Welcome Guest Active Topics | Log In


4 Pages 123>»
Upcoming Release - Amateur Leagues Options
FIDAdmin1
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 07, 2015 10:43:22 PM



Head Staff Medal: Medal rewarded for being part of the Head Staff at Footballidentity

Rank: Administration
Joined: 4/1/2009
Posts: 7,240
Points: 16,836
Location: Malmö
So we have been working very hard on a new feature that we hope will have a great impact on new user retention on FID. The new feature is called Amateur Leagues and we hope to have it released within a week.

1. The current problem

Before I start describing the feature more in detail it is important to understand the problems we are currently facing on FID. The main problem can be summarized like this:

The current system does not allow Footballidentity to grow

Currently new users are fully dependent on Trial Contracts. If there are no available trial contracts for a specific player at a specific preferred match time then that player will be lost forever. This is currently a huge problem as the availability of trial contracts is going up and down, and is fully decided by the need and interest from teams/managers out there. We see that way too many (around 80%!) of the new users that are coming through the door, don't even find their way to their first team. This of course means that those users are already "dead". There's no way they will ever become active in FID if they don't even find a team. This means that if 100 new users were to arrive on a given day then only 20 of them would sign with a team. Out of those 20 not everyone will play in their first match and of course not all of them will become active. Active users are lost at every "step" in FID and losing 80% already at the step where you sign with a team is WAY TOO MANY and it decreases the amount of users that become active severely.

Now, let's also picture another scenario. Let's say that we invest in marketing or find a partnership with a big football site or whatever. Now, let's say that because of this thousands of users would arrive during a day. The amount of available trial contracts would decrease rapidly as trial contracts were signed and in just a matter of hours almost all trial contracts (maybe some country specific ones would still be open) would be closed. This would just bring new users into the game with nowhere to go with their footballers and it would be impossible for FID to grow rapidly.

These problems described above is why we are soon releasing something we call Amateur Leagues...

2. Amateur Leagues in General

It is important to understand that Amateur Leagues is very different to regular leagues. Amateur leagues is not meant to be competitive, they are just meant to be:

- A first step for new users to get to know FID
- A place optimized for activity and interesting first experience (age capped)
- A place where activity can root and grow into new regular leagues in the same time zone

I repeat, the amateur leagues is in no way meant to be competitive competitions. They are meant to give new users a good first experience of playing FID before they take the step into the regular leagues.

3. Amateur league functionality

- Amateur leagues will look very similar to regular leagues. The main visual difference is that they are connected to CFIDA's instead of countries.
- There will be a lot of amateur leagues created. Most likely there will be an amateur league kicking off with 1,5 hour between them every day of the week.

4. Amateur teams

Amateur teams (teams in amateur leagues) will have some major differences compared to regular teams:

- Amateur teams can host more than 22 footballers (they can host as many as 40 footballers but the limit is depending on the activity in the team)
- Inactive footballers/users will get thrown out of amateur teams early (there will be a high user turnover in amateur teams).
- Managers of Amateur teams can not sign contracts with footballers (footballers can only be allocated to an amateur team by the system).
- There will be no out of position penalty in Amateur League matches.
- There will be an automatic lineup feature that picks the starting eleven in Amateur League matches.
- All footballers of a team will be sent to the match (11 footballers on field and rest of the team footballers will be on the bench) in amateur league matches.
- If a team does not have both managers (team manager and assistant manager) employed the captain of a specific match can access the Match in a separate window with manager control (control bots and perform substitutions etc) during that match.

4.1 Automatic Lineup

Every upcoming match will have the automatic lineup feature turned ON. This feature initiates 15-20 minutes before kickoff and selects the starting 11 based on the following parameters:

- Footballer's signup for the match
- UDP from last match where they didn't signup with NO (only matches from last 20 days counts)
- Latest login time (the closer to kickoff you've logged in the higher the chance you get picked).
- If user was created during the last 3 days
- Main position

The system calculates a lineup factor for each footballer of the team and allocates them to the field positions. The system will take into consideration the footballer's main position but footballers with highest lineup factor will get put on the pitch in a foreign position even if there is another footballer with that position as main position (this since Amateur Leagues don't have out of position penalty). Once all positions are taken then the rest of the footballers is added to the bench when match initiates for kickoff.

The footballer with the highest lineup factor (most likely to be active) will be appointed captain for the match.

Managers of Amateur Teams can chose to turn the Auto Lineup off but most do so before every new upcoming match by clicking the AUTO button next to the match link (the button will then change to say "Manual" instead):



4.2 Captain with manager control



After a match has started the captain will see the above button if his team does not have both team and assistant manager appointed. Clicking the captain button will open the Match Interface in a new browser window in which the captain can perform substitutions and control bots (also without Supporter Pass). Hopefully this feature will help getting activity in Amateur League matches as the most likely active footballer will have a chance of substituting in other footballers (that might have forgotten to sign up or similar).

5. How do footballers get sent into Amateur teams?

One of the key aspects to the whole Amateur League system is how we allocate new footballers to amateur leagues and teams. The way that this will work is that every new footballer that is created will get sent into an amateur team. When the user is finalizing the footballer creation the following popup will appear:


User is asked to select which match days that would be suitable to play on. Once user has made a selection the following section will appear in the popup:


Here the user is asked to decide what time period is suitable to play in. Dragging the two sliders will change the result of available match times:


Now, the system shows the most active match time (league) of the selected match day combination but the user can chose whatever match time he or she feel is most suitable. As mentioned above there will be a lot of amateur leagues laid out with 1,5 hour interval and the slider will be limited to at least 3 hour periods, so there will always be at least one match time to chose for all users.

When user clicks NEXT the footballer is created and a contract is created with the most active amateur team in the selected amateur league:


The team is selected based on UDP from last match and the contract is set to expire this season +1, meaning that a footballer can be 19 years old and still play in an amateur league (but only 18 year olds can be signed to amateur leagues).

Amateur League contracts are set to 100.000 meaning that footballers in amateur leagues will get max salary (and max training) until they turn 19. If they still want to stay with their Amateur Team after they've turned 19 they need to accept training on a salary that is less than max for their age (or they can go and try to find a regular team to play for which pays max salary).

6. How can footballers leave Amateur teams?

- A footballer in an amateur league can at any time sign a trial contract with a regular team
- A footballer in an amateur league can at any time sign a contract offer from a regular team (managers of regular teams can send contract offers directly to footballers in amateur leagues (no transfer required)).
- A footballer can at any time terminate a contract with an amateur league and become free agent
- A footballer will be fired from an amateur league if he or she doesn't login for a few days and hasn't been active in a match recently.
- A footballer will be fired from an amateur league when his/hers contract expires.

If a footballer is fired from an amateur team due to inactivity and user later logs in, the user will get a question if he or she would like to join with an amateur league once again. Also, footballers that are 18 years old and free agent will always have a link saying "Join Amateur League" on their character space, which will open up the popup displayed above.

7. Summarizing Amateur Leagues

Hopefully Amateur Leagues will allow Footballidentity to grow once again. We hope that amateur leagues will be a great way to give new users options and ability to decide their first "home" based on what's suitable for them when it comes to match times. Amateur Leagues is aimed to become a place where new users and young footballers can play against similarly skilled users/footballers and get a great first active experience of Footballidentity.

Hopefully activity will form an grow in the different amateur leagues and by monitoring and evaluating the activity levels in these leagues we can identify which match days and match times that may need a new regular league to meet the demand from the 18-19 year old footballers that are about to come out of amateur leagues for an upcoming season.

One thing is for sure, this new feature will greatly decrease the amount of users that never get a team (currently 80%). Of course some users will never even create their first footballer but they are few and we believe that this is a huge step towards increased user retention ratio that will allow us to market the game once again.

Help and FAQ

Stay updated by following us on:



...and follow my blog.

See how matches are played in this Youtube Tutorial.
Sponsor  
 

Wickerbasket
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 07, 2015 10:55:06 PM





Rank: Senior Master
Joined: 2/3/2010
Posts: 9,467
Points: 39,883
Location: Grantham
Actually... yeah, this looks pretty sweet. Have no idea where you came up with the idea for such a magnificent idea, maybe it was posted in the IFIDA about a year ago or so... who knows! ;) ;) ;)

But yeah, this is actually a really good thing and it looks clear and concise and has all the important hallmarks. Tutorial is still required, but this is a very good building block. Going to put a GM note on my account so that when it's dropped, I can make a multi-account and actually try it out.
#3 James Frost - Side Defender of Team Ten
Proud to be Goalkeeper, Left Side Defender, Right Side Defender, Central Defender, Left Central Defender, Right Central Defender, Left Central Midfielder, Central Midfielder, Right Central Midfielder, Left Forward, Right Forward and Manager of Team Basket Academy


thegreenwoods wrote:
I agree with the points made by James.
bosko2602
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 07, 2015 11:00:03 PM



Game Master Icon: Medal received for taking part in Footballidentity's Game Master team

Rank: Senior Master
Joined: 3/10/2011
Posts: 6,523
Points: 21,132
Location: Banja Luka
As I understand, if you create new character you will be "throw in" AL insantly. So.. no need for multi Flapper

ps. unlimited bench. Woot We want it on NT Friendlies smiling
Mini Miudo
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 07, 2015 11:01:34 PM





Rank: Senior Master
Joined: 1/30/2010
Posts: 9,814
Points: 34,202
Location: Porto
Doesn't look as bad as I thought it would to be honest. smiling Although it's still not very likely to keep new users interested because they won't have a game as soon as they sign up and they'll be like "this is boring". It'll certainly help a little bit for them to get more games in, though.

Maybe, regarding that problem I posed above, you could just have 1-2 giant ass amateur leagues with a bazillion teams and just have games non stop? As you say, it's not meant to be competitive, it'd just mean that as users sign up, they can instantly get into a game and try out the game! I don't know how it would affect the servers, or if you can do those games in a different server, but maybe someone has an idea to make it better.

And one last thing, I quite like the "Captain" improvement. Seeing as you're developing it anyway, why not implement that just in general? smiling Would be great even in "real" leagues to be able to have the captain do subs, etc. Everyone knows unforeseen circumstances happen in real life and for god knows what reason, both managers and possibly 1-2 players may not be able to make a match. Why not allow the captain to do some subs, if the team has more active people ready to play? You don't need to allow the captain to SP control players in these "real" leagues (you can if you want to), just the subs part would do.

Overall, I'd consider this kind of a pleasant surprise, so well done. Wink
Silent Assassins FC
1x England Champions (S30)
10. Mini Cristiano Ronaldo - CF // 7. Mini Ricardo Quaresma - SM // 21. Mini Mauro Zárate - CF


Northern Assassins FC
7x Italy/Ireland Champions (S21, S23, S25, S26, S27, S28, S31), 1x UFCL Winners (S23)
1. Mini Rui Patrício - GK // 7. Mini Dries Mertens - SM // 24. Mini Alessandro Florenzi - SD



Titles: 7x Italy/Ireland Champion, 5x Sweden/Serbia Champion, 4x England Champion, 3x WC Winner, 2x France Champion, 2x UFCL Winner
World Awards: 4x Forward of the Year, 4x Golden Assist, 3x Golden Boot, 3x Golden Technique, 2x Golden Pass, 1x Midfielder of the Year, 1x Defender of the Year, 1x Keeper of the Year



villeeee
#5 Posted : Tuesday, July 07, 2015 11:06:26 PM



Key User Group: User recieved this medal for taking part in the FID Key User Group (KUG)

Rank: Senior Master
Joined: 11/1/2009
Posts: 7,156
Points: 24,317
It's actually not bad, but without a proper in-game tutorial, it will have a minor impact at best. Priorities in the wrong order.
uyke
#6 Posted : Tuesday, July 07, 2015 11:28:01 PM




Rank: Advanced Member
Joined: 10/15/2010
Posts: 1,692
Points: 4,597
Location: Montevideo
Great idea, love it Love
My dogs:




South American Representative @ International FIDA
Uruguay Representative @ South America Continental FIDA
President @ FIDA URUGUAY | Representative @ FIDA ARGENTINA | Representative @ FIDA GREECE | Representative @ FIDA VENEZUELA

AoG90
#7 Posted : Tuesday, July 07, 2015 11:28:25 PM





Rank: Professional
Joined: 4/14/2010
Posts: 1,159
Points: 6,228
Location: Eksjö
Seeing topic Pray * Please be good Pray

Reading through Woot Applause Love

So yeah, looks very promising. I believe and hope it will have a good effect. It takes a bit of what I talked about in the tweak thread about getting users quickly interactive with the game. What you also are doing is making it much much more clearer how things work. I think it will be less overwhelming for new users. The fact players don't have to try find a team. Now Managers in real teams can find them instead by watching these leagues and activity of players.

One thing now when you showed you can make it work Flapper . Can we have unlimited bench spots in every team in FID? Really no reason why not being able to have 11 players to the bench.

What the heck, you get one more of these Applause


Characterlinks in the Spoiler
Simodium
#8 Posted : Wednesday, July 08, 2015 10:53:23 AM





Rank: Global Moderator
Joined: 11/9/2009
Posts: 5,503
Points: 28,523

I am curious to see the activity of each league, as well as the average activity of users.

I hope users will be given enough info about what they need to do in order to be picked in the starting 11.
Quote:
Every upcoming match will have the automatic lineup feature turned ON. This feature initiates 15-20 minutes before kickoff and selects the starting 11 based on the following parameters:

- Footballer's signup for the match
- UDP from last match where they didn't signup with NO (only matches from last 20 days counts)
- Latest login time (the closer to kickoff you've logged in the higher the chance you get picked).
- If user was created during the last 3 days
- Main position

Are this parameters ordered?
Is the first more important than the second?

And is red signup equal to grey (without any comment)?
In my opinion, signing up red instead of not signing up at all should be rewarded.
For instance, I would put "amount of signups (of any kind) in the last 20 days" as third parameter, between UDP from last match and Latest login time.

Quote:
- Inactive footballers/users will get thrown out of amateur teams early (there will be a high user turnover in amateur teams).
- Managers of Amateur teams can not sign contracts with footballers (footballers can only be allocated to an amateur team by the system).

What happens when the footballer gets thrown out of a team? Does he automatically join another team once he logs back in? Or is he shown the create footballer process again?

Characters in Spoiler

ITALIAN MODERATOR

Please don't try to contact me via in-game chat, I might be afk. Send me a PM instead.
For spam or abuse reports use the proper links at the bottom-right of the incriminated post. Thank you.

Per domande legate alla moderazione non cercatemi nella chat del gioco, piuttosto mandatemi un PM.
Per segnalare spam o post offensivi usate i link appositi in basso a destra del post incriminato. Grazie.

FORUM RULES/GUIDELINES

feelow
#9 Posted : Wednesday, July 08, 2015 11:55:13 AM





Rank: Amateur
Joined: 9/23/2014
Posts: 491
Points: 1,399
FIDAdmin1 wrote:
Currently new users are fully dependent on Trial Contracts. If there are no available trial contracts for a specific player at a specific preferred match time then that player will be lost forever. This is currently a huge problem as the availability of trial contracts is going up and down, and is fully decided by the need and interest from teams/managers out there. We see that way too many (around 80%!) of the new users that are coming through the door, don't even find their way to their first team. This of course means that those users are already "dead". There's no way they will ever become active in FID if they don't even find a team. This means that if 100 new users were to arrive on a given day then only 20 of them would sign with a team. Out of those 20 not everyone will play in their first match and of course not all of them will become active. Active users are lost at every "step" in FID and losing 80% already at the step where you sign with a team is WAY TOO MANY and it decreases the amount of users that become active severely.

Now, let's also picture another scenario. Let's say that we invest in marketing or find a partnership with a big football site or whatever. Now, let's say that because of this thousands of users would arrive during a day. The amount of available trial contracts would decrease rapidly as trial contracts were signed and in just a matter of hours almost all trial contracts (maybe some country specific ones would still be open) would be closed. This would just bring new users into the game with nowhere to go with their footballers and it would be impossible for FID to grow rapidly.

These problems described above is why we are soon releasing something we call Amateur Leagues...


you need mans you cant find em so you cancell em

anyway

idea(cancell mans role) may seems good for the current situation game iz but not for alternative fid runiing parallel to excisting fid but for same fid

again you base yor idea in 2 ifs scenarios(if there no available trials and if there a partneship bring in large users) and you act like current fid iz full active and there no places for new users to join something that isnt true actually iz the opposite many teams/leagues bots/semibots luck users and looking for new! ya can do that idea in current fid and make life of newbies easier so as sign for team without need team have mans but captains act like man and help with lines up and subs formations contarcts....etc but that captain ll knows how all those stuffs work?


game need offer dailly action to newbies not let em alone play a parallel fid and run emself teams when em not even know how use em mouse


tidy up yor excist leagues and when ya find the partner implement this also
FIDAdmin1
#10 Posted : Wednesday, July 08, 2015 12:03:54 PM



Head Staff Medal: Medal rewarded for being part of the Head Staff at Footballidentity

Rank: Administration
Joined: 4/1/2009
Posts: 7,240
Points: 16,836
Location: Malmö
Simodium wrote:

I am curious to see the activity of each league, as well as the average activity of users.

I hope users will be given enough info about what they need to do in order to be picked in the starting 11.
Quote:
Every upcoming match will have the automatic lineup feature turned ON. This feature initiates 15-20 minutes before kickoff and selects the starting 11 based on the following parameters:

- Footballer's signup for the match
- UDP from last match where they didn't signup with NO (only matches from last 20 days counts)
- Latest login time (the closer to kickoff you've logged in the higher the chance you get picked).
- If user was created during the last 3 days
- Main position

Are this parameters ordered?
Is the first more important than the second?

And is red signup equal to grey (without any comment)?
In my opinion, signing up red instead of not signing up at all should be rewarded.
For instance, I would put "amount of signups (of any kind) in the last 20 days" as third parameter, between UDP from last match and Latest login time.

The feature is not so much about "rewarding" users but rather trying to identify who's most likely going to show up for the match. I think that the features that are currently there are going to be enough to get a good starting 11 in many cases and I think we don't have to complicate this further. The way the feature works is that it calculates points (lineup factor) for each footballer. For example if user has signed up YES for match he will get quite many points, if he logged in just 15 minutes ago he will get many more points compared to someone logging in 10 hours ago and so on. So all these parameters are being taken into consideration in the point system (except for Main position which is used in a different way and in relation to distribution of footballer into the 4-4-2 tactic.

Also, you can say that signup = NO is already "rewarded" in a way here because if user did not set Signup = No on his latest match and his footballer had 0% UDP then that will give 0 points in the lineup factor calculation. However, if he had set signup = NO in the latest match then system will look for previous match where user had not signed up with NO, and then perhaps there is a match with 95% UDP there instead which will give the user a very high addition in the lineup factor calculation.

Anyway, I really think this will handle 99,9% of all cases in a good way and if we have amateur teams where there is truly harsh competition for the spots in the starting 11 then we can extend on this later if it shows that it isn't good enough.

Simodium wrote:
Quote:
- Inactive footballers/users will get thrown out of amateur teams early (there will be a high user turnover in amateur teams).
- Managers of Amateur teams can not sign contracts with footballers (footballers can only be allocated to an amateur team by the system).

What happens when the footballer gets thrown out of a team? Does he automatically join another team once he logs back in? Or is he shown the create footballer process again?

As I wrote in #6 in the original post:

Quote:
If a footballer is fired from an amateur team due to inactivity and user later logs in, the user will get a question if he or she would like to join with an amateur league once again. Also, footballers that are 18 years old and free agent will always have a link saying "Join Amateur League" on their character space, which will open up the popup displayed above.
Help and FAQ

Stay updated by following us on:



...and follow my blog.

See how matches are played in this Youtube Tutorial.
bluelightning
#11 Posted : Wednesday, July 08, 2015 2:36:15 PM





Rank: Master
Joined: 3/21/2010
Posts: 4,982
Points: 17,337
Location: Inverness
Not bad but needs to be coupled with a tutorial, maybe have a turn by turn tutorial added prior to them joining the amateur leagues.

2 bus I've spotted, 1 typo and 1 game related. When the char is selecting what days they want to be active, I assume it's meant to be Tuesday's and Fridays rather than Tuesday's and Wednesday?

Second one is, I assume the captain picks the team if EITHER the main or assistant are not appointed rather than both?
rikishiyayo
#12 Posted : Wednesday, July 08, 2015 6:24:37 PM





Rank: Junior
Joined: 9/18/2013
Posts: 103
Points: 315
Oh yeah, i like this. Hope it will work. Applause

Kevan Lannister MAN - Československá Legie

Jožko Vajda SD - Československá Legie

Arthur Dayne WF - The Panthers

Ramsay Bolton CM - The Panthers

Euron Greyjoy SM - The Crazy Gang

AEKWazzaa
#13 Posted : Wednesday, July 08, 2015 8:53:23 PM





Rank: Junior
Joined: 2/12/2013
Posts: 115
Points: 348
First of all, I agree with these post!!!
Tutorial it's as important as was this great idea of yours with the Amateur Leagues!
I am really glad about you and I am sure you are going to make a tutorial.
villeeee wrote:
It's actually not bad, but without a proper in-game tutorial, it will have a minor impact at best. Priorities in the wrong order.


bluelightning wrote:
Not bad but needs to be coupled with a tutorial, maybe have a turn by turn tutorial added prior to them joining the amateur leagues.

2 bus I've spotted, 1 typo and 1 game related. When the char is selecting what days they want to be active, I assume it's meant to be Tuesday's and Fridays rather than Tuesday's and Wednesday?

Second one is, I assume the captain picks the team if EITHER the main or assistant are not appointed rather than both?


Except from that I want to suggest something.
I think managers will be very Important.
Cause a team with a good manager can make new players to love the game and make them the new stars of FID!

So can you explain more about managers? First of all who can go there?
1) Only new users with new managers
2) Old Users with new managers
3) Old Users with old managers
4) All of above

Secondly, if I am correct, every manager that plays in the amateur league will handle "bots" with no SP?

Last but not least, if tutorial is difficult, make old users to create managers and teach the newbies by giving them "rewards" (you know what I meanFlapper ).


PS:
bluelightning wrote:
Second one is, I assume the captain picks the team if EITHER the main or assistant are not appointed rather than both?


I think if I saw right under the "4.2 Captain with manager control" it says:

After a match has started the captain will see the above button if his team does not have both team and assistant manager appointed. Clicking the captain button will open the Match Interface in a new browser window in which the captain can perform substitutions and control bots (also without Supporter Pass).

So I am guessing if one or both of them is not online, captain can take control of bots.
AEKWazzaa
#14 Posted : Friday, July 10, 2015 1:40:07 PM





Rank: Junior
Joined: 2/12/2013
Posts: 115
Points: 348
Bump. If some of the admins can answer, please.
Thank you!
Quote:
So can you explain more about managers? First of all who can go there?
1) Only new users with new managers
2) Old Users with new managers
3) Old Users with old managers
4) All of above

Secondly, if I am correct, every manager that plays in the amateur league will handle "bots" with no SP?

FIDAdmin1
#15 Posted : Friday, July 10, 2015 9:08:34 PM



Head Staff Medal: Medal rewarded for being part of the Head Staff at Footballidentity

Rank: Administration
Joined: 4/1/2009
Posts: 7,240
Points: 16,836
Location: Malmö
AEKWazzaa wrote:

So can you explain more about managers? First of all who can go there?
1) Only new users with new managers
2) Old Users with new managers
3) Old Users with old managers
4) All of above

#4

AEKWazzaa wrote:
Secondly, if I am correct, every manager that plays in the amateur league will handle "bots" with no SP?

Managers will have to have SP (or Team SP) to be able to control bots also in Amateur leagues.

AEKWazzaa wrote:
Last but not least, if tutorial is difficult, make old users to create managers and teach the newbies by giving them "rewards" (you know what I meanFlapper ).

There is already massive rewards distributed to managers that are succesfully making new users active. It is called the "manager reward sysem" and if you are able to get a lot of newbies active and playing a lot of matches you can get more than 100 FIDC for single matches.

AEKWazzaa wrote:

PS:
bluelightning wrote:
Second one is, I assume the captain picks the team if EITHER the main or assistant are not appointed rather than both?


I think if I saw right under the "4.2 Captain with manager control" it says:

After a match has started the captain will see the above button if his team does not have both team and assistant manager appointed. Clicking the captain button will open the Match Interface in a new browser window in which the captain can perform substitutions and control bots (also without Supporter Pass).

So I am guessing if one or both of them is not online, captain can take control of bots.

The way this works is that the Match Engine can only have TWO characters that are available to control bots. This means the Team manager and Assistant manager. But if one of these two characters are not attached to a team (so either team manager or assistant manager role is open in the team) then we can make use of one of the characters to let captain control bots and make subs instead.

So, basically what Bluelightning said is correct smiling
Help and FAQ

Stay updated by following us on:



...and follow my blog.

See how matches are played in this Youtube Tutorial.
Sizz
#16 Posted : Sunday, July 12, 2015 12:13:54 AM





Rank: Guru
Joined: 5/26/2010
Posts: 1,717
Points: 6,689
Location: D
Are the manager slots free?


If not:
Magnus Alerio #1 - Former ICFC Goalkeeper - Season 18 - 37% 1 Stars Saves - Retired

Magnus Magnusson #18 - CF - Retired

Ultra Magnus - Puckoon Manager - Retired
MAGGIE's Mad Paint Skillz 2k13



Why does a team need 5 CD's?

U A MOD BRO??????!!!!!!!!!
Neuromancer1
#17 Posted : Sunday, July 12, 2015 1:32:06 AM





Rank: Professional
Joined: 5/1/2010
Posts: 1,582
Points: 4,974
Location: London
Not learnt by now that letting complete newbies be managers just ends up with bot teams.

They should learn by playing first then providing the guidance that may be needed later on.

AEKWazzaa
#18 Posted : Sunday, July 12, 2015 6:58:24 AM





Rank: Junior
Joined: 2/12/2013
Posts: 115
Points: 348
I totally agree with you Neuromancer!
Old users should train the new ones like what happened to everyone that is still playing Flapper .
I learn from old users and now I can teach the new ones. That the right order.
Wickerbasket
#19 Posted : Sunday, July 12, 2015 7:17:54 PM





Rank: Senior Master
Joined: 2/3/2010
Posts: 9,467
Points: 39,883
Location: Grantham
Sizz wrote:
Are the manager slots free?


If not:


Given you can make about 100 credits per game, is a free slot really necessary? Flapper
#3 James Frost - Side Defender of Team Ten
Proud to be Goalkeeper, Left Side Defender, Right Side Defender, Central Defender, Left Central Defender, Right Central Defender, Left Central Midfielder, Central Midfielder, Right Central Midfielder, Left Forward, Right Forward and Manager of Team Basket Academy


thegreenwoods wrote:
I agree with the points made by James.
Sizz
#20 Posted : Monday, July 13, 2015 7:06:15 PM





Rank: Guru
Joined: 5/26/2010
Posts: 1,717
Points: 6,689
Location: D
Wickerbasket wrote:

Given you can make about 100 credits per game, is a free slot really necessary? Flapper



What if they don't have credits and are too cheap to buy them?
It's not competitive as the Admin has stated, so why should people pay?
The players can leave whenever they want, so it will be a constant grind to have new players coming in all the time, not very fun imo.

If one manager get's 11 users to a decent level and they end up playing this game for a couple of season and let's say 4 decide to buy more slots, SP etc, that's revenue for the admins. Giving free amatuer league slots away could increase their revenue, it's a smart business move. I can't see any downside to it.

Every new user the game is potential money, and they are counting on other users to get them to stay, but the users must pay for the role. Spending the time to create and money to create this new feature, just to be stingy on free managers would be silly imo.

Anyway, went into that way more than I wanted too. smiling
Magnus Alerio #1 - Former ICFC Goalkeeper - Season 18 - 37% 1 Stars Saves - Retired

Magnus Magnusson #18 - CF - Retired

Ultra Magnus - Puckoon Manager - Retired
MAGGIE's Mad Paint Skillz 2k13



Why does a team need 5 CD's?

U A MOD BRO??????!!!!!!!!!
Users browsing this topic
guest
4 Pages 123>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Official FID Theme by FIDAdmin1 (the one and only)
Powered by YAF 1.9.3 | YAF © 2003-2009, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.934 seconds.

© 2010 CommuniSport AB - User Agreement and Policy

Advertise on Footballidentity