st place 3D IDN
11th place 2B IDN vs winners above

I'm just afraid of you forget it because it's not been updated in playoff schedule.
thanks.

kurosagi - #1 Indonesia Top User

My Warriors :

CUFC_Mike
#256 Posted : Monday, August 30, 2010 9:52:28 PM

Don't worry, I've not forgot. It just hadn't been completed when I checked earlier today.

Alex Tempest
#257 Posted : Monday, August 30, 2010 10:02:10 PM

Eh when is the deadline for e-mailing if we want to decline the play off, because I never thought it would be offered to 5th place to be honest and I have to ask my 3/4 players first...

Also Kauto have apparently said no to promotion so will that mean that we will auto go up or still have to play a play off
CUFC_Mike
#258 Posted : Monday, August 30, 2010 10:05:44 PM

Alex Tempest wrote:
Eh when is the deadline for e-mailing if we want to decline the play off, because I never thought it would be offered to 5th place to be honest and I have to ask my 3/4 players first...

Also Kauto have apparently said no to promotion so will that mean that we will auto go up or still have to play a play off

Couple of days yet, don't worry.

Alex Tempest
#259 Posted : Monday, August 30, 2010 11:14:34 PM

How about my first question about the play off, if 1st say no to auto promote will we play off against 12th?

jprev55
#260 Posted : Tuesday, August 31, 2010 12:50:34 PM

Can we have some frineldy to wait playoff? We have finish season since Thursday, yesterday must be played the FRA 2 last match, but like it crached, they play thursday. Surely the first playoff monday and ours playoff thursday. So it will be 2 weeks with none match. Maybe more if the problem isn't resolve this week...