Welcome Guest Active Topics | Log In

5 Pages <12345>
Changes of the 2nd Nationalities and National Team Belongings Options
Smiler
#41 Posted : Saturday, March 28, 2015 10:01:20 PM

Game Master Icon: Medal received for taking part in Footballidentity's Game Master team

Champ78 wrote:
I did some research, cause I am a cruious bored guy.

Ifida wants fid to be more active, specially in WC, UFCL etc ?

out of the 30 most active users in fid, over 30 percent are prohibited from playing for a NT, and the rest can play for England, Spain, Italy or France (wich is all communitys that could easily field 3 or more senior full squad national teams)

Soo 30 percent of thoose that actually make fid earn the most money, cant take part on the biggest stage of all ?

Of course but there should still be some integrity to the competition. Otherwise it will not really be a WC.
Champ78
#42 Posted : Saturday, March 28, 2015 10:24:57 PM

Hmmm, soo the real World WC does not have Integrity ?

German striker duo, the two polish guys: Podolski and Klose ?
German brothers Kevin and Jerome Boateng, or wait Kevin plays for Ghana right ?
France World champions: Zidane (alegerie), Desailly (senegal), Viera (Senegal), Tezeguet (Argentina) .Benzema and Nasri ?

And wich nations do really theese play for Deco, Pepe, Eduardo. Diego Costas, Marcos Gonzlarez, Thiago Motta, Thiago Alcantara, Rommulo, Sammir, Jonathan de Guzman, Mikkel Diskerud, Adam Larsen, Mathis Bolly ?

If we look at bit historical on it: where did the spanish nationals Puskas and di Stefano actually come from ?
Why did the Surinameese trio of Van Basten, Rijkard an Gullit play for holland ?
Why did a boy born in Canada, raised in Germany, play NT football for England ?

But the row of Brasilians over here, kinda shows my point Flapper

Quote:
We're the hero FID deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, you'll hunt us, because we can take it. We're not your hero. We are Norway
MatthewRoy
#43 Posted : Saturday, March 28, 2015 10:36:59 PM

Mini Miudo wrote:
MatthewRoy wrote:
mini it's funny how when you look at it from my point of view (having 50+% users with mixed nationality in a team doesn't fit with the idea of NT tournaments) they are going to be a small minority that we can neglect
But when you look at it from your point of view (improve activity of the tournaments) this small minority of teams are so important for the overall activity of the tournaments

this whole NT thing should have been the reason to encourage users to do more recruiting, to spread the word around about the game. All this to help your NT reach a decent amount of users to be active/competitive in the national tournaments.
But no let's give more reasons to those small userbase nations to fill the spots with other foreign users, this is going to help the game grow right? Why would I spend time with accademies and newbies when recruiting a foreign user is much easier and I can will 7/11 of the team with those?

1) It's different. The more teams playing in the tournament, the better, and if 2 or 3 of them have some foreigners, what's wrong with that? It makes it more enjoyable (i.e. active and competitive) for those in NTs with only people from their country and also more enjoyable for people who could otherwise not participate in these tournaments.

2) It's too hard to do that, and would never happen, I think. And even if you did manage to recruit some users, you would have to wait a long time before a) their characters got good enough and b) they were NT material/good enough at the game.

1) It's not about having just some foreigners. Up until now it was balanced (3 extra players + assistant), extreme scenario you have 4 players controlled by foreigners which is still the minority.
Now you have up to 7 players that can be controlled by foreigners. That can be the majority of your team that has no link to the national team you are playing for.
When this goes through to me it stops being about NTs and such and it becomes another pointless tournaments with custom teams and with the same users playing together like in any other league of this game

2) You are probably right. You won't get a major NT side done in two seasons of work (unless you are crazy committed to it like Apash). Still you can at least start with the u21 tournaments. Like those guys from Bosnia did last season with 90% udp on all games in the u21 WC after their community had pretty much disappeared the seasons before
Totò Novanta - #90 CD - FC Revolution 1A
Matthew Roy - #45 CF - FC Revolution 1A
Spartaco Mordente - #90 CM - Hattrick Mentalità 1A
Eugenio Martina - #90 CF - Squadra in Spagna 1A
Shonen Bat - #2 SD - Squadra in Spagna 1A
Ryan Giggs - #90 WF - Italian Revolution 1A

Manager:
Leonardo Manunta - Hattrick Mentalità 1A

Former characters:
Simodium
#44 Posted : Saturday, March 28, 2015 11:21:18 PM

Mini Miudo wrote:
Still better than having an inactive tournament if you ask me. Flapper

Not that the latest editions were that inactive.
There were less NTs than in the early edition, but some of the NTs in the early editions are those that caused a lesser average activity.

With this added rule (which many of the ifida members that took part in the discussion were not even aware of), paradoxically the minor NTs could be even stronger than NTs with larger community.
Moreover, suppose that Sweden (random nation) has potentially 30 (random digit) different users in total. What does prevent it from having 17 swedish users + 5 foreign (very strong) users, 1 one of which can also play as assistant?
Despite a large userbase, the foreign characters might be much better than half of the swedish users, who in their turn they would have to fall back on a different nationality, or not take part to WC at all.

Characters in Spoiler

ITALIAN MODERATOR

Please don't try to contact me via in-game chat, I might be afk. Send me a PM instead.
For spam or abuse reports use the proper links at the bottom-right of the incriminated post. Thank you.

Per domande legate alla moderazione non cercatemi nella chat del gioco, piuttosto mandatemi un PM.
Per segnalare spam o post offensivi usate i link appositi in basso a destra del post incriminato. Grazie.

FORUM RULES/GUIDELINES

Simodium
#45 Posted : Saturday, March 28, 2015 11:25:07 PM

Champ78 wrote:
Hmmm, soo the real World WC does not have Integrity ?

German striker duo, the two polish guys: Podolski and Klose ?
German brothers Kevin and Jerome Boateng, or wait Kevin plays for Ghana right ?
France World champions: Zidane (alegerie), Desailly (senegal), Viera (Senegal), Tezeguet (Argentina) .Benzema and Nasri ?

And wich nations do really theese play for Deco, Pepe, Eduardo. Diego Costas, Marcos Gonzlarez, Thiago Motta, Thiago Alcantara, Rommulo, Sammir, Jonathan de Guzman, Mikkel Diskerud, Adam Larsen, Mathis Bolly ?

If we look at bit historical on it: where did the spanish nationals Puskas and di Stefano actually come from ?
Why did the Surinameese trio of Van Basten, Rijkard an Gullit play for holland ?
Why did a boy born in Canada, raised in Germany, play NT football for England ?

But the row of Brasilians over here, kinda shows my point Flapper

When you got no point... play the Real Life card!

Jokes apart, the difference (one of the many) is that here you can theorically pick ANY nt, while IRL you cannot.

Characters in Spoiler

ITALIAN MODERATOR

Please don't try to contact me via in-game chat, I might be afk. Send me a PM instead.
For spam or abuse reports use the proper links at the bottom-right of the incriminated post. Thank you.

Per domande legate alla moderazione non cercatemi nella chat del gioco, piuttosto mandatemi un PM.
Per segnalare spam o post offensivi usate i link appositi in basso a destra del post incriminato. Grazie.

FORUM RULES/GUIDELINES

Mini Miudo
#46 Posted : Saturday, March 28, 2015 11:42:52 PM

Well then, maybe someone can pose a threat to Spain if others can become stronger. Wink I still don't see anything wrong with this. I agree with what Champ said, many players have played for different nations. This isn't RL, but it should still be possible. Maybe some requirements to join an NT wouldn't be the worst, but what about users with 1 char playing for example in England (they become eligible for it)? They don't allow foreigners but this is only a game, everyone should have a chance to play the WC!

But anyway, as you say, this is nothing like RL, so being able to join an NT randomly shouldn't be comparable. IRL anyone can play NT football because there's always enough footballers in a nation. However, in FID, there's many nations without enough users, so being able to change and help NTs like Norway, Scotland, etc. is good to give users a chance to play IMO.
Silent Assassins FC
1x England Champions (S30)
10. Mini Cristiano Ronaldo - CF // 7. Mini Ricardo Quaresma - SM // 21. Mini Mauro Zárate - CF

Northern Assassins FC
7x Italy/Ireland Champions (S21, S23, S25, S26, S27, S28, S31), 1x UFCL Winners (S23)
1. Mini Rui Patrício - GK // 7. Mini Dries Mertens - SM // 24. Mini Alessandro Florenzi - SD

Titles: 7x Italy/Ireland Champion, 5x Sweden/Serbia Champion, 4x England Champion, 3x WC Winner, 2x France Champion, 2x UFCL Winner
World Awards: 4x Forward of the Year, 4x Golden Assist, 3x Golden Boot, 3x Golden Technique, 2x Golden Pass, 1x Midfielder of the Year, 1x Defender of the Year, 1x Keeper of the Year

Apash
#47 Posted : Sunday, March 29, 2015 12:51:04 AM

Well as I have been mantioned a few times. Here is what I think.

90% percent of the changes are positive. Like users are no more attached forever for a NT and "foreign" managers can take the teams. These should have been done ages ago. By the way for the old rules I have turn down two offers to join NT of another country. Just to be able to play for Bulgaria one day. I guess this was part of the reason we motivated ourselves to try gather some local community and make a team.

As I see it the debate is the part with possible the number of foreigners a team may use. Not that if it should be. I think there is no argument in that.

I think its a bit too much If you have more foreigners than locals and especially if it means native players dont play cause there are foreigners in the team. I just feel like that. I know its going to help quite a few teams and who knows it might have also positieve inpact to the local community. Provided that this country makes it quite easy for the tournaments. On the other hand this may make the nFida lazy on trying to expand the community. As it will know that with 6/7 users and as much foreign guys NTeam is ready with no much work.Having said that most of the countries stated as such that cant gather a team in fact used to have their own teams: Norway, Finland, Ireland. So I dont know what to think really. I know they tried hard only I wish they were able to have a team of own users in the game.

As for our case. Well indeed more than 70/80% of the guys have their user rating less than the rating of the players they have. Meaning they are new to the game or played for a while ago and now returned than they took over the player they y are having now. Champ dont worry they are all active and unique users, a bit short in numbers we have 12/13 active guys, hope to increase the number ofc.

Thanks Smiler for bringing up the topic but Stel knows me well and knows its not really fair to others if they are jujed by this examplem, despite you have a good point saying smth like that is possible .Im not giving up easily. I would invest some time and some cash if I want to see smth done. The cash spent isnt really much at all and its not just me who is doing the whole thing, pretty much everyone is commited. but we are not a normal case for sure. And we are still to see the results. As said we are quite short in numbers and we might fail to make full udp in all games despite in league with the same numbers we do it. Also we shoud see how it goes in the long run. As stated many countries had their own NTs at some point but its no more the case. In fact now strats the hardest part securing what we achieved and expanding it steadily.

As for the topic here whether 7 foreigners are too much for a team I guess we will see. If its used in teams that could make a NT without so many foreigner or we really reach the extreme point 5 players +2 managers I think is not going to be that good, but I dont feel there will be much casese like that.

But for sure we will not see it fair if our team full of noobs has to play with lets say Ireland (nothing against just an example) a country that doest have a team of local players but has selected a bunch of top users like: vileee, champ, superluck, ramsey, brent, jacob and Diable Rouge. Who cant play for own National teams but together are an all stars team that is title contender.
MatthewRoy
#48 Posted : Sunday, March 29, 2015 2:03:39 AM

I understand the argument of "my team can't possibly be active" when it comes down to people like Ramsey, Anti and such where their nation potential userbase is so small they really don't have the means to make an active side without making fid their second job or paying people to play

but how many national communities actually try to do recruiting, to build close to full nationality sides in a league in a good time slot. All people making arguments for their nation inactivity. But then when you look at it we have these counties with active NTs in one of the last WCs.. you could call all of these "small countries" as well:

Serbia 7M
Croatia 4M
Bosnia 3M
Czech Republic 10M

Now Mini brought up Norway as an example of a nation that couldn't play without the rules changing. I want to think about their situation
They have a core of at least 5 above average users (at least for NT level):
Champ (plays in all the top leagues)
Unkwown (good user, quit the game?)
Juler (plays in all the top leagues)
TeamLegend (plays in good teams in ITA/ENG/SWE)
Haftor (plays in ITA/SWE/SPA)
WesBrown (plays in ITA/ENG2A)

After these guys there isn't much (2-3 users at most). So I understand why they are in a position where right now they can't partecipate without more newbies or external help.

they could decide to make together an academy in a decent time slot to teach new users, they are not in the best situation but they are not that far away from those 9-10 decent reliable users you need (then you can still add 3 foreign players to those with the old rules)

or thanks to the new rules they are able to get 2 managers and 5 players, all foreigners. Yes it makes them active right now (which is the plus people seem to care about most) but what happens when they go on a shopping spree for the best foreign users they can get (It's an example of what could happen, what I would probably do if I where in that spot with these new rules allowing it)

What stops them from recruiting for example the 6/7 of the best users whose NT is inactive. So they end up having their core of above average users + all the best international users they can get.
Their team will look more like a RoW all stars selection team rather than the Norway NT. And all of this with zero effort (no dealing with newbies, no spreading the word about the game to get new users like people in other communities have to do) and they get an NT stronger than pretty much all teams outside from maybe Spain

How do you think it's fair to have rules that make a scenario like this possible?
Totò Novanta - #90 CD - FC Revolution 1A
Matthew Roy - #45 CF - FC Revolution 1A
Spartaco Mordente - #90 CM - Hattrick Mentalità 1A
Eugenio Martina - #90 CF - Squadra in Spagna 1A
Shonen Bat - #2 SD - Squadra in Spagna 1A
Ryan Giggs - #90 WF - Italian Revolution 1A

Manager:
Leonardo Manunta - Hattrick Mentalità 1A

Former characters:
Simodium
#49 Posted : Sunday, March 29, 2015 2:33:40 AM

Mini Miudo wrote:
Well then, maybe someone can pose a threat to Spain if others can become stronger. Wink I still don't see anything wrong with this. I agree with what Champ said, many players have played for different nations. This isn't RL, but it should still be possible. Maybe some requirements to join an NT wouldn't be the worst, but what about users with 1 char playing for example in England (they become eligible for it)? They don't allow foreigners but this is only a game, everyone should have a chance to play the WC!

But anyway, as you say, this is nothing like RL, so being able to join an NT randomly shouldn't be comparable. IRL anyone can play NT football because there's always enough footballers in a nation. However, in FID, there's many nations without enough users, so being able to change and help NTs like Norway, Scotland, etc. is good to give users a chance to play IMO.

Look, nobody is saying that less and less users should be able to attend WC, or nt matches in general.
The new rules go in that direction, we are just saying that a compromise would be ideal.

On one hand many more players will get to play, even only for the fact that once belonged to national teams that became inactive, and now they can come back playing for a NT of their choice (and with very little expense, in most of the cases).
On the other hand NTs still have to reflect national communities, therefore I expect every NT to field a large majority of users from that nation.

Characters in Spoiler

ITALIAN MODERATOR

FORUM RULES/GUIDELINES

villeeee
#50 Posted : Sunday, March 29, 2015 4:01:56 AM

Key User Group: User recieved this medal for taking part in the FID Key User Group (KUG)

MatthewRoy wrote:
but how many national communities actually try to do recruiting, to build close to full nationality sides in a league in a good time slot. All people making arguments for their nation inactivity. But then when you look at it we have these counties with active NTs in one of the last WCs.. you could call all of these "small countries" as well:

I tried that, for ages

But as long as the game is the equivalent to a steaming pile of elephant shyte, and the admins don't even make any effort to make the game worth playing, not many are going to stick around for more than a few days if even signing up.

I mean it's easy for you to talk, you come from a pretty big country where football is quite clearly the #1 sport. There aren't many countries where you would find it easier to recruit people for an online football game (even a terrible one) than Italy.

That doesn't, however, mean that you shouldn't at least have some level of understanding for how other countries may not have it as easy as you do.

Oh, and then if people didn't play this game like díckheads, kinda like many people from a certain country I already mentioned, then it might be easier to get new users into the game as well.
Champ78
#51 Posted : Sunday, March 29, 2015 5:13:04 AM

Mattthewroy:

To be honest, I and those I have gotten to help me have tried to recruit norwegian users for 3 years now (i dont know if any remembers Bergen Mcstropp that was the flagship of that), but we have lost ALOT of users to playing against teams with majority of users from countries, around the mediterian ocean (italy, spain, adriatic countries) and also later stages, Poland and Czech.

When you add on top, some faults in the ME that seems soo easy to fix, and soo unlogical.
In my time as president we have lots an entire NT of users, due to: boredom and frustration over unlogical ME faults.

willymcstropp
nyhammer
tjobben
magniator
Unknowngenius
amorpheus
arildrotmo
jimmy
xe800
vanderlunde
nor candyman

and some more.

Another thing: can you show me another country, where football have the same place as sport, as in norway, with similar big potential user base, that have a large amount of users to choose from (i dont count the nation that clearly have a huge amount of unon-unique users)
Quote:
We're the hero FID deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, you'll hunt us, because we can take it. We're not your hero. We are Norway
feelow
#52 Posted : Sunday, March 29, 2015 8:09:01 AM

so you worry more about

whom ll be strong enough to win than for more activity?

mathew

lets give a life to yor example and say that norway do it and have a very very strong team (not so good for others nteams with native users)

but think this also ll do and teams like poland romania scot greece indo .....

and so game ll have and more active nteams and more strong nteams which ll bring more competitive wc games

so think the general view predominates

ps: may 7foreign users seems yor eyes too much but its proven from older rules that 3foreigns werent enough

and am not sure enough if iz 7(5players plus 2mans) or 5 foreigns in general or 6(man+5 in green)Confused
tiraths27
#53 Posted : Sunday, March 29, 2015 11:39:14 AM

I can see where MatthewRoy/Simon are coming from, but you cant expect users to recruit people from their nation when currently the admins aren't doing it themselves.

As champ said, around 30% of the top users can't play in the WC currently which is ridiculous. I think you should just see this change as temporary to invlove this 30%. I'm sure someone like Champ (NOR president) would rather play for his nation alongside Norwegien players as opposed to foreign. But for now, due to limitations of how the game keeps new users, he would still prefer to play with a half foreign Norway than not at all.

If/when the state of the game improves, then this rule can be looked at again (to avoid having a RoW team like you mention)

Super Club Soccer - Life after FID
Link to User

TROPHY CABINET | SEASON 20-24

andrewred19
#54 Posted : Sunday, March 29, 2015 12:37:28 PM

Smiler wrote:
I am inclined to agree that 5 is too many plus managers. What can be done is the WC rules stipulate how many players are allowed in an NT Team for WC matches.

Terrible Idea. They allowed 5 foreigners for NTs and NTs are only created cuz of WC. So it would just defeat the point if you put restricitions
A.Ramsey wrote:

Highlights of tonight.... Andy doing an Ashley Young to get you a late red card:

Neuromancer1
#55 Posted : Sunday, March 29, 2015 1:28:49 PM

Roll out the oil money Andy, you got some recruiting to do Laugh Out Loud Laugh Out Loud Whistle

Champ78
#56 Posted : Sunday, March 29, 2015 1:52:49 PM

Well I wont be suprised this wil lactually happen in RL, Qatar bought themself a second place in Handball WC this january, with a team based on north africans and East europeans (among them a gk playing for Barcelona Flapper)

And when WC is to be held in Qatar in not soo long, I will not be supprised that they are in the makeing of buying 20 brazlians to create Qatar team
Quote:
Simodium
#57 Posted : Sunday, March 29, 2015 2:31:22 PM

tiraths27 wrote:
I can see where MatthewRoy/Simon are coming from, but you cant expect users to recruit people from their nation when currently the admins aren't doing it themselves.

As champ said, around 30% of the top users can't play in the WC currently which is ridiculous. I think you should just see this change as temporary to invlove this 30%. I'm sure someone like Champ (NOR president) would rather play for his nation alongside Norwegien players as opposed to foreign. But for now, due to limitations of how the game keeps new users, he would still prefer to play with a half foreign Norway than not at all.

If/when the state of the game improves, then this rule can be looked at again (to avoid having a RoW team like you mention)

No wonder it's 30% and not 50% Flapper
Those who did not get to play in WC so far (or had very few chances), now have a chance to join other NTs, but at least it's unlikely that they can form a dream team.

Far be it from me to defend admins job (especially since I'm criticizing a decision of theirs), but one cannot state they did not address the flaws in the game.
They maybe took to long, they often made rushed decisions that turned to be counterproductive afterwards, but one of the big mistakes they could do is taking decisions that they already know must be tweaked again in the near future.
Suppose that the tutorials are ready in 1 season... are they gonna force users to leave foreign NTs because 5 suddenly became too much?

Characters in Spoiler

ITALIAN MODERATOR

FORUM RULES/GUIDELINES

tiraths27
#58 Posted : Sunday, March 29, 2015 2:39:47 PM

Simodium wrote:
Far be it from me to defend admins job (especially since I'm criticizing a decision of theirs), but one cannot state they did not address the flaws in the game.
They maybe took to long, they often made rushed decisions that turned to be counterproductive afterwards, but one of the big mistakes they could do is taking decisions that they already know must be tweaked again in the near future.
Suppose that the tutorials are ready in 1 season... are they gonna force users to leave foreign NTs because 5 suddenly became too much?
I wasn't criticising admins, just stating the fact that they aren't currently putting money into advertising until the user retention rate is improved.

Whether its 1 season or 5 seasons until the user count starts to increase again, we can cross that bridge when we come to it.

Super Club Soccer - Life after FID
Link to User

TROPHY CABINET | SEASON 20-24

Smiler
#59 Posted : Sunday, March 29, 2015 2:44:38 PM

Game Master Icon: Medal received for taking part in Footballidentity's Game Master team

I think the best will be to allow 5 in Team Sheet and 3 on the pitch.
Simodium
#60 Posted : Sunday, March 29, 2015 3:31:59 PM

tiraths27 wrote:
Simodium wrote:
I wasn't criticising admins, just stating the fact that they aren't currently putting money into advertising until the user retention rate is improved.

Whether its 1 season or 5 seasons until the user count starts to increase again, we can cross that bridge when we come to it.

If I were in their shoes, I would FIRST focus in user retention, only then invest in advertising.
Otherwise it's a waste of money.
You don't host guests when your home is dirty and messed up.

You did not answer my question: What if the (hopefully) right measures are ready in relatively short time? Are you gonna tweak the rules again and cause even more frustration?
I would be upset if I got 2nd nationality only to leave it after a couple of seasons, with or without credits expense (can you figure out the time spent to revert all nationality belonging from 1 date on? Not to mention the disputes about who has the right to keep 2nd nationality and who must get kicked out instead).

Characters in Spoiler

ITALIAN MODERATOR

FORUM RULES/GUIDELINES