Pierre Levesque - Side Midfielder - Pärnu JK

Aj Hawk - Central Forward - Sharks FC

Kai Alexander - Central Defender - FC NightLife

Calvin X - Goal Keeper - Twenty Two Academy

Quote:
I am Indonesian and American
CUFC_Mike
#223 Posted : Friday, August 27, 2010 11:35:14 AM

Contributor Medal: User recieved this medal for the huge amount of work put into enhancing the FID experience.Key User Group: User recieved this medal for taking part in the FID Key User Group (KUG)

redsoxboy540 wrote:
It just doesn't make sense and defeats the purpose of the promotion/relegation system. If there are inactive teams in the 1st division, and there are active teams that are willing to promote, i just don't see the point of denying them that opportunity.

So again, please and thank you for your time.

This isn't a dig, I'm just trying to understand your thoughts a little better. To me, promoting a team that finished 5th doesn't make sense, and defeats the purpose of the promotion/relegation system.

Now, I know you finished 3rd over a 9 game period, but over the full 22 game season, you're going to finish 5th, not 3rd.

Would you have the same feelings if your team finished bottom of League 2A and nobody else wanted to promote? Would you still think you were deserving, because you're active?
Guess who's back? It's not Slim Shady...

jprev55
#224 Posted : Friday, August 27, 2010 12:49:40 PM

calvin_d12 wrote:
xenotech wrote:
fot this season lets keep the system goes on the same way
but for next season
i think promotion and relegation rules must change a bit
i dont think a team deserve the right to choose promote or not
in real life no league let the team choose if they want to promote or not
if u dont want to promote then try to stay ad rank 4 instead of rank 1

I'd have to agree with this

Are you crazy ? You prefer to see faked/cheated matches?
Alex Tempest
#225 Posted : Friday, August 27, 2010 12:51:36 PM

Key User Group: User recieved this medal for taking part in the FID Key User Group (KUG)

xenotech wrote:

in real life no league let the team choose if they want to promote or not

Wrong and also in some leagues teams aren't allowed promote if they want to if they don't have the right standards either...
redsoxboy540
#226 Posted : Friday, August 27, 2010 3:16:29 PM

CUFC_Mike wrote:
redsoxboy540 wrote:
It just doesn't make sense and defeats the purpose of the promotion/relegation system. If there are inactive teams in the 1st division, and there are active teams that are willing to promote, i just don't see the point of denying them that opportunity.

This isn't a dig, I'm just trying to understand your thoughts a little better. To me, promoting a team that finished 5th doesn't make sense, and defeats the purpose of the promotion/relegation system.

Now, I know you finished 3rd over a 9 game period, but over the full 22 game season, you're going to finish 5th, not 3rd.

Would you have the same feelings if your team finished bottom of League 2A and nobody else wanted to promote? Would you still think you were deserving, because you're active?

Had we lost the majority of ours games odds are we would not want to promote because we would not be ready. I understand we finished 5th, but it was because the team was created halfway through the season, we still proved ourselves against the teams that have been there for the full season that chose not to promote, again.

If a team is active and choses to promote, i don't see the reasoning in not letting them promote, even if they're in 10th or lower, and have lost the majority of their games, but no one ahead of them choses to promote and they want to, why not let them, because they are actives and have a chance at a better salary?

So to answer your questions, yes any team is deserving if the promotion position falls to them and is active, it's the teams ahead of theirs that decided not to promote, so why have everyone else whose goal is to get to the top league in their country suffer?
Fleet
#227 Posted : Friday, August 27, 2010 3:25:07 PM

Key User Group: User recieved this medal for taking part in the FID Key User Group (KUG)

CUFC_Mike wrote:

That because your British. No insult intended... but you guys grew up with the FA structure.

We Yanks have it different. Our leagues are closed w/o promotion and relegation. Even in Soccer. We do have teams from our second division move up to our first division, however... it happens when they are ready to make that step and can afford it (i.e. Seattle, Portland, Vancouver, Montreal).

Teams move up not because they win the lower league... but because they are in a position to help the first division become a better and more competitive division.

That's the situation we have in the USA now. We have a team that is ready and available to move to D1, and will improve D1 by moving.

I think that stating teams that finish below 4th position cannot move up is a culturally intolerant statement about the American system. Football Identity is supposed to be a worldwide collection-- not a place where European ideals are forced down the throats of others.

In America, we promote teams under a different criteria-- and under those benchmarks, Uprising is ready for the jump. For you to tell them that they cannot is simply imperialistic grandstanding and culturally insensitive.

USA MODERATOR

Please send requests through PMs rather than in-game chat.

FORUM RULES / GUIDELINES

markg7777
#228 Posted : Friday, August 27, 2010 3:33:57 PM

CUFC_Mike wrote:
redsoxboy540 wrote:

Whoa whoa hold on. Half our games were before our inception, meaning there were bot players on the team as it was just TEAM 19 (or whatever they were). How is it we can play each and every team in the league 1 time, finish 1 point out of first in that time and expect to finish 5th? That goes against any math I have ever known. That makes no sense. We played exactly 11 games, which last I checked was 1/2 of 22. So if you multiply our results by 2, which is the other half of the season, you would still end up with a 3rd place finish. You can't fault us because the other teams beat up on Team 19 bots before we got there.
Fleet
#229 Posted : Friday, August 27, 2010 3:38:09 PM

CUFC_Mike wrote:

Yes. See post above markg7777's last one.

USA MODERATOR

FORUM RULES / GUIDELINES

CUFC_Mike
#230 Posted : Friday, August 27, 2010 3:42:45 PM

Contributor Medal: User recieved this medal for the huge amount of work put into enhancing the FID experience.Key User Group: User recieved this medal for taking part in the FID Key User Group (KUG)

Thanks for the post Flint - it wasn't insulting, merely interesting. I admit, the American system isn't something I pay much attention to, and if that's how it works, then I can understand your frustrations at having to play under different rules here.

Mark, I'm not blaming you for not taking over half way through the season. The only point I'm making is that a FID season lasts 22 weeks, not 11 weeks, regardless of who was in control. A real life example, take a 3rd tier team who are towards the bottom of the league, but are then taken over by a multi millionaire who buys lots of top quality players, and they play the 2nd half of the season winning the bulk of their games. They end up finishing just above mid table. Just because their 2nd half of the season performance was fantastic, and just because the multi-millionaire wasn't in charge for the first half of the season doesn't mean the team themselves are any more deserving of promotion.

I noticed there was a team above Uprising in the league a few days ago (5th I think), maybe this has changed now, I can't get on the main site at the moment to check. do they want to promote? Has anybody asked them?

Loupi
#231 Posted : Friday, August 27, 2010 3:44:03 PM

Hello Admins,

I just wanna know when would the play-off matches in France will take place .

And also :

- Will condition be automaticcaly go to 100 before first PO match ?

- Will condition go to 100 between the 1st and the second PO match ? (if my team win the first, of cours ;))

Thx !
Manu Julio, Manager
redsoxboy540
#232 Posted : Friday, August 27, 2010 3:44:27 PM

CUFC_Mike wrote:
Thanks for the post Flint - it wasn't insulting, merely interesting. I admit, the American system isn't something I pay much attention to, and if that's how it works, then I can understand your frustrations at having to play under different rules here.

Mark, I'm not blaming you for not taking over half way through the season. The only point I'm making is that a FID season lasts 22 weeks, not 11 weeks, regardless of who was in control. A real life example, take a 3rd tier team who are towards the bottom of the league, but are then taken over by a multi millionaire who buys lots of top quality players, and they play the 2nd half of the season winning the bulk of their games. They end up finishing just above mid table. Just because their 2nd half of the season performance was fantastic, and just because the multi-millionaire wasn't in charge for the first half of the season doesn't mean the team themselves are any more deserving of promotion.

I noticed there was a team above Uprising in the league a few days ago (5th I think), maybe this has changed now, I can't get on the main site at the moment to check. do they want to promote? Has anybody asked them?

We beat them last night, 6 to nothing. Netting us 5th place.
markg7777
#233 Posted : Friday, August 27, 2010 3:47:24 PM

CUFC_Mike wrote:

They are no longer in the equation. We beat them 6-0 last night, which moved us to 5th.
Fleet
#234 Posted : Friday, August 27, 2010 3:52:21 PM

CUFC_Mike wrote:
Thanks for the post Fleet- it wasn't insulting, merely interesting. I admit, the American system isn't something I pay much attention to, and if that's how it works, then I can understand your frustrations at having to play under different rules here.

Where was this rule? It seems to have been created VERY recently, because i never heard of it... and frankly it doesn't make much sense...

Why can't the most successful D2 team (regardless of where they are on the table) that WANTS to promote not being given the opportunity...

Let Uprising play a playoff match against the #12 USA D1 team. If they lose, no promotion, if they win they move up... that is merit-based...

USA MODERATOR

FORUM RULES / GUIDELINES

CUFC_Mike
#235 Posted : Friday, August 27, 2010 3:54:35 PM

It's certainly an idea, I personally think that anybody who does not win the league is not deserving ot automatic promotion....however a play-off match, that's a different issue altogether. Maybe they should be given a play-off match....

If they win, clearly they're good enough for the higher division.

If they lose, clearly they're not....

markg7777
#236 Posted : Friday, August 27, 2010 3:56:50 PM

CUFC_Mike wrote:
It's certainly an idea, I personally think that anybody who does not win the league is not deserving ot automatic promotion....however a play-off match, that's a different issue altogether. Maybe they should be given a play-off match....

If they win, clearly they're good enough for the higher division.

If they lose, clearly they're not....

I am down, but it would be better if we played the #11 team. I know that doesn't make sense, but the #12 team will be good, mark my words, they just got an active manager that is going to do nothing but good things for the team. Where as the #11 team has no indication of being active.

Tell us when and where, we will be there
Fleet
#237 Posted : Friday, August 27, 2010 4:03:31 PM

According to the rules for USA promotion D2 #1 automatically goes up and D1 #12 automatically goes down. D2 #2 plays D1 #11 for the second slot.

So Uprising would merely be replacing D2 #2... I think that seems kosher.

USA MODERATOR

FORUM RULES / GUIDELINES

redsoxboy540
#238 Posted : Friday, August 27, 2010 4:05:39 PM

Fleet wrote:
According to the rules for USA promotion D2 #1 automatically goes up and D1 #12 automatically goes down. D2 #2 plays D1 #11 for the second slot.

So Uprising would merely be replacing D2 #2... I think that seems kosher.

Where were you in the forums three days ago??? Love
CUFC_Mike
#239 Posted : Friday, August 27, 2010 4:13:06 PM

Fleet, the '4th place' rule was first introduced for the Season 4 promotion/relegations:

See the bottom of this topic.

Fleet
#240 Posted : Friday, August 27, 2010 5:16:53 PM

CUFC_Mike wrote:
Fleet, the '4th place' rule was first introduced for the Season 4 promotion/relegations:

See the bottom of this topic.

Read it three times and didn't see it.

USA MODERATOR

FORUM RULES / GUIDELINES