Welcome Guest Active Topics | Log In

2 Pages 12>
Final thanks and farewells. Options
Elboludo
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 15, 2017 4:15:11 PM

After all this time, I figured it would only be appropriate for us as a community, to actually let the people who made the game know, how much this has meant to us all.

So let me kick it off.

To "Surströmming and Co", I would like to extend a massive thank you. It has been a whirlwind of ups and downs the last 8½ years, but I somehow always ended up coming back. You somehow managed to bring both footballers and nerds together which, when you think of it, is a massive feat in itself. You captivated us with innovation and a community unlike any other. The last part was more luck than skill, but you still had a hand in how you ran things, so for that we thank you.

Lastly, I would like to say thank you to all the people I have gotten to know over the course of these last 8½ years. I'll remember most of you, miss only some of you, but be thankful for "meeting" all of you.

From losing out on promotion back in season 2, because the game glitched and had to be started over twice, to being part of the US national team and playing in the most stupid hours of the day, to meeting some of you fantastick fooks in Birmingham, this game will always be a part of me. I've met too many people, and experienced too many things, to ever really "let it go".

So thank you. Each and every one of you.
<22:59:08> "kwanzi"
: ha ha, well, at leats i can declare my love to you here

FID experience summed up:
Sponsor  

spiker
#2 Posted : Saturday, April 15, 2017 5:17:47 PM

Elboludo wrote:
After all this time, I figured it would only be appropriate for us as a community, to actually let the people who made the game know, how much this has meant to us all.

Beautiful sentiments Morten.

I remember joining this game in April 2010 due to Tony (ea9le5 (Herbie Quiff)) persuading a lot of the Scottish Trophy Managers to form a Scottish League here.

I instantly fell in love with the game.
I have made so many friends and had so many good times due to this wonderful game.

It can truly be frustrating at times but the feel good and fun factor certainly out weights the frustration.

I remember very fondly travelling down to Birmingham and meeting so many good people there (and Morten) and having a great time there.
I am looking forward to meeting a few others in Prague in May.

I am going to be at a total loss with what to do with my evenings, already found it very strange last night knowing that I didn't have to get ready for Bul1a.

I thank from the bottom of my heart the admins here, the people that have put in so much hard work keeping the game going and most of all the wonderful people that I have met here.

It will leave a big hole in my life once I play my final ever game here.

tiraths27
#3 Posted : Saturday, April 15, 2017 7:58:52 PM

I enjoyed so many nights playing the game with new and old friends (far too many to list). Can't imagine how many hours I spent playing and talking about the game. The concept was so great but its a shame the admins didn't have the time & money to develop the game further.

Enjoy the 6 month break, hope to see you all for the launch of Super Club Soccer smiling

Super Club Soccer - Life after FID
Link to User

TROPHY CABINET | SEASON 20-24

QPReds
#4 Posted : Sunday, April 16, 2017 11:47:47 AM

Genuinely can't believe the game has ended, kinda thought it would just run forever, was shocked when I opened up the forums and saw the thread titles. I really thought I'd be able to open the game in 5 years and still see Mini moaning about his luck.

I don't even remember how I started playing to be honest. Can't remember everyone I've met playing the game but on the whole enjoyed having the whole community atmosphere this game brings.

Special thanks to everyone who played in Scotland at it's pomp even including Jamie who I must've argued with on the forums everyday for about 18 months. So thanks to everyone who made that league great, even the dirty Bannock players (that means you too Chris Angel )

I'll try tirath's game, will be interesting to see how many people we can get over there.
IRC used to be a fairly decent thing in FID but it's completely died out now. I'm going to try and bring it back. If anyone wants to shoot some poopies, talk about FID, real football or anything else really go to Quakenet, type in your fid username so we know who you are and enter the channel name #fid. Let's see if we can get some decent discussions, banter etc going.
Feel free to ask questions here.
Mini Miudo
#5 Posted : Sunday, April 16, 2017 12:34:10 PM

QPReds wrote:
Genuinely can't believe the game has ended, kinda thought it would just run forever, was shocked when I opened up the forums and saw the thread titles. I really thought I'd be able to open the game in 5 years and still see Mini moaning about his luck.

I don't even remember how I started playing to be honest. Can't remember everyone I've met playing the game but on the whole enjoyed having the whole community atmosphere this game brings.

Special thanks to everyone who played in Scotland at it's pomp even including Jamie who I must've argued with on the forums everyday for about 18 months. So thanks to everyone who made that league great, even the dirty Bannock players (that means you too Chris Angel )

I'll try tirath's game, will be interesting to see how many people we can get over there.

You can experience that in Tirath's game, no problem. Flapper
Silent Assassins FC
1x England Champions (S30)
10. Mini Cristiano Ronaldo - CF // 7. Mini Ricardo Quaresma - SM // 21. Mini Mauro Zárate - CF

Northern Assassins FC
7x Italy/Ireland Champions (S21, S23, S25, S26, S27, S28, S31), 1x UFCL Winners (S23)
1. Mini Rui Patrício - GK // 7. Mini Dries Mertens - SM // 24. Mini Alessandro Florenzi - SD

Titles: 7x Italy/Ireland Champion, 5x Sweden/Serbia Champion, 4x England Champion, 3x WC Winner, 2x France Champion, 2x UFCL Winner
World Awards: 4x Forward of the Year, 4x Golden Assist, 3x Golden Boot, 3x Golden Technique, 2x Golden Pass, 1x Midfielder of the Year, 1x Defender of the Year, 1x Keeper of the Year

Vulcanproject
#6 Posted : Sunday, April 16, 2017 8:49:28 PM

In true top gear style the game was ambitious, but rubbish. Yet it still doesn't stop everyone who experienced it for so long enjoying it so much. The social aspect of the game was at least as important to me as the game itself.

Thanks must go to the creators of the game and they can be safe in the knowledge they did create something genuinely fun for a lot of people for many years which most cannot claim in their careers so make sure you are proud of that.
TeamLegend
#7 Posted : Sunday, April 16, 2017 9:58:32 PM

Thanks for a great gameBiggrin

Sad that this had to come to an end... But I will remember some good times here and keep some very nice people as friendsLove

Happy to finish the game playing together with some of the people I started to play with: Juler and Ryan
Through the years there have been lots of others passing through the teams I have played in. Lots of great people. The social thing, the jokes in TS and the funny situations will always be the best part of this game for me. The tactics and how we had to do good moves together with others.

I could say a lot about some other users, but you know who you are. Thanks for playing together with me and having me in your teamsCool

Looking forward to meet some of you in Prague and some others I will meet laterBiggrin

Some of you will be invited to join me to places like this some time in the future Wink http://www.68north.com/o...ors/hiking-helvetestind/
Gaaaaahhhh
Neuromancer1
#8 Posted : Monday, April 17, 2017 7:49:35 PM

IndyBre
#9 Posted : Monday, April 17, 2017 7:54:40 PM

Bad game even worse managment of the game... Happy cuz game is coming to the end smiling

See ya someday in some other games smiling

Dijabola Rouge, Elbolid, Mini Mudo, Neuromancer listener...... next?

ALL MUM BRA!!!!

Elboludo
#10 Posted : Monday, April 17, 2017 8:59:07 PM

IndyBre wrote:
Bad game even worse managment of the game... Happy cuz game is coming to the end smiling

Seems like some people are too stupid to understand what's happening around them.
<22:59:08> "kwanzi"
: ha ha, well, at leats i can declare my love to you here

FID experience summed up:
hamburgler03
#11 Posted : Tuesday, April 18, 2017 4:28:13 AM

I'll echo what Morten said. This game has been a big part of many lives for the past 8-9 years.

For me, I discovered the game in Season 2 when I was out of work. In between job hunting, it gave a good stress relief from "real life."

I have played in USA, Brazil, Chile, Sweden, England, Portugal, Indonesia and Australia. I've had seasons where I woke up at 4am to play in Australia. I took two breaks since season 2 including the majority of this season. I just wasn't into it any more.

The game had some flaws. Ok, a LOT of flaws but you know, that's what also made the game what it was. From early games where the teams all seemed to get stuck at the center circle to lag issues, it gave us things to laugh, cry and scream about.

What I found most amazing and fun about the games though is not the game play itself. It's the users and their personalities. For me it is players like Morten, CUFC_Mike, Tay, Dallas Gasgoine (going to my way back machine) and Kizzie Cardell. It's rivalries that I had with players like Levski and for the American's, there was the great bigsoccer.com trade debacle that was discovered by FID Journalists.

Without the social side of the game, it's just a bunch of users who you imagine are just like you. Your eyes are open when your starting gk always misses the first 15 minutes of games though because it's his bath time. Yes, this actually happened.

LEARNING about people from around the world is what I enjoyed the most. Sometimes this was good and sometimes not but the social side of the game made me some lifelong friends and I thank you for that.

Thank you FID for the good times and bad. Thanks for being much more than a game.

FREE SIGMA
BAN SHANKS
LIFETIME BAN FOR MORTEN

(17:54:33 27/03/2012) leorojas
you give me credits?
(17:56:30 27/03/2012) hamburgler03
let me think about it a second
(17:56:35 27/03/2012) hamburgler03
no
IndyBre
#12 Posted : Tuesday, April 18, 2017 9:18:20 AM

Elboludo wrote:
IndyBre wrote:

Seems like some people are too stupid to understand what's happening around them.
I know, right. I dont belive that you are that stupid Wink

Dijabola Rouge, Elbolid, Mini Mudo, Neuromancer listener...... next?

ALL MUM BRA!!!!

uyke
#13 Posted : Tuesday, April 18, 2017 10:21:06 PM

Big Thank You to the devs and all the users. I had a lot of fun here for several years. Live long and prosper Applause
My dogs:

South American Representative @ International FIDA
Uruguay Representative @ South America Continental FIDA
President @ FIDA URUGUAY | Representative @ FIDA ARGENTINA | Representative @ FIDA GREECE | Representative @ FIDA VENEZUELA

RedlineM203
#14 Posted : Tuesday, April 18, 2017 11:53:04 PM

Uh, it's been cool I guess
Northern Assassins FC - Ireland 1A
Doctor Death - SD (ENG NT) (ex-ENG U25) ENG Golden Shield S19, S26
Ligament Tearer - CF (ex-ENG U25) ENG Forward of the Year S25, S29
Westwood United - England 1A
Red Star Playmaker - SM (ex-ENG U25) ENG Golden Pass S29
Shin Bruiser - SD ENG Defender of the Year S27, ENG Golden Assist S28
almost
#15 Posted : Wednesday, April 19, 2017 10:13:16 AM

banned em allLaugh Out Loud
Uscanac
#16 Posted : Wednesday, April 19, 2017 8:49:09 PM

Neuromancer1 wrote:

+1
Napred Zvezdo samo napred, gde ti igras tu smo mi, nikad neces biti sama mi smo tvoji sinovi!

This ones for my family name with pride I wear it to the grave.
Planktonka
#17 Posted : Wednesday, April 19, 2017 10:01:16 PM

Thank you all for all the interesting games that we played and those that we did not play.. And for the good times, and so on..

See ya around.. smiling

ARINHO
#18 Posted : Thursday, April 20, 2017 4:32:20 PM

It's been nice from times to times....

Best player EU

Funny quote below

Best excuse EU below

ARINHO's school of GKing
Diable Rouge
#19 Posted : Sunday, April 23, 2017 2:15:03 PM

All the guys who played with me, you must be a hella lot relieved that it ended. I loved it. Thank you.

All the guys who didn't play with me, sorry for taking half the titles. -not arrogant, confident! @Dimis- Laugh Out Loud Laugh Out Loud Laugh Out Loud
Cândeleşti Córdoba - CM - Red Star Mayhem - 1A SER
Saúl Ñíguez - CM - Assassins FC - 1A ENG

† Juventus Gent
† Guinness Football
† Top Notch FC
N.O.T.C.H. - CF
Hannibal Lecter - CD
Călineşti Córdoba - DCM
dimis3
#20 Posted : Sunday, April 23, 2017 5:27:55 PM

Diable Rouge wrote:
All the guys who played with me, you must be a hella lot relieved that it ended. I loved it. Thank you.

All the guys who didn't play with me, sorry for taking half the titles. -not arrogant, confident! @Dimis- Laugh Out Loud Laugh Out Loud Laugh Out Loud

Thank you for being my supporter all this time ! I knew you had me as an idol ..... http://prntscr.com/edq1wb