Welcome Guest Active Topics | Log In

Footballer - Have you just entered FootballIdentity? Options
mrMallorca
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2009 9:03:16 PM

http://forum.footballidentity.c....aspx?g=posts&t=2594I have received a couple of messages saying “hello, I’m new at this, I’m a footballer, how does it work?” Well, I’ll try to answer this in the following post.

First of all, WELCOME TO THE WONDERFULL WORLD OF FOOTBALL … IDENTITY Dance

To get you even more hooked on the game, here’s a tutorial about how to play the match:
Match Engine Tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEj0mQV2e-M

My first advice is try to read the FAQ. You’ll find this in the upper right corner, “Help”. Here you will find the creators manual, handbook, lots of questions/answers that you may have. It’s a lot to take in but very useful.

My second advice is to browse around in the Forum. You’ll find the forum link in the lower right corner, “Forums”.

My third and most important advice is to go to the following Forum thread:
Footballer Advertisement and as the title states here is where you present yourself to the world of FI (FootballIdentity). Managers need to know what kinda player you want to become, an active one or just a spare time player (both are needed!!), what position will you try to focus on, what will you bring to your new team and so on. If you were a manager what would you want to hear ;) ?
The following thread is where teams announce what they are looking for:
Open Positions Advertisement

Now you should have enough information on how everything works. Now what? Well, start training!!! Train train and train some more!!! Train every day.

How do you train? Choose the character you want to train, choose “Footballer Improvement” and now you’ll find a drop down list with a variety of training options. You can either train your Attributes, things like High Passing, Low Passing, Shooting Accuracy, Vision, Speed and so on. You can also train a Special Ability; here you can train for example a Zinadine Zidane Reception (you know the one were the ball dies suddenly on his foot) or a Maradona Pass, more special stuff. Or you can train an Additional Position, meaning that you can start becoming better on a new postion n the field. You can also train Physio training; this will boost up your footballers Condition.

I won’t tell you here what kind of attributes you should train if you have this or that position. You should create your own character, your own unique set of skills. Of course, if you still don’t know what exactly to train in the beginning I can help you out and there are plenty of skilled users in the forum as well. “You will never walk alonesmiling

Remember though that you can only train ONE THING EACH DAY. Either you train an attribute or physical or special ability. Just one. When you get signed into a team there is one thing called “Team Training”. Don’t miss those. Here the team manager has chosen for you THREE attributes to train in one single session. Of course, if you already train by yourself earlier that same day you cannot participate in the team training.

For more information about attributes read FIDAdmin1s' thread Attribute Dictionary.
Or Alex Tempest "What do the Attributes do?".

What makes you a great player? Well for me it’s trying to be as active as I can, to train every day and try not to miss the team trainings, and of course be a team player.

What does “being active” mean? This is one of the most important things in FI. This means that you try to be online as much as you can. Try to participate in team trainings when you have 30min go into the locker room and talk tactics with your teammates, talk to your teammates through the chat and mail, help your coach, find new players for your team, study other players and what they are good at, try to be online for the matches even if you’re not part of the starting lineup. The more you’re online and in the FI world, the more you’ll learn and the better player you’ll become.

How will this game become even better? Well for me the more the merrier Biggrin. So if you like this game tell your friends, tell your relatives, tell your neighbours, tell the whole world.

Do you have to be a football fanatic to play this game? No. Who can play this game? Everybody. I have a teammate who has a ten year old son playing for another team. The other day we meet the son’s team. The two of them sat at home side by side playing against each other teams.

Just have some fun and get to know people from all over the world. By the way, take a look at the world view (under World), it’s pretty amazing knowing that there are players from Chile to Indonesia. Maybe someday you'll play with them or against them in a World Cup.

So here you go, a quick start-up guide. Once again, WELCOME!!!
Kind Regards

Sponsor  

losfeliz
#2 Posted : Monday, August 17, 2009 6:09:19 PM

Great guide that has helped me, a noob.

I can't wait to get started with a team.
Gunner
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2009 3:27:17 PM

Hi. the main thing id like to know is about participating in matches. When do they occur? Do teams in different countries play at different times? So if i wasnt around when my own nation plays games should i look into moving to a better time zone to suit me? Also i saw training was at a certain time. Same problem (im at work when i saw this training time), should i look into finding a club where ill be around at that time?
mrMallorca
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2009 3:41:31 PM

Gunner wrote:

1- When do they occur? Do teams in different countries play at different times?
2- So if i wasnt around when my own nation plays games should i look into moving to a better time zone to suit me?
3- Also i saw training was at a certain time. Same problem (im at work when i saw this training time), should i look into finding a club where ill be around at that time?

I have taken the liberty to edit your text to answer your questions more easily.

1- The matches usually take place around 8pm … local time. Local time for the team playing at home that is. Well at least I think so. In Sweden the Division 1 have been playing at 8pm, the division 2 have been playing at 9:30pm.

2- It all depends on what team you will play for. If you are resident in the US and play for a team in Japan ... well good luck. My recommendation is to play for a team in your nation. At least for now in the beginning of FI. But, if for some reason you work at around 8pm and you’re at home, or able to connect, in another time zone … please state so in your footballer presentation. That will be very useful for the managers who might want to sign you ;)

3- The only training that is time scheduled is Team Training. It’s open for 30 min and it’s the team who decides when to have it. The rest of the week you do Individual training and you decide when to have it. But, only once per day.

Hope this helped you.

Gunner
#5 Posted : Friday, August 21, 2009 8:17:00 PM

Yup helped alot thx. And i work from 2pm to 10pm (GMT), so dont get home till about 11pm. I guess the best bet for me would be to try and join an american team. Do u know what time zone they are on in the game? because they are either going to be 5,6 or 8 hours different. If thats 5 different will be 1am here and that would be just fine.

How would i go about trying to get a transfer?

Also does the game have a standard time?

Thx for ur help.
daeva
#6 Posted : Friday, August 21, 2009 10:41:05 PM

Gunner,

On the American side my team has been playing friendlies at 9:30 pm GMT - 5. That would be 2:30 am for you. I'm not sure if all games will be at 9:30 pm, or whether some would be at 8. My guess is that games will be at 9:30. I don't know whether this would be too late for you.
Roma
#7 Posted : Monday, October 12, 2009 4:11:48 AM

Very nice guide! Very thanks man!
Could i translate to portuguese (brazil)?
So we could help more people!

Lets bring more people to this game!
Lighthart
#8 Posted : Wednesday, October 14, 2009 6:52:28 PM

Gunner, this is my tips, you can see what time the next match will be played on the particular team page. The time format is in your time.

ghitac
#9 Posted : Friday, December 11, 2009 9:29:49 AM

Today was the first time I entered FID's help. It was very useful. I sugest entering there and you will understand many thing.