Welcome Guest Active Topics | Log In

Blocking Options
phoenix0_0
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 12, 2016 8:22:21 PM

I started again i think after a gap of 1-2 yrs. After trying out test match, i noticed that JT character was able to block many of the shots and passes so i assumed the block feature has been enhanced. Now i have trained my blocking and is currently at 55(18 yr old character).
But got news from others that blocking is not at all useful.

So is it or is it not?Sad
Sponsor  

Mini Miudo
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 12, 2016 8:45:02 PM

I wouldn't say it's "not at all" useful. It's just not useful in a lot of scenarios, but definitely has its use. Morten even managed to block a 4bar shot with 2*, so hey, shows it can work!
Silent Assassins FC
1x England Champions (S30)
10. Mini Cristiano Ronaldo - CF // 7. Mini Ricardo Quaresma - SM // 21. Mini Mauro Zárate - CF

Northern Assassins FC
7x Italy/Ireland Champions (S21, S23, S25, S26, S27, S28, S31), 1x UFCL Winners (S23)
1. Mini Rui Patrício - GK // 7. Mini Dries Mertens - SM // 24. Mini Alessandro Florenzi - SD

Titles: 7x Italy/Ireland Champion, 5x Sweden/Serbia Champion, 4x England Champion, 3x WC Winner, 2x France Champion, 2x UFCL Winner
World Awards: 4x Forward of the Year, 4x Golden Assist, 3x Golden Boot, 3x Golden Technique, 2x Golden Pass, 1x Midfielder of the Year, 1x Defender of the Year, 1x Keeper of the Year

Elboludo
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 12, 2016 10:50:06 PM

Mini Miudo wrote:
I wouldn't say it's "not at all" useful. It's just not useful in a lot of scenarios, but definitely has its use. Morten even managed to block a 4bar shot with 2*, so hey, shows it can work!

With about 60 blocking, you should be able to block the odd 1 bar shot with 2 stars.

I have 100 Blocking with 5 star Kamikaze, and as Mini said, I managed to block a 4 bar hard shot with 2 stars.

So it's definitely not useless. You just don't get that many chances to use it.
<22:59:08> "kwanzi"
: ha ha, well, at leats i can declare my love to you here

FID experience summed up:
vercetti
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 13, 2016 12:29:05 AM

Moderator: Medal received for taking part in Footballidentity's Moderator team

I may be completely wrong but the way randomness works also means that with 60/70 blocking, it increases your chances of getting a 3* Block. 3*s are more likely to occur when the calculator says you only narrowly failed a 2*. It was noticeable the few times I played alongside Hawkmoons ACM this season. I think he had 70 Blocking and 1* Kamikaze and he seemed to 3* more regularly than others. Certainly not useless from the very few games I've played with/against chars with blocking.