Welcome Guest Active Topics | Log In

3 Pages 123>
Season 24- FID Champions League Changes Discussion Options
Influential me
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 22, 2015 10:10:59 PM

Hello!

Myself and Trend will be working together on the Champions League for next season after GGib's successful reign of running the competition and we are looking for more input from the community to discuss what should be changed or created to make the competition better. We wouldn't mind if anyone came up with a suggestion, and you can feel free to debate and discuss, but keep it clean from the ordinary Forum rules of course.

Asked changes that can work for Season 24-

Also, we are keen on adding one or two users who can help with the co-ordination of the tournament for next season, who will be able to comment on rules and changes in particular. However, if you would like to help out with anything, then feel free to ask me or Trend.

User links-

This discussion could be a crucial part of the future of FID's Champions League. We have been considering the PKO (Preferred Kick-off time) in particular, and want your thoughts on that. Any other suggestions is a bonus that will be allowed to be discussed, but avoid silliness. Now, get discussing! smiling
Sponsor  

-GGib-
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 22, 2015 10:14:27 PM

Moderator: Medal received for taking part in Footballidentity's Moderator team

Best of luck from my part! I'm sure you guys will do a fine job! smiling

Global Moderator
Please send me messages via PM rather than chat, as I may not see them.

Help/Support Procedure & Reporting Cheaters

Uute Mängijate Juhendamiskeskus

Influential me
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 22, 2015 10:17:28 PM

-GGib- wrote:
Best of luck from my part! I'm sure you guys will do a fine job! smiling

Thanks smiling
gooner4ever
#4 Posted : Sunday, March 22, 2015 10:58:07 PM

Good luck to you and "Trend" Flapper

How will the PKO system work?
GOONER4EVER

ENG-FIDA PRESIDENT - MODERATOR

TITLES:
Influential me
#5 Posted : Sunday, March 22, 2015 10:59:56 PM

gooner4ever wrote:
Good luck to you and "Trend" Flapper

How will the PKO system work?

That's where the discussion comes into it Flapper

I have my opinion, but I would like to see other opinions at the moment.
AoG90
#6 Posted : Sunday, March 22, 2015 11:10:33 PM

I would want to suggest the idea of changing matchday to Tuesdays. There is only one active league in Netherlands playing that day. You could play UFCL before and after Netherlands (maybe even during?). Perhaps that would make it possible for more team to participate since Saturdays has never really been popular as a matchday. I think it's worth thinking of at least.

Characterlinks in the Spoiler
Influential me
#7 Posted : Sunday, March 22, 2015 11:17:57 PM

AoG90 wrote:
I would want to suggest the idea of changing matchday to Tuesdays. There is only one active league in Netherlands playing that day. You could play UFCL before and after Netherlands (maybe even during?). Perhaps that would make it possible for more team to participate since Saturdays has never really been popular as a matchday. I think it's worth thinking of at least.

I think it's decent, because it would give teams the chance to play on Tuesdays rather than Saturdays. However, both sides would need to agree.
Champ78
#8 Posted : Sunday, March 22, 2015 11:23:50 PM

Seems Czech League will be deleted ?

And I am not a big fan of tuesday matches, where as one can play much earlier/later during the weekend, then one can do during the week (remember all fid users are not from west europe, what is their prime time for fid, might be 1 hour before you get home from work)
Quote:
We're the hero FID deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, you'll hunt us, because we can take it. We're not your hero. We are Norway
Influential me
#9 Posted : Sunday, March 22, 2015 11:26:43 PM

Champ78 wrote:

And I am not a big fan of tuesday matches, where as one can play much earlier/later during the weekend, then one can do during the week (remember all fid users are not from west europe, what is their prime time for fid, might be 1 hour before you get home from work)

Maybe Tuesday games could be a 'second option' for teams who may struggle for Saturday games one week. The only suggestion is that both teams may have to agree to a Tuesday match- which wouldn't suit teams who play on Tuesday/Friday games.
Influential me
#10 Posted : Sunday, March 22, 2015 11:38:12 PM

Champ78 wrote:

It is unlikely considering the co-efficients. https://sites.google.com/site/fiduclic/coefficient
vercetti
#11 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2015 1:22:16 AM

I think it would either have to be a Tuesday or Saturday tournament. The idea that teams would have the option of playing Tuesdays instead of Saturdays would be a logistical nightmare.

As it stands managers can't get replies from other managers about KO time changes, so the thought of teams agreeing a day change would be a disaster. And then trying to get those matches scheduled on short notice.

In a perfect world managers would organise well in advance, but we all know these tournaments are pretty low on users interests.

If the tournament sticks with Saturdays, then I'd suspect users will suggest PKOs have to be within 4 hours of that teams league KO or something along those lines but I'm with the Spanish. I'd love if my teams games were playing around Midday, get the game over and done with and then have all Saturday to be doing whatever.

Personally I'd rather a Tuesday tournament with no PKO's. All games on after Netherlands. So your taking a similar KO time from 2 of the primary leagues (England and Italy). Finlands not active so no worries about clashing but condition could be an issue with only 1 days recovery for France and Italy and no recovery for Netherland.

Its good to see new guys coming in to organise this and trying to bring fresh ideas. But the inexperience of the future organisers is worrying. How long did the Italian Fantasy Football go until the likes of Mini were left doing the vast majority of the work.
Champ78
#12 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2015 4:04:10 AM

Another things is:

- Isnt tuesday the day "all" National teams play their friendlies ?

- Isnt there the thing that says it has to be 60 minutes between the end of one match until the start of next (for holland teams to play i mean) I think i saw something about that
Quote:
We're the hero FID deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, you'll hunt us, because we can take it. We're not your hero. We are Norway
bosko2602
#13 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2015 7:04:20 AM

Game Master Icon: Medal received for taking part in Footballidentity's Game Master team

vercetti wrote:
... but condition could be an issue with only 1 days recovery for France and Italy and no recovery for Netherland.

UFCL is kind of Friendly game, so teams starts with 100% Condition.

Champ78 wrote:

Isnt there the thing that says it has to be 60 minutes between the end of one match until the start of next (for holland teams to play i mean) I think i saw something about that

First match must end (5 minutes after end of match) before showing link for 2nd Match (10 minutes before KO).
gooner4ever
#14 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2015 8:06:11 AM

Tuesday = Czech, Holland, Finland, International Games.

If Holland is the most active and we don't want a clash, matches must be >18:00 or <21:30 - difficult to agree a time for all teams with those limits.

Saturday gives the flexibility.
GOONER4EVER

TITLES:
gooner4ever
#15 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2015 8:07:06 AM

But if the two managers can agree a time on a Tuesday, Friday, Sunday or any other day for that matter, they shouldn't just be limited to Saturdays.
GOONER4EVER

TITLES:
feelow
#16 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2015 8:47:15 AM

kill the ufcl

make a nteams league(tournament) on tuesday friday saturday

but have to kill and all leagues on those days and so same and with all flags leagues on every day
vercetti
#17 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2015 12:03:22 PM

bosko2602 wrote:
vercetti wrote:
... but condition could be an issue with only 1 days recovery for France and Italy and no recovery for Netherland.

UFCL is kind of Friendly game, so teams starts with 100% Condition.

I thought your condition resets after the UFCL/Friendly game to what it was before the game. If all games were Tuesday 15 minutes after Netherlands as I would like but won't suit many, then Netherlands players would be starting UFCL/Friendly games with 75ish condition. Or am I totally wrong?

gooner4ever wrote:
But if the two managers can agree a time on a Tuesday, Friday, Sunday or any other day for that matter, they shouldn't just be limited to Saturdays.

And Dan, you're delusional if you think managers are going to be that organised. Its kind of ironic that you suggest it considered how unorganised a manager you are. And Admins or IFIDA or whoever schedules games won't want it being done last minute.

This will have to be a 1 day a week tournament, its just a case of figuring out what day works best!! Staying Saturday seems the obvious choice!
Mini Miudo
#18 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2015 1:47:42 PM

vercetti wrote:
How long did the Italian Fantasy Football go until the likes of Mini were left doing the vast majority of the work.

Didn't last anything, I've been doing most of the work ever since I created the 2 sheets, which was before it even started. But I don't really care if they let this go the same way, since I'm done with UFCL after this season. Flapper
Silent Assassins FC
1x England Champions (S30)
10. Mini Cristiano Ronaldo - CF // 7. Mini Ricardo Quaresma - SM // 21. Mini Mauro Zárate - CF

Northern Assassins FC
7x Italy/Ireland Champions (S21, S23, S25, S26, S27, S28, S31), 1x UFCL Winners (S23)
1. Mini Rui Patrício - GK // 7. Mini Dries Mertens - SM // 24. Mini Alessandro Florenzi - SD

Titles: 7x Italy/Ireland Champion, 5x Sweden/Serbia Champion, 4x England Champion, 3x WC Winner, 2x France Champion, 2x UFCL Winner
World Awards: 4x Forward of the Year, 4x Golden Assist, 3x Golden Boot, 3x Golden Technique, 2x Golden Pass, 1x Midfielder of the Year, 1x Defender of the Year, 1x Keeper of the Year

Champ78
#19 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2015 2:25:50 PM

Bosko:

That will only work in group stage, as their the matches can end in a draw, lets say that a dutch/czech team plays a later stage ufcl match before their league match, and it goes to overtime, then that team would have to be bots in the league match after.

Soo i would say that either you have to kill off all leagues on tues/friday, or you have to have ufcl like it is on saturdays.

(A sidenote, romania and czech fida really should merge their leagues to make a more active league, instead of two very not soo active leagues, dominated by one team)
Quote:
gooner4ever
#20 Posted : Monday, March 23, 2015 4:08:06 PM

vercetti wrote:
gooner4ever wrote:

And Dan, you're delusional if you think managers are going to be that organised. Its kind of ironic that you suggest it considered how unorganised a manager you are. And Admins or IFIDA or whoever schedules games won't want it being done last minute.

This will have to be a 1 day a week tournament, its just a case of figuring out what day works best!! Staying Saturday seems the obvious choice!

I'm not saying if they happen to get two managers who want to,play on a Friday, 9pm for example and they've checked it with their teams, then thee shouldn't be anything stopping them from doing so. Obviously I want to keep Saturdays as the default days.
GOONER4EVER

TITLES: