Welcome Guest Active Topics | Log In

4 Pages <1234>
Upcoming Release - Amateur Leagues Options
AEKWazzaa
#21 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2015 3:08:22 PM

Yea, James. He is right!
I agree with him.
I am a user that pays for Fid points and have many slots.
So a user that can play in "pro" leagues with high competitism why he should make a manager to try teach new guys?
That's my opinion and is really close to what Sizz said.
Only expressing my thoughts! ^_^
Simodium
#22 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2015 4:00:27 PM

AEKWazzaa wrote:
Yea, James. He is right!
I agree with him.
So a user that can play in "pro" leagues with high competitism why he should make a manager to try teach new guys?

Because, by signing users and let them play, they get more than enough credits to have them slot refunded.

Characters in Spoiler

ITALIAN MODERATOR

Please don't try to contact me via in-game chat, I might be afk. Send me a PM instead.
For spam or abuse reports use the proper links at the bottom-right of the incriminated post. Thank you.

Per domande legate alla moderazione non cercatemi nella chat del gioco, piuttosto mandatemi un PM.
Per segnalare spam o post offensivi usate i link appositi in basso a destra del post incriminato. Grazie.

FORUM RULES/GUIDELINES

Wickerbasket
#23 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2015 6:57:05 PM

FIDAdmin1 wrote:
So we have been working very hard on a new feature that we hope will have a great impact on new user retention on FID. The new feature is called Amateur Leagues and we hope to have it released within a week.

Some things however, do not change Flapper
#3 James Frost - Side Defender of Team Ten
Proud to be Goalkeeper, Left Side Defender, Right Side Defender, Central Defender, Left Central Defender, Right Central Defender, Left Central Midfielder, Central Midfielder, Right Central Midfielder, Left Forward, Right Forward and Manager of Team Basket Academy

thegreenwoods wrote:
I agree with the points made by James.
Sizz
#24 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2015 7:52:56 PM

Simodium wrote:
AEKWazzaa wrote:
Yea, James. He is right!
I agree with him.

Because, by signing users and let them play, they get more than enough credits to have them slot refunded.

Better to get more people manging in the amatuer league, than having just people willing to pay the credits.
If a user takes a free manager slot it should of be for the amatuer league only, they can't use it outside, unless they pay.
If the user does nothing to build a team, what is lost? Maybe a spot someone else could of had, but I'm sure their will be ample places.
If the user gets 20 new users into the game and gets credits for himself, everyones a winner.

I'll go out on a limb here and say this will have flopped on it's face by the end of the year. It might start off promising with some users jumping in to get a feel but that will dwindle. The more managers the better imo.
Magnus Alerio #1 - Former ICFC Goalkeeper - Season 18 - 37% 1 Stars Saves - Retired

Magnus Magnusson #18 - CF - Retired

Ultra Magnus - Puckoon Manager - Retired
MAGGIE's Mad Paint Skillz 2k13

Why does a team need 5 CD's?

U A MOD BRO??????!!!!!!!!!
vercetti
#25 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2015 8:11:07 PM

Moderator: Medal received for taking part in Footballidentity's Moderator team

Would I pay for a slot to manage an amateur team, with the potential to earn FID credits?
No

Would I create a manager if I was offered 350 FIDC, with the potential to earn even more based on activity?
No

Would I dedicate time to an amateur team if I was given an empty slot where all I could create is an amateur manager?
Probably
Wickerbasket
#26 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2015 8:14:39 PM

Sizz wrote:

What if they don't have credits and are too cheap to buy them?
It's not competitive as the Admin has stated, so why should people pay?
The players can leave whenever they want, so it will be a constant grind to have new players coming in all the time, not very fun imo.

If one manager get's 11 users to a decent level and they end up playing this game for a couple of season and let's say 4 decide to buy more slots, SP etc, that's revenue for the admins. Giving free amatuer league slots away could increase their revenue, it's a smart business move. I can't see any downside to it.

Don't misunderstand my intentions here, because it is hard to argue against your logic from a business mind set. The reason we differ is because the players are automatically thrown into your squad, so you don't even have to find them. Because of that, your job as a manager is significantly easier than other jobs, AND the rewards are significantly higher because you're dealing solely with new users. I don't think you need a free slot on top of that, it's just pure greed.
Proud to be Goalkeeper, Left Side Defender, Right Side Defender, Central Defender, Left Central Defender, Right Central Defender, Left Central Midfielder, Central Midfielder, Right Central Midfielder, Left Forward, Right Forward and Manager of Team Basket Academy

thegreenwoods wrote:
Mini Miudo
#27 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2015 8:37:30 PM

Wickerbasket wrote:
I don't think you need a free slot on top of that, it's just pure greed.

It's not really. What if the players assigned to your team never even show up at all? You might get unlucky with the people you get and then you're not able to make many credits.

Personally I'm on the same bot as Sizz and V on this one - I might give it a go if we got the chance to do it for free, but if I have to pay then I won't go anywhere near it.
Silent Assassins FC
1x England Champions (S30)
10. Mini Cristiano Ronaldo - CF // 7. Mini Ricardo Quaresma - SM // 21. Mini Mauro Zárate - CF

Northern Assassins FC
7x Italy/Ireland Champions (S21, S23, S25, S26, S27, S28, S31), 1x UFCL Winners (S23)
1. Mini Rui Patrício - GK // 7. Mini Dries Mertens - SM // 24. Mini Alessandro Florenzi - SD

Titles: 7x Italy/Ireland Champion, 5x Sweden/Serbia Champion, 4x England Champion, 3x WC Winner, 2x France Champion, 2x UFCL Winner
World Awards: 4x Forward of the Year, 4x Golden Assist, 3x Golden Boot, 3x Golden Technique, 2x Golden Pass, 1x Midfielder of the Year, 1x Defender of the Year, 1x Keeper of the Year

Wickerbasket
#28 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2015 8:49:51 PM

Mini Miudo wrote:
Wickerbasket wrote:

It's not really. What if the players assigned to your team never even show up at all? You might get unlucky with the people you get and then you're not able to make many credits.

Personally I'm on the same bot as Sizz and V on this one - I might give it a go if we got the chance to do it for free, but if I have to pay then I won't go anywhere near it.

I suppose a 350 credit starter fund would make sense, from the IFIDA or something if several people feel like yourself, Vercetti and Sizz. For me, it's no issue - but I understand that I may not have the majority of the opinion here, and if 350 credits makes the difference it shouldn't matter really given the points Sizz has made about cause and effect.

thegreenwoods wrote:
Sizz
#29 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2015 9:16:03 PM

Wickerbasket wrote:

Don't misunderstand my intentions here, because it is hard to argue against your logic from a business mind set. The reason we differ is because the players are automatically thrown into your squad, so you don't even have to find them. Because of that, your job as a manager is significantly easier than other jobs, AND the rewards are significantly higher because you're dealing solely with new users. I don't think you need a free slot on top of that, it's just pure greed.

It's definitely easier than the traditional way of starting a new team, but then again the team will make little progress as new users will come in and out. So I'd say players will be quickly picked up by other teams, could be good for a feeder team.

If the slot was solely just for the amatuer leagues, I don't see it as an issue, everyone wins, maybe the admins even more if it's successful. I'd like to see a trial run at least, 1/2/3 months free, then you have to pay. Would get managers into the feature straight away and maybe they'll continue if they are making credits or enjoying it.
Magnus Alerio #1 - Former ICFC Goalkeeper - Season 18 - 37% 1 Stars Saves - Retired

Magnus Magnusson #18 - CF - Retired

Ultra Magnus - Puckoon Manager - Retired
MAGGIE's Mad Paint Skillz 2k13

Why does a team need 5 CD's?

U A MOD BRO??????!!!!!!!!!
Simodium
#30 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2015 10:02:55 PM

Mini Miudo wrote:
Wickerbasket wrote:

Amateur leagues, as the name says, are not meant to be competitive.
Their main purpose is to host the new users and let them play as soon as possible. Period.

Why would you want to "manage" an amateur team, while you could just create a manager, monitor the most active users in amateur leagues and bring them in your own (regular) team, with high chance of earning a thousand of credits?

Characters in Spoiler

ITALIAN MODERATOR

Please don't try to contact me via in-game chat, I might be afk. Send me a PM instead.
For spam or abuse reports use the proper links at the bottom-right of the incriminated post. Thank you.

Per domande legate alla moderazione non cercatemi nella chat del gioco, piuttosto mandatemi un PM.
Per segnalare spam o post offensivi usate i link appositi in basso a destra del post incriminato. Grazie.

FORUM RULES/GUIDELINES

Mini Miudo
#31 Posted : Wednesday, July 15, 2015 12:14:25 AM

Simodium wrote:
Mini Miudo wrote:
Wickerbasket wrote:

Their main purpose is to host the new users and let them play as soon as possible. Period.

Why would you want to "manage" an amateur team, while you could just create a manager, monitor the most active users in amateur leagues and bring them in your own (regular) team, with high chance of earning a thousand of credits?

Because I'm not really interested in being a manager and putting effort into it. I don't see many people paying to manage in a "non competitive" league, that's why I think slots should be free.
Silent Assassins FC
10. Mini Cristiano Ronaldo - CF // 7. Mini Ricardo Quaresma - SM // 21. Mini Mauro Zárate - CF

Northern Assassins FC
7x Italy/Ireland Champions (S21, S23, S25, S26, S27, S28, S31), 1x UFCL Winners (S23)
1. Mini Rui Patrício - GK // 7. Mini Dries Mertens - SM // 24. Mini Alessandro Florenzi - SD

Titles: 7x Italy/Ireland Champion, 5x Sweden/Serbia Champion, 4x England Champion, 3x WC Winner, 2x France Champion, 2x UFCL Winner
World Awards: 4x Forward of the Year, 4x Golden Assist, 3x Golden Boot, 3x Golden Technique, 2x Golden Pass, 1x Midfielder of the Year, 1x Defender of the Year, 1x Keeper of the Year

Simodium
#32 Posted : Wednesday, July 15, 2015 1:34:29 PM

Mini Miudo wrote:
Simodium wrote:
Mini Miudo wrote:
Wickerbasket wrote:

Because I'm not really interested in being a manager and putting effort into it. I don't see many people paying to manage in a "non competitive" league, that's why I think slots should be free.

In fact managers are not really needed in amateur leagues.
They are rather needed in professional leagues, especially for those fidas that desperately need to populate their own leagues, and possibly increase own (national) userbase.

Characters in Spoiler

ITALIAN MODERATOR

FORUM RULES/GUIDELINES

Mini Miudo
#33 Posted : Wednesday, July 15, 2015 4:28:25 PM

Simodium wrote:
Mini Miudo wrote:
Simodium wrote:
Mini Miudo wrote:
Wickerbasket wrote:

In fact managers are not really needed in amateur leagues.
They are rather needed in professional leagues, especially for those fidas that desperately need to populate their own leagues, and possibly increase own (national) userbase.

Well... a manager is always useful in case some player appears in the middle of the match and you want to sub him on, because there's a *big* chance the captain won't be there.
Silent Assassins FC

Northern Assassins FC

Simodium
#34 Posted : Wednesday, July 15, 2015 6:42:56 PM

Mini Miudo wrote:
Well... a manager is always useful in case some player appears in the middle of the match and you want to sub him on, because there's a *big* chance the captain won't be there.

True.
However, the system is designed so that the captain is more likely to be present than a user that did not get enough udp despite being more than 3 days old.
I suppose they first wanna see how the system works in the beginning, before giving away manager slots

Characters in Spoiler

ITALIAN MODERATOR

FORUM RULES/GUIDELINES

AEKWazzaa
#35 Posted : Thursday, July 16, 2015 7:08:00 PM

I totally agree with Mini.
Let's see how it works, but in my opinion (as I already said) some changes should be done.
mata
#36 Posted : Friday, July 17, 2015 4:13:59 PM

All footballers from a team are set on the bench but is the number of substitutions still locked at three?
Renanzinho123
#37 Posted : Saturday, July 18, 2015 5:03:42 AM

I've been following the discussion.

Agree with the guys who said we need a tutorial. Principally if the team has no manager.

Second, the AL does not make scense if football identity hasn't a good divulgation, admins should invest in this point, make people know FID.

About free slot for manager role, this new tool on FID is good for everybody, anyone knows fid needs urgently new users. It will be good for community, for teams, leagues, NT, NFIDAS.

NFIDA always gives 350 credits for a manager take a team and start it by 0, I already seen in this topic, you saying create a team in AL will be easier than regular leagues, so why NFIDA couldn't give 350 credits for manager? If the manager makes a nice job, he never more need to pay for renew his slot and probably will recieve rewards for renew other slots.

The reward for each match is good enough, don't think it's fair we recieve also the slot.

Who moves the community is us, if we are not focused on making this new "era" work, independent recieving slot or not, it probably fail.
NFIDA BR PRESIDENT (3X)

FIRST CFIDA AMERICA PRESIDENT

BRASIL ELITE CREATOR (SINCE SEASON 5)

Jowie
#38 Posted : Saturday, July 18, 2015 7:31:17 PM

I have a project where i try to offer a team to new players and old players that return to game, where they can learn. I like the idea of amateur leagues.

So, if i want to make a new manager to have a "Team B" with 18 years old boys, and pass them to the other team where they are 19 (an active)... where i can see the table of all amateur leagues?

I say, if my actually team play Wed & Sun at 23.10, i like to take a team these days and 22.00... How can i see that?
Bienaventurados los que no tienen nada que decir... y resisten la tentación de decirlo
---
---
hellboy777
#39 Posted : Sunday, July 19, 2015 9:54:03 AM

Everything sounds very interesting .. there is only one but:
1. FID too little promoted on other websites.
2. New players (but not only them) need clear information which attributes and how they interact to facilitate young player to build from the beginning of the character you will be able to play and fight with experienced users.
3. There is still no clearly defined information as is done journalist promotion to higher ranks (range newspapers) and it was good that the journalist for his article also getting a salary that will allow to maintain its activity and thus revive this component of the game ...

My characters :

My Team

National teams :

Simodium
#40 Posted : Sunday, July 19, 2015 1:04:53 PM

hellboy777 wrote:
Everything sounds very interesting .. there is only one but:
1. FID too little promoted on other websites.
2. New players (but not only them) need clear information which attributes and how they interact to facilitate young player to build from the beginning of the character you will be able to play and fight with experienced users.
3. There is still no clearly defined information as is done journalist promotion to higher ranks (range newspapers) and it was good that the journalist for his article also getting a salary that will allow to maintain its activity and thus revive this component of the game ...

1. It's a strategy: first see if the new system works as intended. If numbers are good, and all is ready to welcome a big stream of users, then they can proceed with proper advertisement (that otherwise would be wasted)
2. That's almost indifferent. Besides that even if you provide enough information, it's not granted that they will get it, what matters is that they stay active. All they can learn they will through the managers that will hire them in a team.

Characters in Spoiler

ITALIAN MODERATOR

FORUM RULES/GUIDELINES