Welcome Guest Active Topics | Log In

5 Pages «<2345>
Barclays Premier League Discussion. Options
Influential me
#61 Posted : Sunday, April 19, 2015 8:25:51 PM

andrewred19 wrote:
Influential me wrote:
Wickerbasket wrote:
All linesman are required to be on the left back of the team they're running the line for. Go have another look at the clip, pretty obvious why the linesman didn't give it.

The linesman was- as he should be- in line with the last United defender, and that was right on the edge of the area. If it was seen (which it should have been by the linesman), de Gea would've seen red for denying a clear goalscoring opportunity. I personally wish the FA were able to look at it and give him a three match ban, but that won't happen. Luckily that decision didn't change the outcome of the match, however. The referee had a great game, perhaps ruined a bit by that one decision, but he made a couple of key decisions except the red card one, and in my opinion, he correctly decided whether they were fouls or not (Terry on Falcao and Cahill on Herrera).

Give him a three match ban Laugh Out Loud Laugh Out Loud you have an IQ of a goldfish.

Correctly decided?

Forearm smash as Sky Sports Pundits like to call it

Firstly, if de Gea's handball was seen, then three match ban it'll be.

Secondly, as I said before, it could've been given either way.

Influential me
#62 Posted : Sunday, April 19, 2015 8:28:32 PM

andrewred19 wrote:
Mike Dean is always impressive when Chelsea vs United

He was a bit offside, but how many decisions have gone against us this season? And what about Dean for Sunderland v Chelsea last season?
Wickerbasket
#63 Posted : Sunday, April 19, 2015 8:43:11 PM

Influential me wrote:
Wickerbasket wrote:
All linesman are required to be on the left back of the team they're running the line for. Go have another look at the clip, pretty obvious why the linesman didn't give it.

The linesman was- as he should be- in line with the last United defender, and that was right on the edge of the area.

Then I repeat - it's pretty obvious why the linesman could not see it.
#3 James Frost - Side Defender of Team Ten
Proud to be Goalkeeper, Left Side Defender, Right Side Defender, Central Defender, Left Central Defender, Right Central Defender, Left Central Midfielder, Central Midfielder, Right Central Midfielder, Left Forward, Right Forward and Manager of Team Basket Academy

thegreenwoods wrote:
I agree with the points made by James.
Influential me
#64 Posted : Saturday, May 02, 2015 8:18:06 PM

Three games left, and it looks like top spot and two of the three relegated teams are almost confirmed. QPR and Burnley are one defeat away from sealing relegation to the Championship, having only just arriving from the 2nd tier. Chelsea are one win away from easing to a first Premier League title in 5 years, and a third title under Mourinho- It could be sealed by tomorrow. The battles for top four (Man United, Liverpool and Tottenham) could be on, however. With four points separating the two rivals, and United on a three game losing streak, perhaps it's time to consider the other two as serious top four candidates once again?

Also, down the bottom, Newcastle, having lost their last 8 league games, are in real danger. Sunderland's win against Southampton has increased their chances of survival too. The 14th to 18th placed sides are separated by 2 points, with Aston Villa (35 points), Newcastle (35), Hull (34), Leicester (34) and Sunderland (33).

Two questions, or maybe three.

1) Who will be relegated?

2) Who will finish in the top four to secure UEFA Champions League Qualification?

3) Who will get a place in next season's UEFA Europa League?

Looking like a tasty final day...
Sizz
#65 Posted : Saturday, May 02, 2015 8:45:15 PM

Influential me wrote:
Newcastle (35)

Useless .... deserve to go!
Magnus Alerio #1 - Former ICFC Goalkeeper - Season 18 - 37% 1 Stars Saves - Retired

Magnus Magnusson #18 - CF - Retired

Ultra Magnus - Puckoon Manager - Retired
MAGGIE's Mad Paint Skillz 2k13

Why does a team need 5 CD's?

U A MOD BRO??????!!!!!!!!!
Influential me
#66 Posted : Saturday, May 02, 2015 8:55:47 PM

Sizz wrote:
Influential me wrote:
Newcastle (35)

Useless .... deserve to go!

I know someone on FID who supports them and someone in RL.

But yes, for their form and owners, I agree.
gooner4ever
#67 Posted : Saturday, May 02, 2015 10:14:45 PM

Influential me wrote:

2) Who will finish in the top four to secure UEFA Champions League Qualification?

1) Burnley, QPR, Sunderland (Current bottom three - about time Sunderland went down Flapper - although Newcastle could slip behind them)
2) Chelsea, Arsenal, City, United
3) Liverpool, Spurs, Southampton

Other than the relegation fight, it will all be wrapped up before the last day.
GOONER4EVER

ENG-FIDA PRESIDENT - MODERATOR

TITLES:
andrewred19
#68 Posted : Tuesday, May 05, 2015 11:04:38 PM

gooner4ever wrote:
Influential me wrote:

1) Burnley, QPR, Sunderland (Current bottom three - about time Sunderland went down Flapper - although Newcastle could slip behind them)

How long until you figure that only 2 can get Europa League cuz Aston Villa already booked their place Laugh Out Loud

Its usually one but since Chel$ea won the League cup so 5th 6th get Europa League + Aston Villa
A.Ramsey wrote:

Highlights of tonight.... Andy doing an Ashley Young to get you a late red card:

Influential me
#69 Posted : Tuesday, May 05, 2015 11:08:11 PM

andrewred19 wrote:
gooner4ever wrote:
Influential me wrote:

How long until you figure that only 2 can get Europa League cuz Aston Villa already booked their place Laugh Out Loud

Its usually one but since Chel$ea won the League cup so 5th 6th get Europa League + Aston Villa

In fact you are wrong, Andy.

The FA Cup Runners Up do not get an entrance unless they have already qualified this year, so the top seven will get in. Also, surely you cannot count out Swansea City? Only 4 points behind Southampton and 5 behind Spurs.
gooner4ever
#70 Posted : Tuesday, May 05, 2015 11:47:00 PM

andrewred19 wrote:
gooner4ever wrote:
Influential me wrote:

Yeah as Brett said, rules changed this year. FA cup now like league cup - winner only qualifies. So if Villa want in, they'll have to get through us to get it Flapper
GOONER4EVER

ENG-FIDA PRESIDENT - MODERATOR

TITLES:
Influential me
#71 Posted : Tuesday, May 05, 2015 11:48:34 PM

gooner4ever wrote:
andrewred19 wrote:
gooner4ever wrote:
Influential me wrote:

Yeah as Brett said, rules changed this year. FA cup now like league cup - winner only qualifies. So if Villa want in, they'll have to get through us to get it Flapper

Shouldn't be too difficult.
QPReds
#72 Posted : Wednesday, May 06, 2015 12:47:50 AM

Sadly we'll be going down, again. Hope we do it right next time. Need to build the club up from the core rather than bring in 32+ year olds or players coming purely for the money. Get some youth in and get some players who will run their socks off for the club.
IRC used to be a fairly decent thing in FID but it's completely died out now. I'm going to try and bring it back. If anyone wants to shoot some poopies, talk about FID, real football or anything else really go to Quakenet, type in your fid username so we know who you are and enter the channel name #fid. Let's see if we can get some decent discussions, banter etc going.
Feel free to ask questions here.
Influential me
#73 Posted : Wednesday, May 06, 2015 12:57:49 AM

QPReds wrote:
Sadly we'll be going down, again. Hope we do it right next time. Need to build the club up from the core rather than bring in 32+ year olds or players coming purely for the money. Get some youth in and get some players who will run their socks off for the club.

I agree. Players like Rio Ferdinand and Robert Green are way past their peak and they aren't performing well enough to be in the QPR squad. Players like Junior Hoilett and Steven Caulker (I think they're both there) should be considered more regularly, and try to create a youth system where players will play with passion. Basically, get about 7 or 8 youngsters, perhaps from the youth academy or buy under-23 year olds who can fit in, and play consistently. Newcastle are another example of players not performing. Good to see clubs like Southampton and Burnley performing with English players, although Burnley are beginning to show their lack of quality and goals, being bottom and one loss away from relegation.

Edit- Oh, and sort out those wages!
QPReds
#74 Posted : Wednesday, May 06, 2015 1:06:25 AM

Rob Green has been our best player this season so not sure I agree with the first bit. Rio doesn't really play. Caulker won't be there next year, I'd imagine he'll go to a better team than us. Doubt we'll hold onto Austin either.

Players I expect to leave include: Caulker, Ferdinand, Phillips, Austin, Fer, SWP, Isla, Onouha (might stay but should leave, is on way too much money), Kranjcar, Hoilett, Taarabt, Sandro, Vargas, Zarate.

Now that's a lot of players. Major overhaul coming and having seen what's happened to Wolves and Wigan I'll take mid-table next year.
IRC used to be a fairly decent thing in FID but it's completely died out now. I'm going to try and bring it back. If anyone wants to shoot some poopies, talk about FID, real football or anything else really go to Quakenet, type in your fid username so we know who you are and enter the channel name #fid. Let's see if we can get some decent discussions, banter etc going.
Influential me
#75 Posted : Wednesday, May 06, 2015 1:10:43 AM

QPReds wrote:
Rob Green has been our best player this season so not sure I agree with the first bit. Rio doesn't really play. Caulker won't be there next year, I'd imagine he'll go to a better team than us. Doubt we'll hold onto Austin either.

Players I expect to leave include: Caulker, Ferdinand, Phillips, Austin, Fer, SWP, Isla, Onouha (might stay but should leave, is on way too much money), Kranjcar, Hoilett, Taarabt, Sandro, Vargas, Zarate.

Now that's a lot of players. Major overhaul coming and having seen what's happened to Wolves and Wigan I'll take mid-table next year.

Not a pro on the QPR team, so sorry for that lol. Massive overhaul? I understand it's needed, but far too often it does not work. If it happens, we'll see where you are EOS and then past that, but I wouldn't expect too much. Also, a new manager is certainly needed.
QPReds
#76 Posted : Wednesday, May 06, 2015 1:23:39 AM

It's not an overhaul dictated by us it's going to be more along the lines of the players asking to leave because they're too big for the Championship. I can't see Charlie Austin scoring nearly 20 goals in the premiership and then willingly dropping back down. Players like Fer joined us to stop from dropping to the championship with previous teams and are likely to do the same again. Isla is a dude who's gone from winning championships in Italy to being relegated with us, won't take him much to find a team. The one player in that list I really hope we keep is Matty Phillips, he's super-talented and I'd like to think he'd stay.

I actually think Ramsey will be given a chance next season. Unless we're able to get a big name like Allardyce to drop down from the Premiership which is unlikely. Someone I'd like to get is Karl Robinson but I can't see it happening.

E: Mark Warburton would be pretty nice.

E2: Another manager I like is Chris Powell but not sure he's ready yet.
Influential me
#77 Posted : Wednesday, May 06, 2015 1:27:00 AM

QPReds wrote:
It's not an overhaul dictated by us it's going to be more along the lines of the players asking to leave because they're too big for the Championship. I can't see Charlie Austin scoring nearly 20 goals in the premiership and then willingly dropping back down. Players like Fer joined us to stop from dropping to the championship with previous teams and are likely to do the same again. Isla is a dude who's gone from winning championships in Italy to being relegated with us, won't take him much to find a team. The one player in that list I really hope we keep is Matty Phillips, he's super-talented and I'd like to think he'd stay.

I actually think Ramsey will be given a chance next season. Unless we're able to get a big name like Allardyce to drop down from the Premiership which is unlikely. Someone I'd like to get is Karl Robinson but I can't see it happening.

You know your team more than I know QPR, so I'll leave the top bit.

Regarding management, Sam might be leaving WHU. Unlikely to see Robinson given the chance at QPR too. Perhaps you'll go for a Championship manager?
QPReds
#78 Posted : Wednesday, May 06, 2015 1:36:43 AM

Tony Fernandes is a really good chairman he's just been a bit naive recently. He needs a manager he can trust and some other high level board members he can trust. I'm not sure how many championship managers will want to go to QPR knowing the expectations. Karl Robinson would be my guy but I'm happy with Chris Ramsey.
Wickerbasket
#79 Posted : Wednesday, May 06, 2015 3:54:03 AM

What ever happened to the fine the Championship wanted to give QPR for being severely over the FFP thing? I remember hearing they were going to get hit by a penalty last season in the millions if they got relegated last year, but they didn't so people seem to have forgotten about it...

Also, Leicester up to 16th. Whoop whoop.
#3 James Frost - Side Defender of Team Ten
Proud to be Goalkeeper, Left Side Defender, Right Side Defender, Central Defender, Left Central Defender, Right Central Defender, Left Central Midfielder, Central Midfielder, Right Central Midfielder, Left Forward, Right Forward and Manager of Team Basket Academy

thegreenwoods wrote:
I agree with the points made by James.
Neuromancer1
#80 Posted : Wednesday, May 06, 2015 10:50:43 AM

Wickerbasket wrote:
Also, Leicester up to 16th. Whoop whoop.