Welcome Guest Active Topics | Log In


3 Pages <123>
Season 24- FID Champions League Changes Discussion Options
Champ78
#21 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2015 5:27:56 PM





Rank: Master
Joined: 10/8/2011
Posts: 3,688
Points: 11,823
Location: Lier
Most teams dont know when to play, until after the last league match before, soo to re scheduel for friday, thursday night , is prolly a bit late ?
Quote:
We're the hero FID deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, you'll hunt us, because we can take it. We're not your hero. We are Norway
AEKWazzaa
#22 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2015 6:49:10 PM





Rank: Junior
Joined: 2/12/2013
Posts: 115
Points: 348
Good luck first of all.

Secondly I agree totally with Champ. The earlier the better.

Another thing that is Important, is to be a Trophy. Maybe some Fid Credits for the Winners?
I think this would help the "Activity issue". If you think that this would make the things worse there is another solution.

You should send messages to every team manager (that is in a good position) to take part in the C.L.
Cause a bad thing that is happening is that always the same teams take part in the UFCL. No more new teams. Thats a problem that should be fixed.

Finally I agree with the Tuesday matches!!! That's the day of the Champions League lads!!!
Influential me
#23 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2015 9:23:28 PM





Rank: Expert
Joined: 12/23/2013
Posts: 1,896
Points: 5,737
Okay, so right now, we need to see which of these users prefer;

1) Original matchdays on Saturday or Tuesday. Saturday/Tuesday
2) Should other days be allowed too? Yes/No
3) PKO time rules changed? Yes/No
4) If so, what changes? State changes if Q3 was Yes

If you can answer these four questions, it would be beneficial. The potential answers are in red, and for Q4, state changes.

Edit- massive mistake as with Champ's post Laugh Out Loud
Bjule
#24 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2015 10:17:54 PM




Rank: Junior
Joined: 3/5/2013
Posts: 109
Points: 330
Make an entry feee, and then give prizes for top 3, or top 2 teams....
Addrenry
#25 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2015 10:18:44 PM





Rank: Junior
Joined: 10/20/2012
Posts: 161
Points: 504
Champ78 wrote:
Another things is:

- Isnt tuesday the day "all" National teams play their friendlies ?

- Isnt there the thing that says it has to be 60 minutes between the end of one match until the start of next (for holland teams to play i mean) I think i saw something about that

yea, for the same and only reason that UFCL plays on a saturday. those are the two viable days and till now, the saturday slot has been filled by UFCL.

on a seperate note, having witnessed my own team fall out of the UFCL this season because of a strange kickoff request by our opponent (who play in the same league as us) requesting far out of our regular time zone's match-time, would be very interested in setting a limit to PKOs in terms of relevance to the regular match times. as it is its a bit of a lottery as to which team can field an active side which detracts from the competition.
Influential me
#26 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2015 10:23:27 PM





Rank: Expert
Joined: 12/23/2013
Posts: 1,896
Points: 5,737
Addrenry wrote:
Champ78 wrote:
Another things is:

- Isnt tuesday the day "all" National teams play their friendlies ?

- Isnt there the thing that says it has to be 60 minutes between the end of one match until the start of next (for holland teams to play i mean) I think i saw something about that

yea, for the same and only reason that UFCL plays on a saturday. those are the two viable days and till now, the saturday slot has been filled by UFCL.

on a seperate note, having witnessed my own team fall out of the UFCL this season because of a strange kickoff request by our opponent (who play in the same league as us) requesting far out of our regular time zone's match-time, would be very interested in setting a limit to PKOs in terms of relevance to the regular match times. as it is its a bit of a lottery as to which team can field an active side which detracts from the competition.


What sort of limit? No one has actually suggested anything yet in terms of this, even though it'll be important for changes.
Champ78
#27 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2015 10:25:13 PM





Rank: Master
Joined: 10/8/2011
Posts: 3,688
Points: 11,823
Location: Lier
Well, by limiting PKO to near league times, you will have a problem; all teams form Sweden, England, Adriatic, Frane, Italy, Holland, would be forced to have about the same PKO, wich means the amount of teams able to sign up will be limited, as users would have to choose wich team to play for. Or they all sign up, and end up with UDP of 2-3 players
Quote:
We're the hero FID deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, you'll hunt us, because we can take it. We're not your hero. We are Norway
Champ78
#28 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2015 10:26:57 PM





Rank: Master
Joined: 10/8/2011
Posts: 3,688
Points: 11,823
Location: Lier
1) Original matchdays on Sunday or Tuesday. Saturday !
2) Should other days be allowed too? Yes if both teams agree more then 4 days in advance
3) PKO time rules changed? NO
4) If so, what changes? State changes if Q3 was Yes Unvalid
Quote:
We're the hero FID deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, you'll hunt us, because we can take it. We're not your hero. We are Norway
Addrenry
#29 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2015 10:34:01 PM





Rank: Junior
Joined: 10/20/2012
Posts: 161
Points: 504
Influential me wrote:
Okay, so right now, we need to see which of these users prefer;

1) Original matchdays on Sunday or Tuesday. Sunday/Tuesday
2) Should other days be allowed too? Yes/No
3) PKO time rules changed? Yes/No
4) If so, what changes? State changes if Q3 was Yes

If you can answer these four questions, it would be beneficial. The potential answers are in red, and for Q4, state changes.


i'd give 2) a definite no - from an organisational POV it would be impossible to nail down all the fixture assignments before the new week. there has to be a recognisable and manageable deadline in place every week.

im quite happy with 1) either way, as they are both days that are filled by UFCL/internationals right now, but i think it has to be one or the other, so that it doesn't prohibit the latter (internationals) on the grounds of UFCL commitments. thats just common sense.

3) certainly needs a little tweaking, leading into: 4) teams should be keeping at least somewhat close to their regular league times, as this would make compromises less compromising for cases where there are bad matchups in terms of time-zone with regards to opponents. a moderate band of 4-5 hours should be sufficient, and typical league times should be kept in mind when two teams of the same league/time-zone get drawn against each other, when selecting the favoured KO time for the match. i would even suggest that when two teams play each other they have the difference between match times used as a tertiary point of reference anyway. so for eg: Team 1 plays 8:30pm universal time; has a PKO of 7:30, the other, Team 2: plays 10:30pm and has a preferred time of 11pm - the league difference time would prefer 9:30pm, whereas PKO would prefer 8:45pm. mash em together and you get a time of 9:05pm or 9:10pm, which much better reflects the team's likely times of activity.

Influential me
#30 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2015 10:42:43 PM





Rank: Expert
Joined: 12/23/2013
Posts: 1,896
Points: 5,737
Cheers Champ and Addrenry, I am doing a spreadsheet of your favored results, so keep it fairly short. For Q4, I am looking for a rough barrier of PKO (E.G. 2 hours either side of league time).
Champ78
#31 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2015 11:12:55 PM





Rank: Master
Joined: 10/8/2011
Posts: 3,688
Points: 11,823
Location: Lier
Influential me wrote:
Cheers Champ and Addrenry, I am doing a spreadsheet of your favored results, so keep it fairly short. For Q4, I am looking for a rough barrier of PKO (E.G. 2 hours either side of league time).


Wich leads to this: England, Sweden, France, Italy, Romania, Holland, Czech, Portugal, Spain, Adriatic, All will ahve the same PKO, Would do wonders for UDP, no teams will ahve UDP over 30 percent
Quote:
We're the hero FID deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, you'll hunt us, because we can take it. We're not your hero. We are Norway
gooner4ever
#32 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2015 11:22:49 PM





Rank: Moderation
Joined: 7/16/2012
Posts: 2,574
Points: 7,868
1) Original matchdays on Saturday or Tuesday.Saturday
2) Should other days be allowed too? Yes
3) PKO time rules changed? Yes
4) If so, what changes?Add a region of KO times where a team can't play (e.g. 03:00-15:00), and then the KO can't be in those times.
GOONER4EVER


ENG-FIDA PRESIDENT - MODERATOR

TITLES:
Champ78
#33 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2015 3:16:00 PM





Rank: Master
Joined: 10/8/2011
Posts: 3,688
Points: 11,823
Location: Lier
I have been bored today, and have taken a look at the top 4 teams in thoose leagues, that will be forced to have "same" PKO with Bretts system. Soo far (after England, Sweden, France, Italy) There is only ONE TEAM that would NOT haveserious conflict with were users should play.

Soo get a gripp Bretty and start thinking !
Quote:
We're the hero FID deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, you'll hunt us, because we can take it. We're not your hero. We are Norway
Influential me
#34 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2015 5:30:34 PM





Rank: Expert
Joined: 12/23/2013
Posts: 1,896
Points: 5,737
Champ78 wrote:
I have been bored today, and have taken a look at the top 4 teams in thoose leagues, that will be forced to have "same" PKO with Bretts system. Soo far (after England, Sweden, France, Italy) There is only ONE TEAM that would NOT haveserious conflict with were users should play.

Soo get a gripp Bretty and start thinking !


It was an example. That is the sort of thing I am looking for, it doesn't mean I want it to be 2 hours either side no matter what Flapper
Champ78
#35 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2015 6:01:04 PM





Rank: Master
Joined: 10/8/2011
Posts: 3,688
Points: 11,823
Location: Lier
how about+1/-10 on league times Flapper
Quote:
We're the hero FID deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, you'll hunt us, because we can take it. We're not your hero. We are Norway
Influential me
#36 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2015 6:02:49 PM





Rank: Expert
Joined: 12/23/2013
Posts: 1,896
Points: 5,737
Champ78 wrote:
how about+1/-10 on league times Flapper


Don't really understand what you mean here. Explain with an example please smiling
Champ78
#37 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2015 6:11:15 PM





Rank: Master
Joined: 10/8/2011
Posts: 3,688
Points: 11,823
Location: Lier
When i joined FID, the rule for PKO like this: 10 hours before normal league time or 1 hour after league kick off, if that made sense ?

Soo the kick had to be inside that window


I looked a little more on my spreadsheet, and I am sure, that when i have looked at Adritic league, and the odd teams that was in it, and that prolly will sing up next season too, Sarmat, Slovan, Basket etc, there will be no teams that wouldnt get conflicts if UFCL KO should be based on league kickoff
Quote:
We're the hero FID deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, you'll hunt us, because we can take it. We're not your hero. We are Norway
Influential me
#38 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2015 6:17:26 PM





Rank: Expert
Joined: 12/23/2013
Posts: 1,896
Points: 5,737
Champ78 wrote:
When i joined FID, the rule for PKO like this: 10 hours before normal league time or 1 hour after league kick off, if that made sense ?

Soo the kick had to be inside that window


I looked a little more on my spreadsheet, and I am sure, that when i have looked at Adritic league, and the odd teams that was in it, and that prolly will sing up next season too, Sarmat, Slovan, Basket etc, there will be no teams that wouldnt get conflicts if UFCL KO should be based on league kickoff


I understand, thanks. However, I figure that there may as well be no change if you're doing 10 hours before as earliest. That's ridiculous. Maybe 6-8 hours at the maximum imo.
Champ78
#39 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2015 8:14:33 PM





Rank: Master
Joined: 10/8/2011
Posts: 3,688
Points: 11,823
Location: Lier
What is wrong with playing ufcl match during the day on saturdays ?
Quote:
We're the hero FID deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, you'll hunt us, because we can take it. We're not your hero. We are Norway
Influential me
#40 Posted : Tuesday, March 24, 2015 8:21:05 PM





Rank: Expert
Joined: 12/23/2013
Posts: 1,896
Points: 5,737
Champ78 wrote:
What is wrong with playing ufcl match during the day on saturdays ?


The fact the majority of people struggle to make it as they may be busy. Flapper
Users browsing this topic
guest (2)
3 Pages <123>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Official FID Theme by FIDAdmin1 (the one and only)
Powered by YAF 1.9.3 | YAF © 2003-2009, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.188 seconds.

© 2010 CommuniSport AB - User Agreement and Policy

Advertise on Footballidentity