Welcome Guest Active Topics | Log In

Goalkeeper dives Options
Smarti
#1 Posted : Monday, March 31, 2014 1:14:23 PM

Hi everyone,

So the other day, i went to Paris (for school trip) and went to the PSG - OM game, and saw some amazing football being played there from both teams. Towards half time, the score was 1-0 (i thought) and with an amazing diving save, the PSG's goalkeeper jumped in the air and punched the ball with AMAZING technique. This made me wonder, why doesn't FID, even though it is a virtual game, doesn't allow the goalkeepers to dive?

Currently, all players on the field are a 'dot' or a 'circle,' however u want to pronounce it. It symbolises like the center of your character, and where he/she is currently standing. This makes sense right?

Field players use their feet and head to shoot/pass or head the ball either towards the net, or a team-player. However, goalkeepers still have the ability to use their hands outside their 'center.' The best way to explain it, see the dot as the head of the player, birds eye view. A normal footballer (field player) uses their feet (located under the head) to kick the ball. Goalkeepers can swing their arms and reach further than the head.

But anyways, don't want to make it too long and soo boring for you guys to read it, so my proposition was maybe to add a new skill (like the name "ninja dive") which allows the goalkeeper to move 1.5x the normal amount only for perhaps 1 or 2x a match. This symbolises the dive. I would suggest 1x because otherwise if the goalkeeper is way out of position he can use it 2x in a row, or only use the ability when there can be contact laid with the ball, or like a punch, (turn 1 =) dive, (turn2 =) can't dive, and then the following move (turn 3) again dive. The downside, however, is for example a drop in fitness, for instance 5%, or a decrease in success for saving. Stamina is very important for all players, so why not give the goalkeepers the chance to dive?

Now, after reading all of this, you might be wondering: "Doesn't this make the goalkeeper superior, or OP (over-powered)?" The answer is, no. This is because in real life situations, when the ball comes straight at the goalkeeper (which sometimes happens), no matter what speed, the goalkeeper will ALWAYS get it (unless a penalty of course) because he could miss it, but assuming that it was at green or yellow height, his body will just reflect the ball as the ball will just bounce off his chest. In FID, if a 5 bar hard shot is straight at a goalkeeper, he would still have a huge chance of missing it.

What is agility for if you can't see it?

Thanks,

Ninja Smarti
Sponsor  

Simodium
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 01, 2014 1:28:39 AM

Well, the point is that the circle is not exactly the player "silhouette", but rather the area of interaction.
The player silhouette is actually a lot smaller than the whole circle. One could say it's nearly half the diameter, if not less.

The Match Interface simulates the interaction as if the footballer could stretch his own leg(s) up to the circle bounds.

I like the drop in fitness as a drawback for using a special though (but I would not increase the amount of specials a keeper can use during a game).

Characters in Spoiler

ITALIAN MODERATOR

Please don't try to contact me via in-game chat, I might be afk. Send me a PM instead.
For spam or abuse reports use the proper links at the bottom-right of the incriminated post. Thank you.

Per domande legate alla moderazione non cercatemi nella chat del gioco, piuttosto mandatemi un PM.
Per segnalare spam o post offensivi usate i link appositi in basso a destra del post incriminato. Grazie.

FORUM RULES/GUIDELINES

Smarti
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 01, 2014 1:16:59 PM

so if this circle is the range, every player can interact with the ball the same distance? Goalkeepers can use their hands in both directions at the same time though... field players cant reach both directions (unless they do a split or something?) or unless it's handball. How come the players can reach a high at the edge of the red/orange area with even the slightest 'circle' area covering it?
didothunder
#4 Posted : Tuesday, April 01, 2014 3:18:18 PM

Yeah as Simodium said.

I consider if you can't get exactly get square behind a ball to be a dive or a stretch or something along those lines so it is the area of interaction. The keeper doesn't need more specials, the 2 super punches to me help when you can barely reach, or diving as I see it.
Brent Little - Hendon - England 1A
Simply... the best keeper in the game
World Keeper of the Year - Season 20 - Hendon

Formerly from

Mini Miudo
#5 Posted : Tuesday, April 01, 2014 3:27:16 PM

Goalkeepers' interaction area is bigger than that of the outfield players right now, so I think this is pretty much spot on as it is.
Silent Assassins FC
1x England Champions (S30)
10. Mini Cristiano Ronaldo - CF // 7. Mini Ricardo Quaresma - SM // 21. Mini Mauro Zárate - CF

Northern Assassins FC
7x Italy/Ireland Champions (S21, S23, S25, S26, S27, S28, S31), 1x UFCL Winners (S23)
1. Mini Rui Patrício - GK // 7. Mini Dries Mertens - SM // 24. Mini Alessandro Florenzi - SD

Titles: 7x Italy/Ireland Champion, 5x Sweden/Serbia Champion, 4x England Champion, 3x WC Winner, 2x France Champion, 2x UFCL Winner
World Awards: 4x Forward of the Year, 4x Golden Assist, 3x Golden Boot, 3x Golden Technique, 2x Golden Pass, 1x Midfielder of the Year, 1x Defender of the Year, 1x Keeper of the Year

Acheres
#6 Posted : Saturday, April 05, 2014 11:52:02 AM

Goalkeepers already got 2 strong specials as is. Its already really tough to score a goal if the goalkeeper still got his specials (unless its vs my 1* king GKLaugh Out Loud). Adding another special gives a GK to much 'free' saves. GK's do not need anymore specials. Maybe a little tweaking but no more specials.
ethernaldreams
#7 Posted : Saturday, April 05, 2014 5:45:04 PM

Acheres wrote:
Goalkeepers already got 2 strong specials as is. Its already really tough to score a goal if the goalkeeper still got his specials (unless its vs my 1* king GKLaugh Out Loud). Adding another special gives a GK to much 'free' saves. GK's do not need anymore specials. Maybe a little tweaking but no more specials.

A little? and do you have a keeper? this position needs a big tweak.
Retired