Welcome Guest Active Topics | Log In

3 Pages <123>
Sneak peek on the new menu and site layout Options
Unkn0wngenius
#21 Posted : Monday, October 13, 2014 10:57:04 PM

FID Ambassador Medal: User recieved this medal for taking part in the FID Ambassador Program

You hacked Ragnevi's user? :O

World Champion S23

FIDAdmin1
#22 Posted : Monday, October 13, 2014 11:02:24 PM

Head Staff Medal: Medal rewarded for being part of the Head Staff at Footballidentity

Influential me wrote:
FIDAdmin1 wrote:
bosko2602 wrote:
CUFC_Mike wrote:
Looks good. Any chance you can fix the chat so it doesn't pop up annoyingly when you're in the middle of typing something else. I know you can open a 2nd window and then appear offline etc, but that's a workaround that shouldn't be needed.

There should be a simple online/offline setting for chat so if I don't want people to chat to me, they won't.

Yes, simply add button for "appear online" and "appear offline". And make chat as we have them when we watch matches in live center.

Actually we have other plans for the chat in the future. Basically we are planning to take away the chat completely and merge it with the messaging system (very similar to what you can currently find on facebook for example). Building the tutorial has higher prio though but we are hoping the change in chat/messaging system is not that far away. Therefore we won't be spending any time on other changes to the chat system since it will all be changed later on. Hopefully you can live with the workaround a while longer smiling

What you guys been doing these past months?! Your plans are awesome, and if executed with a aplomb, then there is a major chance it will be successful. The messaging system and less complicated layout, anything you're hiding from us? xD

To be completely honest the reason why big things are happening now and why it has been quite for a long time is because we have done things differently this time around. Instead of running after quick improvements here and there and instead of feeling extremely stressed about many things we have basically come to the conclusion that even though we have many smaller things that we need to do (and would like to do) there is no task more important than improving the experience and guidance of new users so that more of them stick to the game and so that the game can start growing again. We also realized that if we are going to be able to do this we need to do it right and we need to take our time defining the layout and the steps very carefully this time. That's why it's been a bit quiet (even though I have spoken about this many times in the past Flapper) and why there's now a bigger thing around the corner smiling
Help and FAQ

Stay updated by following us on:

...and follow my blog.

See how matches are played in this Youtube Tutorial.
FIDAdmin1
#23 Posted : Monday, October 13, 2014 11:03:20 PM

Head Staff Medal: Medal rewarded for being part of the Head Staff at Footballidentity

Unkn0wngenius wrote:
You hacked Ragnevi's user? :O

I don't think it qualifies as hacking if a password is as simple as "1234" right?
Help and FAQ

...and follow my blog.

uyke
#24 Posted : Tuesday, October 14, 2014 12:12:08 AM

FIDAdmin1 wrote:

Actually we have other plans for the chat in the future. Basically we are planning to take away the chat completely and merge it with the messaging system (very similar to what you can currently find on facebook for example).

Finally Arinho's important messages via-chat-instead-of-PM-system will persist somewhere Applause

Arinho 1 -0 Messaging system Laugh Out Loud
My dogs:

South American Representative @ International FIDA
Uruguay Representative @ South America Continental FIDA
President @ FIDA URUGUAY | Representative @ FIDA ARGENTINA | Representative @ FIDA GREECE | Representative @ FIDA VENEZUELA

ARINHO
#25 Posted : Tuesday, October 14, 2014 12:14:58 AM

uyke wrote:
FIDAdmin1 wrote:

Actually we have other plans for the chat in the future. Basically we are planning to take away the chat completely and merge it with the messaging system (very similar to what you can currently find on facebook for example).

Finally Arinho's important messages via-chat-instead-of-PM-system will persist somewhere Applause

Please don't Crying Crying Crying It's taking too much fun of the game away, reconsider pl0x.

Best player EU

Funny quote below

Best excuse EU below

ARINHO's school of GKing
uyke
#26 Posted : Tuesday, October 14, 2014 12:16:59 AM

ARINHO wrote:
uyke wrote:
FIDAdmin1 wrote:

Please don't Crying Crying Crying It's taking too much fun of the game away, reconsider pl0x.

I will miss your "Hey, read my chat?" Whistle
My dogs:

South American Representative @ International FIDA
Uruguay Representative @ South America Continental FIDA
President @ FIDA URUGUAY | Representative @ FIDA ARGENTINA | Representative @ FIDA GREECE | Representative @ FIDA VENEZUELA

bosko2602
#27 Posted : Tuesday, October 14, 2014 8:00:29 AM

Game Master Icon: Medal received for taking part in Footballidentity's Game Master team

1) Will be possible to load (watch) replay without login on site?
Best ad is to show new user game where did you played.

2) Will you integrate fb messages - that user get information and on fb (if FID account is connected to his fb account) that he have message on fid? (Since 99% of new users that come over fb think that this is fb game (they can create as much FID accounts as much they have fb accounts))
FIDAdmin1
#28 Posted : Tuesday, October 14, 2014 10:47:34 AM

bosko2602 wrote:
1) Will be possible to load (watch) replay without login on site?
Best ad is to show new user game where did you played.

You can already do this and have actually always been able to do this smiling You just need to load the replay using a direct link like this: http://footballidentity....FReplay.aspx?game=481904

bosko2602 wrote:
2) Will you integrate fb messages - that user get information and on fb (if FID account is connected to his fb account) that he have message on fid? (Since 99% of new users that come over fb think that this is fb game (they can create as much FID accounts as much they have fb accounts))

This is something we would really like to implement (also other notifications such as for example result from your match onto your fb-wall etc.) but not something we are prioritizing right this minute no.
Help and FAQ

...and follow my blog.

Xtream
#29 Posted : Tuesday, October 14, 2014 10:56:56 AM

Head Staff Medal: Medal rewarded for being part of the Head Staff at FootballidentityGame Master Icon: Medal received for taking part in Footballidentity's Game Master team

This is a massive improvement!

Great work, can't wait to see it live smiling
Active Players

Managers

Retired

FORMER IRISH FIDA PRESIDENT - Irish FIDA Main Page
Simodium
#30 Posted : Tuesday, October 21, 2014 8:02:24 PM

Dunno whethere it's already been suggested, whatever...

I suggest to differentiate notifications: one for private messages, one for fida messages, one for system messages

Characters in Spoiler

ITALIAN MODERATOR

Please don't try to contact me via in-game chat, I might be afk. Send me a PM instead.
For spam or abuse reports use the proper links at the bottom-right of the incriminated post. Thank you.

Per domande legate alla moderazione non cercatemi nella chat del gioco, piuttosto mandatemi un PM.
Per segnalare spam o post offensivi usate i link appositi in basso a destra del post incriminato. Grazie.

FORUM RULES/GUIDELINES

jimbeamjunior
#31 Posted : Wednesday, October 22, 2014 1:06:54 PM

FIDAdmin1 wrote:
uyke wrote:
Nice design! Don't forget small touchscreens.

Thanks!

I hope we are making as much as we can to suit also the smaller screens but eventually one will have to find a balance between the regular browser version and smaller touch screens. In the end we might want to do some kind of special mobile version of the site and this would be a big step towards it with the introduction of menu icons etc. but I hope already in this version that the site will behave much better on most smaller touch screens.

with regards to a mobile version of the site if you will, many many people will use their mobiles to access the game, but it will be to simply train, sign up for matches and maybe read their team forums

you could even design a dumb down version of the fid site to include just the basics (kinds like the fidlite site that you use when the main one goes down)

i think a lot more new users would stay if they could access just the main parts of the site from their mobiles
thepagan
#32 Posted : Wednesday, October 22, 2014 4:48:29 PM

They all seem gr8 smiling

Will u also increase the Team logo/banner resolution with this upgrade ? I remember having difficult time shrinking a team logo to smthg like default 240x240 scale which would look really ugly on that good design. Same for the character banner etc..
gooner4ever
#33 Posted : Wednesday, October 22, 2014 6:49:52 PM

Looks awesome Biggrin Only problem is we need to make a new tutorial video Flapper
GOONER4EVER

ENG-FIDA PRESIDENT - MODERATOR

TITLES:
ethernaldreams
#34 Posted : Wednesday, October 22, 2014 7:09:56 PM

gooner4ever wrote:
Looks awesome Biggrin Only problem is we need to make a new tutorial video Flapper

Ya, 5 years with no tutorials, not bad.
Retired

Superluck777
#35 Posted : Wednesday, October 22, 2014 7:40:14 PM

ethernaldreams wrote:
gooner4ever wrote:

Ya, 5 years with no tutorials, not bad.

lol last tutorial for the site I believe was the one made by an American user who was a longtime teammate of mine on prolly my favorite team ever to play on(Vegas FC when we played in the US league back in the day, American Beef once we moved to Peru). Man so long ago.
RIP USA FID Userbase. U will be missed.

Snuff Said
CUFC_Mike
#36 Posted : Wednesday, October 22, 2014 7:56:58 PM

Contributor Medal: User recieved this medal for the huge amount of work put into enhancing the FID experience.Key User Group: User recieved this medal for taking part in the FID Key User Group (KUG)

Are the actual pages themselves going to be redesigned at some point? The league page for example is very stale, and could do with a makeover smiling Baby steps ofc Flapper
Guess who's back? It's not Slim Shady...

Mini Miudo
#37 Posted : Thursday, November 20, 2014 2:51:33 PM

FIDAdmin1 wrote:
We hope to be able to release the new web site in a few weeks time and we plan to release it on our backup site first in order to have both the old and the new site running simultaneously for a while to make sure we haven't missed any critical bugs that could effect users badly.

It has been a few weeks now (1 month and a week, to be precise), any news on this? smiling I understand if it's not done, I just want you to keep us updated, like how's it going, any release date (more exact than 'in a few weeks time'), etc.
Silent Assassins FC
1x England Champions (S30)
10. Mini Cristiano Ronaldo - CF // 7. Mini Ricardo Quaresma - SM // 21. Mini Mauro Zárate - CF

Northern Assassins FC
7x Italy/Ireland Champions (S21, S23, S25, S26, S27, S28, S31), 1x UFCL Winners (S23)
1. Mini Rui Patrício - GK // 7. Mini Dries Mertens - SM // 24. Mini Alessandro Florenzi - SD

Titles: 7x Italy/Ireland Champion, 5x Sweden/Serbia Champion, 4x England Champion, 3x WC Winner, 2x France Champion, 2x UFCL Winner
World Awards: 4x Forward of the Year, 4x Golden Assist, 3x Golden Boot, 3x Golden Technique, 2x Golden Pass, 1x Midfielder of the Year, 1x Defender of the Year, 1x Keeper of the Year

Influential me
#38 Posted : Thursday, November 20, 2014 5:19:31 PM

Mini Miudo wrote:
FIDAdmin1 wrote:
We hope to be able to release the new web site in a few weeks time and we plan to release it on our backup site first in order to have both the old and the new site running simultaneously for a while to make sure we haven't missed any critical bugs that could effect users badly.

It has been a few weeks now (1 month and a week, to be precise), any news on this? smiling I understand if it's not done, I just want you to keep us updated, like how's it going, any release date (more exact than 'in a few weeks time'), etc.

Sometime during FID's existence, maybe. Flapper
FIDAdmin1
#39 Posted : Friday, November 21, 2014 11:24:06 AM

We are working extremely hard with this. We have a lot of issues still on the todo-list but we have now reached a state where most of the remaining issues are small design flaws or simple bugs that take very little time to fix.

It's taken a bit longer time than we had anticipated but that is mainly due to us finding (as we've been working with developing this) more areas where we can do some quite simple but effective improvements (not only related to design but also to menu structure and behavior of site navigation). Also the Quick Nav functionality that we are implementing has proven a bit more difficult to implement than we had expected when it comes to highlighting of different things (such as amount of unread forum posts etc.) and we have some issues to sort out in that area before we can release.

I don't really know when we will be able to release this on the s2 server but I am hoping that it will be done within 2 weeks from now. You can be sure that we want it to be released as soon as possible as well smiling

What I can say though is that it is starting to look and behave AWESOMLY! smiling I can hardly stand seeing our old site now when I have been spending so much time testing and browsing the new site Flapper
Help and FAQ

...and follow my blog.

Mini Miudo
#40 Posted : Friday, November 21, 2014 11:49:16 AM

Thanks for the info. Can't wait. smiling
Silent Assassins FC
1x England Champions (S30)
10. Mini Cristiano Ronaldo - CF // 7. Mini Ricardo Quaresma - SM // 21. Mini Mauro Zárate - CF

Northern Assassins FC
7x Italy/Ireland Champions (S21, S23, S25, S26, S27, S28, S31), 1x UFCL Winners (S23)
1. Mini Rui Patrício - GK // 7. Mini Dries Mertens - SM // 24. Mini Alessandro Florenzi - SD

Titles: 7x Italy/Ireland Champion, 5x Sweden/Serbia Champion, 4x England Champion, 3x WC Winner, 2x France Champion, 2x UFCL Winner
World Awards: 4x Forward of the Year, 4x Golden Assist, 3x Golden Boot, 3x Golden Technique, 2x Golden Pass, 1x Midfielder of the Year, 1x Defender of the Year, 1x Keeper of the Year