Welcome Guest Active Topics | Log In


3 Pages <123>
Mod for Adriatic league Options
scotty196222
#21 Posted : Monday, November 09, 2015 5:54:23 PM





Rank: Senior Master
Joined: 3/23/2010
Posts: 7,088
Points: 23,931
Location: Exeter
Let me be the MOD of that forum.....

muhahahahahaa....

MUUUUUHAHAHAHHAAAAAAA!!!!!

Laugh Out Loud Laugh Out Loud






Quote:
I wonder what shenanigans I was getting up to on that evening.....


scotty196222
#22 Posted : Monday, November 09, 2015 5:57:05 PM





Rank: Senior Master
Joined: 3/23/2010
Posts: 7,088
Points: 23,931
Location: Exeter
Champ78 wrote:
Soo nice of you to thing i care 5 cents for your opinion about me. I tried to give a friendly advise, and got "attacked" at once.

But again, well no comment is really needed Flapper


Its known that civilisation hasnt reached certain parts of the world....

Biggrin Wink





Quote:
I wonder what shenanigans I was getting up to on that evening.....


pejo001
#23 Posted : Monday, November 09, 2015 6:19:01 PM





Rank: Junior
Joined: 1/24/2013
Posts: 153
Points: 465
So this Scotty person is civilized?? I don't wanna that kind of civilization.
Proud member of MamoJebi team.
Uscanac
#24 Posted : Monday, November 09, 2015 6:37:24 PM





Rank: Professional
Joined: 9/20/2012
Posts: 1,533
Points: 4,683
Champ78 wrote:
i think writing in a language the admins understand, would be smart if you really wanted the job. Just a friendly tip

I don't speak Swedish.
Napred Zvezdo samo napred, gde ti igras tu smo mi, nikad neces biti sama mi smo tvoji sinovi!

This ones for my family name with pride I wear it to the grave.
Wickerbasket
#25 Posted : Monday, November 09, 2015 6:44:52 PM





Rank: Senior Master
Joined: 2/3/2010
Posts: 9,467
Points: 39,883
Location: Grantham
pejo001 wrote:
So this Scotty person is civilized?? I don't wanna that kind of civilization.


To be fair, we don't exactly want him either.
#3 James Frost - Side Defender of Team Ten
Proud to be Goalkeeper, Left Side Defender, Right Side Defender, Central Defender, Left Central Defender, Right Central Defender, Left Central Midfielder, Central Midfielder, Right Central Midfielder, Left Forward, Right Forward and Manager of Team Basket Academy


thegreenwoods wrote:
I agree with the points made by James.
Champ78
#26 Posted : Monday, November 09, 2015 6:46:30 PM





Rank: Master
Joined: 10/8/2011
Posts: 3,688
Points: 11,823
Location: Lier
Uscanac wrote:
Champ78 wrote:
i think writing in a language the admins understand, would be smart if you really wanted the job. Just a friendly tip

I don't speak Swedish.


It wasnt meant for you mate, it was meant for thoose that wrote in "non english", You wrote in english, wich is a language a asume the admins speak pretty well
Quote:
We're the hero FID deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, you'll hunt us, because we can take it. We're not your hero. We are Norway
Champ78
#27 Posted : Monday, November 09, 2015 6:58:02 PM





Rank: Master
Joined: 10/8/2011
Posts: 3,688
Points: 11,823
Location: Lier
Wickerbasket wrote:
pejo001 wrote:
So this Scotty person is civilized?? I don't wanna that kind of civilization.


To be fair, we don't exactly want him either.


I know who I would have wanted as mod in that section, but I am not sure the person i have in mind, would want the job.
Quote:
We're the hero FID deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, you'll hunt us, because we can take it. We're not your hero. We are Norway
scotty196222
#28 Posted : Monday, November 09, 2015 7:02:20 PM





Rank: Senior Master
Joined: 3/23/2010
Posts: 7,088
Points: 23,931
Location: Exeter
Wickerbasket wrote:
pejo001 wrote:
So this Scotty person is civilized?? I don't wanna that kind of civilization.


To be fair, we don't exactly want him either.


boo hoo Crying

lmao! try harder kid.

Laugh Out Loud Flapper







Quote:
I wonder what shenanigans I was getting up to on that evening.....


Robes_91
#29 Posted : Monday, November 09, 2015 7:06:40 PM





Rank: Professional
Joined: 9/30/2010
Posts: 1,354
Points: 5,751
Location: Subotica
Laugh Out Loud Applause
dobermannSER wrote:
Admins will manage. They have google translate!


dobermannSER
#30 Posted : Monday, November 09, 2015 7:12:36 PM





Rank: Senior
Joined: 9/18/2012
Posts: 925
Points: 2,839


Shifty
FIDAdmin
#31 Posted : Monday, November 09, 2015 7:31:49 PM



Head Staff Medal: Medal rewarded for being part of the Head Staff at Footballidentity

Rank: Administration
Joined: 3/10/2009
Posts: 5,070
Points: 14,885
pejo001 wrote:
So, myway or noway is civilized way?? Thats what u said? We did not receive any compromise solution, do u know why? Couse they don't care. For them, we are savages and, like the man said, period. We are threat like sh..it just because we have different language? I am just wondering did Fredy know what are they doing here, and how they destroying his money. Google is not just translate, u know that.


Sorry, but you all get this wrong. We do NOT see you in the Adriatic Community savages in any way. But you do say yourself that you express yourself in different ways than other cultures and try to defend bad names and behaviour with this. All we say is no matter what your culture is like we cannot allow the rules to be broken. If you see yourself as savages or as a cultural elite that should stand above the rules is up to you but all we want is that Footballidentity should be a place where the users can be without feeling offended. Quite simple and still many of you in the Adriatic Community seems to believe the Admin team has something against the Adriatic Community and try to kill it off. If you think for a moment - just a moment - then you will soon realise that this does not make any sense at all. So can you please just drop those conspiracy theories that are only made up by one reason - to justify bad behaviour (if looking at the rules that you all agreed upon when signing up) with the idea that the Admin hates you and want to get rid of you.

Think about what I write and please think about why I take my time here and respond in threads like this and offer you to send a mail to support@communisport.com to come up with better arguments than:
"Sure the name can be interpreted in a bad way but it can also be interpreted in this good way and that is what we mean - promise!"

What you need to understand is if it is reasonable to interpret the name in a bad way and we get reports about that, then we need to take actions. And the rules supports this.

Or maybe the argument:
"The Admin team try to kill off the Adriatic League in all possible ways!"
When all we have done is:

* Got reports about possible cheating, started to investigate it, got more reports, continued to investigate it and found it, banned the responsible user(s) and took the only possible decisions together with the users helping out on the site after a long discussion. - The Cheaters fault. Not the Admin team.

* Got reports of a bad team name that is not ok according to the rules everyone has agreed upon when signing up, changed the team name and offered to change it. - The Admins fault or the members of the team who picked the name???

* The Moderator quit in a forum that has caused a lot of trouble in the past with bad behaviour and who have clearly showed in the past that an active moderator is needed. The language barrier makes it next to impossible to moderate as the community has told us in the past that a moderator from their own community is needed to understand when to step in and not due to the harsh expressions. What to do? Leave the forums wide open and let moderating by google translate rule(which probably would lead to unfair bans according to you), or close it until a new moderator has been appointed? And you know what? We would have loved to have more moderators in the Adriatic League but we have lots of moderators who have quit due to threats and abuse and after a while it gets harder and harder to find someone who want to take on the role. You say it is part of your culture perhaps but the ones moderating does not seem to think so when they got threatened just because the helped out moderating the forums on Footballidentity. You want moderating by someone who understands your culture and your way of expressing but keep on kicking the ones helping out away by threats. - Admins fault?

* The kick off times in the Adriatic League were specially customized for the league as request from the Adriatic Community to the IFIDA, which more or less handle all these kind of requests. Sure the Admins can step in but we seldom do I can assure you. The request was and was accepted despite the fact that it clashed with Sweden and England. Everyone knew this and still this is now used as an argument that the Admins try to kill the league off and merge it with Sweden and England in order to make Sweden stronger - a league that looks quite strong this season if asking me and does not really need any help...

So. In my opinion the Admin team has not really done anything to hurt the Adriatic League. If that team name was THAT important that the Adriatic League will die because of this, then maybe the team should have considered to think a bit more carefully about the team name before picking it? I mean. Everyone can see that the name could be seen in a negative way. Maybe, just maybe, some users in the Adriatic Community should cool down a bit and try to look at the whole picture here and try to see that there is a world outside the Adriatic League that needs to be considered as well???

I may sound harsh here but I am sure you can take a bit harsh attitude even if someone from outside your culture write in a bit harsh way.
FAQ: http://footballidentity.com/Help/Content/

Read our FAQ to find out more about:
- Getting Started
- My User
- Life of a Footballer
- Playing the Matches
- Life of a Manager
- Teams and Competitions
- Life of a Journalist
- Newspapers and Articles
- Communicating within Footballidentity
- General Navigation
- Having more than one Character


Match Engine Tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEj0mQV2e-M

Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Footballidentitycom/177223154315?ref=nf
scotty196222
#32 Posted : Monday, November 09, 2015 7:36:10 PM





Rank: Senior Master
Joined: 3/23/2010
Posts: 7,088
Points: 23,931
Location: Exeter
+ 10,000 Admin, well said !!

Applause Applause





Quote:
I wonder what shenanigans I was getting up to on that evening.....


Wickerbasket
#33 Posted : Monday, November 09, 2015 7:37:27 PM





Rank: Senior Master
Joined: 2/3/2010
Posts: 9,467
Points: 39,883
Location: Grantham
Strong only because you cut it down to 6. Adriatic is still by far the biggest league at that time.
#3 James Frost - Side Defender of Team Ten
Proud to be Goalkeeper, Left Side Defender, Right Side Defender, Central Defender, Left Central Defender, Right Central Defender, Left Central Midfielder, Central Midfielder, Right Central Midfielder, Left Forward, Right Forward and Manager of Team Basket Academy


thegreenwoods wrote:
I agree with the points made by James.
dobermannSER
#34 Posted : Monday, November 09, 2015 7:40:00 PM





Rank: Senior
Joined: 9/18/2012
Posts: 925
Points: 2,839
FIDAdmin wrote:
pejo001 wrote:
So, myway or noway is civilized way?? Thats what u said? We did not receive any compromise solution, do u know why? Couse they don't care. For them, we are savages and, like the man said, period. We are threat like sh..it just because we have different language? I am just wondering did Fredy know what are they doing here, and how they destroying his money. Google is not just translate, u know that.


Sorry, but you all get this wrong. We do NOT see you in the Adriatic Community savages in any way. But you do say yourself that you express yourself in different ways than other cultures and try to defend bad names and behaviour with this. All we say is no matter what your culture is like we cannot allow the rules to be broken. If you see yourself as savages or as a cultural elite that should stand above the rules is up to you but all we want is that Footballidentity should be a place where the users can be without feeling offended. Quite simple and still many of you in the Adriatic Community seems to believe the Admin team has something against the Adriatic Community and try to kill it off. If you think for a moment - just a moment - then you will soon realise that this does not make any sense at all. So can you please just drop those conspiracy theories that are only made up by one reason - to justify bad behaviour (if looking at the rules that you all agreed upon when signing up) with the idea that the Admin hates you and want to get rid of you.

Think about what I write and please think about why I take my time here and respond in threads like this and offer you to send a mail to support@communisport.com to come up with better arguments than:
"Sure the name can be interpreted in a bad way but it can also be interpreted in this good way and that is what we mean - promise!"

What you need to understand is if it is reasonable to interpret the name in a bad way and we get reports about that, then we need to take actions. And the rules supports this.

Or maybe the argument:
"The Admin team try to kill off the Adriatic League in all possible ways!"
When all we have done is:

* Got reports about possible cheating, started to investigate it, got more reports, continued to investigate it and found it, banned the responsible user(s) and took the only possible decisions together with the users helping out on the site after a long discussion. - The Cheaters fault. Not the Admin team.

* Got reports of a bad team name that is not ok according to the rules everyone has agreed upon when signing up, changed the team name and offered to change it. - The Admins fault or the members of the team who picked the name???

* The Moderator quit in a forum that has caused a lot of trouble in the past with bad behaviour and who have clearly showed in the past that an active moderator is needed. The language barrier makes it next to impossible to moderate as the community has told us in the past that a moderator from their own community is needed to understand when to step in and not due to the harsh expressions. What to do? Leave the forums wide open and let moderating by google translate rule(which probably would lead to unfair bans according to you), or close it until a new moderator has been appointed? And you know what? We would have loved to have more moderators in the Adriatic League but we have lots of moderators who have quit due to threats and abuse and after a while it gets harder and harder to find someone who want to take on the role. You say it is part of your culture perhaps but the ones moderating does not seem to think so when they got threatened just because the helped out moderating the forums on Footballidentity. You want moderating by someone who understands your culture and your way of expressing but keep on kicking the ones helping out away by threats. - Admins fault?

* The kick off times in the Adriatic League were specially customized for the league as request from the Adriatic Community to the IFIDA, which more or less handle all these kind of requests. Sure the Admins can step in but we seldom do I can assure you. The request was and was accepted despite the fact that it clashed with Sweden and England. Everyone knew this and still this is now used as an argument that the Admins try to kill the league off and merge it with Sweden and England in order to make Sweden stronger - a league that looks quite strong this season if asking me and does not really need any help...

So. In my opinion the Admin team has not really done anything to hurt the Adriatic League. If that team name was THAT important that the Adriatic League will die because of this, then maybe the team should have considered to think a bit more carefully about the team name before picking it? I mean. Everyone can see that the name could be seen in a negative way. Maybe, just maybe, some users in the Adriatic Community should cool down a bit and try to look at the whole picture here and try to see that there is a world outside the Adriatic League that needs to be considered as well???

I may sound harsh here but I am sure you can take a bit harsh attitude even if someone from outside your culture write in a bit harsh way.


If I were you, I would lock the cage again! Laugh Out Loud
Sizz
#35 Posted : Monday, November 09, 2015 7:56:44 PM





Rank: Guru
Joined: 5/26/2010
Posts: 1,717
Points: 6,689
Location: D
U A MOD BRO?!




Biggrin
Magnus Alerio #1 - Former ICFC Goalkeeper - Season 18 - 37% 1 Stars Saves - Retired

Magnus Magnusson #18 - CF - Retired

Ultra Magnus - Puckoon Manager - Retired
MAGGIE's Mad Paint Skillz 2k13



Why does a team need 5 CD's?

U A MOD BRO??????!!!!!!!!!
dobermannSER
#36 Posted : Monday, November 09, 2015 8:02:34 PM





Rank: Senior
Joined: 9/18/2012
Posts: 925
Points: 2,839
Thank god NO! I have no desire to hide behind some other account, and sneaking around and finding new victim. Laugh Out Loud
Bole_
#37 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2015 6:49:45 AM





Rank: Professional
Joined: 4/18/2010
Posts: 1,161
Points: 5,406
Location: Nis
FIDAdmin wrote:
We do NOT see you in the Adriatic Community savages in any way. But you do say yourself that you express yourself in different ways than other cultures and try to defend bad names and behaviour with this.


How many times we need to explain you?
Every nation have different of expression so it is not something related just for Serbia,Bosnia and Croatia.

FIDAdmin wrote:
Think about what I write and please think about why I take my time here and respond in threads like this and offer you to send a mail to support@communisport.com to come up with better arguments than:
"Sure the name can be interpreted in a bad way but it can also be interpreted in this good way and that is what we mean - promise!"

Well what do you want ? What proof do you need ?? If i would like to know how to say ball for example in English than i would ask someone who speeks English. You really cant do anything else.

FIDAdmin wrote:
What you need to understand is if it is reasonable to interpret the name in a bad way and we get reports about that, then we need to take actions. And the rules supports this.


What you need to understand is that many words in our language are synonyms for some dirty words so many CAN but DONT HAVE to be interpret that way.

So for example lets see these words:
jaja - means eggs but also can mean balls(testicles)
piton - well means piton(snake) but also can mean big dick.
burgijanje - drilling but also can mean shucksing.
drkanje - handjob but also can mean tease(make fun of or attempt to provoke a person)
pusenje - smoking cigarettes but also can mean blowjob

and so on...

So based on this we have to ban great number of our words just because some guy can complain even if he knows what the word really mean, but again he count on your ignorance of our language and know that you are gonna believe him.


FIDAdmin wrote:
Or maybe the argument:
"The Admin team try to kill off the Adriatic League in all possible ways!"

Maybe Admin team dont want to kill Adriatic League but there was talks in IFIDA in which they wanted to kill Adriatic and mass move all of us to other leagues in the similar time slot, even when we were totally against this, so you have to understand why is people afraid of that.

I mean the people dont understand one thing, if Adriatic fails than most of our users are gonna quit the game.Very little number of us will join other leagues so killing Adriatic is only bad for FID.

FIDAdmin wrote:
* Got reports about possible cheating, started to investigate it, got more reports, continued to investigate it and found it, banned the responsible user(s) and took the only possible decisions together with the users helping out on the site after a long discussion. - The Cheaters fault. Not the Admin team.

Well you could do it a bit quicker but ok, at least justice is satisfied.

FIDAdmin wrote:
* Got reports of a bad team name that is not ok according to the rules everyone has agreed upon when signing up, changed the team name and offered to change it. - The Admins fault or the members of the team who picked the name???

NO.
You got report for a bad character name, guy that have that name for two years.And then because his team wanted to give him support they changed name to match his.And again we come to language barrier.

You have to understand one thing, it is written in Serbo-Croatian so it is intended for people from our countries.There is no need for you to understand it.

So if you say that no matter what name must be clear in all languages than i must remind you:
There was a team in Croatia called Beli Orlovi, in english White Eagles
Beli Orlovi is official name for Serbia National Team supporters.
Than someone dig out some info that there was some military unit in the last war in Balkan that had the same name.
So Admins decided that Beli Orlovi is offensive Laugh Out Loud and changed the name.
Ok but in the same time there was another team in FID called the same just in English, White Eagles which name was not changed.

So Beli Orlovi is insulting and White Eagles is not insulting.

Why ???

To get back on the track, If those guys written name Mothershucksers than ok you should ban them because that word is insulting in your language but they wrote it mamojebi which means awesome ones.
You must understand difference between MAMOJEB and MAMOJEBAČ
MAMOJEBAČ - mothershuckser in real meaning, one who shuckss mother Biggrin (whos mother, thats you to decide)

FIDAdmin wrote:
* The Moderator quit in a forum that has caused a lot of trouble in the past with bad behaviour and who have clearly showed in the past that an active moderator is needed. The language barrier makes it next to impossible to moderate as the community has told us in the past that a moderator from their own community is needed to understand when to step in and not due to the harsh expressions. What to do? Leave the forums wide open and let moderating by google translate rule(which probably would lead to unfair bans according to you), or close it until a new moderator has been appointed? And you know what? We would have loved to have more moderators in the Adriatic League but we have lots of moderators who have quit due to threats and abuse and after a while it gets harder and harder to find someone who want to take on the role. You say it is part of your culture perhaps but the ones moderating does not seem to think so when they got threatened just because the helped out moderating the forums on Footballidentity. You want moderating by someone who understands your culture and your way of expressing but keep on kicking the ones helping out away by threats. - Admins fault?


Totally Admins fault.
Moderators will come and go, it is normal situation.
If you did your job well with these name issues than you wouldnt have that situation on forums Biggrin People had to react on injustice.

About threats, well come on are you serious about that ??? We of course threat one to another on forums and then go to beer together Biggrin
It is just a instrument of making an atmosphere for the games.Rivalries is what keep us in this game.

Admins made mistakes in the past with appointing foreigner for moderator here and that always resulted in a catastrophe so dont do it again.

FIDAdmin wrote:
So. In my opinion the Admin team has not really done anything to hurt the Adriatic League. If that team name was THAT important that the Adriatic League will die because of this, then maybe the team should have considered to think a bit more carefully about the team name before picking it? I mean. Everyone can see that the name could be seen in a negative way. Maybe, just maybe, some users in the Adriatic Community should cool down a bit and try to look at the whole picture here and try to see that there is a world outside the Adriatic League that needs to be considered as well???

I may sound harsh here but I am sure you can take a bit harsh attitude even if someone from outside your culture write in a bit harsh way.

That team is already gone but problem is that other teams are really disappointed by the whole situation and it is possible that more users will stop playing.
And again lot of names can be seen in a negative way but that doesnt mean they need to be banned just because of some evil minded individual.

About that world outside the Adriatic League, well we all played in leagues outside Adriatic and never made any problems.I played in 2-3 leagues in last few years every season and never seen a problem.Simply spoken, in Adriatic we are among ourselves and we speak and act according to that, and in other leagues we respect the hosts and try to be ok for their standards.
Again, if that name is written Mothershucksers and in England for example than you would say it is insulting, but it was in Adriatic league and no one felt it was insulting for two years and now some evil minded guy reported just because probably he argued with this user who called himself mamojeb.



Also if you need moderators, Uscanac applied(1st post in this topic), active user. We dont get along very nice but i respect him.
I can also be moderator, just to help him, but i insist on public moderating, no hidden account.

Think carefully about all this.

FIDAdmin
#38 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2015 10:06:41 AM



Head Staff Medal: Medal rewarded for being part of the Head Staff at Footballidentity

Rank: Administration
Joined: 3/10/2009
Posts: 5,070
Points: 14,885
Bole_ wrote:
How many times we need to explain you?
Every nation have different of expression so it is not something related just for Serbia,Bosnia and Croatia.


I fully agree! Still. As far as I know we do not experience much of these problems anywhere else. Why? I do not know.

Bole_ wrote:
Well what do you want ? What proof do you need ?? If i would like to know how to say ball for example in English than i would ask someone who speeks English. You really cant do anything else.


Bole_ wrote:

What you need to understand is that many words in our language are synonyms for some dirty words so many CAN but DONT HAVE to be interpret that way.

So for example lets see these words:
jaja - means eggs but also can mean balls(testicles)
piton - well means piton(snake) but also can mean big dick.
burgijanje - drilling but also can mean shucksing.
drkanje - handjob but also can mean tease(make fun of or attempt to provoke a person)
pusenje - smoking cigarettes but also can mean blowjob

and so on...

So based on this we have to ban great number of our words just because some guy can complain even if he knows what the word really mean, but again he count on your ignorance of our language and know that you are gonna believe him.


It is all about the context. That is why I had the sentence worded as I did - "...if it is reasonable to interpret the name in a bad way...". If it is not reasonable then it is another story. This is also why we want to have moderators or other users who knows the languages. In this case we had reports about the names from your own community and when we found out what it meant we therefore took actions. Sure most users in your league may not
care but some did. And that is enough for us to not have much of a choice as it also can be interpreted in a bad way.

Bole_ wrote:
Maybe Admin team dont want to kill Adriatic League but there was talks in IFIDA in which they wanted to kill Adriatic and mass move all of us to other leagues in the similar time slot, even when we were totally against this, so you have to understand why is people afraid of that.

I mean the people dont understand one thing, if Adriatic fails than most of our users are gonna quit the game.Very little number of us will join other leagues so killing Adriatic is only bad for FID.


Please do get the facts right here... What has been discussed is to remove national leagues and replace them with continental leagues. And in such process we have discussed to get rid of the overlappinng kick offs which means that the teams in the Adriatic League would be moved to the European League with the same kick off time as in Sweden and/or the European League with the same kick off time as England. This was to make it possible for all users in the current Adriatic League to be able to play in two leagues after each other if they would like to and it was also to make the leagues more active overall. This is what has been discussed. So we have not talked about kill any leagues off. We have talked about changing the league belongings and avoid the kick off klashes that is a fact currently with the Adriatic League overlapping both the Swedish League and the English League.

Bole_ wrote:
Well you could do it a bit quicker but ok, at least justice is satisfied.


You are THAT sure we could have done it quicker? You do not believe that we maybe needed more cases than one or so to find patterns etc and go through all those tenth of thousands lines of information? Oh. And handle all the manual tasks as we have during preseason. Piece of cake? No.. Not really. It is hard work behind this...


Bole_ wrote:
NO.
You got report for a bad character name, guy that have that name for two years.And then because his team wanted to give him support they changed name to match his.And again we come to language barrier.

You have to understand one thing, it is written in Serbo-Croatian so it is intended for people from our countries.There is no need for you to understand it.


And still we got the reports from members from your community at the first place. And one name can easily be overlooked and go unnoticed. If a whole team takes on that same name then it starts to send out a much stronger message all of a sudden and cannot be unnoticed. Context again...

Bole_ wrote:
So if you say that no matter what name must be clear in all languages than i must remind you:
There was a team in Croatia called Beli Orlovi, in english White Eagles
Beli Orlovi is official name for Serbia National Team supporters.
Than someone dig out some info that there was some military unit in the last war in Balkan that had the same name.
So Admins decided that Beli Orlovi is offensive Laugh Out Loud and changed the name.
Ok but in the same time there was another team in FID called the same just in English, White Eagles which name was not changed.

So Beli Orlovi is insulting and White Eagles is not insulting.

Why ???


First of all. It must not be clear in all languages.

Second, if we get reports from YOUR community and tells us that they feel bad over someone using that team name. Then we must listen of course. We do not know all of your history so we take help from members of your community.

About the White Eagles. Context again. That military unit was not an English military unit - it was a "Balkan" unit.

Bole_ wrote:
To get back on the track, If those guys written name Mothershucksers than ok you should ban them because that word is insulting in your language but they wrote it mamojebi which means awesome ones.
You must understand difference between MAMOJEB and MAMOJEBAČ
MAMOJEBAČ - mothershuckser in real meaning, one who shuckss mother Biggrin (whos mother, thats you to decide)


And once again. Members of your own community did report this. So it cannot be THAT crystal clear.

Bole_ wrote:
Totally Admins fault.
Moderators will come and go, it is normal situation.
If you did your job well with these name issues than you wouldnt have that situation on forums Biggrin People had to react on injustice.

About threats, well come on are you serious about that ??? We of course threat one to another on forums and then go to beer together Biggrin
It is just a instrument of making an atmosphere for the games.Rivalries is what keep us in this game.

Admins made mistakes in the past with appointing foreigner for moderator here and that always resulted in a catastrophe so dont do it again.


The case with moderator in your community is that it is not one or two moderators who have quit for the same reason - most moderators have quit for the same reason. The reason? They have been threatened. Not necessarily in FID in the forums etc. but via Facebook, and even letters to their homes. Moderators have quit because they have been afraid. This is what we do not think is acceptable. And this is why we need anonymeous accounts for the moderators.

Bole_ wrote:
That team is already gone but problem is that other teams are really disappointed by the whole situation and it is possible that more users will stop playing.
And again lot of names can be seen in a negative way but that doesnt mean they need to be banned just because of some evil minded individual.

About that world outside the Adriatic League, well we all played in leagues outside Adriatic and never made any problems.I played in 2-3 leagues in last few years every season and never seen a problem.Simply spoken, in Adriatic we are among ourselves and we speak and act according to that, and in other leagues we respect the hosts and try to be ok for their standards.
Again, if that name is written Mothershucksers and in England for example than you would say it is insulting, but it was in Adriatic league and no one felt it was insulting for two years and now some evil minded guy reported just because probably he argued with this user who called himself mamojeb.

Also if you need moderators, Uscanac applied(1st post in this topic), active user. We dont get along very nice but i respect him.
I can also be moderator, just to help him, but i insist on public moderating, no hidden account.

Think carefully about all this.


I KNOW that you guys and gals(?) in the Adriatic Community are nice. People are nice no matter where they are from in my opinion. I personally get along with pretty much everyone I meet and love diffent cultures etc. BUT. Some things are just not ok. Threats is one thing. And as I mentioned above. We have had SO many cases of this when it comes to moderators moderating the "Balkan" countries. Really sad but true. We cannot allow that to happen anymore. Unfortunately we can only take actions against things that occur inside Footballidentity and therefore our only way to assure that this does not happen is to use anonymeous accounts for our moderators in this area. We have had moderators who thought it would not be needed who soon quit due to threats so... You can be as nice and reasonable as you want but as soon as you become moderator then it is easy to see you as a non-person. I know there are some applicants that the Head Moderator is checking out and if you are interested then just send in your application to Concave.
FAQ: http://footballidentity.com/Help/Content/

Read our FAQ to find out more about:
- Getting Started
- My User
- Life of a Footballer
- Playing the Matches
- Life of a Manager
- Teams and Competitions
- Life of a Journalist
- Newspapers and Articles
- Communicating within Footballidentity
- General Navigation
- Having more than one Character


Match Engine Tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEj0mQV2e-M

Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Footballidentitycom/177223154315?ref=nf
Wickerbasket
#39 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2015 11:41:44 AM





Rank: Senior Master
Joined: 2/3/2010
Posts: 9,467
Points: 39,883
Location: Grantham
FIDAdmin wrote:


Please do get the facts right here... What has been discussed is to remove national leagues and replace them with continental leagues. And in such process we have discussed to get rid of the overlappinng kick offs which means that the teams in the Adriatic League would be moved to the European League with the same kick off time as in Sweden and/or the European League with the same kick off time as England. This was to make it possible for all users in the current Adriatic League to be able to play in two leagues after each other if they would like to and it was also to make the leagues more active overall. This is what has been discussed. So we have not talked about kill any leagues off. We have talked about changing the league belongings and avoid the kick off klashes that is a fact currently with the Adriatic League overlapping both the Swedish League and the English League.


Or... keep the Adriatic League identity, as it is already a collective of countries and move it to Sweden's time slot - combine the two - and have England change into British League or something similar. Northern Europe, whatever, it's just a name to me. But I strongly suggest toying with the Adriatic league as little as possible, other than getting rid of the overlaps.
#3 James Frost - Side Defender of Team Ten
Proud to be Goalkeeper, Left Side Defender, Right Side Defender, Central Defender, Left Central Defender, Right Central Defender, Left Central Midfielder, Central Midfielder, Right Central Midfielder, Left Forward, Right Forward and Manager of Team Basket Academy


thegreenwoods wrote:
I agree with the points made by James.
Bole_
#40 Posted : Tuesday, November 10, 2015 11:43:15 AM





Rank: Professional
Joined: 4/18/2010
Posts: 1,161
Points: 5,406
Location: Nis
FIDAdmin wrote:
It is all about the context. That is why I had the sentence worded as I did - "...if it is reasonable to interpret the name in a bad way...". If it is not reasonable then it is another story. This is also why we want to have moderators or other users who knows the languages. In this case we had reports about the names from your own community and when we found out what it meant we therefore took actions. Sure most users in your league may not
care but some did. And that is enough for us to not have much of a choice as it also can be interpreted in a bad way.


So it is not strange to you that some guy was silent for two years and then he decided that the name is insulting ?

FIDAdmin wrote:
Please do get the facts right here... What has been discussed is to remove national leagues and replace them with continental leagues. And in such process we have discussed to get rid of the overlappinng kick offs which means that the teams in the Adriatic League would be moved to the European League with the same kick off time as in Sweden and/or the European League with the same kick off time as England. This was to make it possible for all users in the current Adriatic League to be able to play in two leagues after each other if they would like to and it was also to make the leagues more active overall. This is what has been discussed. So we have not talked about kill any leagues off. We have talked about changing the league belongings and avoid the kick off klashes that is a fact currently with the Adriatic League overlapping both the Swedish League and the English League.


This was discussed before this current season ?? Am i right ??
Im not talking about that at all smiling
Adriatic League would like to play one unified European league, but we all need a season to accustom for other timeslot.

But again im not talking about this discussion, im talking about discussion a two or three seasons ago.

FIDAdmin wrote:
You are THAT sure we could have done it quicker? You do not believe that we maybe needed more cases than one or so to find patterns etc and go through all those tenth of thousands lines of information? Oh. And handle all the manual tasks as we have during preseason. Piece of cake? No.. Not really. It is hard work behind this...


As far as i am informed cheaters were reported during the season since many of us saw strange things against cheaters team in Adriatic league and then it was dismissed as bot moves smiling

FIDAdmin wrote:
And still we got the reports from members from your community at the first place. And one name can easily be overlooked and go unnoticed. If a whole team takes on that same name then it starts to send out a much stronger message all of a sudden and cannot be unnoticed. Context again...


Well he is one of the active ones in our league so he could go unnoticed just with to inactive users Biggrin
Real problem is that the name is not insulting so i understand their revolt.NOT supporting but understanding.

FIDAdmin wrote:
First of all. It must not be clear in all languages.

Second, if we get reports from YOUR community and tells us that they feel bad over someone using that team name. Then we must listen of course. We do not know all of your history so we take help from members of your community.

About the White Eagles. Context again. That military unit was not an English military unit - it was a "Balkan" unit.


Listen is one thing, but making decision is something totally different.

FIDAdmin wrote:

The case with moderator in your community is that it is not one or two moderators who have quit for the same reason - most moderators have quit for the same reason. The reason? They have been threatened. Not necessarily in FID in the forums etc. but via Facebook, and even letters to their homes. Moderators have quit because they have been afraid. This is what we do not think is acceptable. And this is why we need anonymeous accounts for the moderators.


Well i can just say, those who were afraid were fools.

FIDAdmin wrote:

I KNOW that you guys and gals(?) in the Adriatic Community are nice. People are nice no matter where they are from in my opinion. I personally get along with pretty much everyone I meet and love diffent cultures etc. BUT. Some things are just not ok. Threats is one thing. And as I mentioned above. We have had SO many cases of this when it comes to moderators moderating the "Balkan" countries. Really sad but true. We cannot allow that to happen anymore. Unfortunately we can only take actions against things that occur inside Footballidentity and therefore our only way to assure that this does not happen is to use anonymeous accounts for our moderators in this area. We have had moderators who thought it would not be needed who soon quit due to threats so... You can be as nice and reasonable as you want but as soon as you become moderator then it is easy to see you as a non-person. I know there are some applicants that the Head Moderator is checking out and if you are interested then just send in your application to Concave.


If i may propose.
First you need to appoint 2 or 3 moderators because our forum can be very active, and many of us have full time jobs so it is hard to follow all topics.
Second you need to allow people to be moderators with their own names if they want.Hidden mod will just angry whole community.



And about one word that you wrote many times in this post.
Context.

If you give mod to some of our users you will consciously allow breaking of rules which are universal, as you told.
Mod from Balkan will allow many things that is not ok for you because he understand the language.

And what then ???

I think it is very important to regulate these things on time so we dont have problem later.


Users browsing this topic
guest (2)
3 Pages <123>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Official FID Theme by FIDAdmin1 (the one and only)
Powered by YAF 1.9.3 | YAF © 2003-2009, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.427 seconds.

© 2010 CommuniSport AB - User Agreement and Policy

Advertise on Footballidentity