Welcome Guest Active Topics | Log In

5 Pages «<345
Barclays Premier League Discussion. Options
QPReds
#81 Posted : Wednesday, May 06, 2015 5:32:33 PM

Wickerbasket wrote:
What ever happened to the fine the Championship wanted to give QPR for being severely over the FFP thing? I remember hearing they were going to get hit by a penalty last season in the millions if they got relegated last year, but they didn't so people seem to have forgotten about it...

Also, Leicester up to 16th. Whoop whoop.

We got a 15m fine, if I remember correctly. Think it might go up to 25m if, when, we go down.

E: Apparently it's going to rise to over 50m...that'll definitely help us out.

E2: Fernandes says all debt is related to the new stadium and that the newspaper is making things up. Honestly I trust Ferndandes to do what's best for the club and to stick around long term and fix his mess.
IRC used to be a fairly decent thing in FID but it's completely died out now. I'm going to try and bring it back. If anyone wants to shoot some poopies, talk about FID, real football or anything else really go to Quakenet, type in your fid username so we know who you are and enter the channel name #fid. Let's see if we can get some decent discussions, banter etc going.
Feel free to ask questions here.
QPReds
#82 Posted : Sunday, May 10, 2015 1:06:59 AM

At least we weren't the first team down...3 wins needed to stay up and the first at City, should be easy. Even with 3 wins we're pretty screwed anyway so I just hope we try and go out with a bit of a bang.
IRC used to be a fairly decent thing in FID but it's completely died out now. I'm going to try and bring it back. If anyone wants to shoot some poopies, talk about FID, real football or anything else really go to Quakenet, type in your fid username so we know who you are and enter the channel name #fid. Let's see if we can get some decent discussions, banter etc going.
Influential me
#83 Posted : Sunday, May 10, 2015 1:59:19 AM

QPReds wrote:
At least we weren't the first team down...3 wins needed to stay up and the first at City, should be easy. Even with 3 wins we're pretty screwed anyway so I just hope we try and go out with a bit of a bang.

Well, I would've preferred QPR and Burnley to have had a chance come the last day of the season, but it's almost certain for both the go. You say you're not the 1st team down, but you're still 2 pts behind Burnley, so bottom would be woeful for the R's. Leicester, Sunderland and Villa are in decent enough form at least, but is it a straight battle between the duo of Newcastle and Hull City, or perhaps another twist in the tail? Great to see so much fight from all the teams struggling on Saturday.
QPReds
#84 Posted : Sunday, May 10, 2015 2:15:09 AM

I'd imagine we'll come bottom but Burnley are already down therefore in my mind they're forever last.
andrewred19
#85 Posted : Sunday, May 10, 2015 12:05:57 PM

Influential me wrote:
andrewred19 wrote:
gooner4ever wrote:
Influential me wrote:
1) Who will be relegated?

2) Who will finish in the top four to secure UEFA Champions League Qualification?

3) Who will get a place in next season's UEFA Europa League?

Looking like a tasty final day...

1) Burnley, QPR, Sunderland (Current bottom three - about time Sunderland went down Flapper - although Newcastle could slip behind them)
2) Chelsea, Arsenal, City, United
3) Liverpool, Spurs, Southampton

Other than the relegation fight, it will all be wrapped up before the last day.

How long until you figure that only 2 can get Europa League cuz Aston Villa already booked their place Laugh Out Loud

Its usually one but since Chel$ea won the League cup so 5th 6th get Europa League + Aston Villa

In fact you are wrong, Andy.

The FA Cup Runners Up do not get an entrance unless they have already qualified this year, so the top seven will get in. Also, surely you cannot count out Swansea City? Only 4 points behind Southampton and 5 behind Spurs.

Oh they changed it ? cuz Hull were in the Europa League last season...
A.Ramsey wrote:

Highlights of tonight.... Andy doing an Ashley Young to get you a late red card:

gooner4ever
#86 Posted : Sunday, May 10, 2015 2:14:13 PM

andrewred19 wrote:
Influential me wrote:
andrewred19 wrote:
gooner4ever wrote:
Influential me wrote:
1) Who will be relegated?

2) Who will finish in the top four to secure UEFA Champions League Qualification?

3) Who will get a place in next season's UEFA Europa League?

Looking like a tasty final day...

1) Burnley, QPR, Sunderland (Current bottom three - about time Sunderland went down Flapper - although Newcastle could slip behind them)
2) Chelsea, Arsenal, City, United
3) Liverpool, Spurs, Southampton

Other than the relegation fight, it will all be wrapped up before the last day.

How long until you figure that only 2 can get Europa League cuz Aston Villa already booked their place Laugh Out Loud

Its usually one but since Chel$ea won the League cup so 5th 6th get Europa League + Aston Villa

In fact you are wrong, Andy.

The FA Cup Runners Up do not get an entrance unless they have already qualified this year, so the top seven will get in. Also, surely you cannot count out Swansea City? Only 4 points behind Southampton and 5 behind Spurs.

Oh they changed it ? cuz Hull were in the Europa League last season...

They were. And now they changed it.
GOONER4EVER

ENG-FIDA PRESIDENT - MODERATOR

TITLES:
Influential me
#87 Posted : Sunday, May 10, 2015 3:22:27 PM

And finally QPR are down and out, with a magnificent effort in a slim 6-0 loss at Manchester City.
Wickerbasket
#88 Posted : Sunday, May 10, 2015 3:24:58 PM

Influential me wrote:
And finally QPR are down and out, with a magnificent effort in a slim 6-0 loss at Manchester City.

Absolutely cornholed.
#3 James Frost - Side Defender of Team Ten
Proud to be Goalkeeper, Left Side Defender, Right Side Defender, Central Defender, Left Central Defender, Right Central Defender, Left Central Midfielder, Central Midfielder, Right Central Midfielder, Left Forward, Right Forward and Manager of Team Basket Academy

thegreenwoods wrote:
I agree with the points made by James.
QPReds
#89 Posted : Sunday, May 10, 2015 3:45:22 PM

We've had a shocking season, undoubtedly the worst team in the Premiership. Have been put to shame by teams like Leicester and Burnley who fought with everything they have, even if the latter was unsuccessful. Big remodel due in the summer, going to be some serious changes. I'd expect a new manager and I'm hoping we go either Mark Warburton or keep it in the QPR family with someone like Paul Clement or maybe Les Ferdinand, get Gerry Francis back in some capacity too.