Welcome Guest Active Topics | Log In

5 Pages <12345>
Barclays Premier League Discussion. Options
Influential me
#41 Posted : Saturday, April 18, 2015 10:25:19 PM

Kucej wrote:
Influential me wrote:
It doesn't matter how you get the results, it's the result that matters.

People thinking like that is exactly what ruined football. This and money.

Having seen the previous four games from Chelsea being so bad, don't you think I deserve to think this way? You wouldn't blame an Arsenal fan for being happy at reaching the final after an woeful game vs Reading, who for me were the better team. Also, I guess it's because you're an Spurs fan, you sometimes have a good game but don't get consistently good results. Money-wise, what about when you spent all that Bale money? Liverpool with Suarez? If teams are willing to pay loads, then why should players not want 100-odd thousand? I don't like it personally, but it isn't likely to improve. If you were a fan of a good team, then you wouldn't care how you get the results against rival clubs, but that's not the case with you lol.
Influential me
#42 Posted : Saturday, April 18, 2015 10:30:49 PM

Neuromancer1 wrote:
Touchy aren't we Laugh Out Loud

Well, shouldn't have showed that picture when it proves absolutely nothing. Bad Neuro Laugh Out Loud Laugh Out Loud Laugh Out Loud Laugh Out Loud Laugh Out Loud Laugh Out Loud Laugh Out Loud Laugh Out Loud Laugh Out Loud Laugh Out Loud Naughty Naughty Naughty Naughty Naughty Naughty Naughty Naughty Flapper Flapper Flapper Flapper
Neuromancer1
#43 Posted : Saturday, April 18, 2015 10:52:31 PM

Influential me wrote:
after an woeful game vs Reading, who for me were the better team.

You clearly weren't watching that game then. Nor from the sounds of things the other one if the picture didn't make any sense to you. D'oh! D'oh! Whistle Whistle Wall Wall Applause Applause Snooty Snooty

Influential me
#44 Posted : Saturday, April 18, 2015 10:58:10 PM

Neuromancer1 wrote:
Influential me wrote:

You clearly weren't watching that game then. Nor from the sounds of things the other one if the picture didn't make any sense to you. D'oh! D'oh! Whistle Whistle Wall Wall Applause Applause Snooty Snooty

Reading were miles better. They pressed, created better chances, defended better, ran beyond your defense, and were very unlucky. Deserved at least penalties.

As for the picture, i know what you mean, but we're champions elect, so we have a gameplan, and usually flourish under it. Those with s*** defenses always moaning about Chelsea's defensive performances lol. Pathetic.
Neuromancer1
#45 Posted : Saturday, April 18, 2015 11:07:00 PM

Influential me wrote:
Neuromancer1 wrote:
Influential me wrote:

Reading were miles better. They pressed, created better chances, defended better, ran beyond your defense, and were very unlucky. Deserved at least penalties.

As for the picture, i know what you mean, but we're champions elect, so we have a gameplan, and usually flourish under it. Those with s*** defenses always moaning about Chelsea's defensive performances lol. Pathetic.

Ani't hard to defend with 10 men sat behind the ball.

They were not miles better lol. They did not create better chances, considering we hit the post twice, federici great save from gabriels header amongst a few, all they had apart from the goal were a couple of half assed long shots that went over or straight at chez. Ran beyond our defence because they were doing what your lot do, camp and counter, but its more understandable Reading doing it considering the value difference between the two teams.

I realise how boring it must have been watching your own team that you were focusing so much on our game instead. Whistle Whistle Whistle

Influential me
#46 Posted : Saturday, April 18, 2015 11:35:53 PM

Neuromancer1 wrote:
Influential me wrote:
Neuromancer1 wrote:
Influential me wrote:

They were not miles better lol. They did not create better chances, considering we hit the post twice, federici great save from gabriels header amongst a few, all they had apart from the goal were a couple of half assed long shots that went over or straight at chez. Ran beyond our defence because they were doing what your lot do, camp and counter, but its more understandable Reading doing it considering the value difference between the two teams.

I realise how boring it must have been watching your own team that you were focusing so much on our game instead. Whistle Whistle Whistle

Well, I watched both (Chelsea on TV and Arsenal on Laptop). Mackie was in two or three times but the officials wrongly decided offside. Okay, miles was a bit over the top, but they were better. I hardly had to watch our game and have serious focus considering the lack of threat from United throughout, and how they should have been down to 10 men (de Gea clear red card). Still, looking comfortable at the top of the table. You lot should be happy to hold on the second.
Kucej
#47 Posted : Saturday, April 18, 2015 11:47:00 PM

FID Ambassador Medal: User recieved this medal for taking part in the FID Ambassador ProgramKey User Group: User recieved this medal for taking part in the FID Key User Group (KUG)

Influential me wrote:
Kucej wrote:
Influential me wrote:

Having seen the previous four games from Chelsea being so bad, don't you think I deserve to think this way? You wouldn't blame an Arsenal fan for being happy at reaching the final after an woeful game vs Reading, who for me were the better team. Also, I guess it's because you're an Spurs fan, you sometimes have a good game but don't get consistently good results. Money-wise, what about when you spent all that Bale money? Liverpool with Suarez? If teams are willing to pay loads, then why should players not want 100-odd thousand? I don't like it personally, but it isn't likely to improve. If you were a fan of a good team, then you wouldn't care how you get the results against rival clubs, but that's not the case with you lol.

You understood me wrong. I'm not pointing fingers toward Chelski, neither am i pointing fingers to Arse, im just saying that football is not what it was 10 or 20 yrs ago, and i just stated the two reasons above . I never did and never will support the idea of Bale being worth 80 mils or any player for that matter, no player is worth that and no player should be worth that. but thats 21st century football im afraid - its alot about money and little about the game and the heart.

"I used to say I live my life a quarter mile at a time and I think that’s why we were brothers- because you did too. The most important thing in life will always be the people in this room, right here, right now. Salute mi familia. No matter where you are, whether it’s a quarter mile away or half way across the world. You’ll always be with me… And you’ll always be my brother."
Influential me
#48 Posted : Saturday, April 18, 2015 11:56:45 PM

Kucej wrote:
Influential me wrote:
Kucej wrote:
Influential me wrote:

You understood me wrong. I'm not pointing fingers toward Chelski, neither am i pointing fingers to Arse, im just saying that football is not what it was 10 or 20 yrs ago, and i just stated the two reasons above . I never did and never will support the idea of Bale being worth 80 mils or any player for that matter, no player is worth that and no player should be worth that. but thats 21st century football im afraid - its alot about money and little about the game and the heart.

Whole hearted teams (a few names);

Burnley
Bournemouth
Swansea
C. Palace
Brentford

And others. Not the most amazing in terms of funds, but great teams to watch usually.
Michael Cameron
#49 Posted : Sunday, April 19, 2015 8:47:44 AM

Key User Group: User recieved this medal for taking part in the FID Key User Group (KUG)

Influential me wrote:
Kucej wrote:
Influential me wrote:

Nope, you're from Bournemouth aren't you? You should support them instead of Chel$ea. Flapper

ROCOCO FIRE
Manager of Portus Cale

STUART OAKLEY | AMOS VETO | GEORGE WILLIS | MATT SUTTON | SEBB ATWELL | LUKE RIPLEY
andrewred19
#50 Posted : Sunday, April 19, 2015 11:30:09 AM

Influential me wrote:

Well, I watched both (Chelsea on TV and Arsenal on Laptop). Mackie was in two or three times but the officials wrongly decided offside. Okay, miles was a bit over the top, but they were better. I hardly had to watch our game and have serious focus considering the lack of threat from United throughout, and how they should have been down to 10 men (de Gea clear red card). Still, looking comfortable at the top of the table. You lot should be happy to hold on the second.

Lack of Threat ? looooooooooooooooooooool 71 vs 29 Possession. 15 Attempts vs 7 Attempts. Come on Influential stop being a [censored] for your sake

de Gea clear red card, hit his hand on the line but yea clear red card. Cuz terry's tackle on Falcao was clean eh ? or when he tried to punch him but missed. Doesnt deserve red at all. Also Ivanovic constantly getting murdered by Luke Shaw Love. Oscar's tackle on Herrera was the 5th he done and tht was the first time he got a yellow. Mike Dean, Chelsea in disguise
A.Ramsey wrote:

Highlights of tonight.... Andy doing an Ashley Young to get you a late red card:

Wickerbasket
#51 Posted : Sunday, April 19, 2015 12:24:05 PM

Not sure you know what "clear red card" means. If a referee had spotted that I'd never have been convinced he was convinced. You can only give what you see as a referee, absolutely no way he could be certain as it also looks like it comes off Valencia's leg.

Chelsea are the best team this season, absolutely. Doesn't mean they didn't park the bus.
#3 James Frost - Side Defender of Team Ten
Proud to be Goalkeeper, Left Side Defender, Right Side Defender, Central Defender, Left Central Defender, Right Central Defender, Left Central Midfielder, Central Midfielder, Right Central Midfielder, Left Forward, Right Forward and Manager of Team Basket Academy

thegreenwoods wrote:
I agree with the points made by James.
Koshnicasizvara
#52 Posted : Sunday, April 19, 2015 12:44:25 PM

Neuromancer1 wrote:
Influential me wrote:
Neuromancer1 wrote:
Influential me wrote:

I would deffinetly say that Reading were playing good, but not even close to "miles better" ... their defending was crucial and they could easily take it to penalties but their GK gave up lol Laugh Out Loud Laugh Out Loud Laugh Out Loud Flapper Flapper Flapper Flapper Cool

Quote:
"I really like Arsenal. But you, do you like Arsenal? Or just Arsenal with Trophies?"
-Dennis Bergkamp

Stay LOYAL Forever !
Influential me
#53 Posted : Sunday, April 19, 2015 2:27:04 PM

andrewred19 wrote:
Influential me wrote:

Lack of Threat ? looooooooooooooooooooool 71 vs 29 Possession. 15 Attempts vs 7 Attempts. Come on Influential stop being a [censored] for your sake

de Gea clear red card, hit his hand on the line but yea clear red card. Cuz terry's tackle on Falcao was clean eh ? or when he tried to punch him but missed. Doesnt deserve red at all. Also Ivanovic constantly getting murdered by Luke Shaw Love. Oscar's tackle on Herrera was the 5th he done and tht was the first time he got a yellow. Mike Dean, Chelsea in disguise

Well, the lack of threat was shown when your team and fans were celebrating a shot that went wide. Other than that, you didn't test Courtois at all.

For de Gea, it was outside his area. He deserved a red card, which is unquestionable. Moaning about Mike Dean? For not giving you a penalty for Herrera putting his leg to touch Cahill and going down? Lol. He had a good game, but if his linesman done his job, then it would have been excellent.

Regarding Shaw, about time he plays well, isn't it? I rated him at Southampton, but not so much at United, like many who the Saints sold last summer.

About Terry, it could've went either way. He got the ball, but got it from behind the player. Luck was on our side a bit with the decision to play on, but that's far from disgraceful as Herrera trying to cheat and win a pen.

Chelsea were in control of the game, and did a brilliant job. Typical performance under Mourinho against decent sides. Shame United fans can't see how it was another brilliant tactical piece from Jose.
Influential me
#54 Posted : Sunday, April 19, 2015 2:40:47 PM

Wickerbasket wrote:
Not sure you know what "clear red card" means. If a referee had spotted that I'd never have been convinced he was convinced. You can only give what you see as a referee, absolutely no way he could be certain as it also looks like it comes off Valencia's leg.

Chelsea are the best team this season, absolutely. Doesn't mean they didn't park the bus.

I never said we don't park the bus though. I said that hardly matters when we win games. Not our fault teams can't find their way through, is it? Especially those with 70.3% possession against us. Proves how crap they are to not win, or draw, with so much possession.

Watching it live on TV, I shouted handball straight away. Not easy to see for the ref, but the linesman- in line with the edge of the penalty area- should have seen it.

Chelsea have been involved in the best game of the season for excitement (6-3 v Everton).

Love how Spurs score 5 past us and Bradford score 4 yet United with 70% possession (NOT 71%, it's rounded down from 70.3%) can't score once lol.
Neuromancer1
#55 Posted : Sunday, April 19, 2015 3:28:28 PM

Influential me wrote:
but that's far from disgraceful as Herrera trying to cheat and win a pen.

Influential me
#56 Posted : Sunday, April 19, 2015 3:47:15 PM

Neuromancer1 wrote:
Influential me wrote:
but that's far from disgraceful as Herrera trying to cheat and win a pen.

Well, the point is I don't like players diving. Chelsea players or not, diving is just ridiculous. No need for it. This is why Video Technology is needed, alike many reasons.

Also, that Cahill dive at the end was one of the worst dives I have ever seen, with Januzaj ofc and others.
Wickerbasket
#57 Posted : Sunday, April 19, 2015 4:17:51 PM

All linesman are required to be on the left back of the team they're running the line for. Go have another look at the clip, pretty obvious why the linesman didn't give it.
#3 James Frost - Side Defender of Team Ten
Proud to be Goalkeeper, Left Side Defender, Right Side Defender, Central Defender, Left Central Defender, Right Central Defender, Left Central Midfielder, Central Midfielder, Right Central Midfielder, Left Forward, Right Forward and Manager of Team Basket Academy

thegreenwoods wrote:
I agree with the points made by James.
Influential me
#58 Posted : Sunday, April 19, 2015 5:17:38 PM

Wickerbasket wrote:
All linesman are required to be on the left back of the team they're running the line for. Go have another look at the clip, pretty obvious why the linesman didn't give it.

The linesman was- as he should be- in line with the last United defender, and that was right on the edge of the area. If it was seen (which it should have been by the linesman), de Gea would've seen red for denying a clear goalscoring opportunity. I personally wish the FA were able to look at it and give him a three match ban, but that won't happen. Luckily that decision didn't change the outcome of the match, however. The referee had a great game, perhaps ruined a bit by that one decision, but he made a couple of key decisions except the red card one, and in my opinion, he correctly decided whether they were fouls or not (Terry on Falcao and Cahill on Herrera).
andrewred19
#59 Posted : Sunday, April 19, 2015 7:49:00 PM

Influential me wrote:
Wickerbasket wrote:

The linesman was- as he should be- in line with the last United defender, and that was right on the edge of the area. If it was seen (which it should have been by the linesman), de Gea would've seen red for denying a clear goalscoring opportunity. I personally wish the FA were able to look at it and give him a three match ban, but that won't happen. Luckily that decision didn't change the outcome of the match, however. The referee had a great game, perhaps ruined a bit by that one decision, but he made a couple of key decisions except the red card one, and in my opinion, he correctly decided whether they were fouls or not (Terry on Falcao and Cahill on Herrera).

Give him a three match ban Laugh Out Loud Laugh Out Loud you have an IQ of a goldfish.

Correctly decided?

Forearm smash as Sky Sports Pundits like to call it
A.Ramsey wrote:

Highlights of tonight.... Andy doing an Ashley Young to get you a late red card:

andrewred19
#60 Posted : Sunday, April 19, 2015 7:55:52 PM

Mike Dean is always impressive when Chelsea vs United

A.Ramsey wrote: