Welcome Guest Active Topics | Log In

Spanish League Options
Ferrazza11
#1 Posted : Friday, March 25, 2016 7:03:24 PM

Game Master Icon: Medal received for taking part in Footballidentity's Game Master team

After 27 seasons Spanish league is dying.

We had got a 6 active teams league since last season when we lost 1 of them some days before the starting of the season.
Now seem that another one is having problems to have a full active team on the field.

If we don't want to lose another league we should do a little effort to fill that holes.

Games in Spain are at 22:15 UTC (Mon-Thu).

If anyone have any idea or can help with characters feel free to speak with me.
Sponsor  

Bogatir
#2 Posted : Friday, March 25, 2016 7:25:16 PM

Here, as everywhere need to figure out a way to keep new users in the game. 90% of new registrations do not enter a second time after registration, 5% come second but not active. Only 5 percent remain to play the game seriously. Things are very bad.

Chris Rutter
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 27, 2016 11:06:25 PM

Getting managers with SP in has to be the starting point. Even if they ultimately fail to make the team active, playing a team with SP manager is at least more entertaining for the other teams in the league.
I think there are quite a lot of intermediate users on FID who have played for a number of seasons, but have only 1 character as they do not want to purchase credits. I think they could well be enticed to take the challenge of building a new team as a manager if you offered to pay for the slot and SP. They might not read the forums often if at all though, so you'd have to reach them by advertising through a newspaper article, league wall or messaging them in-game I think.
I personally think it is more important to fund SP and slots for managers taking over inactive teams than fund manager slots for active teams.

I'm tempted to stay and try to rebuild Misfits from scratch, as I don't want to see the league suffer and it would be an interesting challenge for me... not really sure though, it might be too much for me to take on.
Bogatir
#4 Posted : Sunday, March 27, 2016 11:17:17 PM

Chris Rutter wrote:
Getting managers with SP in has to be the starting point. Even if they ultimately fail to make the team active, playing a team with SP manager is at least more entertaining for the other teams in the league.
I think there are quite a lot of intermediate users on FID who have played for a number of seasons, but have only 1 character as they do not want to purchase credits. I think they could well be enticed to take the challenge of building a new team as a manager if you offered to pay for the slot and SP. They might not read the forums often if at all though, so you'd have to reach them by advertising through a newspaper article, league wall or messaging them in-game I think.
I personally think it is more important to fund SP and slots for managers taking over inactive teams than fund manager slots for active teams.

I'm tempted to stay and try to rebuild Misfits from scratch, as I don't want to see the league suffer and it would be an interesting challenge for me... not really sure though, it might be too much for me to take on.

Applause

Ferrazza11
#5 Posted : Monday, March 28, 2016 5:43:11 PM

Game Master Icon: Medal received for taking part in Footballidentity's Game Master team

Chris Rutter wrote:

I agree but as you can imagine not all the NFIDAs are rich, and the Spanish can't pay for 3 months of supporter pass and a slot for 6 teams, and oc can't do it only for 1.

Only paying for the slot will be 2.100 credits that is more than 30% of NFIDA total founds.

What can be done it's to give some kind of reward for having more than x% UDP.

I'll study what can be done but oc SP and slot is impossible. At least for now.
Chris Rutter
#6 Posted : Tuesday, March 29, 2016 2:13:59 AM

I think you should only give credits to managers who take over bot teams. It's much harder to build a team up from scratch than manage a team that's already active, and you already get regular manager rewards if your team is active. Perhaps a better target would be to get users who have SP anyway to create/move a manager to build up a bot team in Spain. If you can get them to simply be active in the matches, there is already the automatic rewards for them to try to make the team active.

Why not offer something like 200 credits at the end of the season if the manager is active (more than 6% UDP on SP) in more than 75% of the matches - that could make buying a slot to take over one of the bot teams cost neutral or even a possibility to earn credits overall if you take the automatic rewards into account.

Publicity is important, though. Not that many users are consistently engaged with the forums, so you do need to find other ways to reach out to potential managers. Incentives are useless if people don't know they exist.