Welcome Guest Active Topics | Log In

3 Pages <123
Season 24- FID Champions League Changes Discussion Options
Champ78
#41 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2015 11:01:08 PM

It is all about priorities ?

You think you would get more or less teams active if you wouldnt allow teams to have PKO when they want ? Compared to forceing all teams to have PKO inside a very small window ?
Quote:
We're the hero FID deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, you'll hunt us, because we can take it. We're not your hero. We are Norway
Influential me
#42 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2015 11:37:55 PM

Champ78 wrote:
It is all about priorities ?

You think you would get more or less teams active if you wouldnt allow teams to have PKO when they want ? Compared to forceing all teams to have PKO inside a very small window ?

Surely active teams should get priorities, and in fact, a semi final saw a team usually very active struggle due to the early match time. Loads of teams prefer later games, according to PKO, so it would only be a minimal number of teams doing earlier PKO, which would affect those active sides with later times. Should those with later preferences deserve to be facing an early kickoff time from a team who are one of very few sides with early times?
Champ78
#43 Posted : Wednesday, March 25, 2015 1:18:21 AM

Soo you are exckuding 4-5 top fid teams due to them wanting to play on a different time ?

In you alternative NO team would have more then 30 percent UDP 8in average) or do you want UFCL to be a tourney for the bottom teams and league 2?
Quote:
We're the hero FID deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, you'll hunt us, because we can take it. We're not your hero. We are Norway
stefan1987
#44 Posted : Thursday, March 26, 2015 9:22:40 PM

Influential me
#45 Posted : Sunday, April 05, 2015 10:52:58 PM

I have decided not to run the FID Champions League next season. I apologize to those who were interested in this. Potentially another comp that's not happening. Contact me if you want to know why.
ethernaldreams
#46 Posted : Monday, May 11, 2015 2:24:54 PM

I am the new president of Competition Organization Group elected some days ago.

When you are working with a new concept, the more help available the better. In that connection, I am open to any constructive proposal or idea for next World Cups or UFCL's, also we have some urgent tasks ahead looking the situation... but this is not your problem Flapper

Feedback is so important for me, that is what I call. If you have anything to say for improve the cups, this is the moment Wink . Thanks.
Retired

ethernaldreams
#47 Posted : Monday, May 11, 2015 2:45:11 PM

Suggestions & problems

- [IDEA & IMPORTANT] Discussion about when we play (Tuesday Matches before/after Netherlands games?) (Friday too?) (Smart PKO, it's not weekend... league time mb)
- [IDEA] Entry fee and then give rewards to top two/three teams. (High prizes, semi-finalists with minor prizes)
- [IMPORTANT] Create an updated post with all rules (give me suggestions for rules?)
- [IMPORTANT] Create an extended & updated FAQ for avoid problems
- [IDEA] Start with "official" media like streamings, radio talking about the cup, live draws etc etc (select people for make it)
Retired

Zum54
#48 Posted : Monday, May 11, 2015 3:48:40 PM

Tuesday and Friday(no RL champions league) games would be much better in my opinion and in opinion of lots of players I play with. Saturdays are bad, especially in summer period.
Here is also important to put smart PKO. If playing Tuesday/Friday, you obviously don't want teams taking morning PKO, so maybe PKO=League time is good solution here.

If going with entry fee, it should be small, but I would rather like to see UFCL again being competition for top teams from every league (no entries for those who didn't make it through league system). In that case no entry fee, but playing UFCL is reward for playing good in league (as in RL).
OFC, this might lead to worse activity, if things are not perfectly organized, but I think with putting games on Tuesday/Friday you would already have much higher activity from top teams.
Also, by playing only top teams, UFCL would become important competition again. It's just no fun now when you see team that is bad in top league (or even division 2), getting in final stages of UFCL.
Also, activity problem can be partly sorted out with everyone playing qualification round(s)*

*Rounds - because it might be good to play first classic qualifications round and then giving another chance to active teams from first round. (idea need some development)

In case of playing only top teams, prizes should be high! By this I think like 15k for winner and maybe 7,5-10k for 2nd place. Semi-finalists should get something too.
Generally idea is that if you win competition, then you get enough/close to credits for 1year slot. (Winning the league takes one season, winning UFCL another, what's already 6months slot (600FIDC + actual reward = cca. 1000FIDC per character in team**)

**let's say average is 15 characters per team
My active slots:
#9 Razum Rondo - Side/Central Midfielder - Westwood United
#33 Razum The Truth - Central Defender - Westwood United
#3 Razum The Ball Stealer - Central Defender - Westwood United
#33 You Shall Not Pass Razum - Central Defender - Northern Assassins FC
#77 Razum MoetaPele oa Tshireletso - Central Defender - Gaborone Bloody Zebras
#8 Razum Obe Lewe - Central Midfielder - Gaborone Bloody Zebras

My trophies:

tiraths27
#49 Posted : Monday, May 11, 2015 4:49:22 PM

Yeah as Razum mentions, I think the only way you'll improve activity of UFCL is to change the time (after Netherlands would be good?) and to give big prizes.

Its no secret that the standard of teams has decreased so much in the last year. Teams like Puckoon wouldn't have got through qualifying stages (no offence) but they reached the final last time just for having great activity.

There's not much we can do about the standard of teams, but the first 2 points will at least boost activity.

Super Club Soccer - Life after FID
Link to User

TROPHY CABINET | SEASON 20-24

ethernaldreams
#50 Posted : Monday, May 11, 2015 4:51:37 PM

Zum54 wrote:
Tuesday and Friday(no RL champions league) games would be much better in my opinion and in opinion of lots of players I play with. Saturdays are bad, especially in summer period.
Here is also important to put smart PKO. If playing Tuesday/Friday, you obviously don't want teams taking morning PKO, so maybe PKO=League time is good solution here.

If going with entry fee, it should be small, but I would rather like to see UFCL again being competition for top teams from every league (no entries for those who didn't make it through league system). In that case no entry fee, but playing UFCL is reward for playing good in league (as in RL).
OFC, this might lead to worse activity, if things are not perfectly organized, but I think with putting games on Tuesday/Friday you would already have much higher activity from top teams.
Also, by playing only top teams, UFCL would become important competition again. It's just no fun now when you see team that is bad in top league (or even division 2), getting in final stages of UFCL.
Also, activity problem can be partly sorted out with everyone playing qualification round(s)*

*Rounds - because it might be good to play first classic qualifications round and then giving another chance to active teams from first round. (idea need some development)

In case of playing only top teams, prizes should be high! By this I think like 15k for winner and maybe 7,5-10k for 2nd place. Semi-finalists should get something too.
Generally idea is that if you win competition, then you get enough/close to credits for 1year slot. (Winning the league takes one season, winning UFCL another, what's already 6months slot (600FIDC + actual reward = cca. 1000FIDC per character in team**)

Thanks mate, added some good concepts on the main post... but will count with the entire post for the future, thanks smiling
Retired

ethernaldreams
#51 Posted : Monday, May 11, 2015 5:00:12 PM

tiraths27 wrote:
Yeah as Razum mentions, I think the only way you'll improve activity of UFCL is to change the time (after Netherlands would be good?) and to give big prizes.

Its no secret that the standard of teams has decreased so much in the last year. Teams like Puckoon wouldn't have got through qualifying stages (no offence) but they reached the final last time just for having great activity.

There's not much we can do about the standard of teams, but the first 2 points will at least boost activity.

Ye, UFCL needs a total rework from the start... due to this, probably we are not going to have UFCL on this season. The season started some days ago and we have nothing (another bad UFCL could be so bad for the game), calendar is moving and I don't have nothing actually.
Retired

scotty196222
#52 Posted : Monday, May 11, 2015 6:28:53 PM

Zum54 wrote:

Totally agree Applause

Maybe the top 2 teams of their own individual league should be obliged to at least enter.

I also think that the games should be played on the days as mentioned and after the Dutch league games, it makes sense in both instances.

Quote:
I wonder what shenanigans I was getting up to on that evening.....

ethernaldreams
#53 Posted : Tuesday, May 12, 2015 1:54:42 PM

More feedback plz, we are creating some things smiling
Retired

vercetti
#54 Posted : Tuesday, May 12, 2015 4:11:46 PM

Moderator: Medal received for taking part in Footballidentity's Moderator team

I think it's stupid that the IFIDA are advertising for someone to takeover the Finland timeslot. I said it a while back to use that slot for these competitions. UFCL on a Tuesday night after Netherlands.

The one big negative is that the top teams from each league consist of the same core of users. So if Westwood(England 1 Champions) entered the UFCL, then Northern Assassins and Phoenix(Italys top 2) and RSM(France 1 Runners-Up) would probably not be able to enter since all games would have the same kickoff time after Netherlands.

You could potentially seed the teams and stagger the games over Tue and Fri but not sure if it would work.

I'd personally just make it a Tuesday night competition with massive price money and hope to attract the big teams and see how it goes for a season.