Welcome Guest Active Topics | Log In

14 Pages 123>»
Promotion and Relegation Rules Options
FIDAdmin1
#1 Posted : Friday, October 30, 2009 9:05:29 PM

Head Staff Medal: Medal rewarded for being part of the Head Staff at Footballidentity

Here's a description on how promotion and relegation works between different parent and child leagues as default and how it will work during Season 2.

1. Default Rule:

As default the Promotion and Relegation Rules works as follows:

Position 11 and 12 in parent league (for instance League 1A SWE) is relegated into the different child leagues (for instance League 2A and 2B SWE). Position 1 from each child league is promoted up to the parent league. It may be that we will change this logic for future seasons to include some sort of playoff system.

One important rule however is that the child league must be regarded as an active league for the winner to be promoted. If there are a lot of bot teams in the child league and if the league has been inactive during a big part of the season, no team will go up and no team will come down.

2. Active child leagues during Season 2:

A good example of a child league that is not regarded as active is League 2B SWE where the activity level has been too low during Season 2. The teams has not had active managers and players and therefore no team will go up to League 1A SWE from League 2B SWE after season 2. Child leagues League 2A SWE and League 2A Romania however is regarded as active leagues and promotion from these leagues will be done.

3. Special Playoff during Season 2:

Since our world is currently being built we see it necessary to hold a special Playoff during Season 2 since the second division leauges in Sweden and Romania has almost the same activity level as the Division 1 leagues and since we believe it is more fair to hold a playoff and give more teams that chance to promote. The playoff will be a 2-match meeting between the team in 11th position of Parent League and the team in 2nd position of the 1st child league. This means that the playoff will be performed as follows:

11th Team in Division 1A SWE vs. 2nd Team in Division 2A SWE
11th Team in Division 1A ROM vs. 2nd Team in Division 2A ROM

The matches will be handled in the same way as we performed friendly matches during last pre-season so no statistics or condition loss will be stored (results will be posted in the forums and members can enter additional feedback). The two teams will play on the Wednesday and Sunday directly following the end of the season.

Since we have not yet implemented over-time or penalty shootouts at this point in time the rules for how the playoff will be decided is in the following order:

1. Amount of "Points" from the two matches (win, draw, loss).
2. Goal Difference (if both teams has walked away from the playoff with the same amount of wins, draws and losses, the team with the best goal difference will win the playoff.
3. Away Goal difference (if both teams has the same goal difference the team scoring most goals away from home will win the playoff).
4. Division 1 advantage (if above 3 points is exactly the same after the two matches no promotion and relegation will be performed. The team that was playing in Division 1 last season will stay in division 1. Of course this gives a small advantage to the Division 1 team but it is the best way to handle it within our current functionality (at least we are holding a playoff right?))

So here is the list of parent child-leagues and their "promotion status" for season 2:

League 1A SWE (1 team relegated and 1 team to playoff)
League 2A SWE (1 team promoted and 1 team to playoff)
League 2B SWE (no teams promoted)
League 1A ROM (1 team relegated and 1 team to playoff)
League 2A ROM (1 team promoted and 1 team to playoff)

Help and FAQ

Stay updated by following us on:

...and follow my blog.

See how matches are played in this Youtube Tutorial.
Sponsor  

Pesh
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 31, 2009 12:47:01 AM

Oh!!! Thanks so much for this info it really helped and now we have something to look forward to!
Thanks alot!(l)

Pride of sweden

Swedish SWE 1A Champions S04 2010

drakzul
#3 Posted : Saturday, October 31, 2009 1:51:42 PM

Cheers for the info!Applause Applause Applause
Finally blessed with the King's recognition - "I thought I never say this but im starting to like drakzul"
Sunday, April 27, 2014 12:52:42 AM

rootas
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 04, 2009 9:11:17 PM

playoff for Titanium!
Patrik Gerrbrand #4
Captain of Skulls of OwnAge
Thenothing
#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 04, 2009 9:50:56 PM

YEEEES!!!!!Biggrin
FC Stockholm Jacke Engström #8

Stockholm, Capital of Scandinavia
FC Stockholm - Pride of Sweden

Also hated ex Titanium player
gking92
#6 Posted : Wednesday, November 04, 2009 10:28:25 PM

good luck in playoff - flashback owned us tonight. but we play you for pride sunday...
All four characters united at the same club for the first time: a new home with a familiar name, Andromeda FC
George King, Forward
Formerly of the (Swedish) Andromeda FC (So good, they named a galaxy after us) and Epic Vultures
8 times English National Forward of the Year
Trevor Francis, Assistant Manager
Craig Gardner, Central Midfield
Kevin Phillips, Forward
Keep Right On
Stryker
#7 Posted : Wednesday, November 25, 2009 11:16:52 PM

what is the status for season 3?
Luck > Skill
Appearances on Football Manager 2008 / 2009 / 2010 / 2011
Current Character
Naff Jevons - CD = Free Agent

Previous Characters
Naff Jevons - GK - Free Agent - World Keeper of the Year Season 4
Gemma Cador - CB - Free Agent
mic Acet - ST - Free Agent
Phil Myboots - CB - Slot Expired
Stryker
#8 Posted : Sunday, November 29, 2009 9:41:39 AM

has there been a decision made regarding this yet for Season 3?
Luck > Skill
Current Character

Previous Characters
FIDAdmin1
#9 Posted : Sunday, November 29, 2009 5:49:25 PM

Head Staff Medal: Medal rewarded for being part of the Head Staff at Footballidentity

Sorry but we have not been able to make a decision regarding promotion/relegation yet. We will try to have a decision for this finished half-way through Season 3.
Help and FAQ

...and follow my blog.

Stryker
#10 Posted : Sunday, November 29, 2009 8:21:25 PM

obviously from a personal point of view at the very least can you consider a playoff from SWE 2B as we have a team that we feel should at least be given a chance against the best the country has to offer (assuming we get promoted that is ;))
Luck > Skill
Current Character

Previous Characters
FIDAdmin1
#11 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2009 4:17:40 PM

Stryker wrote:
obviously from a personal point of view at the very least can you consider a playoff from SWE 2B as we have a team that we feel should at least be given a chance against the best the country has to offer (assuming we get promoted that is ;))

League 2B SWE is going to be a much stronger league this year so the team finishing first in the league will defenitely be promoted (without playoff) to division 1. It is with regards to playoff between 2nd placed teams that we have not decided what will happen yet.
Help and FAQ

...and follow my blog.

gking92
#12 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2009 9:37:17 PM

Here is an idea - the two second places in league 2A and 2B playoff (perhaps a one off game). The winner plays 14th place in league 1 over one or two legs and the winner gets their place in League 1 for season 4
All four characters united at the same club for the first time: a new home with a familiar name, Andromeda FC
George King, Forward
Formerly of the (Swedish) Andromeda FC (So good, they named a galaxy after us) and Epic Vultures
8 times English National Forward of the Year
Trevor Francis, Assistant Manager
Craig Gardner, Central Midfield
Kevin Phillips, Forward
Keep Right On
mhoward9
#13 Posted : Tuesday, December 01, 2009 2:48:11 AM

I like gking's idea. It would be cool to see a knockout game in FID!
MrBuddha
#14 Posted : Thursday, December 17, 2009 1:00:55 PM

FIDAdmin1 wrote:

League 2B SWE is going to be a much stronger league this year so the team finishing first in the league will defenitely be promoted (without playoff) to division 1. It is with regards to playoff between 2nd placed teams that we have not decided what will happen yet.

I'm not agreeing 100% with You here Mr FIDAdmin1. L2B will get stronger this season - but strong enough to send a team straight to the belly of the beast? About this I'm quite uncertain.

I have wondered if the Umbrella-system for series are the best way to secure active teams in the higher leagues and I'd rather see a straight League system where the winners of 2B (renamed to 3 of course) go up to League 2A SWE. This I think whould not only push the active teams upwards through the system, but also the inactive ones downwards.

Meeting a lot of bot teams maybe is not such a terrible thing when You are a sparkling new team with sparkling new players and are trying to get the Game Engine to work Your way. And You'll have a good motivation trying to keep active to get up one notch.

As for players who are now in their third consequtive season in League 2A Swe, meeting bot teams are just boring and demoralizing. i think it would be a better strategy to try and fill the Leagues with activity from the bottom upwards.

Also if You compare the top teams of League 2B with 2A I'd say there is a big difference. The teams from 2A are more ready to take on the 1A-challenge than the 2B teams, and the thought of the second or third team in 2A missing out promotion for a quite new team from 2B is quite frightening. I guess the teams from 2B would be quite happy getting a promotion to League 2A since competition will be a lot harder there - yet not impossible as in 1A.

And the problems with all the Play Off matches I'll leave out for now.

So, my suggestion is to give up the idea with an Umbrella organisation for the leagues and create the League system as a straight ladder where Teams go from League 3 to 2 to 1. I think all would benefit from it.

Stryker
#15 Posted : Thursday, December 17, 2009 1:12:38 PM

I feel that by the end of the season the winners of 2B should at least get a shot at being promoted to Division 1, after all that is the way the league structure is at the moment. Even if we had to have playoffs against Div2A to prove a point but at the end of the day it comes down to how well you do regardless. From what I hear you have two walkover teams in your division which would then mean that there is no threat for relegation from 2A which again would be a bit crap.

If the game takes off big time then the series system works better than a pure league format as people will get bored if they are looking at a large amount of seasons until they can get to the "premier league".

Again though this is beta so one can expect changes, but would prefer this sort of decision to be a very carefully thought out one
Luck > Skill
Current Character

Previous Characters
MrBuddha
#16 Posted : Saturday, December 19, 2009 2:00:58 PM

Stryker wrote:
I feel that by the end of the season the winners of 2B should at least get a shot at being promoted to Division 1, after all that is the way the league structure is at the moment.

I partly agree with You; if it has been decided then it should stand, and no changes should take part in midseason. I was under the impression that it wasn't 100% decided, but reading FIDAdmin1's post again gives me the wrong on this one.

I also want to clarify that my opinions are regarding the game as whole. Sometimes it may sound as I'm on a holy mission against Football Superstars as a team and this is of course not the case. In fact, I'm very glad that the swedish Div 2B has been blessed with not only a very active (in many aspects - let alone forumwise) but also a very strong team. It makes the game a lot better.

My case is the league structure - I strongly believe that it should be only one div 1, 2 and 3 for securing activity. If (or rather when) the game kicks in and becomes immensely popular an umbrella organisation could work for the lower divisions to speed up promotion, ie div 4 A & B, 5A, B, C, D and so on. But then promotion and relegation rules have to be carefully thought out. At the moment Swe Div2A has more active and better teams then Swe Div2B, and that is why I regard the Swe Div2A as a higher ranked league.

Stryker wrote:

Again though this is beta so one can expect changes, but would prefer this sort of decision to be a very carefully thought out one

Here I agree with you 100%.

Stryker
#17 Posted : Saturday, December 19, 2009 2:25:50 PM

I don't think you're on a mission against us - heck I am even of the impression that I'm liking you as we have constructive discussions smiling

But as the admins have said hopefully we'll still get the promotion this year, then you'll have to meet us in Div 1 smiling
Luck > Skill
Current Character

Previous Characters
upan
#18 Posted : Thursday, December 24, 2009 2:17:17 PM

i see..
Hafiz Zulfansyah

SD

Pasukan Lombok Abang (PLA)

Facebook/Twitter/E-mail : upan.gen@gmail.com

CD,SD,DCM,CM and SM, okay i'll do it!
upan
#19 Posted : Thursday, December 24, 2009 2:18:16 PM

so the 1st position of child league only will be promoted..
Hafiz Zulfansyah

SD

CD,SD,DCM,CM and SM, okay i'll do it!
upan
#20 Posted : Thursday, December 24, 2009 2:19:14 PM

so i must fight tobring my club promoted.. Dance
Hafiz Zulfansyah

SD