Welcome Guest Active Topics | Log In

4 Pages 123>»
Match Engine Tweaks released - 2015-07-28 Options
FIDAdmin1
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2015 11:34:08 AM

Head Staff Medal: Medal rewarded for being part of the Head Staff at Footballidentity

We have now released the following tweaks on the regular match engine server:

1. Goalkeeping
- We have made it a bit easier overall to save and punch, but especially for young goalkeepers.
- We have also made the special abilities less efficient.
- Positioning as goalkeeper will be a bit more important than it used to be and also the quality of the shot will be a bit more important.
- You will also see the ball rebounding off goalkeepers more often than before. So you can say that instead of keepers succeeding or failing saves completely, the ball will now more often bounce off them and potentially lead to a goals, corners or rebound chances.

2. Passing
The low passing and the high passing attributes will be more important for the accuracy. The tweak is clearly stronger for low passing compared to high passing, so low passes from poor passers will be less accurate from now on.

3. Movement with Ball
Footballers will move slower when on the ball. The lower ball control the slower the movement with the ball will be. The difference compared to before is not going to be huge, but it will show.

4. Blocking
Blocking will be easier overall and the positioning of the blocker will be more important than before. Trying to hit the ball straight through an opponent will now be much more risky then before and users will have to consider safer pass options (not straight through opponent) or boosting their passing skills (to get higher quality passes).

5. Curving
Curving will now be considerably more important when it comes to deciding the quality of passes.

6. Stars in fight for ball, dribbling and tackling situations
Some time ago we got a lot of feedback that there were too few 2 star situations in Fight for ball and dribble/tackle situations. We therefore increased the range of the stars to show a 2 star even if the user had only 40% chance of winning a fight and won it. This however decreased the value of the information that the star system gives the user and instead it makes people confused ("why did he win that fight with 2 stars when he is clearly not better than me!?" etc). Therefore we have now gone back to how it was originally implemented. A 2 star fight for ball or tackle/dribble situation is now tightly connected to the 50% limit. This means that for fight for ball and dribble/tackle situations the following will be true:

- Winning a fight, dribble or tackle with 2* means you had minimum 50% chance of winning the fight/dribble/tackle
- Losing a fight, dribble or tackle with 2* means you had less than 50% chance of winning the fight/dribble/tackle

We hope that all of these tweaks will add to the experience of playing FID matches!
Help and FAQ

Stay updated by following us on:

...and follow my blog.

See how matches are played in this Youtube Tutorial.
Sponsor  

Mini Miudo
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2015 11:37:22 AM

FIDAdmin1 wrote:
- We have made it a bit easier to save and punch overall but especially for young goalkeepers.

What is this supposed to mean? If your keeper is old it won't be as easy to save shots? lol
Silent Assassins FC
1x England Champions (S30)
10. Mini Cristiano Ronaldo - CF // 7. Mini Ricardo Quaresma - SM // 21. Mini Mauro Zárate - CF

Northern Assassins FC
7x Italy/Ireland Champions (S21, S23, S25, S26, S27, S28, S31), 1x UFCL Winners (S23)
1. Mini Rui Patrício - GK // 7. Mini Dries Mertens - SM // 24. Mini Alessandro Florenzi - SD

Titles: 7x Italy/Ireland Champion, 5x Sweden/Serbia Champion, 4x England Champion, 3x WC Winner, 2x France Champion, 2x UFCL Winner
World Awards: 4x Forward of the Year, 4x Golden Assist, 3x Golden Boot, 3x Golden Technique, 2x Golden Pass, 1x Midfielder of the Year, 1x Defender of the Year, 1x Keeper of the Year

FIDAdmin1
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2015 11:40:35 AM

Head Staff Medal: Medal rewarded for being part of the Head Staff at Footballidentity

Mini Miudo wrote:
FIDAdmin1 wrote:
- We have made it a bit easier to save and punch overall but especially for young goalkeepers.

What is this supposed to mean? If your keeper is old it won't be as easy to save shots? lol

It is a simplification meaning that poorly skilled goalkeepers (which often young ones are) won't have it as tough as they used to. The tweak effects goalkeepers of any skill level but the poorly skilled ones will be effected the most.
Help and FAQ

...and follow my blog.

Wickerbasket
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2015 11:43:40 AM

Think it basically means that stats are more important, especially as specials have been weakened so older goalkeepers should more or less be the same level as they were. They will probably also have a chance to save 4 bar shots when they're out of specials, if they're positioned well.
#3 James Frost - Side Defender of Team Ten
Proud to be Goalkeeper, Left Side Defender, Right Side Defender, Central Defender, Left Central Defender, Right Central Defender, Left Central Midfielder, Central Midfielder, Right Central Midfielder, Left Forward, Right Forward and Manager of Team Basket Academy

thegreenwoods wrote:
I agree with the points made by James.
Mini Miudo
#5 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2015 11:44:10 AM

Alright, thanks.
Silent Assassins FC
10. Mini Cristiano Ronaldo - CF // 7. Mini Ricardo Quaresma - SM // 21. Mini Mauro Zárate - CF

Northern Assassins FC
7x Italy/Ireland Champions (S21, S23, S25, S26, S27, S28, S31), 1x UFCL Winners (S23)
1. Mini Rui Patrício - GK // 7. Mini Dries Mertens - SM // 24. Mini Alessandro Florenzi - SD

Titles: 7x Italy/Ireland Champion, 5x Sweden/Serbia Champion, 4x England Champion, 3x WC Winner, 2x France Champion, 2x UFCL Winner
World Awards: 4x Forward of the Year, 4x Golden Assist, 3x Golden Boot, 3x Golden Technique, 2x Golden Pass, 1x Midfielder of the Year, 1x Defender of the Year, 1x Keeper of the Year

ethernaldreams
#6 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2015 11:51:00 AM

Let's see on the field, probably higher rate of 1* or red stars.
Retired

Wickerbasket
#7 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2015 11:52:19 AM

ethernaldreams wrote:

This is my first instinct too, and going back to the old system - one we all universally agreed did not feel good - I do not feel is a progressive step.
Proud to be Goalkeeper, Left Side Defender, Right Side Defender, Central Defender, Left Central Defender, Right Central Defender, Left Central Midfielder, Central Midfielder, Right Central Midfielder, Left Forward, Right Forward and Manager of Team Basket Academy

thegreenwoods wrote:
ethernaldreams
#8 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2015 12:03:56 PM

I know that ADMINS are not interested in that, they have some alternative preferences or interests which they consider more important... like matches with goals. If you fix goalkeeping there are less goals and we will have so many cryers on the forum saying: "Keepers are so OP, pl0x fix or I rage quit".

History, however, shows us that this is the case
Retired

FIDAdmin1
#9 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2015 12:07:37 PM

Wickerbasket wrote:
ethernaldreams wrote:

This is my first instinct too, and going back to the old system - one we all universally agreed did not feel good - I do not feel is a progressive step.

I should probably make very clear that this change related to Stars:

is a display change only. It will NOT affect the outcome of any situation, it will only display stars differently.

So if we find that this change isn't working out we can always change it again since it will not have any major effect on actual game play or match results. It is a tricky one to find the balance between the psychological experience of getting more 1 stars and the informative side of the star system.
Help and FAQ

...and follow my blog.

Mini Miudo
#10 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2015 12:23:04 PM

People with 40% chance of succeeding getting a 2* and winning is definitely not right, so it's a good change. There will probably be more 1*s (although the situations will be exactly the same, just different display) which will frustrate people, but I'd rather have it that way (I know I did alright, just got unlucky) than having it so that I lose with 2*s when I had over 50% chance of winning (otherwise I'll think I did poorly when I may not have).
Silent Assassins FC

Northern Assassins FC

Neuromancer1
#11 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2015 12:30:21 PM

FIDAdmin1 wrote:

- You will also see the ball rebounding off goalkeepers more often than before.

Laugh Out Loud Laugh Out Loud Laugh Out Loud Laugh Out Loud Laugh Out Loud Laugh Out Loud Laugh Out Loud

Thats all my old keeper used to do even with all related stats to prevent that from happening as often were pretty much max.

Have fun keepers, Giroud is gonna prowl for them rebounds. Dance Shhh

feelow
#12 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2015 12:31:39 PM

FIDAdmin1 wrote:
Wickerbasket wrote:
ethernaldreams wrote:

I should probably make very clear that this change related to Stars:

is a display change only. It will NOT affect the outcome of any situation, it will only display stars differently.

So if we find that this change isn't working out we can always change it again since it will not have any major effect on actual game play or match results. It is a tricky one to find the balance between the psychological experience of getting more 1 stars and the informative side of the star system.

so ya separated it on ffb and tackle/dribble from pass/shot/saves....?

that means rest actions stay out of the oldold star system ?

or we back totally to luck?
Wickerbasket
#13 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2015 12:32:49 PM

FIDAdmin1 wrote:

Actually it's incredibly easy to combat - log the stars users get so they can see them.

thegreenwoods wrote:
ethernaldreams
#14 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2015 12:47:39 PM

Wickerbasket wrote:
FIDAdmin1 wrote:

Actually it's incredibly easy to combat - log the stars users get so they can see them.

We are calling about this 2 years.
Retired

ethernaldreams
#15 Posted : Tuesday, July 28, 2015 9:21:08 PM

Starting the league with yellow/orange helps a lot to the keepers. Ruining the position since start.
Retired

feelow
#16 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2015 10:14:41 AM

tha amount of 1star passes shows no need tweak curv-pass-visi or whatever

more blue dots and more the ball change legs makes game actionable and faster but no when that based on stars luck

so

readjust stars
-GGib-
#17 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2015 8:42:18 PM

Moderator: Medal received for taking part in Footballidentity's Moderator team

Yay, more rebounds on saves! 1 bar controlled shot, keeper tries to save and the rebound goes to our own goal. Keeper punches the rebound and it also goes into our goal. Big yay for the new tweaks! Dance

Oh yeah, the blocks are gonna be really dsigusting. Sick

Global Moderator
Please send me messages via PM rather than chat, as I may not see them.

Help/Support Procedure & Reporting Cheaters

Uute Mängijate Juhendamiskeskus

Neuromancer1
#18 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2015 8:42:33 PM

Neuromancer1 wrote:
FIDAdmin1 wrote:

- You will also see the ball rebounding off goalkeepers more often than before.

Laugh Out Loud Laugh Out Loud Laugh Out Loud Laugh Out Loud Laugh Out Loud Laugh Out Loud Laugh Out Loud

Thats all my old keeper used to do even with all related stats to prevent that from happening as often were pretty much max.

Have fun keepers, Giroud is gonna prowl for them rebounds. Dance Shhh

Yep, Save goes into net, punchedgoes back into the net again, gg admins gg.

Mind you bad positioning by gk in the first place but still that does not balance that bullpoopies out.

Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance Dance

Also that star balance thing, seems to be showing how 'random' it is too many high percentages of 'bad luck' situations.

Wickerbasket
#19 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2015 8:44:48 PM

-GGib- wrote:
Yay, more rebounds on saves! 2 bar controlled shot, keeper tries to save and the rebound goes to our own goal. Keeper punches the rebound and it also goes into our goal. Big yay for the new tweaks! Dance

1 bar, wasn't it? =z

thegreenwoods wrote:
-GGib-
#20 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2015 8:46:37 PM

Moderator: Medal received for taking part in Footballidentity's Moderator team

Wickerbasket wrote:
-GGib- wrote:
Yay, more rebounds on saves! 2 bar controlled shot, keeper tries to save and the rebound goes to our own goal. Keeper punches the rebound and it also goes into our goal. Big yay for the new tweaks! Dance

1 bar, wasn't it? =z

Oh, could have been yeah. Laugh Out Loud

Global Moderator
Please send me messages via PM rather than chat, as I may not see them.

Help/Support Procedure & Reporting Cheaters

Uute Mängijate Juhendamiskeskus