Welcome Guest Active Topics | Log In

3 Pages <123
Sneak peek on the new menu and site layout Options
Milda007
#41 Posted : Friday, November 21, 2014 12:59:04 PM

CUFC_Mike
#42 Posted : Friday, November 21, 2014 1:18:18 PM

Contributor Medal: User recieved this medal for the huge amount of work put into enhancing the FID experience.Key User Group: User recieved this medal for taking part in the FID Key User Group (KUG)

CUFC_Mike wrote:
Are the actual pages themselves going to be redesigned at some point? The league page for example is very stale, and could do with a makeover smiling Baby steps ofc Flapper

Will other pages be improved, or just the actual site overview?
Guess who's back? It's not Slim Shady...

Simodium
#43 Posted : Friday, November 21, 2014 2:09:30 PM

Simodium wrote:

Dunno whethere it's already been suggested, whatever...

I suggest to differentiate notifications: one for private messages, one for fida messages, one for system messages

Characters in Spoiler

ITALIAN MODERATOR

Please don't try to contact me via in-game chat, I might be afk. Send me a PM instead.
For spam or abuse reports use the proper links at the bottom-right of the incriminated post. Thank you.

Per domande legate alla moderazione non cercatemi nella chat del gioco, piuttosto mandatemi un PM.
Per segnalare spam o post offensivi usate i link appositi in basso a destra del post incriminato. Grazie.

FORUM RULES/GUIDELINES

FIDAdmin1
#44 Posted : Friday, November 21, 2014 2:10:58 PM

Head Staff Medal: Medal rewarded for being part of the Head Staff at Footballidentity

CUFC_Mike wrote:
CUFC_Mike wrote:
Are the actual pages themselves going to be redesigned at some point? The league page for example is very stale, and could do with a makeover smiling Baby steps ofc Flapper

Will other pages be improved, or just the actual site overview?

We will not make any major changes to the pages themselves in this release. I fully agree with you that we should remake pages (almost all of them could do with some kind of refurnishing but some more than others) and we also want to convert them fully to a newer site technology but that is a massive work and we do not yet know if we will do this before or after the tutorial work. From a logical point of view you would obviously like to remake the pages before you create a tutorial for them but the remaking of all pages might just take too much time so we need to discuss how we wanna go about doing this before taking a decision.
Help and FAQ

Stay updated by following us on:

...and follow my blog.

See how matches are played in this Youtube Tutorial.
Ocram
#45 Posted : Saturday, November 22, 2014 10:31:19 AM

Looks very nice and more clean, sure it will attract more new users. After this deployment, what is the priority for improvement?
CroPro
#46 Posted : Saturday, November 22, 2014 4:20:15 PM

FIDAdmin1
#47 Posted : Monday, December 15, 2014 2:03:02 PM

Head Staff Medal: Medal rewarded for being part of the Head Staff at Footballidentity

Ocram wrote:
Looks very nice and more clean, sure it will attract more new users. After this deployment, what is the priority for improvement?

After this release our priority will be as follows:

1. Improve system for pre-season maintenance
There are so many things going on during pre-season and some of them have been manually done by us up until now, taking way too much time from us, time that could be spent on improvements instead. These improvements won't take that much time but we still need to detach and work on them while the soft release (on S2) is running (and being tested by you guys).

2. 2nd prio site improvements and bug fixes
Following the soft-release on S2-server we will find bugs for sure (things that we can't find ourselves even though we've been making very thorough testing). Also we have a few things that we want to fix before releasing the new site design fully on all servers (but that we have excluded from soft-release due to not being extremely important). These things need sorting before full release.

3. Tutorial for new users
After this we will start implementing a tutorial for new users.

ME development:
We will (in parallel to the above) also investigate and see if there's any improvements we can do to goalkeeping in the ME.

Btw, the soft-release on S2-server is now very near. We believe we should be able to release on S2 this week.
Help and FAQ

...and follow my blog.

bosko2602
#48 Posted : Monday, December 15, 2014 2:48:19 PM

Game Master Icon: Medal received for taking part in Footballidentity's Game Master team

FIDAdmin1 wrote:
Ocram wrote:

There are so many things going on during pre-season and some of them have been manually done by us up until now, taking way too much time from us, time that could be spent on improvements instead. These improvements won't take that much time but we still need to detach and work on them while the soft release (on S2) is running (and being tested by you guys).

Following the soft-release on S2-server we will find bugs for sure (things that we can't find ourselves even though we've been making very thorough testing). Also we have a few things that we want to fix before releasing the new site design fully on all servers (but that we have excluded from soft-release due to not being extremely important). These things need sorting before full release.

ME development:
We will (in parallel to the above) also investigate and see if there's any improvements we can do to goalkeeping in the ME.

Btw, the soft-release on S2-server is now very near. We believe we should be able to release on S2 this week.

Woot Woot Woot

Dance
SpaceMonkey
#49 Posted : Monday, December 15, 2014 9:11:02 PM

bosko2602 wrote:
FIDAdmin1 wrote:
Ocram wrote:

ME development:

Woot Woot Woot

Dance

Are we talking midweek or later on the week?
Characters

Greatest Achievement:
FIDAdmin1
#50 Posted : Tuesday, December 16, 2014 3:44:13 PM

SpaceMonkey wrote:

Are we talking midweek or later on the week?

Well, we are currently aiming for tomorrow (Wednesday) but it is depending on how fixing/testing of the final bugs go (down to less than 20 small but important tasks to be done and tested before S2 release now).
Help and FAQ

...and follow my blog.

avp83
#51 Posted : Tuesday, December 16, 2014 9:58:16 PM

Moderator: Medal received for taking part in Footballidentity's Moderator team

Past, Present ... i hope the future will be "bright" !Wink

Good luck!
FIDAdmin1
#52 Posted : Wednesday, December 17, 2014 1:40:37 PM

So an update for those of you who are waiting impatiently for our release on S2. You will have to wait until tomorrow (hopefully we can do it early in the day) because we were not able to sort everything out up until very recently and we still need final testing to be done and matches starts in Indonesian league in just 20 minutes. And even though we are releasing this on our backup server only we will have to make changes to the database which requires us to make the release when no matches are running. So, you won't see the new site until tomorrow.
Help and FAQ

...and follow my blog.

SpaceMonkey
#53 Posted : Wednesday, December 17, 2014 4:45:24 PM

I know this is directly related to the new site layout but can we expect to see team logos on the league page in the future? Like the ones in FidPlus? It just feels like its missing, if you've used FidPlus, other than that it looks lovely.
Characters

Greatest Achievement:
SpaceMonkey
#54 Posted : Thursday, December 18, 2014 5:10:48 PM

Loving the new layout now it is up on S2. Nice and sleek. However I think it should be a lil bit bigger. When I zoom into 110% it fits more, in my opinion. Apart from that I cannot wait until it is implemented onto the actual site.
Characters

Greatest Achievement:
Mini Miudo
#55 Posted : Thursday, December 18, 2014 5:32:52 PM

Love it. But:

Translate pls Flapper

Also, is there no way to just put a background on the skill levels, like FIDPlus? I'll really miss that as FIDPlus doesn't seem to work with the new site. And maybe make it an option people can activate or deactivate. Having programmed before, it shouldn't be harder than "if (skill level >50.99 && <=60.99) bg color=#xxxxxx", depending on the language of course. Thinking
Silent Assassins FC
1x England Champions (S30)
10. Mini Cristiano Ronaldo - CF // 7. Mini Ricardo Quaresma - SM // 21. Mini Mauro Zárate - CF

Northern Assassins FC
7x Italy/Ireland Champions (S21, S23, S25, S26, S27, S28, S31), 1x UFCL Winners (S23)
1. Mini Rui Patrício - GK // 7. Mini Dries Mertens - SM // 24. Mini Alessandro Florenzi - SD

Titles: 7x Italy/Ireland Champion, 5x Sweden/Serbia Champion, 4x England Champion, 3x WC Winner, 2x France Champion, 2x UFCL Winner
World Awards: 4x Forward of the Year, 4x Golden Assist, 3x Golden Boot, 3x Golden Technique, 2x Golden Pass, 1x Midfielder of the Year, 1x Defender of the Year, 1x Keeper of the Year

FIDAdmin1
#56 Posted : Thursday, December 18, 2014 5:46:39 PM

Guys, please keep your feedback on the S2-release to this thread here: http://forum.footballide...mp;m=2772291#post2772291
Help and FAQ

...and follow my blog.

-GGib-
#57 Posted : Thursday, December 18, 2014 5:47:33 PM

Moderator: Medal received for taking part in Footballidentity's Moderator team

Could you make it so you would still be able to open new links in new tab with the new menu. I like to do it. smiling

Also, I'm unable to initiate a user-to-user chat.

Global Moderator
Please send me messages via PM rather than chat, as I may not see them.

Help/Support Procedure & Reporting Cheaters

Uute Mängijate Juhendamiskeskus

Milda007
#58 Posted : Thursday, December 18, 2014 6:06:24 PM

I'm sorry but I have never seen whether will stay the language of what he was or will we have to translate again?
FIDAdmin1
#59 Posted : Thursday, December 18, 2014 6:15:10 PM

Guys, as I said above. Can you please keep the feedback in the other topic that I linked to above so that we don't start building up feedback in multiple threads smiling

I will lock this topic now so that no new posts are made here.

Here's the other topic: http://forum.footballide...mp;m=2772291#post2772291
Help and FAQ

...and follow my blog.