Welcome Guest Active Topics | Log In

2 Pages <12
Kickstarter FID Options
Daemonos
#21 Posted : Tuesday, August 05, 2014 6:48:16 PM

villeeee wrote:
I disagree. Would you like to somehow show me the maths on how you think this game would have any chance of getting the 20k you mentioned from a Kickstarter project with the userbase it has?

And that's where i think that you are wrong, because you you don't need to count to the userbase it has, will get new users! smiling its many people that would like this game but they just don't know it exists Flapper

Anyhow, how many people playing the game already? we can make a 1st count (with the userbase already exists).

Again i am telling you, will advertise the game and people will back this effort. You can trust my words because people backing projects the developers do from their hearts and love em, personally am a backer to 5 games, which 2 of them is released already smiling
rikishiyayo
#22 Posted : Tuesday, August 05, 2014 8:04:47 PM

gooner4ever wrote:
This is a really great game but there are still too many flaws and bugs with it, and too much potential for improvement that hasn't been realised yet - hence why the game is still in BETA.

Keep the ideas coming, keep working on implementation and then once the game is finally out of BETA (may need more staff to do this but it would help), then we can go mad with adverts and kickstart and videos and reviews and what-have-you.

Also an idea, don't quite know how easy this would be but if you could try and get a user to help with development. Surely out of the few thousand users, a few know how to code and have experience in this field, so you could pay them to work online for you if you gave them coding powers - again I don't know how this would work, if you could code from another place other than your offices or not. But worth a thought, even if they only did it part-time.

Im sure, that someone who knows how to code, has a free time and likes this game, would help with developing for free

Kevan Lannister MAN - Československá Legie

Jožko Vajda SD - Československá Legie

Arthur Dayne WF - The Panthers

Ramsay Bolton CM - The Panthers

Euron Greyjoy SM - The Crazy Gang

Ferrazza11
#23 Posted : Tuesday, August 05, 2014 8:22:15 PM

Game Master Icon: Medal received for taking part in Footballidentity's Game Master team

rikishiyayo wrote:
gooner4ever wrote:
This is a really great game but there are still too many flaws and bugs with it, and too much potential for improvement that hasn't been realised yet - hence why the game is still in BETA.

Keep the ideas coming, keep working on implementation and then once the game is finally out of BETA (may need more staff to do this but it would help), then we can go mad with adverts and kickstart and videos and reviews and what-have-you.

Also an idea, don't quite know how easy this would be but if you could try and get a user to help with development. Surely out of the few thousand users, a few know how to code and have experience in this field, so you could pay them to work online for you if you gave them coding powers - again I don't know how this would work, if you could code from another place other than your offices or not. But worth a thought, even if they only did it part-time.

Im sure, that someone who knows how to code, has a free time and likes this game, would help with developing for free

It's not that easy, you don't have to forget that more or less lucrative, FID is a product, and as it is it's not that easy to open it's source to any developer.

Maybe they can request help of users with the promotional videos, or searching ways to improve it, but opening full of part of the code of your work it's not an easy think.

Btw if they decide to do it, I can help if needed xD.
Daemonos
#24 Posted : Tuesday, August 05, 2014 8:28:10 PM

Or, ask some developer companies for funding and code writing/producing. With the proper introductions ofc.

Still kickstarter is the best solution here.
MemphisWill
#25 Posted : Tuesday, August 05, 2014 9:55:58 PM

I don't want to join in with the negative Nancy's here because there's already too many, and the points have already been made. Experienced users, myself included, sometimes have an outsized opinion of their value and that's where statements about having already lost the ''core'' users come from. Quite simply, there are millions of internet gamers out there. To be commercially successful FID only needs a minuscule percentage of the market. If they can fix the flaws in the game, maximize user retention, and have a productive advertising campaign all those who left or are leaving will be hardly a passing thought. FID is a very unique game, if it can be sorted out there will be no trouble attracting new users.

That said, it does need a lot of sorting out. The current rate of development is just too slow to keep up, and it's only a matter of time before someone with the resources stumbles onto the idea and executes it better. I've long felt like development of the current game should be shut down. What can be learned about vastly improving the game has been learned at this point, and there's not a lot you'd want to carry directly over from the current version into a blue sky rebuild of the game.

Just my two cents of advice, mind you, but I feel something like a kickstarter campaign should be the focus. The trickling out of developments is only stemming the blood loss, and you have to honestly assess the timetable remaining to develop the game to an ideal point. There's really no sense worrying about placating the existing userbase, it has already shown itself insufficient in supporting the game financially. The technology built into the game is already outdated, and by the time the new version is developed who's to say it won't be a day late?

Throw everything you've learned in 5+ years on a board. Promote the hell out of it to raise the capital needed to quickly redevelop the concept from the ground up, properly executed, and relaunch. The goalposts move too fast to try both developing for the future and maintaining for present with limited resources. The game is going to bleed out at the current pace. You can accept the slow death, or risk a fast one taking a shot at success.

rikishiyayo
#26 Posted : Tuesday, August 05, 2014 10:42:12 PM

MemphisWill wrote:
I don't want to join in with the negative Nancy's here because there's already too many, and the points have already been made. Experienced users, myself included, sometimes have an outsized opinion of their value and that's where statements about having already lost the ''core'' users come from. Quite simply, there are millions of internet gamers out there. To be commercially successful FID only needs a minuscule percentage of the market. If they can fix the flaws in the game, maximize user retention, and have a productive advertising campaign all those who left or are leaving will be hardly a passing thought. FID is a very unique game, if it can be sorted out there will be no trouble attracting new users.

That said, it does need a lot of sorting out. The current rate of development is just too slow to keep up, and it's only a matter of time before someone with the resources stumbles onto the idea and executes it better. I've long felt like development of the current game should be shut down. What can be learned about vastly improving the game has been learned at this point, and there's not a lot you'd want to carry directly over from the current version into a blue sky rebuild of the game.

Just my two cents of advice, mind you, but I feel something like a kickstarter campaign should be the focus. The trickling out of developments is only stemming the blood loss, and you have to honestly assess the timetable remaining to develop the game to an ideal point. There's really no sense worrying about placating the existing userbase, it has already shown itself insufficient in supporting the game financially. The technology built into the game is already outdated, and by the time the new version is developed who's to say it won't be a day late?

Throw everything you've learned in 5+ years on a board. Promote the hell out of it to raise the capital needed to quickly redevelop the concept from the ground up, properly executed, and relaunch. The goalposts move too fast to try both developing for the future and maintaining for present with limited resources. The game is going to bleed out at the current pace. You can accept the slow death, or risk a fast one taking a shot at success.

I agree with your point of view. It has been 5 years, users came and left and the game itself changed a bit. Im playing only for a 10 months, so i cannot tell precisely,how much it has changed. But from what i saw and heard and the fact, that it is still Beta, those changes must not have been huge.

I like this game. To be honest, im playing only FID and Hattrick, from this "browser games" category. I think that this game has a great potential. Its unique, but very entertaining. And even, there are so many issues(bugs, flaws in ME, non user friendly frontend, problems with performance), there are still people who enjoy this game few times a week.

But im sure, i would not be glad to hear, that FID team decided to go all in, like yourse saying, risking either a success or a death(My chars are young and i even spent money). But youre right. Something needs to be done, cause i would say, this game cannot last forever in current state...

Kevan Lannister MAN - Československá Legie

Jožko Vajda SD - Československá Legie

Arthur Dayne WF - The Panthers

Ramsay Bolton CM - The Panthers

Euron Greyjoy SM - The Crazy Gang

tiraths27
#27 Posted : Tuesday, August 05, 2014 10:44:38 PM

MemphisWill wrote:

Applause

Super Club Soccer - Life after FID
Link to User

TROPHY CABINET | SEASON 20-24

Daemonos
#28 Posted : Wednesday, August 06, 2014 7:28:19 AM

Come and realise that Kickstarter projects aren't rocket science to do, everyone can do it. And i am sure FID will shine in there!
thegreenwoods
#29 Posted : Wednesday, August 06, 2014 11:52:45 AM

Head Staff Medal: Medal rewarded for being part of the Head Staff at FootballidentityKey User Group: User recieved this medal for taking part in the FID Key User Group (KUG)

MemphisWill wrote:

I think it's fair to say that this is a complete pipedream. As the admins have said, they have spent the last 5 years trying to raise the capital needed. It's just not that simple. They don't have any kind of financial backing to fall back on, from what I gather, so they can't just throw this to the side and completely work on something else. If they do this game will die long before they have developed a new and improved version of the game, if the current development rate is anything to go by.

I kind of sympathize with the devs, it can't be easy, we don't know their backgrounds or histories. This could well be the first game most of them have worked on. Small development teams don't mean slow development, usually. The handheld version of Football Manager, as an example, has a development team of 3. Yet they churn out a complete reskin, new ME and new features every year but the head developer has been working on these games for the last 20 years so for him it's going to be pretty easy to do. So maybe the slow development isn't purely down to the devs needing more motivation to hurry the shucks up, maybe they are learning as they develop, who knows but ultimately who cares? No one. What people care about is a functioning game that keeps growing and developing over time at a reasonable rate. The development rate of this game is so so so slow. It's incredible, but until someone else makes the same game but better they have the luxury of having zero competition so they can plod along at any pace they see fit. Maybe the rest of us should develop a similar game in our spare time just to prod them a bit to hurry up! Biggrin

Anyway, the developments been slow for 5 years. It's not suddenly got worse or better. A kickstarter won't work, imo. We have probably a few hundred active/committed members on the site that would be willing to invest. Even if everyone chucked in a tenner we could probably get a few grand, but I doubt that many would. Aside from that, FID isn't visually stimulating enough to capture a new audience on kickstarter and people actually want something from a kickstarter. You can't sell them the game early because it's free. So what do you give them? 1000 credits for a tenner or so? Probably the only way to actually get it accepted on kickstarter, but then normal users wouldn't want to do that as they would have to wait for a month to get any credits for the game (or even longer if it was a kickstarter to create a brand new game).

Aside from that, I agree with most of MW's post. Especially the first paragraph.

tl;dr version: Suck it up until someone makes a better/rival game that you can then play.
mayas
#30 Posted : Wednesday, August 06, 2014 1:17:17 PM

Daemonos wrote:

oti katalaveis katalaves daimona

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oC67sATmX50
Daemonos
#31 Posted : Wednesday, August 06, 2014 1:33:53 PM

mayas wrote:
Daemonos wrote:

oti katalaveis katalaves daimona

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oC67sATmX50

smiling

So, does the devs read this thread r what? again i am reminding you thegreenwoods that you DON"T have to count on standard players to back this game, this is JUST the start, you cont for the people that will come after! And a game doesnt have to be VISUAL good to attract backers, FID is a lot more than that! and visual improvements can be surely made! Go take a look at Kickstarter projects and you will get the idea Applause
villeeee
#32 Posted : Wednesday, August 06, 2014 1:38:59 PM

Key User Group: User recieved this medal for taking part in the FID Key User Group (KUG)

Counting on what you hope will happen is a pretty bad business strategy.
mayas
#33 Posted : Wednesday, August 06, 2014 1:49:10 PM

den katalaves
thegreenwoods
#34 Posted : Wednesday, August 06, 2014 1:53:12 PM

Head Staff Medal: Medal rewarded for being part of the Head Staff at FootballidentityKey User Group: User recieved this medal for taking part in the FID Key User Group (KUG)

Daemonos wrote:

So, does the devs read this thread r what? again i am reminding you thegreenwoods that you DON"T have to count on standard players to back this game, this is JUST the start, you cont for the people that will come after! And a game doesnt have to be VISUAL good to attract backers, FID is a lot more than that! and visual improvements can be surely made! Go take a look at Kickstarter projects and you will get the idea Applause

I have backed many kickstarters, and actually done my own. There is only a very limited chance that the game will blow up on kickstarter and actually make a decent amount of money. Only 35.28% of kickstarters for games actually reach their goal. If you don't reach your goal you get no money which is a massive waste of time (probably) for the current dev team.

Honestly, what would you give people backing the kickstarter? That's one of the basic things you have to do to get accepted. You can't give people copies of the game... you can give people credits/SP but apart from that then what? Backers have to get something from the project.

Look at https://www.kickstarter....k-war-game?ref=category as an example. Look at the amount of concept art and videos they have. A hell of a lot of work has gone into that and they actually have something they can sell and offer to backers. It would take our dev team years to complete that much work. Wink
mayas
#35 Posted : Wednesday, August 06, 2014 2:15:42 PM

actually as him not able guarantee the sucess

same you not know that ll fall apart

dont know

sometimes just follow yor dream is all what need to shine even if the posibilities be against but thats only dreamers devs decision

but jep think fid"i" cant dance yet

need other methods cheeper and simpler before kickstarted

cheeper and own advert is to be showed high when some1 google for such football games
youbestoe
#36 Posted : Wednesday, August 06, 2014 2:20:32 PM

brawls and this 1
youbestoe
#37 Posted : Wednesday, August 06, 2014 2:21:41 PM

not yet me toe?

be fast be fastLaugh Out Loud
gooner4ever
#38 Posted : Wednesday, August 06, 2014 2:42:58 PM

Off-topic: Is it just me or are the "posts" numbers on some of these new users a bit messed up? Daemonos has 1 post when he has made countless posts here, and the guys who just posted have 0 posts, when they clearly just posted.

#WorkOfBrawls Flapper
GOONER4EVER

ENG-FIDA PRESIDENT - MODERATOR

TITLES:
ethernaldreams
#39 Posted : Wednesday, August 06, 2014 2:51:00 PM

gooner4ever wrote:
Off-topic: Is it just me or are the "posts" numbers on some of these new users a bit messed up? Daemonos has 1 post when he has made countless posts here, and the guys who just posted have 0 posts, when they clearly just posted.

#WorkOfBrawls Flapper

Ban for you Naughty
Retired

villeeee
#40 Posted : Wednesday, August 06, 2014 2:56:55 PM

Key User Group: User recieved this medal for taking part in the FID Key User Group (KUG)

gooner4ever wrote:

#WorkOfBrawls Flapper

This is offensive, brawls best moderator FID. Disgusting that you'd accuse him of being at fault here, I expect a long ban.