Welcome Guest Active Topics | Log In

2 Pages 12>
Kickstarter FID Options
Daemonos
#1 Posted : Monday, August 04, 2014 6:56:39 AM

Greetings,

We are a group of players/members of FID and we love the game as everyone else here.

This is a suggestion we wanted to make about Kickstarter project. FID could be easily participate on project like this (kickstarter) and find the funds to grow up and evolve.

we will make the start of backin up the game.

so what do you think?

ps: if you never heard of kickstarter projects check HERE
Sponsor  

Daemonos
#2 Posted : Monday, August 04, 2014 9:17:10 AM

Would like also to make some suggestion about improvements/additions to the game.

- make Right/left foot available for players and also put training for improving them.

- make team psychology feature, improving when winning, falling when losing but improving also when a nice effort is made etc...

- make team chemistry depending the nationallity of the footballers each team takes.

- Footballer nationality restrictions (one team can not have more than 5 foreign players for example)

- make FID kickstarter!!! ( Woot )

- pls make server response faster and more reliable.

- Improve bot AI ( Wall )

tiraths27
#3 Posted : Monday, August 04, 2014 10:04:01 AM

Yeah I think some way of getting additional funding (such as kickstarter) would have been great 12-18 months ago. Unfortunately most of the core group of users have left the game now Sad

Super Club Soccer - Life after FID
Link to User

TROPHY CABINET | SEASON 20-24

Daemonos
#4 Posted : Monday, August 04, 2014 11:25:22 AM

Even so... its time to find new ones!! with the proper funding from kickstarter projects, that the purpose of it anyway! smiling That's why i mentioned it.

And for the truth to be told, its a great game, time to go tot the next level.
ethernaldreams
#5 Posted : Monday, August 04, 2014 11:33:59 AM

Hehehe, i wanna see you after 1 year Flapper . Good luck Daemonos, good suggestions but you will never see them.
Retired

Daemonos
#6 Posted : Monday, August 04, 2014 12:14:58 PM

ethernaldreams wrote:

Hehehe, i wanna see you after 1 year Flapper . Good luck Daemonos, good suggestions but you will never see them.

why would you say that? Confused the game has potential, if its properly developed.
ethernaldreams
#7 Posted : Monday, August 04, 2014 12:29:55 PM

Daemonos wrote:
ethernaldreams wrote:

why would you say that? Confused the game has potential, if its properly developed.

Ya, that's the sentence. The game has potential... but they don't count with us.
Retired

villeeee
#8 Posted : Monday, August 04, 2014 1:46:29 PM

Key User Group: User recieved this medal for taking part in the FID Key User Group (KUG)

Daemonos wrote:
Would like also to make some suggestion about improvements/additions to the game.

- make Right/left foot available for players and also put training for improving them.

already hard enough to have enough active players

Quote:
- make team psychology feature, improving when winning, falling when losing but improving also when a nice effort is made etc...

even harder for shyte teams to compete, bad idea

Quote:
- make team chemistry depending the nationallity of the footballers each team takes.

lol no, not enough players from any country really

Quote:
- Footballer nationality restrictions (one team can not have more than 5 foreign players for example)

see above

Quote:
- make FID kickstarter!!! ( Woot )

sure

Quote:
- pls make server response faster and more reliable.

sure

Quote:
- Improve bot AI ( Wall )

kinda pointless imo but whatever idc
Daemonos
#9 Posted : Monday, August 04, 2014 2:22:50 PM

Most important is for the game to get into KICKSTARTER, everything else will come in time, more players, more people, development etc etc. But provide us a plan in kickstarter and see the game shine smiling

Thanks for the answers tho smiling
FIDAdmin1
#10 Posted : Monday, August 04, 2014 8:11:08 PM

Head Staff Medal: Medal rewarded for being part of the Head Staff at Footballidentity

Hey Daemonos!

Thanks for some great input. The Kickstarter concept is a very interesting idea and one that we have discussed internally earlier. As many of you know we are a very small team that develop FID and because of this our development rate has been slow. Some people seem to think that we are not caring about what the community wants and caring about developing the game but that couldn't be further from the truth. I doubt that I have ever in my entire life heard of anyone working as hard and as dedicated as the FID team trying to do what's best for the game in all aspects but the problem is simply that the size of the team is too small. I can tell you that this fact is extremely frustrating for us personally. We have so many ideas and wishes for this game (both our own ideas and ideas from the community) and we wish we had a larger team to see these things become realized in a much shorter time period.

We have so many wishes and plans for what we would like to do if we had the financial resources to scale up the project and these are just some examples:

- Improved site design (optimization, improved navigation and new user tutorial) - Currently under development and extremely important for improving new user retention
- Improved match engine
- More exciting and engaging training functionality
- Making the game (the match engine) playable on tablets
- Improved features for managers
- Tournament Center (for user/community created matches/tournaments)
- Improved Footballer Rating calculation (to make footballer rating a much more relevant indicator)
- Improved statistics and scouting facilities
- etc. etc. etc.

Over the years we have tried to secure investments and settle partnerships and we have gotten some very strong interest from several parties. Many have been very impressed with what we have created and some dialogues have reached very far but in the end all of them has so far stranded on the fact that a unique experience like this is a high risk project, especially if you do not have the full experience of the game yourself (and unfortunately none of the people we have been having these dialogues with have ever really played FID and gotten the true FID experience). We of course have not given up on finding a partnership yet but it is obvious to us that we are a "difficult sell" to anyone that's not been really part of the FID community, no matter what words we try to use and no matter how well we manage to present what the game is really all about. If we had encountered a FID user with the economical resources and the will to invest in companies, then I believe we would have a much stronger potential of finding a partnership.

So, this really goes well with what you have suggested... to run a Kickstarter campaign... allowing for those who already know the game by heart and know the potential it possess to support us in our quest. However... and here comes the tricky bits:

1. The community is not that big and the financial target of the campaign would have to be quite high in order for it to make a difference and allow us to scale up our team. Basically... it is likely that the small community would not be able to support us to the degree needed and our kickstarter might fail (if you don't reach the goal you won't get any support at all).

2. For a kickstarter to be successful we would have to make some really good content of the campaign. Plans, mockups, designs, videos, communication etc. would take a substantial amount of time. Time that our already small team is currently spending on developing the game. These things would the suffer instead and it would be very bad if development would suffer even more by us spending time on a failed kickstarter campaign.

3. None of us have any experience of setting up a Kickstarter campaign and without any expertise in this area the chances of a successful campaign decreases.

Basically we have not closed the door on a kickstarter campaign but it is a huge decision to take. In order to test this out we would have to feel that there are big chances of a successful campaign. Currently (as mentioned above) we are doubtful about how successful it would be simply because we are worried we wouldn't have enough people that understands FID and that can/would support us.

We would be very happy to get further ideas and insights in this area. Perhaps there are people out there in the community with knowledge about Kickstarters that could be useful. Also any other ideas (such as for example what kind of "rewards" we should give to supporters depending on the size of the support) would be very interesting. Perhaps one day you guys have persuaded us to give it a go! smiling

Help and FAQ

Stay updated by following us on:

...and follow my blog.

See how matches are played in this Youtube Tutorial.
Daemonos
#11 Posted : Tuesday, August 05, 2014 6:44:58 AM

Firstly i want to thank you for your response,

About the kickstarter project -that's the main reason for this thread- wanna discuss some things either way.

Reading your post i saw more dissapointment than excitement, i can understand how hard this is and that the lack of funds and people to work on it can be really hard and difficult process.

BUT, never give up hope, because the Kickstarter is THATS exaclty! i can understand you need to achieve goals, but its not that hard! so here are some steps.

- Find some people (programmers, developers etc) that like the idea and willing to work for the project.

- make video that you explain whats all about FID and the progress you have done so far, also your plans for future.

- maintain news feed by uploading videos of the progress (its not hard, you only need a camera Shifty )

- ADVERTISE!!! really important, have you ever thought about youtube, facebook, vk, etc advertisement? its not so expensive and could really help!

- start the kickstarter! by setting a goal for example 20.000 $ for the 1st step (anyway the core of the game is set up already)

- you can give to supporters for example, extra player space creation, FID coins packages, some items, some special icons/symbols, some player/manager stars etc, ofc will be supporter packages, such like silver, bronze, gold, platinum, diamond for example, each package, more rewards, more money the need to be bought, there are many ideas about it also that can easily come true.

Kickstarter is exactly what FID needs, you should give it a shot!

And know that i am here if you ever need anything (send me a pm provide you my contact details).

and again, Have vision, have hope! its a great effort you did until now and everybody knows it. so lets get on with it ;)

Cheers!

Dance
DunkTheHunk
#12 Posted : Tuesday, August 05, 2014 12:45:00 PM

Good ideas, Daemo Applause
Character list:

Can't touch this

Accolades:

drakzul
#13 Posted : Tuesday, August 05, 2014 1:47:41 PM

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uw3ON0ipQHs[/YOUTUBE]

Sad to be saying this, but this game has max 1 more year... GG WP WD everyone!
Finally blessed with the King's recognition - "I thought I never say this but im starting to like drakzul"
Sunday, April 27, 2014 12:52:42 AM

villeeee
#14 Posted : Tuesday, August 05, 2014 1:56:41 PM

Key User Group: User recieved this medal for taking part in the FID Key User Group (KUG)

Daemonos wrote:
- start the kickstarter! by setting a goal for example 20.000 $ for the 1st step (anyway the core of the game is set up already)

Getting 1% of that would be optimistic...
gooner4ever
#15 Posted : Tuesday, August 05, 2014 2:22:03 PM

This is a really great game but there are still too many flaws and bugs with it, and too much potential for improvement that hasn't been realised yet - hence why the game is still in BETA.

Keep the ideas coming, keep working on implementation and then once the game is finally out of BETA (may need more staff to do this but it would help), then we can go mad with adverts and kickstart and videos and reviews and what-have-you.

Also an idea, don't quite know how easy this would be but if you could try and get a user to help with development. Surely out of the few thousand users, a few know how to code and have experience in this field, so you could pay them to work online for you if you gave them coding powers - again I don't know how this would work, if you could code from another place other than your offices or not. But worth a thought, even if they only did it part-time.
GOONER4EVER

ENG-FIDA PRESIDENT - MODERATOR

TITLES:
Daemonos
#16 Posted : Tuesday, August 05, 2014 2:22:45 PM

well... there is only 1 way to find out! what you have to lose?
villeeee
#17 Posted : Tuesday, August 05, 2014 3:06:59 PM

as admin said, the time and effort put into this kickstarter project would be lost
thegreenwoods
#18 Posted : Tuesday, August 05, 2014 4:02:33 PM

Head Staff Medal: Medal rewarded for being part of the Head Staff at FootballidentityKey User Group: User recieved this medal for taking part in the FID Key User Group (KUG)

Daemonos wrote:
if its properly developed.

Woot
Daemonos
#19 Posted : Tuesday, August 05, 2014 5:59:23 PM

villeeee wrote:
as admin said, the time and effort put into this kickstarter project would be lost

Admin should reconsider Cool
villeeee
#20 Posted : Tuesday, August 05, 2014 6:33:25 PM

I disagree. Would you like to somehow show me the maths on how you think this game would have any chance of getting the 20k you mentioned from a Kickstarter project with the userbase it has?