Welcome Guest Active Topics | Log In

8 Pages «<45678>
Report all bugs found please! Options
Alex Tempest
#101 Posted : Friday, October 29, 2010 11:58:36 PM

Key User Group: User recieved this medal for taking part in the FID Key User Group (KUG)

FIDAdmin1 wrote:

Oh no, not you Tempest! I thought you knew everything!

To be honest I don't like reading long posts so I missed the little indicator at the bottom for the quality.

So does this mean that someone could get say 1* in a pass (as in it deviated from it's path or whatever) and still have a pass quality of 4/5 (as in it will be hard to intercept) or will a bad pass always be low in both and a good one be high in both
FIDAdmin1
#102 Posted : Saturday, October 30, 2010 12:01:32 AM

Head Staff Medal: Medal rewarded for being part of the Head Staff at Footballidentity

Alex Tempest wrote:

So does this mean that someone could get say 1* in a pass (as in it deviated from it's path or whatever) and still have a pass quality of 4/5 (as in it will be hard to intercept)

Yes that could happen.
Help and FAQ

Stay updated by following us on:

...and follow my blog.

See how matches are played in this Youtube Tutorial.
Alex Tempest
#103 Posted : Saturday, October 30, 2010 12:02:31 AM

Key User Group: User recieved this medal for taking part in the FID Key User Group (KUG)

hmm interesting, that thought never passed my mind before...
RiFLE+
#104 Posted : Saturday, October 30, 2010 8:35:56 AM

Thanks for the time you took to answer me in a constructive way. Even though I can't be convinced by what you said.

FIDAdmin1 wrote:

Stage X Passing/Blocking Era: Hey! That skilled passer could almost pass straight through us! I want to do that!

What do I base this on? Well, I suggest you just make a simple footballer search for an important passing attribute that you believe could have an impact on the passing situations that I mention. Search for footballers that have Very Good (81+) or higher. You will see that there are so few of them right now. Now make the same search for speed for instance. Well, needless to say, everyone want to have a bigger arrow. It's the only visual thing in the whole game so its easy to fall for it.

So first of all on that, let me say that many players in Sweden (and including 1 or a couple o my teammates who got passing skills maxed out). Most of the non-defenders players DO have at least 71 passing.

FIDAdmin1 wrote:

Now I will try to tie all of this into what you were saying above. Teams that try to play more constructive play 0-0 games. Sure maybe that's so in many cases BUT what is really the reason for this? I ask you to think about what is really needed to play constructive short-pass football? Is it speed? No, not necessarily... Is it passing skills? Well, yes of course. Why do teams in English second division play long balls rather than the brilliant short passing play you can see from the better teams in Premier League? Because they do not have the passing skills for it! And as I mentioned above it is clearly shown by simple queries in the database that the FID world is way behind with regards to passing skills. That is why long passes most likely work better for most teams until they have got some great passers in the team.

You cannot say that if you have a low skill in both, an accurate low pass is harder to make than a long high pass.
An constructive low-pass play, as you call it, doesn't need that much skills and is not chosen regarding those skills. It's a style of play teams prefer to play because they think it's "smarter" or that it will lead them to more victories.
Pardon me to say that it's mainly wrong. Many teams, which were GOOD before, were using HP mainly. I won't name them as I don't want this topic to be a cry-place, but those teams started to use low-pass play and just started not to score anymore and not to win anymore.
And if you watch careful, the very best teams at this moment are those who still use those long passes, even if it involves a fight (could name Stockholm, SS or Fortuna ofcourse).
The game as it is right now, ofcourse, isn't helping low passing play. Just take the offside example. A team in defense with a small gap in defense (95% of what you see in games) loses the ball in midfield.

Long ball = advantage for the striker cause in a better position to block his opponents for a fight, is closer to the landing position and can shoot the turn after.

Low pass to a "playmaker" = tighten defensive line, no more whole in defense, your forwards CAN be in an offside position ; what is he going to do ? Dribble (or long pass, but he just wasted 1 turn).

Just watch carefully those teams who claim having a good low passing plan, and see what what it results in ...

FIDAdmin1 wrote:

Now let's turn this around and look at it from another perspective, namely blocks and player development. Well, there are too many blocks you say. But I suggest you focus your eyes on the passer (once again, this will be easier with the pass/shot quality indicator). If passer has poor passing skills then there will be a bigger chance the ball will get blocked if it's played through or close to an opponent. Now, given that so few have trained important passing skills I can promise you that defenders (and maybe even keepers) are the ones with the lowest passing skills of them all. If a defender leaves his passing skills at 40 then of course he will have a tough time playing the ball close to his opponents and may be better off hoofing the ball out of the field if pressured. I'm not saying that defenders should have 100 in those skills but they simple are forgotten and many player characters are really neglecting attributes that would be a big benefit for them simply because they do not regard them as the most important ones for their role. Just look at the defenders that we put as top class in real life. Often they are quite good passers and maybe the ones that we put as "the best of all time" could really play as a DCM Playmaker if they had to, and do it well.

Probably only you can answer this, but I have never seen a top-quality passer suffering less from blocks than an average passer. Never ever. And in the other hand, I've never seen a good blocker successing better than a good blocker.
And when you see how a 100 HP and Vision player has so innacurate passes half of the time, there MIGHT be something in the coding that doesn't work as you intended it.

FIDAdmin1 wrote:

Rifle+, hope you don't think I'm hitting down too hard on you, it's not meant that way, I just got caught up in my own writing. You know I still love ya Love

No problem at all, always nice to be able to talk with someone who knows the ME in details and can do something about it ! : >
UFCL Champions S05, S06, S08, S09 & S10
English Champions S11
Swedish Champions S05, S06, S07, S08, S09 & S10
Irish Champions S06

The Mighty FC Fortuna XIII !
Epic Tuna
> Petter Griffin

National Midfielder of the Year S3, S4, S5, S6, S7, S8, S9.
Randomfriend
#105 Posted : Saturday, October 30, 2010 9:22:23 AM

just a little side point to all this about the success of actions, this will account in some way to most cases but i know not everything will apply to everything, in the case where rifle + alluded to 100 skilled passers having huge deviations in where they wanted the arrow to go originally in their say high pass.

There are a number of other factors which we already know about that may play a factor in the pass not going as intended, you have your Team chemistry, maybe a small OOP penalty, you have your condition being below 100% and as it lowers your skills get that bit more erratic/lower, you have proximity to an opponent which usually lowers the quality of your pass/shot in some way, as well as maybe having slightly lower confidence. As well as our good friend Mr. Luck.

I believe the admins in how they feel the star system will make an enormus change to how the game works or at least how we understand why things went wrong for us, if your pass goes somewhere you didn't intend or was blocked maybe it was a 1* pass, same for shots, same for everything.

Really what i'm trying to say is IF there is some small bugs chances are we will sniff them out much more easily when the star system is released, so methinks we should all put down our pitchforks for a while Wink

I do understand the point that it is very hard to avoid situations where you have to pass thru an opponent, but it is not impossible by any stretch of the imagination.

Hope that was vaguely constructive and not just me gone away on a ramble again Biggrin

My only advice to the admins is, i know this game is your baby and you want it to be the best it can be so if a huge% of the people playing the game are very unhappy with something it may be worth looking at even if it goes against what you feel personally, keep up the good work anyway we all like to complain about things around here from time to time but 99% of people around here with any common sence really apreciate how hard you all work, so well done and keep it up Applause

[22:03] <+SimonD> why is mini moaning that a guy who had 0% tackle in that game tackled him?
[22:03] <+Magnusson> its mini
[22:04] <+Magnusson> him and stabby will have sex with dribbling one day

[22:57:08] Johan: i have been playing hattrick for longer than fap
FIDAdmin1
#106 Posted : Saturday, October 30, 2010 10:45:50 AM

Head Staff Medal: Medal rewarded for being part of the Head Staff at Footballidentity

Randomfriend wrote:

My only advice to the admins is, i know this game is your baby and you want it to be the best it can be so if a huge% of the people playing the game are very unhappy with something it may be worth looking at even if it goes against what you feel personally, keep up the good work anyway we all like to complain about things around here from time to time but 99% of people around here with any common sence really apreciate how hard you all work, so well done and keep it up Applause

I can assure you that our main focus will always be to make it the best it can be for our members and will always listen to the community and take into account the views of the community (sometimes we are of course limited by time and priorities but we will always take all of these things into consideration at one point or another). However, sometimes we sit on information that our members do not have and realize the danger that a, by a big part of the community, suggested change will have on the entire game. Take the blocks as an example:

As I mentioned there is a very low amount of players that posses great skills in important passing attributes (and I am not talking about the High and Low pass attributes only here). This means that it is in fact impossible for the greater community to know the effect of such attributes. Those attributes have a direct impact on blocking and if we were to lower the amount of blocks at this time we would for sure make those attributes completely unnecessary. This would severely harm the game in so many ways. You know yourself how many times members has suggested that we should have "more things to train" or how many times members have vented their fear of "important attributes being maxed out". As you know we have informed that we have a plan for how to avoid "maxing attributes" (but do not feel that we are yet ready to reveal our plan at this point in time), but I guess you can agree that making attributes unnecessary would be a huge blow to the game, making it even easier to become "maxed" and also removing the possibility of building a more "unique" player type.

In the end one of the key points I want to make here is that "we sit on information that our members cannot possibly have". This is what we want to change somewhat with the implementation of "Success Indicators" and the "Pass/Shot Quality Indicator".
Help and FAQ

...and follow my blog.

Randomfriend
#107 Posted : Saturday, October 30, 2010 10:51:38 AM

good stuff, as well i think it really helps when you engage directly with people like this and you seem to have been more active of late in replying and engaging with people which is great to see Wink

[22:03] <+SimonD> why is mini moaning that a guy who had 0% tackle in that game tackled him?

FIDAdmin1
#108 Posted : Saturday, October 30, 2010 10:56:18 AM

Randomfriend wrote:
good stuff, as well i think it really helps when you engage directly with people like this and you seem to have been more active of late in replying and engaging with people which is great to see Wink

Yeah, this kind of communication is no doubt what we want to be doing. I guess you know by now that I am not a guy who really wants to sit quietly in a corner Flapper Its just that we sometimes (recently more often than before) go through periods where we really have no other option but to prioritize our time differently than we would like to.
Help and FAQ

...and follow my blog.

Randomfriend
#109 Posted : Saturday, October 30, 2010 11:04:09 AM

yeah and people tell me i talk too much Laugh Out Loud

Safyr
#110 Posted : Saturday, October 30, 2010 3:50:03 PM

if you don't want players to play only long balls , just add inertia to players movement
and that will make defenders play more deep , and players train more passing , and with the current blocking it will make the game more realistic and much more trickier to play
nikolicm
#111 Posted : Monday, November 22, 2010 6:14:13 PM

REPLAYS FROM BOSNIAN 1A LEAGUE ARE WRONG!!!Those are replays of RESERVES matches not LEAGUE MATCHES.Please fix it.
Example:
FC Bosnia United - Cartoons C.F.
vasKa17
#112 Posted : Sunday, December 26, 2010 8:24:36 PM

i do not know if this is a bug, but surely it's a problem that it needs to be fixed:

my last 2 games i played on my original position as ACM and my high passing went as poopies. never went the way i wanted... mostly of them went in the opposite direction i wanted to, or came up to long or to short. BUT before my last 2 matches, i played another 2 matches in OOP (as CD) and my passes went like i wanted (90-95% accuracy).

i do not have an awesome passing atribute (nearly 65),but i do not understand how is that possible. when i have penalties for playing OOP my passes go where i want to, and when i play in my original position they go where i don't want to.

please someone clarify me.

DanL21
#113 Posted : Monday, December 27, 2010 9:58:56 AM

vasKa17 wrote:
i do not know if this is a bug, but surely it's a problem that it needs to be fixed:

my last 2 games i played on my original position as ACM and my high passing went as poopies. never went the way i wanted... mostly of them went in the opposite direction i wanted to, or came up to long or to short. BUT before my last 2 matches, i played another 2 matches in OOP (as CD) and my passes went like i wanted (90-95% accuracy).

i do not have an awesome passing atribute (nearly 65),but i do not understand how is that possible. when i have penalties for playing OOP my passes go where i want to, and when i play in my original position they go where i don't want to.

please someone clarify me.

It is not a bug. Unfortunately (when playing ACM) you were unlucky with your passing, and as your high passing + ball control + vision attributes increase, you will start to notice more consistency with your high passes. When playing OOP, you apparently received some good fortune, but I would advise you to not expect that every time.

Note that other factors apply to such actions, most importantly Condition and Confidence.
#17 - CF - Doctor Jones (18) - Gazellerna [SWE2A]
#4 - CM - Parousia Borne (18) - Windy City United [USA2A]

If you had a friend who was a tightrope walker, and you were walking down a sidewalk, and he fell, that would be completely unacceptable...

tibor_tisza
#114 Posted : Monday, January 10, 2011 9:40:16 PM

At the end by B-match :
fatal error
Invalid server response
Null object receivedTry to refresh the page. If this problem still remain please post the problem description on forum

Whenever any form of government becomes destructive, it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it."

Headmanager :

Thom..
#115 Posted : Friday, February 04, 2011 8:07:09 PM

Error #2032

COACH DE L'ENTENTE FOOT-LANDAISE [ L2A FRANCE ] - THOM KINCAID
AVANT CENTRE (CF) DE BACKNET BLAZERS [ L1 AUSTRALIA ] - BOUILLE DEVILISH
DEFENSEUR LATERAL (SD) DE BACKNET BLAZERS [ L1 AUSTRALIA ] - LINE LIGHT

Config85
#116 Posted : Friday, February 25, 2011 9:46:39 AM

Yesterday in the Moose Scorpions vs Chelsea match, my teammate (Chelsea) tackled a ball away from an attacker without both player dots even touching each other. There were a few pixels in between both and still the ball suddenly popped onto my teammate. ME described it as a succeeded tackle by him, but according to the game itself it seemed like they didnt even touch each other.

Someone had this before?

Was the first time i have seen this.

Match replay isnt on yet, but it was during end of first half in the ENG 2A match Moose Scorpions vs Chelsea.

http://footballidentity....wards/U84.aspx?id=165357
Alex Tempest
#117 Posted : Friday, February 25, 2011 1:05:54 PM

Another tackle related bug

I saw it in my Irish match on wednesday, Hurricanes #8 runs down the wing and uses a step over dribble, I chose to tackle soft at the end of his arrow but instead I run along side him and don't tackle.

http://footballidentity....Replay.aspx?game=161137 Around turn 101
highgiant
#118 Posted : Tuesday, March 01, 2011 4:11:03 PM

Alex Tempest wrote:
Another tackle related bug

I saw it in my Irish match on wednesday, Hurricanes #8 runs down the wing and uses a step over dribble, I chose to tackle soft at the end of his arrow but instead I run along side him and don't tackle.

http://footballidentity....Replay.aspx?game=161137 Around turn 101

this is a very serious bug imo and should be fixed urgently or it is open to abuse
luiz_eduardo
#119 Posted : Monday, March 21, 2011 1:02:58 AM

The team, Expresso da Vitória, are playing with bots when had 11 players ready to play that game... and the game have had late 10 minutes.

Look: http://footballidentity....=189534&player=65620
XeDiN
#120 Posted : Sunday, March 27, 2011 6:43:26 PM

http://footballidentity....189282&player=57714

Well in my GK's match on 1,4 & 5 goals i made my move (save or punch) and instead my character just moved to the end of the arrow..... If i remember correct each of them was after One-touch Header ...