Welcome Guest Active Topics | Log In

Thailand League Options
Chris Rutter
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 1:11:06 PM

I'm going to be in Thailand next season so I'm opening a new league there to give me a league I can play other than Indonesia. Sorry to all teams I currently play with, I will not be active next season. The league will run on Sun/Sat at 14:10 GMT (so on Sundays it will be right before Indonesia). I have chosen those days so that it will potentially be playable for Europeans and Asians, and so I can continue to support the league when I return from Thailand.

Playing on consecutive days obviously throws up the unique challenge of players playing Sunday matches with low condition. I do not foresee any major problems though, and it will be interesting to see how players adapt to it. I will try to more strictly enforce the general game rule that managers must always select their strongest team for any given match, including bot matches. It will not be permitted to rest user-built characters by replacing them with botfootballers in the starting line-up, and any team who does this will forfeit that match 3-0. However, if characters are able to be rested by rotating them with active players, this will be considered fair game, as the team can not be clearly proven to be weakened.

I had planned this league prior to the announcement that the game would be closing, so I have changed the focus from trying to develop more activity in Asia to giving existing users an opportunity to use up their credits and get as much FID in as possible before the end. As such there will be a 21yo age cap to attract users looking to build characters for the final U21 WC.

Up to 300 credits will be available for users to purchase 6 month manager slots in the league. [edited]

I welcome any constructive questions or comments.
Sponsor  

Bogatir
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 3:53:00 PM

Dance Applause

tiraths27
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 4:26:02 PM

Please tell me you're not going there during your gap year... typical Brit Flapper

Good luck with this anyway smiling

Super Club Soccer - Life after FID
Link to User

TROPHY CABINET | SEASON 20-24

Chris Rutter
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2016 12:19:10 PM

tiraths27 wrote:
Please tell me you're not going there during your gap year... typical Brit Flapper

Good luck with this anyway smiling

I'm not. It's just that the UK's government isn't fascist enough for me, so I'm off to live under a military junta.

Apparently, FIDAs aren't permitted to give credits for footballer slots, so the credits will only be available for manager slots, but the credits available per user will be upped to 300.
Mini Miudo
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2016 12:55:02 PM

Lol just give out credits for a yearly manager slot, then they can get both xD
Silent Assassins FC
1x England Champions (S30)
10. Mini Cristiano Ronaldo - CF // 7. Mini Ricardo Quaresma - SM // 21. Mini Mauro Zárate - CF

Northern Assassins FC
7x Italy/Ireland Champions (S21, S23, S25, S26, S27, S28, S31), 1x UFCL Winners (S23)
1. Mini Rui Patrício - GK // 7. Mini Dries Mertens - SM // 24. Mini Alessandro Florenzi - SD

Titles: 7x Italy/Ireland Champion, 5x Sweden/Serbia Champion, 4x England Champion, 3x WC Winner, 2x France Champion, 2x UFCL Winner
World Awards: 4x Forward of the Year, 4x Golden Assist, 3x Golden Boot, 3x Golden Technique, 2x Golden Pass, 1x Midfielder of the Year, 1x Defender of the Year, 1x Keeper of the Year

bosko2602
#6 Posted : Thursday, October 27, 2016 10:42:36 PM

Game Master Icon: Medal received for taking part in Footballidentity's Game Master team

Chris Rutter wrote:
I'm going to be in Thailand next season so I'm opening a new league there to give me a league I can play other than Indonesia. Sorry to all teams I currently play with, I will not be active next season. The league will run on Sun/Sat at 14:10 GMT (so on Sundays it will be right before Indonesia). I have chosen those days so that it will potentially be playable for Europeans and Asians, and so I can continue to support the league when I return from Thailand.

As i see now, it is Wed/Sun at 14:15 UTC. Mistake or correct?
Chris Rutter
#7 Posted : Thursday, October 27, 2016 11:24:10 PM

bosko2602 wrote:
Chris Rutter wrote:

As i see now, it is Wed/Sun at 14:15 UTC. Mistake or correct?

Mistake. There have been quite a few issues with the league. I have a new found respect for those who have managed to set up new leagues or mergers in the very short pre-season window whilst doing WC at the same time.