Welcome Guest Active Topics | Log In

4 Pages <1234>
Match Engine Tweaks released - 2015-07-28 Options
ethernaldreams
#21 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2015 8:51:46 PM

And what did you expect? did you think that they were fixing goalkeeping? lol, guys you are not new users.. plz.
Retired

AoG90
#22 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2015 10:15:05 PM

Not sure what to say about the tweaks.
Blocking is easier that is a given. The problem is not two star blocks, but three star blocks.
Goalkeeping I 'm not sure. I have one situation that is weird, I will give turn number tomorrow. In my other game the GK saves almost everything.
Tackling seems to be easier this season, but might look alright thou.

But overall it feels like there is more three stars and one stars. But that is just a feeling so far I guess.

Characterlinks in the Spoiler
Influential me
#23 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2015 10:26:00 PM

Blocking defo works... Saw one today smiling
Wickerbasket
#24 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2015 10:52:43 PM

I genuinely think there is an awful issue with the ME with how stars are given. It really does feel like a 50/50 shot, and I asked the Admins to clarify this in an article 2 years ago - you need to come forward and address this.

How random SHOULD work is this:

Two fighters, one has the necessary stats to give him a 70% chance of winning the fight. So, before a die is rolled, anything from 0-70 is a win for the stronger character.

Any roll from 0-70 is shown as a 2 star for the stronger fighter. 70-90 should be a 3* win for the weaker fighter, and then 91-100 is gold stars. This is only an example, so obviously the numbers might be different.

It really does feel like there is a 50/50 chance to succeed or fail, nothing else. And we need some transparency here. For the record, I've had a wonderful night full of 3 stars, but last night was awful. Not everyone will be as forgiving as I am.
#3 James Frost - Side Defender of Team Ten
Proud to be Goalkeeper, Left Side Defender, Right Side Defender, Central Defender, Left Central Defender, Right Central Defender, Left Central Midfielder, Central Midfielder, Right Central Midfielder, Left Forward, Right Forward and Manager of Team Basket Academy

thegreenwoods wrote:
I agree with the points made by James.
feelow
#25 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2015 11:29:34 PM

readjust stars

az it iz now

nor skills matter nor pozitioning

until ya find the right balance on "facetoface actions" calculations and its skills-pozitioning-stars

bring back previous starsME cause all that ruins all actions in tha name of those facetoface
AoG90
#26 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2015 11:53:09 PM

Wickerbasket wrote:
I genuinely think there is an awful issue with the ME with how stars are given. It really does feel like a 50/50 shot, and I asked the Admins to clarify this in an article 2 years ago - you need to come forward and address this.

Two fighters, one has the necessary stats to give him a 70% chance of winning the fight. So, before a die is rolled, anything from 0-70 is a win for the stronger character.

Any roll from 0-70 is shown as a 2 star for the stronger fighter. 70-90 should be a 3* win for the weaker fighter, and then 91-100 is gold stars. This is only an example, so obviously the numbers might be different.

It really does feel like there is a 50/50 chance to succeed or fail, nothing else. And we need some transparency here. For the record, I've had a wonderful night full of 3 stars, but last night was awful. Not everyone will be as forgiving as I am.

Three stars = Gold stars in fights thou. Only accuracy where gold stars does any difference in the outcome ^^. The problem with your example is that the older characters will have such an advantage by just being old. That is why randomness is in the game from the beginning The problem with randomness is that you can't control it. The best randomness system for this game would be. If A and B in an action is to difficult the decide, flip a coin. But that is very difficult to get a system that is designed that well where your moves and decisions influences the outcome. Randomness is an easy and bad implementation in this sort of game.

Wickerbasket
#27 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2015 11:58:44 PM

Not sure what older characters has anything to do with my example, the strongest fighter could be a younger player positioned well there. It's purely an example. Also, not sure what you mean about gold stars.

The point I'm trying to make is that it seems to be exactly like a coin flip atm. If a goalkeeper has a 90% chance of saving a shot, he shouldn't then have a 25% chance of getting a 1*/red star is the point I'm trying to make.
Proud to be Goalkeeper, Left Side Defender, Right Side Defender, Central Defender, Left Central Defender, Right Central Defender, Left Central Midfielder, Central Midfielder, Right Central Midfielder, Left Forward, Right Forward and Manager of Team Basket Academy

thegreenwoods wrote:
AoG90
#28 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2015 3:13:41 AM

Wickerbasket wrote:
Not sure what older characters has anything to do with my example, the strongest fighter could be a younger player positioned well there. It's purely an example. Also, not sure what you mean about gold stars.

The point I'm trying to make is that it seems to be exactly like a coin flip atm. If a goalkeeper has a 90% chance of saving a shot, he shouldn't then have a 25% chance of getting a 1*/red star is the point I'm trying to make.

You wrote the stats to give % of chance, so I misunderstood that for attributes hence older > younger.

I see what you are saying. But your way of doing it needs to make sure that those 90% is calculated in a fair way between decision making and attributes. If the Admins found that then there is no point in randomness at all. But you as a designer might still want that bit of surprise, then your way of doing it is a good/better way. Otherwise the way it is now is the most fair system, because now everyone gets screwed in the ass Flapper Me personally want randomness gone from everything that isn't accuracy based.

About stars:
3 gold stars fight = 3 star fight > 2 star fight > 1 star fight = 1 red star fight
3 gold star pass > 3 star pass > 2 star pass > 1 star pass > 1 red star pass

bavarac_Vinnie
#29 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2015 3:46:39 AM

You officially announced changes after "adjustment" is closed/
How nice is that.
I think we need adjustment page to be open again for a couple of days based on all those changes. That is at least you can do for us, If you don't wanna give us free adjustments.

Mini Miudo
#30 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2015 10:13:40 AM

AoG90 wrote:
3 gold stars fight = 3 star fight > 2 star fight > 1 star fight = 1 red star fight

A 3 gold star fight means you had less than 5% chance of winning it, whereas a 3 star fight means you had somewhere between 5% and 50% chance of winning it, so it's not the same.
Silent Assassins FC
1x England Champions (S30)
10. Mini Cristiano Ronaldo - CF // 7. Mini Ricardo Quaresma - SM // 21. Mini Mauro Zárate - CF

Northern Assassins FC
7x Italy/Ireland Champions (S21, S23, S25, S26, S27, S28, S31), 1x UFCL Winners (S23)
1. Mini Rui Patrício - GK // 7. Mini Dries Mertens - SM // 24. Mini Alessandro Florenzi - SD

Titles: 7x Italy/Ireland Champion, 5x Sweden/Serbia Champion, 4x England Champion, 3x WC Winner, 2x France Champion, 2x UFCL Winner
World Awards: 4x Forward of the Year, 4x Golden Assist, 3x Golden Boot, 3x Golden Technique, 2x Golden Pass, 1x Midfielder of the Year, 1x Defender of the Year, 1x Keeper of the Year

feelow
#31 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2015 11:16:02 AM

Mini Miudo wrote:
AoG90 wrote:

A 3 gold star fight means you had less than 5% chance of winning it, whereas a 3 star fight means you had somewhere between 5% and 50% chance of winning it, so it's not the same.

az for effect iz tha same and as kalle post in half actions (tackle/dribble-ffb) em just an odd

but jep stars hate user awesomeness and dat iz wrong

skip gold/reds remove em action influence and implement em % in amount of 2**s % appearance
Elboludo
#32 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2015 11:34:09 AM

Wickerbasket wrote:

FOOK YOU JAMES!! FOOK YOU!!! Laugh Out Loud
<22:59:08> "kwanzi"
: ha ha, well, at leats i can declare my love to you here

FID experience summed up:
ethernaldreams
#33 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2015 9:11:04 PM

Will retire all goalkeepers from my acc, you ended to ruin the position... still all ppl get 4 bars with 0 shooting and specials do nothing now ... keeper position? what a joke, shoot goes near to the dot and I eat with 2*.

Clap admins, create a keeper and play before ruin, I know that you don't have a shucksing keeper.
Retired

AoG90
#34 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2015 9:17:35 PM

Take a look at this goal (turn #138): http://footballidentity.com/Bas...FReplay.aspx?game=501818

4 bar hard shot, right at goalkeeper using 5* Superman but a 2* failed punch!! Good thing the goal didn't mean anything for the end result. Wall

ethernaldreams
#35 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2015 9:23:09 PM

Remove the poopiesty tweak now, you don't know nothing about the position. Create a 18yo slot, play a league and start to learn what problems have in a normal match, not a dev one.
Retired

bavarac_Vinnie
#36 Posted : Saturday, August 01, 2015 6:35:09 PM

We need adjustment page to be open again during the season because those tweaks are released too late. This is not good.

AoG90
#37 Posted : Friday, August 07, 2015 10:50:07 PM

1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star

No it's not me spamming. I'm just repeating what the match engine keeps telling me. Seriously something is off with the randomness. It's way worse than it was last season and last season wasn't good enough either.

Wickerbasket
#38 Posted : Friday, August 07, 2015 10:53:32 PM

I don't think they've changed it, just that it now shows you when you actually perform worse than you were meant to - that's what is off. It is far too common for your player to suck.

thegreenwoods wrote:
bluelightning
#39 Posted : Saturday, August 08, 2015 10:01:07 AM

AoG90 wrote:
1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star 1* star

No it's not me spamming. I'm just repeating what the match engine keeps telling me. Seriously something is off with the randomness. It's way worse than it was last season and last season wasn't good enough either.

I think i got like 2 1* fights and 2 1* shots with 2 red star passes in my last game. didnt see anything overly wrong with it. Maybe the ME is going "its time to sort these Swede's out!"Flapper
Simodium
#40 Posted : Saturday, August 08, 2015 12:18:48 PM

FIDAdmin1 wrote:

5. Curving
Curving will now be considerably more important when it comes to deciding the quality of passes.

Turn #90: 4 bars pass by #70, less than 20 curving.
I would expect 2 bars in normal circumstances, 3 bars with exceptional luck.

I also got an idea on how to make one touch more worthwhile too.
By watching real football, one may realize that sometimes footballers can only one touch in order to interact with the ball, often due to ball travelling too fast or difficult to interact in general.

Hence my idea to make pass quality affect reception in a way that it becomes harder to stop the ball, especially in the early part of reception, while is less likely to slip when interacting through one touch. All of this depending on quality of the pass and receving attributes of course.

To sum up:
- shorter (less powerful) passes, better quality expected. Longer (powerful) passes, worse quality expected
- curving heavily affects quality (I would reduce random to minimum)
- quality passes easy to receive (stop), poor quality passes hard to receive
- any pass easier to interact through one touch, especially in the early part of long trajectories (the later one interacts, the higher chance of succeeding receive).
It can be a good way to determine whether a player has proper receiving skills, since a missing reception (instead of a rebound) means that it was really hard for the target to stop the ball, in those conditions.

On top of this, I would also add the eventuality of a rebound instead of a missed reception: in few words, if a player attempts to receive (stop) a pass, and the reception fails, either he misses the ball completely (like it happens nowadays) or a rebound happens, that is the ball bounces from the point of interaction and can be interacted again right away by any player.
The rebound should also be consistent with the lenght of trajectory: if the pass trajectory was 10 meters long, the rebound should not be longer than 5 meters (50%).

Another idea, but this is only cosmetic, is to show the bars depending on teams point of view.
Let's say my team is in possession of the ball, a player in my team performs a pass. For all the users in my team, 2 bars are displayed in each own match window, while 4 bars get shown in opponents match window.
This is to reflect the easiness of interaction from teams point of view. But I understand it can be confusing.

Characters in Spoiler

ITALIAN MODERATOR

Please don't try to contact me via in-game chat, I might be afk. Send me a PM instead.
For spam or abuse reports use the proper links at the bottom-right of the incriminated post. Thank you.

Per domande legate alla moderazione non cercatemi nella chat del gioco, piuttosto mandatemi un PM.
Per segnalare spam o post offensivi usate i link appositi in basso a destra del post incriminato. Grazie.

FORUM RULES/GUIDELINES