Welcome Guest Active Topics | Log In

2 Pages 12>
Deployment of Some New Features and Bug Fixes - 2015-03-05 Options
FIDAdmin
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 05, 2015 1:53:13 PM

Head Staff Medal: Medal rewarded for being part of the Head Staff at Footballidentity

Today (March 5th 2015) we have deployed some bug fixes and some new features.

New Features:
* A tool for the GMs to terminate contracts (until now they could only revert contracts).
* Adding the possibility to change position for 18 year olds with supporter pass. A feature that makes it possible to change position for 18 year old footballers in order to make it easier to get new users active and get more active teams more easily. The position a footballer has when a match is loaded (just before the match link shows roughly 10 minutes before the match start) will be the one used in the match we may add.
* The possibility for managers and assistant managers to add an automatic welcome message that is sent out to the users who sign a trial contract with the team. This will hopefully make new users feel more personally welcomed to the team and give managers higher control of how they want to greet new team members with less effort.
* A new column showing the UDP of the last played match of the footballers on the team footballer page. The column can be visible by the “Field Chooser”.

Bug Fixes:
* Termination of time constrained bans (when being banned from the site) will be handled automatically (up until now this has not been working as intended).
* Link errors on the five last played matches on the team page for managers have been fixed.
* The links to the National Teams on the National Team summary site under the NFIDA have been fixed.
* The team forum post count on the navigation bar have been fixed and a "Set All Posts As read" link has been added on the Team Forum pages.
* Confidence has been investigated carefully and all bugs have hopefully been found and corrected.

Minor Graphical Change:
* Changed background of the site to a bit brighter version of the background. This was actually changed a couple of days ago.

Please remember to clear the cache.
FAQ: http://footballidentity.com/Help/Content/

Read our FAQ to find out more about:
- Getting Started
- My User
- Life of a Footballer
- Playing the Matches
- Life of a Manager
- Teams and Competitions
- Life of a Journalist
- Newspapers and Articles
- Communicating within Footballidentity
- General Navigation
- Having more than one Character

Match Engine Tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEj0mQV2e-M

Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Footballidentitycom/177223154315?ref=nf
Sponsor  

ethernaldreams
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 05, 2015 2:08:54 PM

Minor bug fixes.
Retired

Ferrazza11
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 05, 2015 2:15:08 PM

Game Master Icon: Medal received for taking part in Footballidentity's Game Master team

If you're adding columns in the players table, would be good to add the column "salary" on it. If you have young players in your team, as a manager, you've to check each player one by one to see if they are getting the maximum salary. With that column it will be faster.
-GGib-
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 05, 2015 2:20:43 PM

Moderator: Medal received for taking part in Footballidentity's Moderator team

FIDAdmin wrote:
* Confidence has been investigated carefully and all bugs have hopefully been found and corrected.

You mean that -GGib- investigated carefully, right? Flapper

Global Moderator
Please send me messages via PM rather than chat, as I may not see them.

Help/Support Procedure & Reporting Cheaters

Uute Mängijate Juhendamiskeskus

bosko2602
#5 Posted : Thursday, March 05, 2015 2:49:40 PM

Game Master Icon: Medal received for taking part in Footballidentity's Game Master team

Why not UDP "report" in Match-statistic? :/

And yes, Salary will be also good.
Allex
#6 Posted : Thursday, March 05, 2015 3:31:15 PM

Can you add (on a future update) the option to chose a continent when you set a trial contract?
I don't want to narrow the contract only for one country, but if I can select Europe it will be nice, because many non-EU users are coming at my team (in ROU) and it's clear that they can't play at that slot time Sad

31yo CF - Allex Ibrahimović - Team Ten SA Liga
27yo CF - Allex ™ - Team Basket 1 ENG
26yo CF - ALL3X ™ - Suicide Squad 1 FRA

awards & retired characters

# Champion: 1ROU (S 6,15,18) 1SCO (S 16,17,20) 1SWE (S 19,26,27) 1FRA (S 23,25) SA Liga (S 29) 2SWE (S 6) 2ENG (S 23)
# National Team: ROU U21 - silver medal (U21 WC season 20)
Xtream
#7 Posted : Thursday, March 05, 2015 4:15:44 PM

Head Staff Medal: Medal rewarded for being part of the Head Staff at FootballidentityGame Master Icon: Medal received for taking part in Footballidentity's Game Master team

Allex wrote:
Can you add (on a future update) the option to chose a continent when you set a trial contract?
I don't want to narrow the contract only for one country, but if I can select Europe it will be nice, because many non-EU users are coming at my team (in ROU) and it's clear that they can't play at that slot time Sad

It's a bit slower but you can add multiple countries for a trial contract.
Active Players

Managers

Retired

FORMER IRISH FIDA PRESIDENT - Irish FIDA Main Page
Allex
#8 Posted : Thursday, March 05, 2015 4:21:30 PM

Xtream wrote:
Allex wrote:

It's a bit slower but you can add multiple countries for a trial contract.

only 10 Flapper

31yo CF - Allex Ibrahimović - Team Ten SA Liga
27yo CF - Allex ™ - Team Basket 1 ENG
26yo CF - ALL3X ™ - Suicide Squad 1 FRA

awards & retired characters

# Champion: 1ROU (S 6,15,18) 1SCO (S 16,17,20) 1SWE (S 19,26,27) 1FRA (S 23,25) SA Liga (S 29) 2SWE (S 6) 2ENG (S 23)
# National Team: ROU U21 - silver medal (U21 WC season 20)
Influential me
#9 Posted : Thursday, March 05, 2015 5:03:27 PM

FIDAdmin wrote:

* The team forum post count on the navigation bar have been fixed and a "Set All Posts As read" link has been added on the Team Forum pages.

Thanks... It went from 92 down to 0 smiling
Mini Miudo
#10 Posted : Thursday, March 05, 2015 6:45:26 PM

Don't like the fact that you can change positions at 18yo. I mean, sure, it will help new people in the game who have picked a position like WF or ACM. But then when you're missing players someone can just change his position to whatever is needed and they can also adjust accordingly if they have SP. Completely nullifying any possible scouts the opponents have done and beating the purpose of having a position, making out of position penalties useless.
Silent Assassins FC
1x England Champions (S30)
10. Mini Cristiano Ronaldo - CF // 7. Mini Ricardo Quaresma - SM // 21. Mini Mauro Zárate - CF

Northern Assassins FC
7x Italy/Ireland Champions (S21, S23, S25, S26, S27, S28, S31), 1x UFCL Winners (S23)
1. Mini Rui Patrício - GK // 7. Mini Dries Mertens - SM // 24. Mini Alessandro Florenzi - SD

Titles: 7x Italy/Ireland Champion, 5x Sweden/Serbia Champion, 4x England Champion, 3x WC Winner, 2x France Champion, 2x UFCL Winner
World Awards: 4x Forward of the Year, 4x Golden Assist, 3x Golden Boot, 3x Golden Technique, 2x Golden Pass, 1x Midfielder of the Year, 1x Defender of the Year, 1x Keeper of the Year

Influential me
#11 Posted : Thursday, March 05, 2015 6:56:03 PM

Mini Miudo wrote:
Don't like the fact that you can change positions at 18yo. I mean, sure, it will help new people in the game who have picked a position like WF or ACM. But then when you're missing players someone can just change his position to whatever is needed and they can also adjust accordingly if they have SP. Completely nullifying any possible scouts the opponents have done and beating the purpose of having a position, making out of position penalties useless.

+1

Maybe give those 18 yo's with SP the chance to change their position only ONCE throughout their career?
gooner4ever
#12 Posted : Thursday, March 05, 2015 6:56:56 PM

Mini Miudo wrote:

I presume you can only change once? Otherwise it could be exploited, as Mini said.

Also just out of interest on this one, if that footballer has 5* AP in a position and then made their natural position the same position that they have 5* in, what would happen? E.g. if my SM (with 5* SD) changed to being an SD, would I then lose the AP? Not that I'm going to do that, just curious smiling
GOONER4EVER

ENG-FIDA PRESIDENT - MODERATOR

TITLES:
Influential me
#13 Posted : Thursday, March 05, 2015 6:58:57 PM

gooner4ever wrote:
Mini Miudo wrote:

I presume you can only change once? Otherwise it could be exploited, as Mini said.

Also just out of interest on this one, if that footballer has 5* AP in a position and then made their natural position the same position that they have 5* in, what would happen? E.g. if my SM (with 5* SD) changed to being an SD, would I then lose the AP? Not that I'm going to do that, just curious smiling

Dunno. try it and see what happens lol ;)
Smiler
#14 Posted : Thursday, March 05, 2015 7:01:29 PM

New Development. Eighteen years olds can now change position in a couple of clicks and with a supporters pass.

From Admin
* Adding the possibility to change position for 18 year olds with supporter pass. A feature that makes it possible to change position for 18 year old footballers in order to make it easier to get new users active and get more active teams more easily. The position a footballer has when a match is loaded (just before the match link shows roughly 10 minutes before the match start) will be the one used in the match we may add.

How does an 18 year old change position?

On the 18 year old character’s page click on the position.

Click ok and then select the desired position

Click set.

An 18 year old’s position with SP can be changed as many times as you like until he is 19 years old.

Once the desired position has be finalized you can then do as many adjustments you like to change the attributes as desired until he is 19.

Remember: 18 year old characters never ever have chemistry penalty no matter how many times they change teams.
Mini Miudo
#15 Posted : Thursday, March 05, 2015 7:18:28 PM

Quote:
An 18 year old’s position with SP can be changed as many times as you like until he is 19 years old.

Once the desired position has be finalized you can then do as many adjustments you like to change the attributes as desired until he is 19.

This is why it's a bad idea.
Silent Assassins FC
1x England Champions (S30)
10. Mini Cristiano Ronaldo - CF // 7. Mini Ricardo Quaresma - SM // 21. Mini Mauro Zárate - CF

Northern Assassins FC
7x Italy/Ireland Champions (S21, S23, S25, S26, S27, S28, S31), 1x UFCL Winners (S23)
1. Mini Rui Patrício - GK // 7. Mini Dries Mertens - SM // 24. Mini Alessandro Florenzi - SD

Titles: 7x Italy/Ireland Champion, 5x Sweden/Serbia Champion, 4x England Champion, 3x WC Winner, 2x France Champion, 2x UFCL Winner
World Awards: 4x Forward of the Year, 4x Golden Assist, 3x Golden Boot, 3x Golden Technique, 2x Golden Pass, 1x Midfielder of the Year, 1x Defender of the Year, 1x Keeper of the Year

didothunder
#16 Posted : Thursday, March 05, 2015 7:29:26 PM

I am going to try to stay open minded about this. Mini brought up a huge point of exploitation but I do see the value to new users coming into the game which would be the biggest benefit. Needing a supporters pass for this makes me wonder if that was the true target though unless it is included with the free one new users get.
Brent Little - Hendon - England 1A
Simply... the best keeper in the game
World Keeper of the Year - Season 20 - Hendon

Formerly from

ethernaldreams
#17 Posted : Thursday, March 05, 2015 7:39:09 PM

Footballidentity
Retired

FIDAdmin
#18 Posted : Friday, March 06, 2015 10:24:24 AM

Head Staff Medal: Medal rewarded for being part of the Head Staff at Footballidentity

didothunder wrote:
I am going to try to stay open minded about this. Mini brought up a huge point of exploitation but I do see the value to new users coming into the game which would be the biggest benefit. Needing a supporters pass for this makes me wonder if that was the true target though unless it is included with the free one new users get.

It is of course included in the free Supporter Pass new users get. And the whole point is that a team should be able to be filled up with Central Forwards and then the users can discuss how to solve it and then get the team active by simply change their main positions. This will give all those new users who does not get a chance right now to test FID a way to be picked up anyway and hopefully test a match and see that basicly all positions are fun to play - just as IRL. It will also help out to get teams fully active without forcing users to play out of position in thin squads.

Overall the main idea is to give a tool to make it easier to get fully active teams and pick upp all users signing up and creating footballers.

It could be used in order to confuse opponent scouts yes, but weighting pros and cons against each other... Well I think the pros are clearly heavier than the cons. The damage an 18 yr old can do by changing position and readjusting the attributes is not that big compared to how it was before this latest change.I mean the CF could readjust into a CD and vice versa already and then the users could simply position themself accordingly during the match.

But this is our view.
FAQ: http://footballidentity.com/Help/Content/

Read our FAQ to find out more about:
- Getting Started
- My User
- Life of a Footballer
- Playing the Matches
- Life of a Manager
- Teams and Competitions
- Life of a Journalist
- Newspapers and Articles
- Communicating within Footballidentity
- General Navigation
- Having more than one Character

Match Engine Tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEj0mQV2e-M

Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Footballidentitycom/177223154315?ref=nf
Smiler
#19 Posted : Friday, March 06, 2015 11:00:02 AM

How long does the free supporters pass last? Is it 2 weeks?
Ferrazza11
#20 Posted : Friday, March 06, 2015 11:46:22 AM